• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End |OT| You're gonna miss this ass

sock

Halfway done with the game, and it's phenomenal. I love the option to take on most encounters with a stealth approach, and the visuals and audio are astounding considering the PS4 hardware. I'm having a really great time.

I'm out of the thread until I finish it though -- please, friends, mark your spoilers.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
1 major disappointment in this game:

it doesn't have supernatural beings/monsters

seriously ND? I was expecting ghosts or pirate skeletons at least and I got non of that

this is really bothering me :/

why?
For once there was treasure. The legend was true. There really was a pirate city.

Wow this thread is critical mass of awful tagging, ain't it.

Yes, unfortunately, I'm out until I've finished the game. There are some really inconsiderate people in here at the moment and it's really fucking disappointing, because I enjoy posting my spoiler-free impressions as I play.

silva1991

why?
For once there was treasure. The legend was true. There really was a pirate city.

I Iove that they found a treasure

but I also loved the monsters part of the previous games and wanted it in this one

fighting monsters in the last chapters would have been more interesting than those countless armies to me
it's my favorite game this gen regardless but still.......

leng jai

Yes, unfortunately, I'm out until I've finished the game. There are some really inconsiderate people in here at the moment and it's really fucking disappointing, because I enjoy posting my spoiler-free impressions as I play.

This happens for every game/movie, I'm not sure why people keep expecting any different. People on the internet are awful about spoilers, and half the time it's probably intentional.

This happens for every game/movie, I'm not sure why people keep expecting any different. People on the internet are awful about spoilers, and half the time it's probably intentional.

I guess I naively assumed it would be different on GAF.

Anyway, I'm out for real now lol

Wagram

Stealth is infuriating in Uncharted 4. Granted i'm on Crushing, but the enemies have laser sight vision from across the map and there's always 3 guys around every corner.

TsuWave

seriously ND? I was expecting ghosts or pirate skeletons at least and I got non of that

omg i just posted that. i thought i was the only one.

Just finished it. That fucking ending.
Just when you think they can't surprise you....
Damn.

I also like that they included a nod to more than one of their previous games. I knew they were going to do it but I didn't know how. Very cool.

TsuWave

just finished. amazing game.

i kept waiting for supernatural elements, when i got to libertalia i was so convinced that pirate skeletons were gonna rise from the ground and attack me lol. i know they toned it down with 3 but i feel like the supernatural elements of uncharted was cool (i know a lot of ppl disagree but yeah, i always liked it so i was a bit bummed not to see it here).

i played it on hard. will run crushing next week.

edit - i ended up posting it in the multiplayer thread by accident

Teletraan1

Banned
I always get nervous posting in these threads because I have no idea what people consider a spoiler now. If I spoiled that there is a last boss and that the encounter wasn't so great (imo) I am sorry. I just figured these were UC mainstays and about as much of a spoiler as saying that Nathan Drake is in the game.

Woah, this thread is full of land mines. Better stay out of it again for now.

Stealth is infuriating in Uncharted 4. Granted i'm on Crushing, but the enemies have laser sight vision from across the map and there's always 3 guys around every corner.

I know right.

This is why I don't come into OT threads before I've finished the game. Some folks have no consideration for others. It's extremely disrespectful. Other people paid as much money for the game as you did, so you have no right to ruin it for them.

Just finished it. That fucking ending.
Just when you think they can't surprise you....
Damn.

Yep, I can't think of any better way to end it. It was pretty much perfect, IMO.

**ENDING SPOILERS, DO NOT CLICK IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW**
And Cassie is super ultimate adorbs. She's a tiny Elena with glasses. It's like the best thing ever.

Professor Oak

Neo Member

I played through the game on hard my first time through. Most fights were frustrating and I wish I would've played through on normal. I beat all the other Uncharted games on crushing so I thought hard would be fine. I currently don't even have plans to play this game on crushing but I will replay on normal. Good game

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey

Not many people want this and I'm so fucking glad they didn't do this.

RDreamer

I think it's great that it feels like there are plenty of correct ways to do a fight instead of just one.

I never felt there was one correct way to do the arena fights in previous Uncharted games, either. That's not what I'm saying. Here I feel like the correct way is to stealth it for a while and the flail around like a fucking maniac because there doesn't seem to be as much thought put into the encounter design. It pushes you toward run and gun and/or other dissatisfying methods. There are just way too many goddamned enemies on these maps and they all laser focus on your right away when you're found out.

Trying to figure out how to really explain this. Every other uncharted felt like there was breathing room and time to think and plot out. It was still hard on crushing but it felt fair. Here on hard it just feels silly and not terribly fair comparatively. Unless you stealth nearly everything and that's so I satisfying because the stealth is half baked still and that's not why I play uncharted...

Just finished, what a ride that was. Not going into details about the story at all but damn the visual spectacle throughout this was just amazing. Probably the first game where I'll be replaying it purely to mess around with taking screenshots. So many amazing things going on in this tech. The moment you see light penetrating the characters hair and ears was just one of many bits of tech that blew my mind. The major one of which being whatever crazy AA solution they're using.

Veelk

Banned
I have no idea why, but I feel oddly underwhelmed. The game is fantastic, easily within UC2's league if not it's superior, so while intellectually, I am impressed, I don't FEEL impressed. I don't get it.

Ending spoilers:
I really hope they continue the series with Cassie though.

TsuWave

Not many people want this and I'm so fucking glad they didn't do this.

where's the sample size being taken from? gaf exclusively?

i feel the supernatural elements are part of the charm of the series

Totally agree, the twist was more thematic, that greed absorbed all those who coveted the treasure and caused their deaths, like a curse.

is that really a "twist" though?

SDR-UK

Guys, do yourself a favor and listen to "A Thief's End" from the official soundtrack. Goosebumps.

Will echo this statement.

Henry Jackman did an amazing job with this and I originally had some reservations but the soundtrack is great all of the way through.

Ricker

I dont get this flashing lights at the door puzzle at all...6 holes,rotate or move,something is inverted for me in the controls that I am not seeing...I hate having to go on the net to figure this out but I am stuck now,been trying for 15 minutes...

BroBot

I'll admit...
I was expecting to fight a dinosaur with all of that amazing jungle scenery.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
This game is a mixed bag for me. Idk... might not even finish it at this point.

why?

Totally agree, the twist was more thematic, that greed absorbed all those who coveted the treasure and caused their deaths, like a curse.

I think it's because in other UC games, especially 3, the "treasure/lost city" is something tied to beliefs/cultures/religions so they had to make it look like an intentionally and obviously fictional version of the real story so that people don't judge them if they get something wrong. IIRC, Evan Wells said something like that in an interview with a middle-eastern website back when they announced UC3.

I'm really liking the stealth in this game. Everything feels very fluid, and the enemy placement is outstanding. When I've messed up, it has been entirely my fault. It hasn't felt unfair yet. I'm playing on hard which has felt perfect up to this point.

spyder_ur

I dont get this flashing lights at the door puzzle at all...6 holes,rotate or move,something is inverted for me in the controls that I am not seeing...I hate having to go on the net to figure this out but I am stuck now,been trying for 15 minutes...

You know you can
rotate each set of lights, right
?

Tubie

I just finished the game, took me ~14 hours playtime.

What an incredible ride that was, all 14 of those hours.

Probably on par or even better than TLoU, and thus one of the best games I've ever had the fortune of playing.

Top Bottom