• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End |OT| You're gonna miss this ass

daveo42

Banned
Hmmm, maybe so. It's weird, I just can't nail in a shot where I want, but MP feels so good. :(

I get the same thing really. It works, but I'm tending to stick to the stealth approach over a more gunplay approach. Now I'm curious how it all feels in MP.

Sounded more posh British to me to be honest.
Marlowe from UC3 sounded a hell of a lot more British.

IMO, Nadine's accent sounded quite South African though admittedly I'm not as knowledgeable regarding African accents.

Btw everyone, you can press Square while holding down L2 to switch to your sidearm.

Am I just being silly or have they removed the option to switch shoulders for aiming?

You're one of those gamers eh? The kind that hates experimenting with button pushes to see what the output is.

My friend and I were playing The Division on PC and about 50 hours in he says to me, "I can't believe they (massive) didn't include a switch shoulders option." I told him to press shift or L3 on a game pad. His mind was blown that there were different buttons outside of shoot and throw grenades. ;)

The Lamp

#TeamWhyNotBoth? :p
Played through the first 7 chapters yesterday and I'm loving everything about this game so far. The graphics are ridiculous, the story is great and the acting is phenomenal.
One thing does bother me, though. Story spoiler up to chapter 4 or 5 I think?

Why does Nate lie to Elena about the trip? I know he promised her to stop with the treasure hunter lifestyle but his brother's life is on the line. I'm sure she'd understand. I would have liked him to acknowledge that and at least justify his lie by saying she would insist on coming with them but he doesn't want to put her in harm's way.

Keep playing

ToiJu

Chapter 10 spoilers!

1 - Love the attention to detail,
except for the fact that he has wi-fi on in a cave.

2 -
Ha, good ol' Guybrush. His sigil is a monkey.

What an awesome game.

Chapter 10 spoilers!

1 - Love the attention to detail,
except for the fact that he has wi-fi on in a cave.

2 -
Ha, good ol' Guybrush. His sigil is a monkey.

What an awesome game.

I was like
"nahhh, that can't possibly be Guybrush Threepwood!". Then I saw the sigil.

Naughty Gods indeed.

Was getting some Powerade at Stop N Shop and decided to check the Redbox on the way out. Sure enough, Uncharted 4 was staring right at me. Currently downloading the patch! Can't beat $3/day. Thanks based Redbox

What year does this game take place in? Is it
1996? Is that why you play Crash Bandicoot?

I believe it's modern day or close to it.
Hence why everyone has smartphones that look a lot like the new Sony Z5.
And how they had a huge-ass Flatscreen TV.

And that
Crash Bandicoot was just a very fun easter egg. Elena knows what's up.

Will open world games ever look this good?
I was playing last night and couldnt help but imagine what a GTA style game would be like with U4 level graphics.
I wonder how close Red Dead will get.

score01

Marlowe from UC3 sounded a hell of a lot more British.

IMO, Nadine's accent sounded quite South African though admittedly I'm not as knowledgeable regarding African accents.

Btw everyone, you can press Square while holding down L2 to switch to your sidearm.

I'm getting the South African vibe as well.

The Lamp

Just got up to chapter 8.

Fuck that is some nice grass.

I'm glad they mixed up the pacing, tone and the structure a bit with this entry. I don't think I would've been too happy with uncharted 2-3, not after MGS V. The shooting still isn't amazing, nor the stealth, and certainly not the traversal but all three workin in tangent, combined with the more open level design really made chapter 7 a lot of fun. I hope there's more parts like that coming up.

And lol why does drake have a flip phone.

Is he in a third world country? He probably bought a cheap phone and used a SIM card.

DLaicH

This game was a lot of fun to play with my girlfriend last night. I handed her the controller during the part where you sit on the couch (minor, relatively early spoiler)
and play Crash Bandicoot with Elena. Sometimes my girlfriend would even make a comment about something in Crash Bandicoot, only to have Nate basically say the same thing a second later. And I kept quiet during most of that segment because Elena pretty much had it covered.
Now that's what I call immersion!

Maybe I'll have to actually get a copy of Crash Bandicoot for her to play.

Dave_6

My God, this game. Played barely over three hours last night and just started chapter 8. Still in disbelief this morning at how this game looks, it's incredible. I had to stop more than once in each chapter and just take it all in!

This game was a lot of fun to play with my girlfriend last night. I handed her the controller during the part where you sit on the couch (minor, relatively early spoiler)
and play Crash Bandicoot with Elena. Sometimes my girlfriend would even make a comment about something in Crash Bandicoot, only to have Nate basically say the same thing a second later. And I kept quiet during most of that segment because Elena pretty much had it covered.
Now that's what I call immersion!

Maybe I'll have to actually get a copy of Crash Bandicoot for her to play.
The writing in this game man. So good. That scene in particular were some of the most realistic conversations I've ever seen in games.

I haven't even played my copy yet, you know having a baby and all that... Reading these amazing impressions make me crazy. My friends text me telling me how the game is good and i'm like, stop guys i can't take it anymore !

I want to play the game the right way, headphones in at night while everyone is sleeping.

Diablos

I believe it's modern day or close to it.
Hence why everyone has smartphones that look a lot like the new Sony Z5.
And how they had a huge-ass Flatscreen TV.

And that
Crash Bandicoot was just a very fun easter egg. Elena knows what's up.
Damn you're right. I should have figured by seeing the TV alone. DERP.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Anybody going through the first time on crushing?

I am, it's pretty much a wash so far as i am up to chapter 6 and the game barely feels like it's begun yet. The few gunfights have been a breeze, so until things ramp up its hard to get a sense of how it fares.

I wish we had some sort of multiplayer discussion going but I feel that everything gets swamped by story stuff right now.

Anyone up for playing some? Multiplayer that is. Add me, Chronospherics.

Arun1910

I am, it's pretty much a wash so far as i am up to chapter 6 and the game barely feels like it's begun yet. The few gunfights have been a breeze, so until things ramp up its hard to get a sense of how it fares.

You're fucked :D

Honestly, Chapter 6 nothing happens. You just wait... you just wait...

-Amon-

About hand to hand combat, i find it really strange there is no parry mechanics. You have to roll away or take the hits. Make fists fght completely broken no ?

I'm i missing something ?

maverick40

My God, this game. Played barely over three hours last night and just started chapter 8. Still in disbelief this morning at how this game looks, it's incredible. I had to stop more than once in each chapter and just take it all in!

Chapter 9 is where my jaw hit the floor

Blastoise

Banned
I'm having a fucking blast!

Everything about this game is on point. I'm nearing end game stuff now. A few more chapters to go.

The story is excellent so far.

ebil

Eh, I'm running into issues in the late game where the textures are taking a while to fully load (or don't load at all) and I'm left with the low res ones. Was wondering why the game looked bad all of a sudden, lol.

Edit: wow, it's actually a full level, hopefully restarting the game works.

Edit2: restarting didn't work, I'm left with a game looking terrible.

I also had (late game spoiler)
the car
fall through the floor and disappear completely
during the wooden elevator transition
only to reappear when it was done, and randomly teleport around during another scene.

pupcoffee

I've wrapped up S
cotland
and got a little bored during the
cave exploring. These parts of Uncharted are always uninteresting to me, except for the first time I played Uncharted 1, lol. I don't feel the desire to pay attention to what's going on with the actual treasure-hunting, the clues Nate figures out and whatnot, this part of Uncharted is so formulaic and the exact same thing happens every time and I know the meat of the story is elsewhere. Speaking of which, Nate and Sam didn't say much interesting stuff in the caves, just "Hey, give me a boost," etc. That part of the game could've used an actual conversation with some substance to it.

But holy crap, that cave collapse was something else. I was sad when it was over.

The combat scenarios were quite nice in this chapter, too. It seems that the average shootout is as fun as the village shootout from Uncharted 2, with all the options you have, and climbing, which is great.

Plum

So Amazon sent out a replacement SE to me after breaking the first one I ordered yesterday.

I foolishly changed the delivery address to my school (they allow us in 6th form) so I could play it when I got home.

Now I read that Amazon Logistics have a habit of delivering at 8-9pm... and I'm home.

f.gif

I'm never going to get this damn game, am I?

I'm on Chapter 13 and I'm in awe. These visuals are beyond anything I have ever seen on a console. Anything. And man, the gunplay is a VAST improvement on previous entries. Easily my GOTY frontrunner. Just....wow.

Can you IMAGINE what TLOU 2 is going to look like?

Skulldead

I'm on Chapter 13 and I'm in awe. These visuals are beyond anything I have ever seen on a console. Anything. And man, the gunplay is a VAST improvement on previous entries. Easily my GOTY frontrunner. Just....wow.

Can you IMAGINE what TLOU 2 is going to look like?

Make the game bigger and more survival.... TLOU 2 is going to be epic !

Leatherface

If I were a reviewer I think I would need a month of decompression time to get over the un-fucking-believable wtf how the hell did they do that graphics before giving this game a proper review. I am currently so memorized by this technically, I would give it a 15/10.
:eek:

Seriously though. How in the hell is this even possible? I can't get over it. I just..wow.

Top Bottom