• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End |OT| You're gonna miss this ass

Here is some pics of the collectors edition, as well as the CE book/coin.

rwr8t4Kh.jpg

TfkmRTnh.jpg

WXDkMq7h.jpg

KyYLYhnh.jpg

ElqQB0Ph.jpg

EkhXFNjh.jpg

xz5E5Lch.jpg

NWvqpsWh.jpg

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Haha the immersion problem from TLOU strikes again

Sam straight up ran in front of somebody while I was stealthing and the merc straight up did not give a shit.

Well it's been an incredible 4 hours with my boy Nate Drake, but I'm goin on a trip for 6 days so I have to say bye for now. Played a good bit into chapter
. The location is amazing, and the platforming design here reminds me a bit of the ice caves in Uncharted 2 which is a big plus in my books.

Idk how the beginning of the game is gonna hold up on replays but it was amazing first time through. The story thus far is the best they've ever done. I love all the new characters too. Rafe and Nadine are shaping up to be great villains.

BahamutPT

There's something really annoying in Photo Mode... Film Grain 0% still shows Film Grain. I have to bump it to 2/3% to actually REMOVE it all.
Was it like this in the Collection too? Can't recall.

This game is like, really good. The 5 Gig install sort of had me frustrated as it was such a long DL, but outside of that, I've had a blast playing through the SP so far. I'm definitely liking this more than I thought I would considering how down I was on the series after U3

Bless ND for getting this back on track

Just started chapter 9 and my biggest, or only gripe right now is the music, which there isn't much of and what is there is so mediocre. Hope it picks up but damn do I wish Edmonson was still around for this one.

Well it's been an incredible 4 hours with my boy Nate Drake, but I'm goin on a trip for 6 days so I have to say bye for now. Played a good bit into chapter
. The location is amazing, and the platforming design here reminds me a bit of the ice caves in Uncharted 2 which is a big plus in my books.

Idk how the beginning of the game is gonna hold up on replays but it was amazing first time through. The story thus far is the best they've ever done. I love all the new characters too.
Rafe and Nadine
are shaping up to be great villains.

You spoiler tagged the chapter number but not the villain names!? WTH? There...i've done it for you.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Just finished chapter 6.

God damn, so much jumping. I am already bored.

I really hope the story picks up.

Music is alright, expected a lot better.

Acting and dialogues top notch. Graphics are insane.

I am already hooked to the story, really want to know what will happen next, same feeling as Uncharted 2. So thats good.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Has anyone noticed how little nate and sam's outifits are kind of reversed? With nate wearing a jean jacket and sam wearing nate's u1 long sleeve shirt.

robot

Just saved at Chapter 6 for the night - has been incredible so far but can tell it's about to get even more incredible...er. Its been said before but Sam's motion capture is insane - probably the best I've seen in a videogame. Nathan's is equally impressive.

psychotron

Started tonight and though some sections are slower than I'd like in the beginning , it's fantastic. The story, characters and graphics are out of this world.

Had only one glitch so far. During a cutscene it switched between the view of a building, and Nate and Sam. When going back to Nate and Sam, textures were popping in a good amount.

leng jai

Still rolling my eyes at some of the platforming feats Drake is capable of and how contrived a lot of it is. Classic Uncharted I guess. The sliding mechanic in particular makes no sense half the time.

Henry Jackman did a great job. I don't know how he bombed the Captain America: Civil War soundtrack when he showed he can make a great soundtrack in Uncharted 4.

Hell he already proved he can do a great Captain America soundtrack with the Winter Soldier. Not sure what happened with Civil War.

farisr

Just started a few hours ago. First of all, man the quality in gameplay just shows when it's from a studio like naughty dog. There was a certain other game that I played recently that I won't name and lets just say it gave me new appreciation for just how well the platforming/movement works in uncharted. And it especially feels really good and responsive in this game. (and I'm sure the assassins creed games probably have even better climbing but I just haven't played any of the recent ones)

Also for Chapter 5

Did anyone else play through the
jailbreak without shooting a gun/killing anyone? I melee'd a few guards here and there but didn't actually fire a shot. I was kind of thinking of "no russian" when it started. Was sort of surprised that there was no trophy for that.

Dodging/countering hits is done with Triangle

It is?

I know I have to mash triangle to get out of their holds and the like, but am I able to actually counter / dodge / block hits too? Seems like outside of rolling around with circle I am unable to avoid / negate the hits. I was hoping there was a counter / block, I swore there was in previous Uncharted games.

cackhyena

Still rolling my eyes at some of the platforming feats Drake is capable of and how contrived a lot of it is. Classic Uncharted I guess. The sliding mechanic in particular makes no sense half the time.
Yeah that's the only unbelievable part I can never wrap my head around with these games...

Sydle

Only 4 chapters in. I don't like the cut scenes at all.

Good thing it's a looker.

EDIT: 6 chapters in. Skipping the cut scenes now. They need an editor. Holy fuck.

G-Bus

Banned
Find myself stealthing through sections a lot more compared to previous uncharted games.

Playing on moderate and getting spanked already.

Just finished chapter 6.

God damn, so much jumping. I am already bored.

I really hope the story picks up.

Music is alright, expected a lot better.

Acting and dialogues top notch. Graphics are insane.

I am already hooked to the story, really want to know what will happen next, same feeling as Uncharted 2. So thats good.

Don't worry man it will pick up combat wise very soon and the story picks up as well

i'm getting a bit tired of the "slide then at the bottom rope" thing. It was cool at first but seems kinda silly now.

and what's with the constant "i'll try to find a way for you to get up" lines from other characters?
HELLO? i have a rope!!

The Lamp

I'm doing my second playthrough. Trying to wipe the first playthrough out of my mind. I think I like it a lot better this time. I'm forcing myself to not give a shit about treasure so that I can just enjoy the story and the fluid pacing linearly through each open level. Hopefully that makes the open sections feel less boring and tedious to me since I know where to go.

Prompto

Banned
Also for Chapter 5

Did anyone else play through the
jailbreak without shooting a gun/killing anyone? I melee'd a few guards here and there but didn't actually fire a shot. I was kind of thinking of "no russian" when it started. Was sort of surprised that there was no trophy for that.
I did as well. For sure thought there would be a trophy or something but I guess they wanted to show that
Sam was more morally flexible than Drake.

Haha the immersion problem from TLOU strikes again

Sam straight up ran in front of somebody while I was stealthing and the merc straight up did not give a shit.

It's better that way than having your AI partner constantly giving away your location. If that was the case the amount of complaints would triple in regards to your partner.

MMarston

What are you talking about? I just stopped at the beginning of Chapter 6. The only villain I know is
the druglord.

Have you not been watching trailers?

(Genuinely impressed if you haven't)

It's better that way than having your AI partner constantly giving away your location. If that was the case the amount of complaints would triple in regards to your partner.
That's true.

I mean, my problem is more of a pathfinding problem than an AI one really.

I had the choice between playing and beating the game today and tomorrow or waiting a month before getting the chance to play again.. I just spent like 7 hours straight glued to the game :D I typically struggle to do 2 hours in one sitting before getting tired/bored. It's a real testament to the quality and pacing.

Only problem so far I wish there would be more "big" moments and that the quips seem to be less funny than in the previous games.

MMarston

Damn, they dropped a really obscure Uncharted 1 joke reference just now while bantering in Madagascar.

Would've never realized it had I not recently replayed the previous games.

Gandalf

Managed to get the game early, and just finished it.

For me, Naughty Dogs best game. The story is gripping, and only gets better and better. It was my most anticipated of 2016, and fuck me it delivered.

If you're reading this thread Neil & Co... Thank you.

It's a 10.

Onto the MP!

^^^ Oh it certainly does OrbitalBeard

Top Bottom