• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 street date broken as thieves steal copies

Status
Not open for further replies.

zsynqx

I've felt the music has been fantastic. It still feels adventurous, exciting, and atmospheric. Granted I miss the Uncharted classic theme, but... I almost feel that's not there for.... reasons... lol

Awesome

How about the tone? Even with the added emotional depth, does it still feel a fun light-hearted adventure?

Askin for others as I'm not that worried about this :p

Downloaded U3 on PS+, never played it but i want to get an idea of Nate and Elanas relationship as that looks to play a pretty big part in 4.

Might just put it on easy and run through it.

This is the only concern I have about the game. I don't want Elena to be sidelined like she was in 3.

The other impressions imply this is exactly the game I wanted, but I am worried about Elena.

Edit: sorry didn't answer your question. U3 spoilers.
They end the game together. Nate is "done" with the treasure hunting life.

Awesome

How about the tone? Even with the added emotional depth, does it still feel a fun light-hearted adventure?

Oh def. I've laughed a ton. What it does well is go back and forth between funny, adventure, thrilling, and serious. I'm worried for Nates brother, Nates friendships, and ultimately Nates relationship with Elena.

That's impossible. Neil and Bruce made TLoU so it is physically impossible for them to make a game that has a lighter a tone even though they are Uncharted veterans.

Granted I miss the Uncharted classic theme, but... I almost feel that's not there for.... reasons... lol

pjFeGaA313YPu.gif

Friend was over last night, watching me play a little bit. One of his comments. "This is clearly even more Indiana Jones inspired, this is Indiana Jones as fuck! "

I changed the gif as it more accurately represents my thoughts lol

I have no doubts that it still feels inspired by that. The gif was in response to what you said about the music :p

What kind of things would you guys like to see in the multiplayer?

I would be over the moon if they included a couple of co-op missions similar to UC2's. Those were the best thing ever!

I'm really interested to see what the trials are. I'm hoping for some awesome Spider-man-esque rope challenges. As for competitive modes I almost exclusively play TDM but I'll try anything new they put in. One thing's for sure: I'll be playing this until the servers go offline.

zsynqx

Oh def. I've laughed a ton. What it does well is go back and forth between funny, adventure, thrilling, and serious. I'm worried for Nates brother, Nates friendships, and ultimately Nates relationship with Elena.

Finally, does there feel like a good amount of combat even with the added emphasis on exploration etc.? Promise this is my last question :p

All this hype over Uncharted 4 has got me to finally go back and pick up The Nathan Drake Collection. I wanted to actually play the other games before 4 to make sure I have the full story etc.

Almost done with Drakes Fortune - very excited to progress through each game and see the improvements!

I should probably finish 3.
I'm on a part where I'm fighting a whole bunch of dudes in the middle of a sandstorm. I died a bunch a kinda stopped playing; just never continued for whatever reason.

Gurish

Yes and it's much better paced. So far I've never felt like I'm just fighting wave after wave of bad guys.

This is one of the best things I've heard about the game and a constant complain I had throughout the series (more in 3 and 1 but also 2 toward the end), awesome!

This is the hypest of hype threads! I cannot wait to play this game, though I confess to a grave sin :$

The only Uncharted I played was Golden Abyss and I just watched 1-3 on youtube.

Gurish

I think it's one of the most common complaints about Uncharted.

Even in TLOU there were some parts with the same problem but they already much improved the combat pacing with that game and mostly it was on point, glad to hear they further improved that aspect.

I'm so hyped!

Wrynnax

You just know some people at Naughty Dog are reading this thread and they must be thrilled to see our reactions to the few people that are giving their impressions.

Billion clickers in the tunnel. To be fair, u can sneak past them if ur patient.

Also
hospital

...that's not "waves" at all. And neither is the hospital. Y'all need to play UC1 again if you want to see where the "waves of enemies" complaint comes from.

SSReborn

Elimination! I kind of liked the protect the VIP power play they had in uc3 I hope that makes a comeback(not as a power play of course).

Also it would be kind of cool if they come up with a unique mode sort of like Interrogation from TLOU

I still kind of wanted them to figure out some kind of way to deal with the situation where two people share one piece of cover I don't like how they got rid of cover melee in that sense. I would have rather them refine it then strip it out altogether. I guess a hardcore mode would be dope too but I'm not too fussy about that.

Oh! Also bring back Rika Raja and don't leave out the Golden abyss characters.

I-hate-u

...that's not "waves" at all. And neither is the hospital. Y'all need to play UC1 again if you want to see where the "waves of enemies" complaint comes from.
You might be right. It has been years since I played U1. I just remember Tlou being really congested at the end.

zsynqx

Yes and it's much better paced. So far I've never felt like I'm just fighting wave after wave of bad guys.

So sorry, just one more I promise. :)

How is traversal in this game? Is there a lot more freedom in how to approach the climbing set ups?

Enemies placed in a fixed area isn't really a wave of enemies. The infected in the final bout are in the level throughout the whole thing. Waves to me is enemies that come after the first set within the level, that come out of no where. Uncharted 1 is a good example of this.

I wouldn't consider anything in TLOU a wave of enemies, even right at the end.

There are def waves at certain points. In the liquor store when Joel and Ellie are ambushed at the beginning of Pittsburgh. Or the first time Ellie uses the rifle.

I think there are a couple of other points as well.

Krakin

For those throwing concern at the supposedly subdued set pieces, don't you remember what journalists were saying when they saw behind the scenes footage of the extended E3 trailer.
Weren't they saying things like they've never seen stuff like that in a game before and such? Come on now.

Skeeter49

Enemies placed in a fixed area isn't really a wave of enemies. The infected in the final bout are in the level throughout the whole thing. Waves to me is enemies that come after the first set within the level, that come out of no where. Uncharted 1 is a good example of this.

Sniper section and winter mill section excluded, of course.

For those throwing concern at the supposedly subdued set pieces, don't you remember what journalists were saying when they saw behind the scenes footage of the extended E3 trailer.
Weren't they saying things like they've never seen stuff like that in a game before and such? Come on now.

That could mean any number of things.

I'm a few hours into the game so far and nothing has jumped out as amazing in regards to set pieces. It's still thrilling and super fun but just not over the top.
Then again from what I've heard in regards to play time I'm only like 1/4 of the way through

Is everyone getting physical or digital? I can't decide.

The Special Edition for me! Had the CE pre-ordered, but cancelled because I wanted to get the Doom CE instead (limited myself to one statue and the Doom one seems better). Now that PS put out an un-boxing of the CE, and I've actually seen the statue (which I like), I'm kinda worried that Doom's won't be good and that I'll have made a mistake.

Krakin

Said it in the present tense, everyone lives confirmed

zsynqx

That could mean any number of things.

I'm a few hours into the game so far and nothing has jumped out as amazing in regards to set pieces. It's still thrilling and super fun but just not over the top.
Then again from what I've heard in regards to play time I'm only like 1/4 of the way through

How are you finding the game so far?

thrilling and super fun :p

haha was hoping for a bit more than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom