• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End |OT| You're gonna miss this ass

Lakitu

st5fu
I've just reached N
ew
D
evon
and holy fuck, this game has been a majestic experience from beginning to end.

Absolutely amazing and I for one am extremely happy that there are less combat encounters and more exploration/platforming/character stuff. Such a breath of fresh air for the series. The set pieces beat anything before it aswell.

What a masterpiece. Not finished yet but I'm already eager to see what they're going to do next.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Enemies have unlimited grenades.

I was hanging on a rock and everytime i tried to climb up they threw a grenade. Every. Time.

Enemies shouldn't have unlimited grenades. Please fix this for The Last of Us 2, ND.

Just completed it. I gotta gather my thoughts... But I'm comfortable in saying that it was the greatest gaming experience of my life. Jesus what a game...

Plum

So I'm about 8 hours in and at Chapter
. Any rough estimates on how far I have left? Just "a bit" or "a lot" will do.
I feel like I'm nearing the end at this point!

Enemies have unlimited grenades.

I was hanging on a rock and everytime i tried to climb up they threw a grenade. Every. Time.

Enemies shouldn't have unlimited grenades. Please fix this for The Last of Us 2, ND.

LOL, I don't even notice it to be honest. Have you not played the previous games? Because the grenade spam in this game is so light compared to the previous ones.

LuuKyK

wow at chapters 13 and 14.

Reminded my of a certain section of TLOU.

I'm sure we'll see Chloe in the story DLC. It's gonna be
the job she's talking about in the note you can read when you're in the attic right after the job in Malaysia

(note: it's just an assumption and I didn't finish the game yet)

I think só too. I would love that.

holy shit
Libertalia
is the most beautiful level that i've ever seen in a videogame
just started cap.
, almost 13 hours in
i can't believe this game, i can't

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
LOL. Have you not played the previous games? Because the grenade spam in this game is so light compared to the previous ones.

If you saw my previous posts i have... but that doesn't make it ok. Enemy grenade spam should have been fixed a long time ago, it's stupid and unrealistic.

I'm glad you can't throw grenades back anymore because nobody in the right mind would ever do that.

Salarians

I would say that it's a spoiler.

But yeah, that's awesome!
Yeah, you're probably right.
I assumed that this scenario was going to happen based on MP skin names, but I'm sure a lot of people didn't.
Edited the original post just to be safe.

Edit:
The fact that [redacted] isn't a spoiler? Fuck you.
Sorry!
I honestly thought most people were expecting this.

Holy shit chapter 10, my god, I've never seen anything like it. How are naughty dog doing this? This is insane, I haven't even started the chapter and i'm just standing here for 15 minutes staring..

B00TE

Beat the game, was superb throughout. Probably going to replay it right away on a harder difficulty and jump headlong into multiplayer.

icespide

Banned
People complained there was too much shooting and killing in prior games. Now there isn't enough. It just goes to show no game is ever perfect and honestly no matter how amazing a game is, people want more, more, more. No games perfect but this is the first game in a long time where I just wanted to stop playing and start over before I ever finished it.

or different people have different tastes and opinions

Got to the E3 section last night as they opened the door (which is notably different).

Saved it for a fresh play session (tonight!) And beyond that and the PSX segment, the game will be fully fresh to me again (with the exception of trailer scenes, even though some of them have been changed).

I'm a little disappointed by the removal of the animals in that one scene though. Oh well. Spectacular game.

data

dab0712e42.png

nice

sappyday

Just bought the game.

Installed the patch and everything.

Booting it up right now.

My ears are about to hear that amazing theme.

HERE WE Go................

What. Where's my Uncharted theme? What is this Last of Us menu?! This already has me a little soured tbh.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Just bought the game.

Installed the patch and everything.

Booting it up right now.

My ears are about to hear that amazing theme.

HERE WE Go................

What. Where's my Uncharted theme? What is this Last of Us menu?! This already has me a little soured tbh.
Just keep playing.

Just finished it. Amazing experience. The platforming was improved greatly in this game. Because of that I didn't miss the combat like some are saying. I'm just trying to figure out what kind of Voodoo Naughty Dog is practicing, lol. This gamecis 30 FPS but looks like it's running 60. Seriously, how in the hell did they do that, hahaha. Naughty Gods I guess.

So for those wondering, the ce edition had stickers of all the pirate emblems and names for them. Including the monkey.... which states
Guy Wood
lol

Malawhur

What the heck did i just play!!?? I could not believe the whole scene of
the car chase
I have been on the media blockout for this game. I think I just saw glimpses of the scene before but I had no idea. Man, how is that even possible on a ps4? Also the Easter egg about
Guybrush
was hilarious :)

Sciortino

Posting this as the end credits roll. Jesus Christ this game is a 10/10 for me. Fantastic from beginning to end. I didn't want it to end :(

Well, shit.

It's probably the best ND game out there. It is really fulfilling my expectations, which is something Uncharted 2 nor The Last Of Us has really done for me.

This is probably the best James Bond game too lol

Last night I stopped at the beggining of Madagascar. Tonight I'll continue this journey, can't wait to get home from work.

That said, I feel something's off about the graphics, I don't know if it's just me, but I've seen too many blurry textures right by the side of some of the best graphics PS4 is offering, which is weird. Again, I don't know if it's just me and my console. I'm playing digital deluxe edition by the way.

Animation is top notch. It really feels so natural to watch the expressions of the characters, makes them look believable, and much deeper. Dialogue is precise, because the animation allows the character to say more with his face than through speaking. Nolan North and Troy Baker gave us their A+ work in this one.

Glad to hear the HD collection is good, will definitely play the remasters and not the original games.

I bought all 3 when they were released, finished and never touched them again.

But now i'm curious how it holds up to UC4, i loved UC2 and UC3, UC1 not so much but i want to replay that too, it's been so long since i played them my opinion might change.

I think we will see them more as action games more than ever, even though they haven't changed of course.

U4 just shifted the formula so much in so many ways, that going back the contrast will be much more obvious. I think it will make the previous games feel like they are much more focused on action/shooting, which they are, but to a stronger degree.

But I hope you enjoy the collection. I am quite the Uncharted fanbot, so I might be the wrong person to ask, but I enjoyed all the time I spent with the HD collection. It's exactly what I wanted from U1/2/3, and I always think they deserved to be in 1080p60.

Once you reach
libertalia
exploration becomes amazing. So much pirate lore and a number of awesome character moments. The madagascar jeep section I agree that exploration felt pointless. The tighter exploration spaces where you are on foot felt far more dense in terms of potential interactive moments.

i dunno i thought there were some cool touches
like finding the well and using the winch from the jeep to attach to something down in the well.. yeah the reward was just treasure but that kind of thing actually felt like legit exploring and not just following a linear path

but yeah
libertalia was amazing.. nate and sam chilling on the porch with the chairs in this long deserted town is a memorable moment in the series for me.. also filled me with dread cause i know something bad was gonna happen coming up

also can i mention how i love that characters continue their conversations if you bail out of vehicles early?

kadotsu

Banned
Finished on hard ten minutes ago. 16 and a half hours playtime. Chapter
20 is bullshit
and the encounter
right at the beginning when you fight your way down the cliffs is straight up bad.
. (Ending Spoilers)
The epilogue is incredible and the perfect note to end the series on.

In the end the game is at its best when you are not in classic cover shooter gameplay. Every encounter that lets you stealth is marvelous every encounter that doesn't is kind of unfun on hard.

void666

Banned
Watching the credits roll right now. I'm not a fan of the stronger focus on story.
But it is without a doubt one of my best experiences in gaming.

Top Bottom