• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End |OT| You're gonna miss this ass

Apathy

oh man, got to the
electrical room
and all the little assets around, makes me feel like I hit the jackpot while playing TLoU but I can't pick up that duct tape, so sad.

So, how important is this day one patch for the single-player campaign?

PSN must be getting hammered right now, because I'm getting the slowest download speeds I've ever experienced. Like, at this rate, it'll take three days for this patch to finish.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
Not sure why I preorder on Amazon every time for highly anticipated games. At least this time I made sure the CC that I pre-ordered hadn't expired yet.

Gurish

Wonder when (or if) we're going to hear about the PR announcing this game as the biggest launch in ND's history or even SCE in general.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
So, how important is this day one patch for the single-player campaign?
A different poster said he played the start without it and it was fine. You're going to not have photomode.

PSN must be getting hammered right now, because I'm getting the slowest download speeds I've ever experienced. Like, at this rate, it'll take three days for this patch to finish.
Most of the downloads on PSN are by Akamai, try to pause and unpause to get a different CDN Edgeserver. The way download servers are assigned is somehow buggy for a lot of people.

u_neek

Right, I'm gonna take it slow with this one. Chapter 4 got me right in the feels and I've been enjoying every second so far.

Oh, and dat foliage!

Draper

Purchase via the app on my way to work this morning

Expect to be downloaded by the time I arrive home

Get home "error occurred, could not download"

Fucking Sony man...

Gurish

So I somehow hadn't been spoiled on the (early chapter spoiler)
Crash Bandicoot part
My jaw dropped.

That was amazing, the moment they gave me control I stared at it for a minute, waiting for the cut scene to continue, than realizing "holy shit I'm controlling this!", that scene was so well done with their commentary and banter while you're doing it, I couldn't stop smiling, brilliant.

Kyrios

Doorbell!

fB2EA.gif

SMK

This game really sucks you in. I love how frantic the combat gets. It lets me have fun while I improvise out of sticky situations.

kgtrep

Finished Chapters 1-4 so far. This game gave me the biggest grin all throughout. The action sequences and the quiet moments, and the music that accompanies them are just stunning.

I knew about the
Crash Bandicoot
spoiler already (that will it/won't it one) but didn't expect the shout-out to
GAF with Sam's printout of the cross
, haha.

Can't wait to play more tonight!

u_neek

That was amazing, the moment they gave me control I stared at it for a minute, waiting for the cut scene to continue, than realizing "holy shit I'm controlling this!", that scene was so well done with their commentary and banter while you're doing it, I couldn't stop smiling, brilliant.
That bit really got me too!

I've played that level a hundred times before and still managed to lose lol.

Malawhur

I made it to chapter 8 and now have to go to sleep. Loving every minute of it so far. They really raised the bar, again :) the graphics and the details are insane

Demo85

Banned
I'm literally sitting on my porch with my laptop awaiting the UPS man. Wish Amazon used fedex, fedex comes to my house around noon, UPS is always real late in the day

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Finished Chapters 1-4 so far. This game gave me the biggest grin all throughout. The action sequences and the quiet moments, and the music that accompanies them are just stunning.

I knew about the
Crash Bandicoot
, haha.

How did I miss this?!

Gurish

That bit really got me too!

I've played that level a hundred times before and still managed to lose lol.

I did pretty well
considering I didn't play it for years, still remembered the controls like it was yesterday, though died once near the end from the double jump, couldn't beat Elena's score, next playthrough I will :)

DeviantBoi

I knew about the
Crash Bandicoot
, haha.

Explain that second one, please.

Looks like my copy is arriving tomorrow instead of Thursday like I initially thought. Now to decide whether or not to skip school tomorrow.

-Amon-

Well, 3 hours in, looks we have a fucking winner here.

Not that great amount of action till now, I have to agree but...

Everything is perfect!

I won't go on much, don't want to spoil anything, but these 3 hours have been both great and promising at the same time, the start of the game is building great expectations like never before in a videogame for me.

If UC4 keeps it's promises and deliver, we could have something really special, if not unique.

Back to play.

DirtyLarry

I got to play a very little this morning as I did something I cannot remember the last time I did it, I woke up BEFORE work to play. Even though I am only mid way through Chapter 2 I just loved everything I played so far.

I also took the day off from work tomorrow, which I really truly cannot remember the last time I did that. I am not sure I ever have to be honest. Even crazier is I plan on waking up as if I am going to work to get a full 8 hours of play time in.

Cannot fucking wait to get some real time with this game. The wait is over.

etta

my hard graphic balls
I just don't fucking get it.
How is it that Naughty Dog is so far ahead of everyone. The attention to detail, the perfect touches, like a masterpiece that is painted by hand. The sound, the emotion, the presentation, everything is so fucking good.
It's like tasting a piece of heaven when playing this game.

Gurish

My favorite bit from early on in the game:
Attic shootout with the toy guy.

Just so nice and wonderful.

All of chapter 4 is awesome, from start to finish, who knew that a chapter revolves around
Nate's current boring life
can be so enjoyable.

Top Bottom