• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End |OT| You're gonna miss this ass

Seriously I saw many YouTube 1080p video and such but nothing compare to see it on tv. I'm playing on a 65 inch tv 2mrters away. It's the cleanest game ever. And I'm in chapter 10 every new location is totally blowing away the previous one. Can't wait to see more. Insanity

Yeah, I don't get it.

I downloaded the high quality Gamersyde footage and watched it on my TV, which I thought would be like 99% accurate to the appearance. But it looks even better

Had my copy from Amazon surprise drop. I must have had it on release day shipping due to getting it cheap when it, KH3, and a few other titles had a price drop.

Under the weather though and avoiding my apartment to keep my infant nephew from catching, so the game will have to wait.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Just beat the intro and so far so good. Had a weird glitch where the guy disappeared that I had to fight.

Just a few random things.

Game looks as great as expected and makes me wish I had a much nicer TV to make the most of it. My model is nearly 10 years old and it shows. Still the game looks fantastic as much from the incredible graphics down to all the little touches like paper objects bending and deforming while you move them around while inspecting to the little facial and body ticks I noticed.

The intro was really good at covering a lot of ground though I admit to being a bit confused as to the order if things going on but it made sense soon enough and I enjoyed that it also worked as a tutorial. Not as outright dramatic and tense a start as TLoU but so dammed good.

I love the new climbing system and the fact the climbing sections already look like they will be little puzzles in of themselves as you try to figure out how to get to your destination. Also low how you in control of your movement and direction, really nice after the more on the rails nature of older UC games.

And now I'm
scuba diving
, back to the game!

Tb0ne07

Amazon delivered as promised, was there waiting when i got home from work. Booted it up and downloaded the updated, played about 30 seconds and then had to stop, got to get the kids in bed...hah.

crazyprac

Yo don't know if this right place to post this but

I miss anything if I don't best Elena's high score except different scene?

Only with the power of the PS4 can they track treasures properly. Now if you miss one it still appears questioned marked out on the list. Truly this is next-gen gaming.

leng jai

I think the most staggering part of the visuals is how they've been able to maintain frame rate and pristine IQ while producing without doubt the best looking game on PS4. I mean if the game had spotty FPS and jaggies everywhere you wouldn't even complain given how much detail there is going on in every screen.

taoofjord

Without giving me spoilers, such as how many chapters are in the game, can someone tell me if I have a lot of content left or not? I just go to chapter
. Thanks!

I think the most staggering part of the visuals is how they've been able to maintain frame rate and pristine IQ while producing without doubt the best looking game on PS4. I mean if the game had spotty FPS and jaggies everywhere you wouldn't even complain given how much detail there is going on in every screen.

I know there's people who will never accept 30fps, but in this case I'm glad they gave up on 60.

I'm imagining the corners they'd have to cut to get there, and I think it would really compromise the visual experience, which is definitely a big part of this game.

BFIB

This is graphically the best game I've ever played. I cannot imagine what TLOU 2 is going to look like.

jett

D-Member

They've been smart. From what I've seen the scenery doesn't seem to have a lot of polygonal complexity, and LOD seems aggressive on far away areas.

Oh, and the stealth play in this is fucking top notch.

I've been breezing through certain areas with ease, marking and ducking and taking dudes out without problem.

When I do mess up, the transition to action and even back to stealth is great and feels natural.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I kinda feel upset that I finished the game by playing non-stop for around 16 hours. Should have taken it slow and played it on the crushing difficulty. Oh well, second playthrough time after I come home from work.

gadwn

Pausing for a while at chapter 5. What an ride so far. The co-op takedowns is bloody awesome. Chapter 4 with all that nostalgia, I was smiling like an idiot during that scene. Naughty Dog is so far and above everyone else with creating believable and lifelike characters that it's not even fair to compare it to any other game.

Just outstanding intro so far. I'm taking my sweet ass time with every chapter, forcing myself to not go into photo mode every step. I rarely succeed.

SRTtoZ

The graphics are very The Order 1886-ish (in a good way obv) but ND also has the gameplay and story to match in every single aspect. Fucking brilliant game so far.

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
The graphics are very The Order 1886-ish (in a good way obv) but ND also has the gameplay and story to match in every single aspect. Fucking brilliant game so far.

And the rendering resolution is significantly higher than The Order 1886. There was a lot of FUD and claims on here at the time that black bars are hard, but really that game had to render fewer pixels than a 1920x1080 game like Uncharted 4 which made things easier. To think that Uncharted 4 would look even better at full res... In a more fantasy and cartoony way the exact same thing is done by the Ratchet & Clank reboot. Really impressed with how the exclusives are looking now, it's like half a gen apart.

SRTtoZ

And the rendering resolution is significantly higher than The Order 1886. There was a lot of FUD and claims on here that black bars are hard, but really that game had to render fewer pixels than a 1920x1080 game like Uncharted 4 which made things easier. To think that Uncharted 4 would look even better... In a more fantasy and cartoony way the exact same thing is done by the Ratchet & Clank reboot. Really impressed with how the exclusives are looking now, it's like half a gen apart.

Yep, I actually meant to put that in my comment. A full 1080p instead of those awful black bars. I just got done playing UC3 Remastered and I was in awe at the desert scene, then I turn this on and am blown away even more than I ever thought. Super impressed.

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
I have the disc next to me and I am heading home in 30 min. How long does the initial install take?

Already been answered, multiplayer takes extra time (and requires the patch as it can't all fit on the disc).

But I wanted to add that there's a 5 GB patch for multiplayer and some bug fixes if you want to wait. Well, technically 2 patches.

Wakka212

Does this game support multiple saves on one account?

A cousin of mine wants his own save on my account (currently doing the whole secondary v primary thing with my brothers ps4 to duplicate digital purchases) but we don't want to overwrite each other's saves.

gdt

Did 10.5 hours today. I'm just stunned by this game. The locations and stealth/gunplay in them are intese. So many options and places to hide and attack from. So good!

And done.....wow. I can't believe it's over; the end of Uncharted. What a send off. This is a masterpiece. Naughty Dog is the best in the business right now.

This game

This game

THIS GAME

OMFG

This is literally unbelievable. This is all one could ever possibly want from an action game.

How is this even possible?

OMG THIS GAME!

Even the partner AI.... omg the partner AI.

HOW!?

chunk3rvd

2 out of my first 3 multiplayer chests contained Tenzin and Eddie Raja. The next 100 chests could just contain hats and taunts and I'd still be happy. Tenzin is the man!

Top Bottom