• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End |OT| You're gonna miss this ass

I'll say this about the stealth. IMO it's not quite as good as TLoU but for me it's extremely satisfying to complete an encounter without being detected. Although it seems more often than not I will get to the last few enemies remaining and will do something stupid to become noticed, only to have to kill one or two dudes to finish the encounter.

The open mission design really stands out, too. Many different routes to take to get to the same destination.

WITHE1982

I knew about that easter egg, but still i wasn't prepared for the feels T-T

image.php

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
I went default aim sensitivity with aim assist off. Though for this Crushing play through I quite like leaving aim assist at max sometimes just to cheat to win basically. You pretty much never square off against more than one enemy at a time, so aim assist drift (something that happens when multiple enemies might pass your reticule) is basically a non issue.

Checked the deadzone and it's basically non existent. Maybe 5% or something of the sticks, which is far less than most games have.
Alright, thanks. I probably just need to experiment and nail down the controls in the next firefight I get into.

icespide

Banned
anyone run into sound issues late game around chapter 17? there was an entire cutscene between Elena and Drake that was completely silent?

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
End of Chapter 15

lkrwtf.gif

Dat swerve

Which I should have seen coming but somehow did not

Vaga

I was prepared for Madagascar chase, watched E3 footage plenty of times. But to see it on my tv and actually play it. Sheeeeeit. And the next chapter is even more jaw dropping.

Fucking hell this game.

why are there so many fucking crates on wheels in ancient never before entered ruins

it blows my mind they thought that was a good idea

ayy i can't reach that ledge in this long forgotten and secret city

hold on I found a wooden crate with functioning wheels!

Floody

anyone run into sound issues late game around chapter 17? there was an entire cutscene between Elena and Drake that was completely silent?

I had something similar happen right at the end, not the entire cut-scene, but for a few seconds it T posed and made no sound, fixed itself pretty quick though. But it kinda kill the moment.

KiraXD

I think it's a wonky deadzone or something. I have problems with accuracy too.

yup, ive been messing with all the settings and cant figure out whats wrong... im not using auto-lock as you have no control with it... my aim sensitivity is at 0, and aim-assist is 10, but putting it at 0 and i dont notice any difference so im not even sure what it does. i love this game, but the shooting is driving me insane.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
I think they did just enough with the stealth. Handled it perfectly for this type of game. I love how it feels like I have it as an option instead of going in guns-blazing, but I could really get the job done either way. At this point I'm just letting my mood decide how I handle certain encounters.

Elitist1945

So awfull.... regarding the ending:
They broke game design 101, by introducing a new mechanic during a boss fight

I actually thought that was an amazing addition... I didn't want another boss fight like UC2...

I'm just really bad at remembering button combos, especially since they just made up new ones for the boss fight.

Edit: I've died over 100 times so far on Hard. Ive never been so bad at an Uncharted before.

Floody

I'd thought they would have learned that theyre awful at doing
boss fights
. Oh well.

The D
avid
boss fight
in The Last of Us was excellent.
I didn't hate 4's, thought it was the best of the series imo (not saying much, I know), just thought the camera was too close.

Elitist1945

The D
avid
boss fight
in The Last of Us was excellent.
I didn't hate 4's, thought it was the best of the series imo (not saying much, I know), just thought the camera was too close.

yeah the camera is close so when Rafe goes in for a bunch of hits I can't really see where he's swinging from

Riozaki

Banned
I finally finished the game and I liked it so much. I have only two negatives about it. The main problem for me is that the fighting sequences is so short and you spent alot, alot of time just walking and talking. I wish if there are more enemy encounters.

Also,
where is Chloe and Cutter?
:(

The Lamp

lol yeah or automatically sliding for any slope

reminds me of mgs5

Yup.

You know the climbing nonsense was really ridiculous from the beginning when Nate says to Sam "I can't climb that high" so he goes around and leaps by the fingertips to something even higher. Fucking ugh.

Floody

I finally finished the game and I liked it so much. I have only two negatives about it. The main problem for me is that the fighting sequences is so short and you spent alot, alot of time just walking and talking. I wish if there are more enemy encounters.

Also,
where is Chloe and Cutter?
:(

That was honestly my only big disappointment with the game,
where was the returning characters goddammit? I would have been fine with just something silly like a postcard from Chloe and Cutter in the credits
Besides that it was pretty much flawless.

Falchion

I really like how they've embraced some of the power of silence from The Last of Us, not always an adventure soundtrack in the background.

Just finished... :( I'm sad, ending was wonderful. Playtime 18 hours, 16 if we take of the 2 for standing still. Best game in the series for me.

Falchion

I set controls to Alternate 1. Shoulder switch should be right analogue stick click, not X.

Ooohhh just saw this, it does feel unintuitive to have a dedicated button when you could just click in the stick while you're aiming. I'm going to do this.

Yup.

You know the climbing nonsense was really ridiculous from the beginning when Nate says to Sam "I can't climb that high" so he goes around and leaps by the fingertips to something even higher. Fucking ugh.

This definitely requires suspension of disbelief, but aside from chapter 2, where it's truly mind-bogglingly absurd, I've mostly been able to roll with it.

Yup.

You know what's really ridiculous? The fact that your character is shot hundreds, if not thousands of times and lives to see another day.

You gotta' learn to suspend your disbelief when you're playing a video game.

I really like how they've embraced some of the power of silence from The Last of Us, not always an adventure soundtrack in the background.

Especially when the sound design is impeccable, specifically the ambient noises, along with the sense of atmosphere. You really feel like you are there.

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member
I like that this game feels more thematically mature. The soundtrack certainly helps to convey that feeling, too, because it's more ambient in its design and not so much in your face like the previous games. This allows me to better imagine myself in the setting than ever before.

Nafai1123

Banned
Just started last night and I'm only up to chapter 6 I believe, but my god the fucking visuals are absolutely insane. I can't believe how clean it looks in-game and some of the cutscenes looks borderline photorealistic from certain camera angles/lighting conditions. The level of polish ND gives to their games is just unbelievable. Well done.

Floody

You know what's really ridiculous? The fact that your character is shot hundreds, if not thousands of times and lives to see another day.

I always like to think every bullet, but the one that kills you missed, but yeah, if you can't suspend your disbelief, then avoid games like Uncharted.

The Lamp

That's easy for me to suspend. It's a logic everyone in the series basically consistently follows.

That's not the same as Nate complaining about not being able to reach a ledge and then easily climbing one much larger.

rdytoroll

Naughty Dog are absolute madmen. They did it, they fucking did it. They made the perfect ending and a close to perfect game.

Just finished it after playing for about 14 hours. I can't think of a single negative thing in this game. I maybe would have preferred a few more puzzles (just because I liked the ones we got so much), but that's about it. I love everything about it.
The pacing, story, combat, encounter design, level design, the areas, characters, the villians, graphics, the traversal, the final boss fight, the exploring, set pieces, sound design...

My favorite thing about it though? How a encounter can go from stealth to chaos in one second. It gets your adrenaline pumping and it keeps you on your toes while the level design makes every encounter special and fun. It's just pure fun, the whole game.

I'm utterly flashed by this game. The ending made me so emotional.

10/10

Fuck it, I'm gonna say it. I think it's better than UC 1-3 and Last of Us. UC 1 & 3 don't even come close. It's Naughty Dog's crowning achievement, thanks everyone in the team for making this game.

Lets try out what the MP has to offer.

The Game

Just finished it, definitively best game I played this generation, surprisingly not a single time I was frustrated with game not even
with sword fight at the end, but I thought here comes another lazarevic

Cant wait for next ND game, this guys are simply the best.

Top Bottom