• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UNCHARTED |OT| The Master Thief Collection

So you still have to finish the game in order to play as Doughnut Drake? I was hoping to play as him since I finished all of the games on a friend's PS3 before and it would change things up a bit.

sensi97

I'm playing U2 now, currently in chapter 6 and everything is so much better than U1: weapons, encounters, enemies, dialogues etc; better than I remembered. I just hope "brutal" will not be as lame as in U1.

Sporad

Neo Member
Bluepoint did an amazing job with this, not too far into UC1 but it looks so damn vibrant and crisp! Cannot wait to see how 2 and 3 scrub up....

zsynqx

Welp, forgotten how bad that stealth level at the beginning of Uncharted 2 was. Hate insta-fail stealth sections.

antitrop

Insanity!
I tried to go back and finish Uncharted 2 during my hype for The Last of Us a few years ago, but couldn't do it anymore with the framerate and jaggies.

This Remastered Trilogy being a thing was hardly any surprise (neither was TLoU: R), so I'm glad I waited.

Revven

So you still have to finish the game in order to play as Doughnut Drake? I was hoping to play as him since I finished all of the games on a friend's PS3 before and it would change things up a bit.

Yes you still have to unlock everything (unless you got a pre-order bonus code which unlocks some skins early).

It is annoying but they've changed how you unlock certain skins now apparently. For example, when you complete chapter 1 in UC1 you automatically unlock Wetsuit Drake. So you can use Wetsuit Drake from that point on if you want unlike the original where you had to earn medals to then spend those medals to unlock skins/tweaks.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Straight off the bat I'm noticing an improvement to how treasure is displayed when you loot it, it's a small but welcome touch.

Yes you still have to unlock everything (unless you got a pre-order bonus code which unlocks some skins early).

It is annoying but they've changed how you unlock certain skins now apparently. For example, when you complete chapter 1 in UC1 you automatically unlock Wetsuit Drake. So you can use Wetsuit Drake from that point on if you want unlike the original where you had to earn medals to then spend those medals to unlock skins/tweaks.

Ok, that's what I thought based on how it said it was locked. Maybe I'll have to do another playthrough of it then. Thank you.

Insanity!

No, you can unlock it from the start in the Options menu.

Unless there's some secret way to unlock it otherwise?

iratA

Finally finished Uncharted 1 after many, many years break. Totally forgot about some of the awesome stuff in that game. Looking forward to hitting the next two games in the coming weeks.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I'm really sad that you give yourself the golden weapons, I thought they'd just change the skin of any you pick up. This is more of a cheat than a cosmetic change.

Heartfyre

My copy is going to arrive on Tuesday or Wednesday.

It...it's starting to hurt. Which is weird, considering I platinum'd all of the games already, even if I intend to do it again.

Bold One

imagine experiencing the Uncarted series at 1080/60 for the first time with a superior controller

360 fans won this one

Aces&Eights

Please post your impressions after you beat 2. That game is pretty much the pinnacle of Uncharted and I'm curious how it appears for someone who never played the original.

I know you don't have to finish Brutal difficulties for the Platinum, but that incomplete percentage will drive me absolutely nuts and bonkers anyway so it may as well.

Loudninja

Tjk481.png
Quoting this again cuz it looks great.

GavinUK86

Uncharted 1 feels like a brand new game now. Just had the original and this one on 2 screens side by side and it's incredible.

I tried to go back and finish Uncharted 2 during my hype for The Last of Us a few years ago, but couldn't do it anymore with the framerate and jaggies.

What about playing it between 2009 and 2013? Also, TLOU frame rate and jaggies are worse than U2's so that doesn't hold water.

Ok, that's what I thought based on how it said it was locked. Maybe I'll have to do another playthrough of it then. Thank you.

Unless there's some secret way to unlock it otherwise?

It's in the Bonuses section.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Uncharted is best played on Crushing to me. You have to use all the game mechanics efficiently to survive.

On the flipside, its very difficult to actually transition around the environment given how deadly accurate and quickly(from any range) enemies can take you down if exposed at any moment. This difficulty has demanded a bit too much of the player remaining in extreme safety at distance and lining up shots as enemies encroach.

Lower difficulties often make you feel a bit too OP, but at least then you can react and maneuver from cover points more liberally making fights appear to have a bit more flair. Though I also always play on the hardest difficulty myself, I'm just not certain the game mechanics are being used effectively, but rather conservatively on Crushing+.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I've just got to the bit they used for the demo.

On the flipside, its very difficult to actually transition around the environment given how deadly accurate and quickly(from any range) enemies can take you down if exposed at any moment. This difficulty has demanded a bit too much of the player remaining in extreme safety at distance and lining up shots as enemies encroach.

Lower difficulties often make you feel a bit too OP, but at least then you can react and maneuver from cover points more liberally making fights appear to have a bit more flair. Though I also always play on the hardest difficulty myself, I'm just not certain the game mechanics are being used effectively, but rather conservatively on Crushing+.
To me it is the matter of making use of everything in context. You're behind over and there is a group of enemies. Throw a grenade or two then move out of that cover before it collapse. Running blind fire if there is an enemy near that cover to stop him from shooting you. If there is a power weapon like the 44 mag/grenade launcher/sniper rifle, use all the ammunition quickly to kill the enemies. Blind cover fire at people closeby without cover. Steel fist a single enemy to kill him faster while still being on the move.
Aim for quick efficient kills, not all headshots due to weaving enemies.

Mesh all of that and I think a lot more people can beat crushing. It's all about killing fast to me.

zsynqx

Yep Nepal is still brilliant

PS3 IMAGE!
uncharted2-desperate-times-splosion.jpg

This combat arena was really fun with a very large zone and a number of different sight lines.

Top Bottom