• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UNCHARTED |OT| The Master Thief Collection

Shin-Ra

Bring back standing on one leg in Uncharted 4.

21738283990_18f1bd24c9_o.png

Alo0oy

Banned
That is the reason why they changed the gunplay, but it's not the reason it does feel better. For gun sounds are much louder/meatier, the visual kickback fmwhen firing is more pronounced and the way enemies react to being hit is several magnitudes better. If they simply cut and pasted UC's gunplay into TLOU it would have been a terrible game from a gameplay perspective.

From the E3 footage, the gunplay is still not as visceral as TLOU, it looks to be a vast improvement over the peashooters in the trilogy nonetheless. I think the game's tone is preventing them from making it any more realistic than it currently is.

Man, having the stealth & improved gunplay from TLOU combined with the verticality & agility from UC is going to make UC4 the best straight up TPS ever.

Finished U:DF and loved every minute of it. Was alot better than I remember it being. BP games have done a fantastic job. Now playing U2, now on my way to the
train

Loving every minute of this. Naughty Dog are so good.

Revven

Boy, this is kinda hard to play after nothing but MGSV and Bloodborne all year.

Coming from V I agree, haha. I keep thinking circle is to reload or R2 is CQC etc etc. Getting more used to it again, though.

On Chapter 8 now in UC1... approaching the first dreaded jetski section. Even though I know what to do, it is still a drag. Good thing ND learned from it in the first game and it isn't something that's present in 2 or 3...

Shin-Ra

The jetski stuff's a piece of piss even on Crushing. You just have to gently expose yourself to only one or two enemies at a time so they can't overwhelm you. There is cover, just less control over movement. Shooting long range with the pistol's really easy with the resolution and framerate upgrade too.

And auto target the barrels.

I've failed some of the platforming early on into UC1 but I'm loving it. This reminds me of a classic 90s adventure platformed. Also Nolan North is top notch, his voice work is slaying me.

zsynqx

From the E3 footage, the gunplay is still not as visceral as TLOU, it looks to be a vast improvement over the peashooters in the trilogy nonetheless. I think the game's tone is preventing them from making it any more realistic than it currently is.

Man, having the stealth & improved gunplay from TLOU combined with the verticality & agility from UC is going to make UC4 the best straight up TPS ever.

That's the hope :) God I am so F'ing hyped for Uncharted 4.

Damn!!! I'd the Watch Dogs audio mode (for Metal Gear) on my Gold headset and I just downloaded the audio mode for Uncharted Collection, I was starting to wonder if these things are a real thing... holy shit!! the difference is substantial!!

Zebra

I'm excited for those playing for the first time.

I wish I could say I'm excited. First time playing, 50% through UC1 and the combat is just not fun. And there is wayy too much of it.

I can see the appeal though and I know UC2 should be better. So, I'm just trying to plow through UC1.

psychotron

I just bought a new Sony receiver and I'm pretty sure I have it set correctly, but some things seem a tiny bit off. Do the guns in Uncharted 1 seem a bit low in the mix? I notice I get a sharper/louder sound when reloading than I do when firing a gun. The music is loud, the dialogue seems clear, the surround sound seems balanced....its just odd. I have it set for AFD mode which is supposed to reproduce whatever is being fed to the receiver. All other processing is turned off.

Damn!!! I'd the Watch Dogs audio mode (for Metal Gear) on my Gold headset and I just downloaded the audio mode for Uncharted Collection, I was starting to wonder if these things are a real thing... holy shit!! the difference is substantial!!
I still use The Infamous Second Son present for everything. Haven't bothered with anything else since it sounds awesome.

hamchan

this is why uncharted 1 crushing was the hardest

Funnily enough I didn't die once during the jet ski part on my crushing run through this time. All you have to do is go slowly, take out the barrels and enemies one at a time instead of dealing with them all at once. Turns out to be a very simple affair.

I'm curious to see people's impressions of it that never played an Uncharted game before!

Also good to hear U1 is good! They must have done some nice stuff to it, because even though I do love it, it is really poor at times (I replayed it a year ago). Can't wait to start this!

MattyG

Banned
I just played through Drake's Fortune on Normal thinking it was Crushing. It crashed during the intro and apparently when I hit "continue" with the corrupted data file it reverted to Normal. I thought it felt easier than it should. Shiiiiiiiit, I'm so pissed. UC1 is my least favorite and I don't want to play it again but I want that plat.

God i forgot how boring UC1 is comapre to UC2 and 3.
Really show how much of a huge advancement UC2 was .
From set pieces , to shooting , movement , cover system basically everything .

KyleCross

I am pissed. Apparently my preorder of the collection on BestBuy.com didn't go through, but my Uncharted 4 preorder did strangely. I show up at the store today and they can't find the order, I check my account myself and yep, not there. Long story short the BB employee talked to someone on the phone for 20 minutes only to say there's nothing they can do about the pre-order DLC, and I had to just buy the game at the store.

I'm quite pissed off. But I guess I'm only missing out on what, some basic outfits for Drake and golden guns?

Grisby

Digging into UC2. 60 FPS uncharted makes the cutscenes and animation all the more cartoony. I've always liked the art style of the series though so it's cool.

I wish I could say I'm excited. First time playing, 50% through UC1 and the combat is just not fun. And there is wayy too much of it.

I can see the appeal though and I know UC2 should be better. So, I'm just trying to plow through UC1.

The first Uncharted has too many enemies per encounter. The pacing has always felt off to me. Uncharted 2 is waaaaay better in this regard.

I like UC1 for the environments and story but good god some of these encounters are the most infuriating things, I'm playing on hard but once you get past the upriver jetski section almost all of the encounters feel incredibly unfair. I have no clue how people beat this thing on the crushing difficulty setting this is making me want to pull my hair out. This final boss isn't much fun either I hope I beat it soon.

Revven

Wow, now I see the complaints about UC1. These shooting galleries are full of bullet sponges. I'm struggling lol...on Normal.

There's only one enemy type that's really a bullet sponge and it's the much fatter/larger looking guys (seriously they don't die from a Wes-44 in one hit, it takes two unlike the rest of the enemies). The rest have all the same HP, are you using the AK a lot? I'd recommend using the pistol more than the AK as the pistol does more damage and you'll land headshots more easily (seriously, go for headshots!)

SeriousApes

Man, it feels good to play this again. I played an hour or so of Drake's Fortune and it brings me back to the first time I played it. Probably one of my most replayed games back in the day. I died a few times during the first wide-open arena shootout on the island, though, haha. Feels better to play with the DS4 for sure.

Loudninja

There's only one enemy type that's really a bullet sponge and it's the much fatter/larger looking guys (seriously they don't die from a Wes-44 in one hit, it takes two unlike the rest of the enemies). The rest have all the same HP, are you using the AK a lot? I'd recommend using the pistol more than the AK as the pistol does more damage and you'll land headshots more easily (seriously, go for headshots!)
Yeah, at this point I dont get it.

Reebot

Heeeeeyyyyy! Non-Drake skins actually get wet now from when you swim or when you touch water. Nice!

(I unlocked Navarro just now in UC1 so that's how I know lol)

Confirmed best remaster, thank you based Bluepoint.

Seriously that's pretty cool.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
I'm not sure what the bullet sponge comments are about either. All the normal enemies go down with three pistol bullets or one headshot.

Wow, now I see the complaints about UC1. These shooting galleries are full of bullet sponges. I'm struggling lol...on Normal.
Heh, I guess I'm the veteran of the series, but for me UC1 is sooo easy playing it on hard in this collection. Improved aiming acceleration and control responsiveness makes it so that I almost never miss. I'm breezing through the game.

NateGrigs

I just bought a new Sony receiver and I'm pretty sure I have it set correctly, but some things seem a tiny bit off. Do the guns in Uncharted 1 seem a bit low in the mix? I notice I get a sharper/louder sound when reloading than I do when firing a gun. The music is loud, the dialogue seems clear, the surround sound seems balanced....its just odd. I have it set for AFD mode which is supposed to reproduce whatever is being fed to the receiver. All other processing is turned off.

Check the audio output option in the game. Make sure its set to the right # of channels and maybe turn down the dynamic range.

Revven

I'm not sure what the bullet sponge comments are about either. All the normal enemies go down with three pistol bullets or one headshot.

Yeah... only way I can think you could feel that way is if you're using any automatic weapons like the AK, M4, or Micro in UC1. And if you're not burst firing with those weapons most of the time you're using them incorrectly.

No reason to not use the pistol over everything unless you literally are low or out of ammo or you flat out have a better weapon for the situation (like a power weapon).

watdaeff4

Somewhat off-topic:

Did anyone else pre-order this digitally through PSN? If so, how long does it take to receive your 10% off discount code?

Just wondering, I pre-ordered this week and was going to try to use it by the end of the month in conjunction with teh spend $100/get $15 promotion

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Reached Chapter 6 in UC1 on Crushing tonight, already over 250 kill count. Seems about right...

nib95

Banned
Got a fair bit in to UDF. As charming and adventurous as ever. Graphically it holds up surprisingly well. Some of the textures are great. Only negative so far really is that I'm finding it a bit easy even on Hard. Maybe I should have attempted Crushing straight away. The amusing thing is that most of my deaths have been from platforming segments. Feel like they've tweaked things a touch to be less automated, unless I'm imaging a difference where there isn't one.

Side note, I think I got a 'follow the leader' Trophy for leading one of the stats compared to those on my friends list. I think it was for getting 12 headshots in a row. Cool that it keeps all these stats.

Top Bottom