• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End |OT| You're gonna miss this ass

I frequently reguard The Last of Us as my all-time favorite game, I'm at about chapter 10 right now and Uncharted 4 is the best game I think that I have ever played--no hyperbole. I legitimately teared up during Chapter 4.

I felt that a little bit just before the opening credits.

BraXzy

Just called it a night for now at the start of Chapter 8. Absolutely loving it. Some folks complain about the slower start but I think it's perfect for what it does. Incredible visuals and some great moments already. Cannot WAIT to keep playing tomorrow!

k4n3

Banned
so far much better movie then video game, its extremely repetitive the gun play and stealth mechanic are awful makes me wish i was playing MGS5 and the jokes you can see coming from a mile away.... but still enjoying enough just no GOTY

Allforce

Is there a way to turn off ALL the "L3" prompts that show up during gameplay that basically spell out the solutions to puzzles? I turned off "Game Hints" in the Options but it still seems to show me where I should be looking if I even spend 2-3 minutes trying to look around.

Trago

Sweet mercy, the videos do not do this game justice. It looks amazing in person!

...Best looking console game to date? I'm thinking so.

KiraXD

im getting kinda flustered.

Im having a hard time getting used to the shooting... why does it feel so weird? what settings are people using? lock-on? aim assist 1-10? aim sensitivity? i feel like its waaaaaaaay different feeling than U3 which was great... it had a slight aim-assist to the head or chest... but thats it... but i dont know what im doing wrong... you guys are saying its the best yet... :(

Im having a hard time getting used to the shooting... why does it feel so weird? what settings are people using? lock-on? aim assist 1-10? aim sensitivity?

Yeah, I'm using lock-on. I turned it off for the headshot trophy, but that's it.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
I know I'm only in just a bit after working all day and have to go to bed now for work tomorrow but I am floored by the graphics and like the slow story pace in the beginning. View after view and every bit so far is... Holy sh*t!!! Must, not screen capture.. Must resist!

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
I kind of wish I could just run past anything that is combat related. At chapter 8 and all the gunfights and fist fights have been.... not great. That never has been UCs strong point though, looks like they realized that because there is a whole hell of a lot more climbing and talking in this game so far. I just thought that it would at least be comparable to The Last of Us and, well, it isn't lol

k4n3

Banned

Im having a hard time getting used to the shooting... why does it feel so weird? what settings are people using? lock-on? aim assist 1-10? aim sensitivity? i feel like its waaaaaaaay different feeling than U3 which was great... it had a slight aim-assist to the head or chest... but thats it... but i dont know what im doing wrong... you guys are saying its the best yet... :(

yeah i was having a tuff time myself and the targets all being huge bullet sponge doesn't help ether i just turned on the aim assist now its to easy lmao

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Finally back home from picking up my bundle. I couldn't pass on home cooking.
Here's the pictures of the LE console.

pkBAuz1.jpg

8n6iMuy.jpg

TDxD6TZ.jpg

KpNy5Pl.jpg

ehESUCl.jpg

nYsqFwF.jpg

6goLJGC.jpg

yjaVlo2.jpg

~Kinggi~

Banned
Man this really is great. I care about everyone and i already can tell im gonna finish it, and i barely finish games. Ch4 is such a great callback too. Damn

I kind of wish I could just run past anything that is combat related. At chapter 8 and all the gunfights and fist fights have been.... not great. That never has been UCs strong point though, looks like they realized that because there is a whole hell of a lot more climbing and talking in this game so far. I just thought that it would at least be comparable to The Last of Us and, well, it isn't lol

I just came off of TLOU, and the combat in this just seems like a overly stylize version of that. With all the crazy impossible jumps, and Bs stealth which is ok in this franchise. Overall combat seems to just feel like it has a lot more weight to it.

Can't remember the chapter (somewhere around 6-8), but in
......Scotland.....
when you're
looking for the grave with specific things
, Nate has one of my favorite little quips:

......"Bad dates"......

Well, was in chapter 2 and just had the game freak out on me, Drake phased through a wall and made me get stuck in an area I wasn't supposed to be in - so I tried to reload the checkpoint and the game froze on the loading screen. Not a great start.... :(

You know...I wasn't super into the beginning, but after trying to write this post, I realize that the beginning is so good.

I'm on Chapter
and my god. This is the greatest Uncharted Level so far and by far the best level I've ever played in a game. Not only are the graphics great but it IS Uncharted. The genuine and hilarious conversations, and the graphics...WHEW.

I really like the puzzles so far, and sweet fuck are the graphics actually outstanding. Probably the cleanest and most visually appealing game I've played.

Chapter 3 and 4 are actually amazing as well. LOVED them.

I've played 4 and a half hours and just got to the (Chapter
)
part where you find Nadine's Soldiers for the first time in Madagascar
how much longer do I have to go? I don't feel I'm rushing but then again I see people saying they're taking like 18 hours for this game.

FHIZ

God damn it, I loved the scene in the beginning with Nate and Elena in their home. The animation and character models in this game are insane.

That said, I have such an overwhelming sense of dread playing this game having gone through The Last of Us, and the tone that was set in the prologue and after Sam comes back.

God damn it, I loved the scene in the beginning with Nate and Elena in their home. The animation and character models in this game are insane.

That said, I have such an overwhelming sense of dread playing this game having gone through The Last of Us, and the tone that was set in the prologue and after Sam comes back.

The crash bandicoot part was brilliant

KiraXD

yeah i was having a tuff time myself and the targets all being huge bullet sponge doesn't help ether i just turned on the aim assist now its to easy lmao

wait... aim assist or lock-on? or is the aim-assist slider FOR the lock on?

Top Bottom