• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End |OT| You're gonna miss this ass

God damn it, I loved the scene in the beginning with Nate and Elena in their home. The animation and character models in this game are insane.

That said, I have such an overwhelming sense of dread playing this game having gone through The Last of Us, and the tone that was set in the prologue and after Sam comes back.

Yeah but what about Chloe, she's in this joint? Would cheat my ass off 24/7 for dat ass.

Question for new page:

I've played 4 and a half hours and just got to the (Chapter
)
part where you find Nadine's Soldiers for the first time in Madagascar
how much longer do I have to go? I don't feel I'm rushing but then again I see people saying they're taking like 18 hours for this game.

Question for new page:

)
how much longer do I have to go? I don't feel I'm rushing but then again I see people saying they're taking like 18 hours for this game.

I'd say your at the 1/3rd mark.

Gray Matter

You know, Arne hyped up the intro too much. It was disappointing for me. TLoU had a way better opening imo.

Also, the short amount I've played (just got to
Scotland
) I think ND should have left Sam as a surprise.

VinFTW

Only on Ch 5. Very slow, but already fucking incredible.

Will most likely end up being my GOTY, I can feel it.

Does anybody know when/where you can get the OST?

I'd say your at the 1/3rd mark.

Hm. So I'll probably end with a 12 to 15 hour time count. Not bad at all. Great stuff right here.

If I've only seen the story trailer and the E3 previews are there a whole bunch of location surprises and set piece surprises? Yes or no is A+.

Also! The OST is great!

Vroadstar

Wow played initially for 2 hours but this game's graphics is sooooo good I'm having an addiction to the share button. Gameplay is spot on too and and really looking forward to the story.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Quitting for the night at Ch6. Game is the legit greatness. Reminds me of that rare feeling i used to always get when playing games as a kid, where everything was great.

The Lamp

Same - I game at 1440p on a 980. Just came from playing Overwatch at 144hz and was worried that the transition would be rough. Turns out I was wrong - game feels fine. Much smoother than Quantum Break on Xbone or even R&C on PS4.

The character models are the best I've ever seen but the environments/lighting don't always top the best on PC. Still a stunning game, just not quite the graphical showpiece in every area that I was led to believe. Still amazed at the size of the levels and love the way they almost all loop back on themselves to show you where you started.

Melee combat is worse than 3 though and seems like a step back, even if they fixed the grapple/cover confusion. No dedicated dodge button makes the fights feel sloppy.

Dodging/countering hits is done with Triangle

Hm. So I'll probably end with a 12 to 15 hour time count. Not bad at all. Great stuff right here.

If I've only seen the story trailer and the E3 previews are there a whole bunch of location surprises and set piece surprises? Yes or no is A+.

Also! The OST is great!

Yes. Won't elaborate on it too much as it might be a spoilery answer, but I think you'll continue to enjoy a ton of variety.

Question for new page:

)
I finished it in 20 hrs 45mins. I took my time, looked for treasures, and still only found 51 treasures.

One of my most favorite moments in any game.

For those who have beaten the game, as I forget which chapter later on in the game it takes place:

The quiet jeep ride with Elena after the elevator and the music kicks in...

Fucking brilliance.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
The patch is done!

LeftSickEmperorshrimp.gif

Just starting. Ridiculous production values though it's been more fun to watch than to play so far. TLOU did a better job with balancing story and establishing core gameplay early on.

Still early and I am enjoying it but I hope the gameplay spices up!

The Lamp

For those who have beaten the game, as I forget which chapter later on in the game it takes place:

Quiet Jeep ride with Elena after the elevator and the music kicks in.

Fucking brilliance.

Yes this was beauty.

Except I fucked it up by
the stupid damn open level design luring me into exploring other paths that had NOTHING and then my jeep getting stuck and the music stopping and the moment getting ruined. Honestly, fuck this open level design shit sometimes. Why would you include it in a clearly scripted, emotional, cinematic moment?

zsynqx

The quiet jeep ride with Elena after the elevator and the music kicks in...

Fucking brilliance.

My favourite chapter.

pantsmith

Pausing the game to say oh man, I really cant believe how good this game is.

The whole nostalgia section in Drakes house is basically a victory lap for Naughty Dog. Kudos, yo.

Dubz

Why does this game look so good? Any graphics officionados care to explain the magic that is happening on my TV? I'm seriously interested in knowing why this game looks so sweet.

The Lamp

Why does this game look so good? Any graphics officionados care to explain the magic that is happening on my TV? I'm seriously interested in knowing why this game looks so sweet.

When talented programmers get together in R&D and come up with efficient algorithms and then keep it a company secret because it boosts the value of their IPs, you get this.

The Lamp

He was never orphaned in Colombia. Uncharted 3 very specifically mentioned that he was orphaned at St Francis Boys Home, which was not in Colombia.

The "plot hole" is how Nate got to Colombia.

Yes but as you pointed out, I'm confused anyway because of the hole lol.

Seeing Nathan in chapter 4
full of repressed thirst, nostalgia and longing for the thrill of treasure to the extent he gets a kick out of role-playing a shootout with a toy gun
really hit me quite hard.

hamchan

Finished the game in 13 hours. I think this is my favourite Uncharted game. It's up there anyways. I have the same feeling I did when I played 2.

First up the story. This is the best constructed story in the series so far. The slower burn at the start really helps with that. I don't know how it'll how up on second playthroughs but y'know, I don't judge a story on that anyways. It really nails the personal moments so much better than 3 did. The villains are actually properly developed too, something which every Uncharted game before this failed to do.

The balance between platforming and gunplay this time actually felt much more weighted towards platforming, which I prefer after having spent so many games just murdering swathes of enemies.

That isn't to say what gunplay there is isn't good. Oh no, the battles are great. I love that there is an increased focused on stealth in the midgame, and that enemies can actually lose track of you again unlike the previous games. I can also see this game becoming incredibly hard on crushing mode as some of those battles near the end are unable to be stealthed, which I'm dreading/looking forward to doing again.

Also this is up there with best looking games ever made. I can't believe how Naughty Dog pulled this off on a PS4 of all things. I'm sure other devs would love to see how it works too because it seems like wizardry.

G-Bus

Banned
I can play chapter 4 for all eternity!!!
DAT CRASH BANDICOOT

Funny, when that booted up and I realised what was going on I kept thinking fuck wouldn't that be sweet if I could play it....

So damn good.

This game. Loving it.

Had to put it down to make dinner but I'm gonna be up late tonight. Work is going to suck in the morning.

Just hit chapter 9.

Top Bottom