• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End |OT| You're gonna miss this ass

Necro900

I got to chapter
, am I right in assuming I'm pretty much halfway?

Don't tell me the total number of chapters, i just want to know approx. how much more uncharted there is.. it's all going too fast and I don't want it to end :p

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
The game really took it up a notch in chapter
. Loving it so far, I still can't get over how good it looks, I'm definitely getting the same "wow" feeling I got when I played Order 1886. It's running great for the most part as well, few bumps here and there which I'd love for them to iron out just because it's near perfection. Easily the smoothest 30fps game I've ever played, usually I find it very hard to enjoy console games because of the frame rate but that's just not a problem here, sometimes I honestly forget it's running at 30fps. I don't know how they did it, but they've really pulled off something incredible and I hope it inspires other devs to do better in the future.

Anung

Un Rama
Buddy that's the first thing said in this thread that got me even more hyped but I feel the hyperbole all over it. High praise though.

Eh, I'd hardly call it hyperbolic. For context I've never been a huge fan of Uncharted's moment to moment shooting (especially U3). It was too light with bullets lacking impact and enemies being a shit to drop. Now this is hardly Max Payne 3 in terms of raw mechanics but it just feels right in a similar way to that. I think this is the first shooting action set-piece of the game and head-shots, blind firing and running to cover as bullets tear up the scenery feels good in a way it never has for me in this series.

I'm quite early on so I guess I'll need to wait and see and pray they don't start throwing armored sponge enemies at Nate like UC3.

Hand-to-hand combat leaves a lot to be desired, mind.

aravuus

Holy shit the combat actually feels good in this. The hit detection and the way enemies react to being shot is giving me serious Max Payne 3 vibes.

I wouldn't go as far as MP3, but yeah, it definitely feels a lot better than the earlier games. It's actually quite fun and not something I just want to get over and done with, which is something I don't usually say about FPS/TPS SP campaigns.

Osahi

Replayed chapter 4 to take some photomode pics and look at some stuff i missed. The detailing is out of this world. The world globe on Drakes attic? Shoot at it!

Zackat

I pre ordered Uncharted on September 2, 2014. I just now went and checked my email and saw that for some reason Amazon did not update to my new credit card info for Uncharted and instead used the credit card info from like 2 fucking years ago when I pre-ordered. So now I am not going to get the game until Thursday. I am fuckin gutted man. No warning emails or anything until yesterday at like midnight when I was already asleep and I didn't even check it today. This fucking sucks.

I pre ordered Uncharted on September 2, 2014. I just now went and checked my email and saw that for some reason Amazon did not update to my new credit card info for Uncharted and instead used the credit card info from like 2 fucking years ago when I pre-ordered. So now I am not going to get the game until Thursday. I am fuckin gutted man. No warning emails or anything until yesterday at like midnight when I was already asleep and I didn't even check it today. This fucking sucks.

Go out to your local store and pick it up instead, if the wait is gonna kill you.

Carrier: AMZL US
Still OUT FOR DELIVERY geez when I ordered my iPad Pro case and it arrived on Sunday I got it early in the morning..now for this game I might have to wait til 8PM

dmshaposv

In terms of sheer detail, interactivity, art direction and cinematography ( someone give the lighting artisit a fucking medal) it takes a huge dump on the sterile order 1886.

Ledhead

On chapter 13 now. My god, this game is gorgeous. I have stopped numerous times now to just look. I can't believe how detailed and lifelike some of the vistas look.

In terms of sheer detail, interactivity, art direction and cinematography ( someone give the lighting artisit a fucking medal) it takes a huge dump on the sterile order 1886.

The Order was Ready at dawns first original title. I wouldn't be surprised if their next title is gonna be great.

rdytoroll

This is unreal. Just got done with chapter
. Already knew it from the promo material, but playing it yourself is on a whole other level. Probably the best designed level I have ever played. Hope there's more to come that's on this level of pure adrenaline pumping action

This game is the real deal. Going into a combat scenario in stealth at first, but then deciding to go all in is amazing. The pure chaos of it, swinging around and using all the different mechanics allows you to play every scenario the way you want. Love how the combat plays out

ILOuyAS.gif

HURRY UP AND INSTALL, YOU PIECE OF SHIT. That really somber rendition of "Nate's Theme" in the PS4 UI, though; I'm not sure what to make of it.

f@luS

More than a member.
Its strange. When I move around using just the left stick I almost feel like it's 60fps I just feel the 30fps when I move the camera. Feels really different.

G-Bus

Banned
Oh man do I hate day one updates. such bullshit.

Roughly 25% now. taking forever. servers must be getting hammered.

Wifes working late too :) should be able to squeeze in a few hours.

BraXzy

Minor Easter egg spoilers early on
That NeoGAF post showing the statue made me giggle, that's a pretty awesome thing to be featured.

Is the cutscene/story development ratio the same in the rest of the game as it is in the first 7 chapters? I mean damn, it's good stuff, but I may need to charge the controller and get some popcorn cause I'm not doing much playing.

The first three Uncharteds aren't playable Indiana Jones movies.

Uncharted 4 is a playable Indiana Jones movie.

I am eating unprecedented amounts of crow right now and it's delicious.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Its strange. When I move around using just the left stick I almost feel like it's 60fps I just feel the 30fps when I move the camera. Feels really different.

Yep, it feels extremely smooth, the camera movement does give it away as 30fps but damn they did a good job of making it feel better than it has a right to.

SDCowboy

Can someone tell me how far I am? I need to decide if I should call it a day or not...

Our phone just got hacked and we're about to exit the clock tower.

I feel like anyone who haven't finished the game yet, and are saying the first few hours are boring will come back eventually to take those words back lol.

Really good description.

Uncharted 1/2/3 are great action games.

But Uncharted 4 is just something else entirely, and it is incredible!

what, did you think post-TLOU Straely/Druckmann directed UC for the PS4 was gonna be bad

you?

Ladekabel

I am at Chapter 6 now. Game looks stunning but it doesn't really have me yet. The shooting doesn't really feel much better than ND's previous games and
that they tried the same feel bait with Sam getting shot in the beginning had me roll my eyes.
But I'm loving the dialogue in this game so far.

And Nate's house, guys, Nate's house! When I looked in the mirror and zoomed in he made different animations!

Top Bottom