• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End |OT| You're gonna miss this ass

Daft Punk

Banned
I am at Chapter 6 now. Game looks stunning but it doesn't really have me yet. The shooting doesn't really feel much better than ND's previous games and
that they tried the same feel bait with Sam getting shot in the beginning had me roll my eyes.
But I'm loving the dialogue in this game so far.

And Nate's house, guys, Nate's house! When I looked in the mirror and zoomed in he made different animations!

It wasn't supposed to be feel bait. It sets up the story so you can stop rolling your eyes.

So in terms of unlocking cosmetic stuff in MP. You've got 2 options. Earn relics and buy chests to unlock stuff at random, or buy it with micros. Correct?

Robiin

I've only played a little past the title card, think I'm on chapter 4, amd this is by far the best playing Uncharted, might have to do with the DS4 but it's miles better than the old games.

Also it is probably the best looking console game I've seen. The city at night when you (prolouge spoilers)
escape over the rooftops with Sam
was absolutely mind-bogglingly beautiful.

John_B

The default brightness setting at 5/10 is definitely not gamma 2.2. It's overly bright. I changed it to 4/10 and the image became much clearer. This is also why some of the video from this game looked like it was captured improperly.

Gamma should be a system wide setting. These sliders and visual guides to optimize the brightness are a pain. At the minimum please show what gamma levels the slider is representing.

Linconan

Just found,
Collectable, Strange Pendant, The Last of Us Fireflies, Druckley 000
lol
Nice little Easter Egg. Caught me by surprise when i found it, and i might have let out a little bit of excitement.

zsynqx

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featu...al&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

JG: Yeah, it’s interesting to me because I’m kind of coming at it from the opposite angle. I did not care for the three Uncharted games before this that much, outside of Uncharted 2, and was never really invested in these characters beyond enjoying the occasional, well-landed witty remark. However, I just finished 4 last night and I’m a huge fan of this game. I just really dig it a lot. And I know there are a number of people who are kind of in my position with not liking Uncharted but being curious about 4 because they really dug The Last of Us or they just want something that looks nice and shiny for their PS4, so I figured we should talk about just how necessary playing the other three games is to enjoying the latest one.

I wonder how many people will have this experience.

I am at Chapter 6 now. Game looks stunning but it doesn't really have me yet. The shooting doesn't really feel much better than ND's previous games and
that they tried the same feel bait with Sam getting shot in the beginning had me roll my eyes.
But I'm loving the dialogue in this game so far.

And Nate's house, guys, Nate's house! When I looked in the mirror and zoomed in he made different animations!
The shooting doesn't feel much better than UC1?

The Ummah

Banned
UPS just dropped off the treasure! I'll be joining you guys soon.

Think I decided on normal for the first play through. I'll have some time to decide, between making room on the HD/downloading updates.

Gosh am I loving this. This is the first game in the series for me that I am actively loving playing. The shooting, climbing, and movement changes from the previous games all feel so good.

bronk

Banned
I have my audio output to home theater. What should i set my center channel to? Disabled, dialogue or dialogue+effects? Thanks!

Can you pause during a cut scene? I was too scared to try.

Did anyone else catch that the opening was
a montage and reimagining of the openings to the first three games? The boat shoot out from the first game is followed by the stealth level from U2 and the following scene is a boxing match a la U3
?

aravuus

I'm currently one of those people, or maybe even a more extreme case cause I didn't even like TLOU. I've been really, really enjoying U4 so far, the last couple of chapters have been a bit so-so because of
Elena and the Nate lying/marriage squabble shit I really don't care about
but otherwise very good stuff. And at least the fights have been fun in these chapters. Trying to be as sneaky as possible is great.

I wasn't really paying much attention to ND before, but I'll definitely keep a closer eye on their future after U4.

a montage and reimagining of the openings to the first three games? The boat shoot out from the first game is followed by the stealth level from U2 and the following scene is a boxing match a la U3
?

It just brings up options. And damn cool catch there.

Plum

Just turned 11pm and no indication my replacement order is being dispatched despite is saying arriving tomorrow.

Guess I'll be playing the game on Thursday then!

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
*Cartman freeze pic*

Every car sounds like UPS outside right now.

?

Holy SHIT! I did not think of that! Amazing!! mind blown!!!!!

Loris146

?

Yup.

teh_pwn

Lol yup. Getting whiplash over here lol

Fuck, just a Tesla.

UPS guy is getting fired today if he does the "customer not available for delivery" while flooring it past my house.

Salarians

UPS finally showed up. I open up the box and find that the disc was loose inside the case. No scratches but it gave me a nice scare. Now to wait for the patch to finish...

teh_pwn

UPS finally showed up. I open up the box and find that the disc was loose inside the case. No scratches but it gave me a nice scare. Now to wait for the patch to finish...

Totes jell. I'm basically a kid waiting for a snow day right now. I'm updating my Linux server that I never use to Ubuntu 16.04 to pass time. It's that bad.

So far the first few hours got me hooked and some complaints of the slow buildup has not bothered me one single bit.

You can definitely spot the influence The Last of Us did on towards the development of Uncharted 4 and it makes it far more mature in comparison to the previous installments.

There's a heavy emphasis on character development here. Such things require a slow start so the player gets to know the troubles Drake and his companions have gone through. There are tons of tiny details or interactions hidden between the action that makes you appreciate all the characters you previously loved even more.

Story is key here. Naughty Dog invested so much time and grace into the facial animation and gestures, that it is hard to not even realize you are even playing a videogame once the cutscenes start and you just randomly start to... smile. Judging by this thread I am not the only one getting that response.

Job well done, Naughty Dog. You are one talented group that should never leave each other. You guys are like wine. You get better with each year.

Kyrios

Fuck, just a Tesla.

UPS guy is getting fired today if he does the "customer not available for delivery" while flooring it past my house.

I've never waited this long for a UPS delivery, tracking said it was out for delivery since 7:30am and it's now 6:10pm.

What sucks is that they don't even give a time estimate, just "by the end of the day"

DoomGyver

nGm8t69.gif

teh_pwn

Not a high rate of posts from people that have the game. That's a very good sign. As a backup could I download this off PSN if UPS bails on me?

SaganIsGOAT

That feel when you know the copy of uncharted 4 that will be in your ps4 later is in the back of a truck within 15 minutes of you

I
Need
It

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
God damn. This game is amazing. have to be social and leave in a couple hours, but 5 or so chapters in and this game is mind blowing.

Top Bottom