• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End |OT| You're gonna miss this ass

Duxxy3

Their problem is they are so against you getting it before launch day they wait to the last possible second to ship, which often times means it misses launch day if any problems arise.

As a consumer, I don't give a crap about street dates. If my purchase can't be delivered on or by the promised date, then I'll go somewhere else.

I apologize if I'm shitting up this thread at all. Just started the game a few minutes ago.

Ascenion

I know some folks think the soundtrack is just ok, myself included at first. Though I bought the ost on amazon and now that I have a chance to hear them alone and without all the action going on or being super absorbed into the game. Some really awesome tracks!!!

I listened to it all last night. Even now with context it is very underwhelming. It sounds so very cinematic but run of the mill. If you told me it was a film ost, or excerpts from any Jackman/Zimmer movie I'd believe you. It lacks the Uncharted personality imo, hell it lacks originality period aside from the Nate's Theme cues here and there. It's just generic. There are some standout tracks though. The last 25 seconds of
brother's keeper
give me chills and
new Devon and the twelve towers
get good right around the middle but even then it's so been there, done that. I spoiler tagged track names since I'm not sure how sensitive people are to that but if you have the OST it's nothing you haven't seen.

JTripper

Okay what the FUCK?

How? How is Naughty Dog THIS far ahead of the curve? Everyone is on the same playing field, but they just run circles around everyone else. Gameplay, presentation, everything is just another level in this game. I'm blown away.

This might seem like laughable hyperbole to a lot of people but I agree.

Dawg

I drove off a path in
chapter 10
and something beautiful happened.

CiHd2o4WMAA3ZBm.jpg:large

CiHd3ABXIAEuwC0.jpg:large

CiHd3V-WsAEdmjX.jpg:large

CiHd3suXIAEzBrg.jpg:large

I listened to it all last night. Even now with context it is very underwhelming. It sounds so very cinematic but run of the mill. If you told me it was a film ost, or excerpts from any Jackman/Zimmer movie I'd believe you. It lacks the Uncharted personality imo, hell it lacks originality period aside from the Nate's Theme cues here and there. It's just generic. There are some standout tracks though. The last 25 seconds of
brother's keeper
give me chills and
new Devon and the twelve towers
get good right around the middle but even then it's so been there, done that. I spoiler tagged track names since I'm not sure how sensitive people are to that but if you have the OST it's nothing you haven't seen.

Honestly the same can be said for the other games soundtracks imo. Only certain elements stick out but I've enjoyed them all to an extent.

A quiet suburb in NJ. Never had a problem with deliveries before.

Maybe a shipping problem after all?

I'm in Texas and never had anything disappear from my porch either. Some were even big boxes left all day on the porch. I've never attemped launch date delivery with them before, but this leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

Gurish

Okay what the FUCK?

How? How is Naughty Dog THIS far ahead of the curve? Everyone is on the same playing field, but they just run circles around everyone else. Gameplay, presentation, everything is just another level in this game. I'm blown away.

I don't know man, just a bunch of extremely talented guys, and Bruce and Neil are now at the top of this medium after TLOU & U4 (and U2 in a way, Bruce directed it), those guys can't do a bad game.

Ahhh the painting puzzles. I love Uncharted puzzles so much. Yeah they tend to be on the easy side, especially if you're approching something of a P&C veteran, but that doesn't mean they aren't fun. I get a real kick out of solving these.

Just finished the intro. Remember when I was upset about the title screen not having the main theme?

No, the title screen's fine, don't worry about the title screen.

PtKid

Banned
Stopped playing at beginning of Chapter 10. I've been smiling the whole way through and Chapter 4 was the icing on the cake.

Cant wait to dive in for some more tomorrow.

Naughty Dog are so far ahead of the curve its unreal.

I don't expect any music quite as good as some of my favorite Edmonson pieces, but at least the soundtrack is good; it's actually far better and more prominent here than in his work on Captain America: Civil War. Like I'm actually noticing the music as opposed to wondering where the music is or why it's not at least sticking out to me.

But who knows, maybe the soundtrack will yield something as it goes that I find more memorable. His rendition of the main theme is really great at least.

Made it to the, I got "Mad gas in the car" level. Take a break til next week. Put it in my rotation of MLB 16 The Show, Rachet and Clank, and AlieNation.

Beautitul Game, Just as good as Rachet and Clank.

I don't expect any music quite as good as some of my favorite Edmonson pieces, but at least the soundtrack is good; it's actually far better and more prominent here than in his work on Captain America: Civil War. Like I'm actually noticing the music as opposed to wondering where the music is or why it's not at least sticking out to me.

But who knows, maybe the soundtrack will yield something as it goes that I find more memorable. His rendition of the main theme is really great at least.

Yeah I like the score quite a bit so far.

Anyone else a huge fan of the opening shot? Just the way it
smash cuts right to the windshield wipers on the boat, and you know you're in some action
. So far this has got to be the most cinematic game ever made in that it's not pretending to be cinematic but has so many touches that give it a movie feel.

I'm more of a game design guy though and I don't usually care for "omg so cinematic" as I put gameplay above all else, but the thing here is that the gameplay is also great. The intro was long and pretty much your usual hold down the stick as things happen, but it served its purpose to kickstart the story.

How this went along with the
opening credits was just completely fabulous. Seriously, what amazing opening credits and how they covered the previous games reminded me of Sam Raimi's Spider-man intros
. Just superb.

Yes, I think the theme by itself is not memorable but in context with what happened before it cut to the opening credits makes it damn memorable. There's also a somber tone to this version of the theme we all know that gives the feeling that this really is the wrap up to the series. I dig it.

ReBurn

Gold Member
Won't get mine until Friday now.

I preordered from Amazon in January 2015 and my payment method expired in September 2015. I updated my payment method in August 2015, but they never told me I had to update my old preorders. I didnt know until I was notified today that the payment method needed to be updated.

Sucks.

Tactics18

The screen freezed (for 1 minute) and than the game crashed for me in the middle of episode 7.

Nevertheless this game is amazing so far. Ridiculously well made.

Yes, I think the theme by itself is not memorable but in context with what happened before it cut to the opening credits makes it damn memorable. There's also a somber tone to this theme that gives the feeling that this really is the wrap up to the series. I dig it.

I keep trying to come up with a good analogy to explain how I feel about it so far. It 100% feels like Uncharted, but it doesn't quite go for that fluffy, colorful adventure feel with extravagant, impossible to survive setpieces. But, kinda? There's definitely stuff here where you feel like (intro spoiler)
someone should get hurt, BUT they DO
. So it's a more grounded take, but only ever so slightly. And it feels damn good.

Aha! The previous Uncharted games were like Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, and Uncharted 4 so far is closer to the dirty and gritty adventure feel of Raiders of the Lost Ark. Is that a fair enough analogy? And lol, I am not necessarily comparing them to the quality of Crystal Skull, just in that it's definitely more over the top (like that jungle chase) whereas Uncharted 4's action feels more like the truck chase in Raiders of the Lost Ark.

I'm rambling. Back to the game.

Top Bottom