• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UNCHARTED |OT| The Master Thief Collection

So my copy from Simplygames also has the yellow dot on the frontcover, meaning mine is from UAE. Their website makes no mention of this, and further there is no foreign text whatsoever on the box. Game patched and runs fine. Not going to sell this collection anyway, but good to know for future orders..

At least it explains how i got my order so well in advance!

Amazed on how good UC1 looks. Should i be playing this on hard or crushing first playthru?

First playthrough I would say hard. It's challenging enough but also lets you enjoy the gameplay and story.

I think I am going to grab this. My PS4 collection is pathetic; I haven't purchased a game for it since like..Bloodborne.

Just need to get through a Discrete Math exam. Bleh.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Couldn't resist playing a little bit of #2, only the first 2 chapters though. I will delve into it properly tomorrow. After finishing #1 in basically one sitting I know I'm going to plough through this collection and be hungry for more. It was one of the reasons I bought a PS4 in the first place and it hasn't let me down.

Mine arrived today. Not played these before. Only played golden abyss on vita. Got to chapter 8 on drakes fortune. Enjoying it so far. Impressive considering how old it is now. Looks decent with the graphic tweaks and 60fps. Signs of its age does show with some sluggish controls and the odd janky animation here and there but its good fun so far.

Great deal really. £40 for three 8-10 hour action packed games that are replayable due to its length, collectables and difficulty modes.

Gaffi

As anyone who played UC3 on the PS3 been able to play the PS4 version? If so did you notice any difference in enemy hit reaction, especially in regard to headshots? I always felt like the enemies in UC3 felt really tanky and would shrug off bodyshots compared to UC2 and sometime I swear my headshots wouldn't register either.

Loudninja

Couldn't resist playing a little bit of #2, only the first 2 chapters though. I will delve into it properly tomorrow. After finishing #1 in basically one sitting I know I'm going to plough through this collection and be hungry for more. It was one of the reasons I bought a PS4 in the first place and it hasn't let me down.
UC2 is freaking crazy.

anddo0

Great OT!

The remaster looks good. I've platinumed all the games (GA as well). So, this one can wait, getting it at some point for sure.

I just finished the final boss fight in Uncharted 1... those darned
crates
wouldn't save my ass, so I had to corner shoot my way out of there to reach
Navarro

hamchan

And that's Uncharted 1 beaten again on Crushing. Still a great game. Pacing is unmatched (for every game in the trilogy really) and it's hard to put it down once you get going.

Revven

As anyone who played UC3 on the PS3 been able to play the PS4 version? If so did you notice any difference in enemy hit reaction, especially in regard to headshots? I always felt like the enemies in UC3 felt really tanky and would shrug off bodyshots compared to UC2 and sometime I swear my headshots wouldn't register either.

I don't have the game yet but judging by what they've done across all three games animation-wise (which is absolutely nothing) they've probably been left untouched. Like, I seriously doubt they could fix your problem without completely changing the animation to something else entirely. Which I'd assume takes a lot more work than what they've already done. If they went and changed animations in UC3 then they'd have to change/update animations in UC1 because the inconsistency (or contradiction) would be very apparent.

So it was probably better to just say all or nothing on changing animations and they decided not to touch them at all and keep any changes generally consistent across all three.

Ok I've been curious for a while, are all the campaign missions unlocked from day one like they were for MCC? Or do I have to fully replay the games to unlock all the missions?

Tjk481.png

RG0BS1U.gif

The original Texturezilla screenshot area.

I've been watching loads of footage from the first two games and after finally finding someone who was streaming UC3, it doesn't look like anything was improved on that front. The enemies are still noticeably less reactive to shots.

Gotta wait until UC4 for the improvements.

viHuGi

Banned
Uncharted 2 is nuts, no i mean NUTS. Has to be my favorite game of all time no doubts its just too damn good.

Chapter 22 didnt remember everything, im having a blast, the graphics are still so good so gooooood.

Uncharted 2 is nuts, no i mean NUTS. Has to be my favorite game of all time no doubts its just too damn good.

Chapter 22 didnt remember everything, im having a blast, the graphics are still so good so gooooood.

lmao I'm so hype. Why hasn't Amazon ship my copy yet!?

Gaffi

I've been watching loads of footage from the first two games and after finally finding someone who was streaming UC3, it doesn't look like anything was improved on that front. The enemies are still noticeably less reactive to shots.

Gotta wait until UC4 for the improvements.

Ah, that's disappointing. I know they said that damage and controls would be adjusted so hopefully that makes for a slightly better experience. UC3 is ridiculously good looking but the plot/pacing and shooting were so half baked compared to UC2 in my opinion, was hoping they could have smoothed that out.

Nah, gotta start at the beginning.

You cant make me play drakes fortune again!

Btw, those 65 skins.
Is this like the unlock store in UC2 where you could buy and choose who to play as?
And if so is it in all 3 titles now?

GHG

Any way to buy the games separately yet? I don't think I'll play through the 1st game again...

Waiting for work to end today is going to SUCK.

Heading to Best Buy as soon as I clock out.

First time playing the Uncharted series.

Hyped as fuck.

ctfg23

Are skins available from the beginning? Or are they like tweaks and only available on beaten difficulties and under?

Big spoiler:

I really wasn't expecting nazi zombies, they just came out of nowhere. I learned the art of run and gun against those bastards.

This will never cease to amaze me. It's hinted at multiple times throughout the entire game. Off the top of my head:

- At the end of the jetski section
- While they're walking through the forest soon after, Elena says "Would you slow down? One of Eddie's goons could be here!" and there is a cutscene a few seconds later
- In the large underground puzzle room with the swinging lanterns and pulleys and chains system (there is an L2 hint and you see it in the distance)

But somehow, people are still surprised by the reveal, and some use this surprise to form a negative opinion about the game/story. It could not have been more obvious!

Around halfway through Drake's Fortune. Playing the trilogy for the first time.

Still waiting for that moment when this series turns great, but I suppose it's coming with all the praise the series has gotten. I started the game on hard, but have gone to easy now just to get through the shooting sections faster.

nib95

Banned
Around halfway through Drake's Fortune. Playing the trilogy for the first time.

Still waiting for that moment when this series turns great, but I suppose it's coming with all the praise the series has gotten. I started the game on hard, but have gone to easy now just to get through the shooting sections faster.

A lot of the fun is in the challenge of the harder shooting scenario's, where you're forced to play better, be more tactical, exercise better aim, mobility, cover etc. If you're playing on easy, it's going to seem like a tiresome and monotonous slog, with no challenge or threat what-so-ever.

Top Bottom