• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End |OT| You're gonna miss this ass

I know some folks think the soundtrack is just ok, myself included at first. Though I bought the ost on amazon and now that I have a chance to hear them alone and without all the action going on or being super absorbed into the game. Some really awesome tracks!!!

50 minutes to download a 5 gig patch. Forgot how much I love console gaming.

I live in Taiwan with a 60mpbs line...it downloaded in 15 minutes for me.

On a different note entirely, I have no idea why the Kotaku reviewer thought this game was "slow to start". I'm feeling the exact opposite about the first 4-5 chapters.

Game does an incredible job of layering plot and backstory along with giving us some solid character development.

Mifune

Mehmber
I know some folks think the soundtrack is just ok, myself included at first. Though I bought the ost on amazon and now that I have a chance to hear them alone and without all the action going on or being super absorbed into the game. Some really awesome tracks!!!

The score is great. People are being too harsh on Jackman. His more subtle, atmospheric, moody score is exactly what the narrative calls for.

wouwie

Just reached
Nate's house (chapter 4 iirc)
and had to stop for today. I can't wait to continue tomorrow. The game did crash on me once.

I feel it's way too early to make any judgement but while i don't mind a "slow" start at all, i'm not the biggest fan of
sequential chapters jumping around in time so much in such a short time
. However, i have the feeling it will settle down at some point just as it did with previous Uncharted games. And i assume it's setting things up for the big adventure to start.

Introvese

Banned
Anybody that say Sam is lame fuck ur opinion.

I'm only 20 mins in and this dude won me over.

That prison scene. knowing my bro there with me together throwing hands is a bonding experience if I ever saw 1

Ugh. Waited all day for the game to arrive. UPS guy didn't show up by 3PM so I went to the gym. While I'm at the gym I get the delivered email from amazon and arrive home about 30 minutes later. Game isn't on my front porch. Someone stole it. Fuck this shit.

I still feel it's too soft. No oomph, no impact etc and the instrumentation is a pretty standard orchestral affair.

But *early chapter spoilers*
when the old action track kicks in in that one segment, I had chills.

I dunno, maybe they feel this is more mature, sophisticated and artistic but I'm just not feeling it in an action adventure title. Especially as a sendoff for the series. Low blow.

I stand by my comment comparing it to AC3's score.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
By the way, (very early game spoilers) I legit got a lump in my throat
during my time browsing stuff in the attic. Also doing that 'gunfight' with the NERF gun was hilarious.

Shin-chan

The first few chapters really don't set you up for how the game is going to leap in pace at chapter 8. Now it feels like the adventure has begun and the old school Uncharted has revealed itself ... But with all of these really open and unique environments instead of the linear more narrow ones from before.

The combat is just pure fun, I'm glad the stealth system isnt very robust to push you into it.

Only on Chapter 5, but I have to say, as much as I do like this game, I think I vastly prefer the Last of Us.

It's kind of highlighted how off-putting Drake is when he is quipping about random things when he should be showing other emotions, considering the circumstance. I know this is supposed to be an action-movie kind of happy game, but I really love how serious Last of Us was.

I'm going to enjoy this, but it's strange to hear Drake be so happy in some grim scenarios, when ND showed us how well they can do an emotional/serious scenes and dialogue. It was also hard for me to hold my suspension in some scenarios when Drake is getting shot at, or he escapes close scenarios. Again, I can put aside that it's a romp of a game, but man do I miss how Last of Us did things when you were jumping or getting shot at.

I guess both Sam and Drake are a little too snappy for me, and I miss my old rugged Joel. God I love Joel..

Frillen

Fucking great! Just bumped into a collectible glitch. A journal entry in chapter 8 won't register. Fucking awesome work there Naughty Dog. Dampened my excitement quite a bit.

Edit: Lol, it just randomly appeared right now. You're back to being awesome ND.

Arnie7

Banned
Finally got my hands on it. Chapter 1 was okay but Chapter 2 is blowing me away graphically. Wow. Just starring at everything.

eso76

Amazon apologised with 5$ off my next purchase..
Ah, well. Wouldn't have been able to enjoy it today anyway.
Tomorrow it is.

Liamc723

Fucking great! Just bumped into a collectible glitch. A journal entry in chapter 8 won't register. Fucking awesome work there Naughty Dog. Dampened my excitement quite a bit.

Unless you're aggressively tacking the platinum trophy right now, why would that dampen your excitement so much?

received the game sealed and everything, only thing is when I took the game out of the package the disc was not locked in the holder, so it was wiggling around in there, that doesnt mean anything right

No, it just felt out during transit.

Great just making sure, the last thing I want to do is have to send it back, it did come sealed just noticed right away it was already wiggling around in there and once I opened up the game I realized why..cant wait to start playing this game, does it auto save or does it only save at certain points in the game

Elfstruck

Thanks god UPS delivered a bit early. I'm about 30 min in and wow, what an intro by ND. It definitely gave me the chill that I haven't experience in a videogame for a long time.

Amazon needs to get their shit together when it comes to pre-orders.

If they can't offer guarantee release delivery then they should not offer it.

Their problem is they are so against you getting it before launch day they wait to the last possible second to ship, which often times means it misses launch day if any problems arise.

Am on chapter
where you just reach new Devon with all the caged corpses outside

How many chapters left? It feels like it's getting towards a conclusion and I don't want it to end :(

Okay what the FUCK?

How? How is Naughty Dog THIS far ahead of the curve? Everyone is on the same playing field, but they just run circles around everyone else. Gameplay, presentation, everything is just another level in this game. I'm blown away.

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
I love how
Charlie Cutter ended up never betraying anyone
in UC3. I really thought he would but he ended up being an okay guy, just rough around the edges.

Then in Chapter 5
Sam is like "I don't trust Charlie or anyone else on that phone with my life."
I remember thinking that, lol.

Anyways...this game is amazing.

I'm loving the music so far. I think it suits the tone of the game very well.

Liamc723

Am on chapter
where you just reach new Devon with all the caged corpses outside

How many chapters left? It feels like it's getting towards a conclusion and I don't want it to end :(

I think that's chapter
There's
21 chapters and an epilogue.

Man, this is the new graphical standard on console graphics, the IQ, the effects, the lightning, the foliage...what an incredible visual tour de force.

Is seriously mindblowing.

About the game itself....I'll reserve my judgement, for now.

Haha oh god dammit.

Amazon says package was delivered at front door. Contacted Amazon, they say package was confirmed to be delivered.

No package.

Emailed landlord to see if he can grab me some security cam footage.

A Thief's End, indeed.

Haha oh god dammit.

Amazon says package was delivered at front door. Contacted Amazon, they say package was confirmed to be delivered.

No package.

Emailed landlord to see if he can grab me some security cam footage.

A Thief's End, indeed.

Damn what city do you live in? Exact same thing happened to me.

Top Bottom