• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UNCHARTED |OT| The Master Thief Collection

I disagree with the 0 replay value. Just like over the top action movies, I sometime like to go back and watch them again. Not sure I could tell you how many times I've seen the Indiana Jones moves, The rock, Con Air, Armageddon, Independence Day, etc.

Mostly everyone I know who likes the Uncharted Franchise play these game multiple times.

Yeah, I've played through each more than once. Just like rewatching a good movie.

Saying that though, I personally believe no linear blockbuster has matched the Uncharted games yet in terms of quality.

Of course not because most of them just see the explosions and Drake falling off of stuff, and hear the noise but don't take into account the way those set-pieces are built, the way they're built up to, the way the game is paced around them, and how much you actually get to control. So what we have are a bunch of wannabe devs without the talent and/or direction and/or values of the folks at ND being hacks and thinking it's the same. You can spot these sequences from a mile away during E3 as you roll your eyes at the cheap spectacle and weak scripting.

Your thoughts are in line with mine. This isn't a game to spend weeks on. You blow through it and maybe come back a couple months later. It's not a game like mgsv or skyrim where you can tinker for a long time.

And we don't get nearly enough games like these so thank science for them. I have trophies in UC2 from 2009, 2010, and 2011, all from the campaign. A great game always has replay value.

bombshell

That is a fixed bit. You have to go through there and get hit by a few bullets as a part of the transition. But obviously 2-3 bullets on Brutal are insta-death meaning he can't actually do anything.

When he's respawning there, the next enemies are already moving. But he's just blasting ahead so the same happens every time.

Or am I remembering completely wrong here? I honestly haven't played U1 since 2008.

Short games with good gameplay, pacing, and stories have good replay value. Padded out games don't.

I tend to replay Uncharted series a lot until my PS3 died in 2009.

Short games with good gameplay, pacing, and stories have good replay value. Padded out games don't.

I tend to replay Uncharted series a lot until my PS3 died in 2009.
Perfect game to pop in for one or two evening and enjoy. I know it's incredibly cliche and said before, but I honestly played Uncharted games in scenarios where in the past I would of popped in a film for the evening.

Does beating a game on any difficulty unlock Brutal? I want all the trophies but I don't want to stomach through Crushing and then have to play them on an even harder difficulty afterwards. If you have to beat Crushing to unlock Brutal, fuck it. I finished 2 and 3 on Crushing so I know I can do that, but it's rough.

bombshell

I don't know if it's been posted, but you can make Uncharted reaction gifs on the game's website.

http://www.unchartedthegame.com/en-us/uncharted-moments/creator

result.gif

TitusTroy

I'm going in fresh never having played any of the previous Uncharted games so it should be a lot of fun, especially playing all 3 games back-to-back...so Hard mode is not recommended for first timers?...how is the challenge in Normal mode?

Flandy

I don't know how some of you people think Drakes Fortune is better than Among Thieves :p

Personally I found the first pretty average. It was enjoyable but I didn't think it was anything special. Wasn't even excited to play 2 back then but I ended up grabbing it anyway and it blew my mind. It was such a huge improvement over the first game

Plasma

Banned
Played through Uncharted 1 which really hasn't held up that well but I started Uncharted 2 today and the difference is like night and day, when you get to Nepal it looks absolutely stunning.

B-Dex

I just wish that rewards were useable in any difficulty once unlocked instead of having to beat that difficulty first.
just salty about crushing still
. But it seems pointless to blow through on a lesser difficulty if I'm gonna have to replay it on crushing for plat anyways. 😩

I just wish that rewards were useable in any difficulty once unlocked instead of having to beat that difficulty first.
just salty about crushing still
. But it seems pointless to blow through on a lesser difficulty if I'm gonna have to replay it on crushing for plat anyways. 😩

The woes of being a trophy whore.

ahdurian

So for someone who hasn't played this, doesn't really liked this genre but does play them from time to time(played the batman games and infamous second son) would you recommend this series?
Still on the fence..

I don't know how some of you people think Drakes Fortune is better than Among Thieves :p

Personally I found the first pretty average. It was enjoyable but I didn't think it was anything special. Wasn't even excited to play 2 back then but I ended up grabbing it anyway and it blew my mind. It was such a huge improvement over the first game

It was a solid first entry with a few hitches in gameplay design, that showed clear promise for a blockbuster sequel. Nothing really more to it than that though I can definitely see people preferring the story since its more personal and the characters are loveable from the start.

Meader

Anyone in the UK not get their copy delivered from The Game Collection? Really unlike them. Friday night plans scuppered!

Alo0oy

Banned

I prefer among thieves personally, but I can see why some people like UC1 more, for some reason the first game had the smartest enemy AI in the series (& easily one of the best & most dynamic AI last generation), the sequels focused on vertical level design and combat options rather than dynamic AI, while the first focused on a more flat level design like Gears & Tomb Raider, but with a far superior AI.

The problem with UC1 was the controls & the gunplay, & it made people not notice the godlike AI in the game.

I prefer among thieves personally, but I can see why some people like UC1 more, for some reason the first game had the smartest enemy AI in the series (& easily one of the best & most dynamic AI last generation), the sequels focused on vertical level design and combat options rather than dynamic AI, while the first focused on a more flat level design like Gears & Tomb Raider, but with a far superior AI.

The problem with UC1 was the controls & the gunplay, & it made people not notice the godlike AI in the game.

My favorite UC game changes each time I play one, but Uncharted 1 will always hold a special place in my heart. I think it has the best story out of all three games, and I REALLY like the singular location. As you play through the game, you can see upcoming locations or past areas if you pay attention, and this level of detail really ties the whole thing together for me and makes me feel as if I'm in a cohesive location.

The world-hopping in U2 and U3 are nice for variety, but I prefer the deserted tropical island setting of the first game.

zsynqx

Were the AI godlike in Uncharted 1? They aren't terrible or anything and they never really glitch out, but what do you believe made them godlike?

My favorite UC game changes each time I play one, but Uncharted 1 will always hold a special place in my heart. I think it has the best story out of all three games, and I REALLY like the singular location. As you play through the game, you can see upcoming locations or past areas if you pay attention, and this level of detail really ties the whole thing together for me and makes me feel as if I'm in a cohesive location.

The world-hopping in U2 and U3 are nice for variety, but I prefer the deserted tropical island setting of the first game.

The thing is once you hit Nepal in Uncharted 2 it is all one singular journey as the train takes you from the urban to snowy environment but I know what you mean about being in one location. Uncharted 3 is the worst at just teleporting you all over the place and never really getting a long stretch of continuous gameplay.

Were the AI godlike in Uncharted 1? They aren't terrible or anything and they never really glitch out, but what do you believe made them godlike?

The thing is once you hit Nepal in Uncharted 2 it is all one singular journey as the train takes you from the urban to snowy environment but I know what you mean about being in one location. Uncharted 3 is the worst at just teleporting you all over the place and never really getting a long stretch of continuous gameplay.
On crushing, their flanking was pretty outstanding.

nded

Every enemy in UC1 is coked out. Wiggling around all over the place and ignoring gunshot wounds until their bodies stop working.

Top Bottom