• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 street date broken as thieves steal copies

Status
Not open for further replies.

UpwindPoet24

Neo Member
For those in NYC, Kobes World has copies RIGHT NOW. I didn't buy one cos I have the special edition preordered and I'm frugal as fuck but it was there and I saw someone leave with one. :D

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
if companies have the game already I dont see why naughty dog and sony can't give the green light for an earlier release, unless there is BIG day one patch possibly

NateDrake

if companies have the game already I dont see why naughty dog and sony can't give the green light for an earlier release, unless there is big DAY ONE PATCH POSSIBLY

Because that fucks up embargo plans and the possible exclusive coverage they could have setup with media firms. Sony fucked this launch up big time. It was stupid of them to ship copies out this early.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
There's definitely a day one patch. There's no multiplayer otherwise.

damn you quoted me when I said the quite part loud and the loud part quiet
JdRZvVw.jpg

The Argus

For those in NYC, Kobes World has copies RIGHT NOW. I didn't buy one cos I have the special edition preordered and I'm frugal as fuck but it was there and I saw someone leave with one. :D

Oh man, tempted, but Washington Heights is way out of the way from both work and my CoOp. Guess I'll hold on to my Amazon Prime preorder or see if any of my local Queens shops have it after I get home from work.

OK. After all these indications of Uncharted 4 street dates being broken, I'm going on a hunt tomorrow to look for an early copy. Even If I see one behind the counter, I'll be happy.

Will visit around 12 stores and supermarkets in search of U4; from Currys PC World, Game, Gamestop to Asda, Tesco and Sainsburys. I will let you guys know.

I vow to find a copy of U4: By The Old Gods and the New.

RDreamer

Are there any odds for Naughty Dog saying ... "Fuck it" and just releasing it to everybody early? It seems like I remember Gamestop saying that they only break street date if somebody else does it first and it is known.

I really doubt they will, but didn't something like this happen with the first Uncharted? I remember I wasn't even completely sold on it but then I was following a thread (I think here on NeoGAF) where it was out in the wild a bunch and then Sony just said fuck it and allowed a release on like a Thursday or Friday before the real release date. I went over and picked it up that day because I was bored and it seemed interesting enough.

OK. After all these indications of Uncharted 4 street dates being broken, I'm going on a hunt tomorrow to look for an early copy. Even If I see one behind the counter, I'll be happy.

Will visit around 12 stores and supermarkets in search of U4; from Currys PC World, Game, Gamestop to Asda, Tesco and Sainsburys. I will let you guys know.

Not half tempted to join you.

Vitor711

Oh man, tempted, but Washington Heights is way out of the way from both work and my CoOp. Guess I'll hold on to my Amazon Prime preorder or see if any of my local Queens shops have it after I get home from work.

Same - that's way far north. It's only 35 minutes by train from my work in midtown though...Tempted but still seems like a hassle.

Rudiano

Banned

There has been no indication that any major retailer in the UK has broken street date. Visiting all those major retailer you listed will just be a waste of time lol

cftrooper

Sry, but whats the problem?

Early copys isnt something new and people should already expect that nowadays.

The problem (and irony) is, ND delayed it to May 10th so it would have a worldwide release. Now I see no reason for them to not go ahead and release it in the US.

I never got why it's "street date is broken by Amazon" and not "the release date is broken by Amazon; the street date is now April 26th (or whenever it first happened)"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom