• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End |OT| You're gonna miss this ass

Man the guns feel so good to shoot. This game is just damn fun to play. Didn't they say that their is going to be a coop patch later? That is gonna be so good.

I got through he tutorial and opening story which lead to the very cinematic intro. Had to stop right as the main game starts.

Observations:

-The story telling is very cinematic and engaging thus far
-best looking game on consoles at the moment, even better than the order (but not by much) IMO.
-controls feel better than previous uncharted titles
-smoothest 30 fps game ever. this coming from a predominantly PC gamer who games on a high end rig
-

So I allocated several hours of valuable spare time to play this game, after playing MP and some SP last night.

Came to PS4 un-sleep and there was a message: The data for this application is corrupted, please delete from library and re-download. Played it anyway and spent 10 minutes in MP then it quit me out with same message.
Tried everything but now the message is immediate.

Deleted the*54 fucking gigabytes* and started to download again.
that's me done for the day.
I hate this. all-digital crap, when the internet isn't a gigabit yet.

Krakin

The game is off to a great start. The pacing felt sluggish at first but it allowed for awesome character building.
that walk down memory lane in the attic almost made me tear up...Tenzin!

TheFatMan

UPS showed up while I was taking a shower and left me the dreaded "Sorry we missed you note"......

Not cool. I'm gonna go cry into my pillows.

So I'm still up to chapter 10 and won't be able to play for a while because of work, but I can't stop thinking about the game!

This is truly one of the best games of all time. It's as simple as that. It's making me feel pure joy just like the first time I played Uncharted 2. Take a bow Naughty Dog!

If I move another box to jump to a higher place I might scream.
Get ready to scream then.

Definitely one of my criticisms about this game. You have these amazing, enormous environments and time and time again this random box with wheels is needed to get to a higher spot. It sticks out like a sore thumb every time it is used.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Masterpiece is an understatement for this work of art. If any other near-perfect, exceptional game was like going to a museum to admire a van Gogh or a da Vinci, this game is like going back in time, sitting on van Gogh's couch in his home while watching him paint one of his masterpieces in real time.

Zemm

Finally finished it. Would probably give it an 8/10.

The game is heavily influenced by TLoU, that's undeniable, and sometimes for the better and sometimes for the worse. It's by far the best playing Uncharted game but I had more fun with UC2. This game felt like they went too far in the exploration department, where UC2 had a good balance of exploration/platforming and combat, this does not.

Now to try some multiplayer!

leng jai

Masterpiece is an understatement for this work of art. If any other near-perfect, exceptional game was like going to a museum to admire a van Gogh or a da Vinci, this game is like going back in time, sitting on van Gogh's couch in his home while watching him paint one of his masterpieces in real time.

It's like how how many times you needed to boost each other up in UC2.

Skux

ND does a great job of making you actually care about its characters. I'm at chapter 8 and it's amazing what a few well written scenes can do for a game. You can definitely feel the TLOU influence in its pacing.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Reading the impressions on here reminds me so much of when TLOU came out and it was just a collective love fest

I seem to remember the initial few hours of tlou being rough. People were having the autosave glitch and some people couldn't quite grasp the gameplay at first.

Vitor711

-smoothest 30 fps game ever. this coming from a predominantly PC gamer who games on a high end rig

Same - I game at 1440p on a 980. Just came from playing Overwatch at 144hz and was worried that the transition would be rough. Turns out I was wrong - game feels fine. Much smoother than Quantum Break on Xbone or even R&C on PS4.

The character models are the best I've ever seen but the environments/lighting don't always top the best on PC. Still a stunning game, just not quite the graphical showpiece in every area that I was led to believe. Still amazed at the size of the levels and love the way they almost all loop back on themselves to show you where you started.

Melee combat is worse than 3 though and seems like a step back, even if they fixed the grapple/cover confusion. No dedicated dodge button makes the fights feel sloppy.

MrS

Banned
Just got to chapter 6. The graphics, voice acting and dialogue have all been incredible so far. Like, the best I've ever seen on a console. Bravo, ND.

Is this Troy's best work yet? It's gotta be up there now.
Joel is the GOAT but I really hope he gets the recognition he deserves for Sam because it's a more low key role/change. He embodies him so well it's really easy to forget the guy behind the performance.

I'd argue this cast gives the best collective performance of any game I've ever played. The animation helps a ton. ND avoided the uncanny valley and give their character so much more with how much work they've done with the eyes/brows. Some of the looks between Elena and Nate in this are incredible.

vaderise

Just played Chapter 5 and stopped playing because i want to take my time.I don't want this game to end.It's so DAMN good.
The prison break level.OMG.OMG.I think playing the first action heavy level proves that this game has the best shooting mechanics i've seen in any video game.

Joel is the GOAT but I really hope he gets the recognition he deserves for Sam because it's a more low key role/change. He embodies him so well it's really easy to forget the guy behind the performance.

I'd argue this cast gives the best collective performance of any game I've ever played. The animation helps a ton. ND avoided the uncanny valley and give their character so much more with how much work they've done with the eyes/brows. Some of the looks between Elena and Nate in this are incredible.
You're right about the animations. The facial motions really just help the acting so much. This is just amazing to watch.

I frequently reguard The Last of Us as my all-time favorite game, I'm at about chapter 10 right now and Uncharted 4 is the best game I think that I have ever played--no hyperbole. I legitimately teared up during Chapter 4.

Top Bottom