• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End |OT| You're gonna miss this ass

Fletcher

Games just alright for me so far. I wish I was liking it as much as some people here. Graphics are fantastic, but the gameplay is just average. Uncharted 2 felt like such a huge step up to one that it felt fantastic.

I just got to
madagascar
so we will see if the gameplay gets funner? I dunno.

One of the little details that adds a lot that nobody really thinks about is the subtle amount of rumble in the Dualshock 4 when you land from a jump or even climb up a ledge. You might not notice if you dont think about it, but if it was gone, you'd miss it. That feedback along with the the really great analogue/responsive controls, Nathan's many varied animations, and that satisfying pitter patter sound of clambering and landing makes even the most rudimentary of climbing and leaping feel good.

Wollan

I'm about half-way through episode 12 which ends my second evening/sitting. This chapter is just drop-dead gorgeous and freeing. Downright one of my favorite parts of the franchise so far.

RE4PRR

Download finished late last night so only managed to finish the prologue, but damn visually this game is amazing. Looking forward to blasting through more today, went straight for the hardest difficulty you can on first run. Need to remember how to shoot with controllers all over again lol.

Ending(s?) is perfect. Also really enjoyed the document-viewer stuff brought over from TLOU, the backstory (especially in The Brothers Drake chapter) added a lot to the environments. Can't believe that's the last of it.

Ending(s?) is perfect. Also really enjoyed the document-viewer stuff brought over from TLOU, the backstory (especially in The Brothers Drake chapter) added a lot to the environments. Can't believe that's the last of it.

Yep... by far the toughest part of this game.

Moderate is the best difficulty for first playthrough, stand by that.

I think for most players yes.

On Hard there is quite a strong challenge, much more so than Hard on U1/2/3 I think.

The AI is just far more aggressive and has so many more opportunities to get you.

Thank God for legitimate stealth mechanics, what a god-send. The way it can be used in some scenes is absolutely incredible.

One of the little details that adds a lot that nobody really thinks about is the subtle amount of rumble in the Dualshock 4 when you land from a jump or even climb up a ledge. You might not notice if you dont think about it, but if it was gone, you'd miss it. That feedback along with the the really great analogue/responsive controls, Nathan's many varied animations, and that satisfying pitter patter sound of clambering and landing makes even the most rudimentary of climbing and leaping feel good.

Hey how about the fact that you have to turn around shit to rope them? It's a very simple thing but damn if it doesn't feel good when you do it and you feel the rope getting tighter.

Wollan

Moderate is the best difficulty for first playthrough, stand by that.
Difficulty seems better balanced this time around. Moderate has actually dropped me dead noticeably more than usual. Mostly due to enemies flanking better and overall being more aggressive.

Zutroy

Just finished the game completing it in around 15 hours.

Absolutely incredible! A new benchmark in gaming. The story, the graphics, the animations, the gameplay - everything was just so good!

Can't wait to get into the multiplayer now!

a638699.jpg

a883646.jpg

I'm ready!

Just finished it.

Most impressive game ever made.

Seriously... Now I'm just waiting the single player dlc they're working on!

Yep. In some ways I still cannot believe what was achieved. I still simply do not understand how they have done these graphics, but that's not the only part that is unbelievable.

I mean I'm an avid games player like most people here I'm sure.... but when I'm even starting to fail seeing some of the seams and rough edges in games that I am so accustomed to seeing regularly... then I just don't know. What kind of world did ND bring us into..... lol. I've rarely felt so enthused and positive about the potential that the medium of videogames is capable of.

The game is simply the best and grandest statement of how far gaming has come, and what potential it harbours at this point when everything is done right. And even more it confirms that there is even more to reach beyond this. And that is something ND has brought to fans of videogames beyond just what is contained in Uncharted 4.
a638699.jpg

a883646.jpg

I'm ready!
Greatness awaits indeed.

Enjoy fam. Enjoy!

Man... These shooting segments seem really badly designed compared to the previous games. I'm sorry to say it, but wow...

Whattttt... apart from the end segments which would still be pretty good without the mass amount of enemies, the scenarios are great, tons of vertical maneuvering and options.

RDreamer

No way, can't agree with this at all. They are a huge step up in terms of level design and gunplay feel.

The feel of the guns is good but the fucking design of the fights is beyond terrible in my opinion. It feels like they just threw fucking everything at you with no real thought into placement or anything. There's just no logic. The past games felt like a puzzle where I was thinking "Ok, I have to go here and then get over to this one and I'll grab this gun to take out this guy, etc."

Maybe I'm just frustrated with the particular spot I'm in now, but this is fucking ridiculous. And to make matters better for some reason it saved where every time I restart I'm in an explosion and lose some life.

Just finished the game after 5 large chunks of gameplay over 2 days. Fantastic game. Absolutely loved the pacing and narrative. Gonna take a break for a few days so I can digest it and determine if it's my favorite Naughty Dog game ever or if Last of Us is still king.

"The enemy team is favored to win the match."

No shit I've already lost like 10 in a row since you've been saying that. What the fuck is up with people not reviving in this game I can be right next to someone downed and get completely ignored. Not to mention the people who try to go one man army and get destroyed the entire match.

Also what gun is everyone using online? I'm using the ak until I get a hero one. It seems like I get downed in like 5 bullets from everyone else but mine is shooting pellets or something.

Zutroy

One of the things I loved...

Ending spoiler:
How you end with playing Crash again, after just completing this epic adventure, it was like ND saying look how far we as a company have come and what we've managed to achieve in our medium.

Can't stop thinking about this game right now. I feel a profound sense of emptiness and/or loss :(

Wish it lasted double as long

What do people think the SP dlc will be?

spyder_ur

Am I the only one who has trouble actually seeing enemies in this game? Like the shooting doesn't zoom enough or something?

Also, I don't really understand why Drake's incapable of moving sideways across a hill.

What a goddamn game this is, though.

RDreamer

Sorry to poke the hive a bit with that statement. The first 3 Uncharted games are some of my favorites of all time and I still see this one getting there, too. As I said in this post here:

Yeah, so far the shooting segments have kind of disappointed me. I love what they did with the platforming and I actually love everything else. I personally think the shooting stuff so far has lost that uncharted feel. It feels unbalanced now with the addition of stealth.

I feel like I have to use stealth to take out a lot of the enemy, and then when the firefight begins it feels really badly designed compared to some of the arenas in the past. It's like the second someone finds you after you shoot them or something suddenly you've got about 15 guys shooting you at the same time. It's too much. They balanced it thinking you had to take down a bunch before alerting someone.

So far the best shooting parts were (early-ish spoilers):
the parts in and after the auction house
because that didn't use the stealth mechanic at all. It felt incredibly satisfying. The rest outside hasn't...

The shooting isn't really jiving with me as much. I think it's a combination of the stealth really not being what I want in this game and then the game not really putting enough shooting segments to get you warmed up to it. Suddenly it's just balls to the wall. On top of that, as I said just before, it really does feel like they just fucking threw everything into this massive space and said fuck it. There's no real 'puzzle' to it like there had been before. A lot of the shooting galleries in 1, 2, and 3 felt very deliberately designed. Every wave made sense and was a thrill to get through. Here one foul move in stealth and it's like there are way too many guys coming after you and there's no real good spots to go to. You're getting bombarded with a fucking rocket launcher, two snipers, and a grenade every 2 seconds. I feel too much like this is rewarding run and gun style and the only real recourse I have is to shotgun while doing that instead of feeling really smart and pacing myself out through the level somehow like I did in previous games.

And I just did a pure shooting sequence in Chapter 10 that gave me a lot of trouble, too. This is outside the stealth which obviously wasn't available:
It's the segment right at the end of Madagascar. You're in this tiny ass space and they just drop like 2 shotgunners and 4 others on to of you and there's just nowhere to go. It felt really poorly designed and to make matters worse it saved during the second wave and had Nathan get hit with an explosion every freaking time I died and had to restart. Explosion and about 2 gunshots putting him about 1 gunshot from death every time I retried...

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I can't update the game, i get a "Cannot Download: Update File" error everytime i try to update the game.

Naughty Gods pls
PLS HALP!

Top Bottom