• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End |OT| You're gonna miss this ass

SDCowboy

I feel like anyone who haven't finished the game yet, and are saying the first few hours are boring will come back eventually to take those words back lol.

The first few hours were some of my favorites. I seriously wouldn't mind an Uncharted game with little to no combat.

Zackat

Just talked to Amazon and they upped my shipping for 1-day so it will be here tomorrow. Considering that I got it for 43 bucks it's worth it I guess. Only 1 day. Have fun everyone, I'll be back tomorrow.

dmshaposv

Chapter 10/11 spoiler:

man i love naughty dog just putting guybrush threepwood painting in the puzzle with the monkey sigil reference..so cute!

Surely I'm not the first one to bring up this regarding a treasure find..
The strange pendant which I guess is a TLOU Firefly reference, correct? The name on the back says Druckley which must be a combination of Druckmann and Straley. But what would the number 000 have for significance in this case?

I am at Chapter 6 now. Game looks stunning but it doesn't really have me yet. The shooting doesn't really feel much better than ND's previous games and
that they tried the same feel bait with Sam getting shot in the beginning had me roll my eyes.
But I'm loving the dialogue in this game so far.

And Nate's house, guys, Nate's house! When I looked in the mirror and zoomed in he made different animations!

Only Chapter 6?!? Yeah you haven't even scratch the surface yet.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Minor Easter egg spoilers early on
That NeoGAF post showing the statue made me giggle, that's a pretty awesome thing to be featured.
I just saw this happen and looked up this thread immediately to confirm I wasn't just seeing things.

aravuus

I feel like anyone who haven't finished the game yet, and are saying the first few hours are boring will come back eventually to take those words back lol.

?? Just like a bad ending won't make the rest of the game automatically bad, a good ending won't make the rest of the game good. Which, of course, isn't the case here, but it's a similar situation. If someone finds the beginning hours boring, it's very likely they won't magically change their mind after playing the game more.

Gurish

The first three Uncharteds aren't playable Indiana Jones movies.

Uncharted 4 is a playable Indiana Jones movie.

I am eating unprecedented amounts of crow right now and it's delicious.

I remember you were skeptical, good to see you enjoy it, game is indeed very very good.

Jennipeg

I've just played Chapter 4, seriously my nostalgia levels are through the roof right now! I'm going to leave it there for tonight, I'm taking my time with this.

dmshaposv

I mean sure the first few chapters u are not doing a lot of combat and the game is slow paced - but naughty dog has somehow managed to make these interactions very engaging.

Its not like it turned into a fucking david cage game. Surprisingly very few QTEs too compared to previous uncharteds.

f@luS

More than a member.
The first three Uncharteds aren't playable Indiana Jones movies.

Uncharted 4 is a playable Indiana Jones movie.

I am eating unprecedented amounts of crow right now and it's delicious.
Very good description. It's really different. This one really benefit from last of us and it's amazing

?? Just like a bad ending won't make the rest of the game automatically bad, a good ending won't make the rest of the game good. Which, of course, isn't the case here, but it's a similar situation. If someone finds the beginning hours boring, it's very likely they won't magically change their mind after playing the game more.

I said I feel like people would... I'm not claiming everyone will feel the same way, sure it won't change some people's mind. But for a game to get this much praise, unless that person dislike this type of game in general. I highly doubt they'll think the rest of the game won't change their mind.

rtcn63

Question: Is Uncharted 4 more difficult than Rise of the Tomb Raider? I've played UC1-2 and just ordered the PS4 collection to finish UC3. Might pick Uncharted 4 soon, but I was very underwhelmed with how easy ROTR was even on the hardest difficulty.

Question: Is Uncharted 4 more difficult than Return of the Tomb Raider? I've played UC1-2 and just ordered the PS4 collection to finish UC3. Might pick Uncharted 4 soon, but I was very underwhelmed with how easy ROTR even on the hardest difficulty.

I played ROTR on the hardest difficulty too. This game is in my opinion is harder.

ROTR felt more like the older Uncharted games, while this feels more like a hybrid of MGS and Uncharted.

Demo85

Banned
I played ROTR on the hardest difficulty too. This game is in my opinion is harder.

ROTR felt more like the older Uncharted games, while this feels more like a hybrid of MGS and Uncharted.

ROTR = Rock on the Range?

EDIT - Ohh ride of the tomb raider durrr sorry had a moment

24hr

Played a coupe of hours of MP and I love it. One thing I noticed is that after every game it tells me I have completed a challenge and 'gives' me 250 relics yet nothing gets added?

Duxxy3

Amazon order cancelled. Bought through PSN instead. Note to self - don't count on Amazon for pre-orders ever again.

Downloading now.

Top Bottom