• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted |OT|

Yoboman

keyrat said:
I hope they keep the Uncharted series going by creating a completely new adventure, without Drake but with someone else and in a different place.
What the Hell would be the point of that?

Dizzan

MINI Member
Yoboman said:
What the Hell would be the point of that?

It's not that bad of an idea. it all depends how endearing the characters in uncharted become. And how the storyline unfolds.

Also if Drake gets through these pirates and finds the treasure, it's going to be hard to play through the next game with him as an "ordinary, everyday guy" put in a tough situation.

Dizzan said:
It's not that bad of an idea. it all depends how endearing the characters in uncharted become. And how the storyline unfolds.

If it doesn't then there might be another game, a lot of Uncharted is relying on the idea that these characters will be memorable.

Dizzan said:
Also if Drake gets through these pirates and finds the treasure, it's going to be hard to play through the next game as an "ordinary, everyday guy" put in a tough situation.

True, but maybe that can allow them to evolve the gameplay with each edition. Since he won't be an ordinary guy anymore his hand to hand combat could become more evolved, his shooting style more refined ect. Evolve his mechanics with each game. Don't make him into a super soldier or anything but show he's learning as each new game in the series come out.

Dizzan

MINI Member
SolidSnakex said:
True, but maybe that can allow them to evolve the gameplay with each edition. Since he won't be an ordinary guy anymore his hand to hand combat could become more evolved, his shooting style more refined ect. Evolve his mechanics with each game. Don't make him into a super soldier or anything but show he's learning as each new game in the series come out.

That's a very good idea. Either way I'm not bothered cos I have faith that ND and Amy H. can deliver an awesome experience and story regardless. More situations where you are forced to engage in hand to hand combat would be great, focusing a little less on the shooting and more on the platforming and brawling. Awesome.

I also believe the sexual tension between Drake and Elena will be a large part of the story. Hopefully it's not a romantic plot where their silhouettes hookup with the sunset as the backdrop. But it should continue through the trilogy(?)
culminating in a metal bar handjob in the final installment :D

jiggle

Dizzan said:
Hopefully it's not a romantic plot where their silhouettes hookup with the sunset as the backdrop. But it should continue through the trilogy(?)

Surely she'll betray him. :lol........

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
He's not exactly an ordinary, everyday guy now. He's a treasure hunter, has already had run-ins with pirates prior to the events of this game, etc. What makes him "everyday" is that he doesn't have any fancy uber skills - he's not a superspy or or master ninja warrior or some such - but he can get the job done. No real need to evolve his skills anymore than was done with Indiana Jones, just keep putting him in a different adventure that challenge's his resourcefulness.

Mirimar

Welp, add me to the crew of people who bought a PS3 in expectation for the game :lol
Too good a deal to pass up on Craigslist, so I went ahead and snagged it. Getting Everyday Shooter in the meantime.

Dizzan

MINI Member
Mirimar said:
Welp, add me to the crew of people who bought a PS3 in expectation for the game :lol
Too good a deal to pass up on Craigslist, so I went ahead and snagged it. Getting Everyday Shooter in the meantime.

Welcome to the club

jiggle said:
Surely she'll betray him. :lol........

He can do better anyway.

Captain N

I liked in the first 10 minutes when he runs up behind the guy and jumps on his back. I wonder if their legs give out randomly when you do that..now that would be awesome.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Dizzan said:
That's a very good idea. Either way I'm not bothered cos I have faith that ND and Amy H. can deliver an awesome experience and story regardless. More situations where you are forced to engage in hand to hand combat would be great, focusing a little less on the shooting and more on the platforming and brawling. Awesome.

I also believe the sexual tension between Drake and Elena will be a large part of the story. Hopefully it's not a romantic plot where their silhouettes hookup with the sunset as the backdrop. But it should continue through the trilogy(?)

Yes yes that would be nice indeed, come one what names can the the other 2 games in a trilogy have!

Here are my generic titles!

Uncharted: The Sunken Temple
Uncharted: The Fountain of Youth
Uncharted: The Golden Barrelz :D
Uncharted: Hand of Midaz

Dante

:lol I just watched the massive trailer after a play session of Stranglehold, it's like a generational difference in graphics. God I cannot wait for Thursday. I LOVE the voiceover in that trailer, watched it like 5 more times :D

deepbrown

First review is in: and I think i was right.

Nathan Drake is the type of guy that makes the ladies weak at the knee. His arms are tanned and his sleeves are rolled up to show off his muscular forearms. His broad back stretches the fabric of his t-shirt taut and when wet the smooth expanse of his stomach is visible rising out of the waistband of his tight jeans that clung suggestively to his thighs and his firm, tight buttocks. Tall dark and incredibly handsome, his rugged profile is enhanced by his smouldering intense gaze as he wipes the smudge of soot off his strong manly chin……….. I digress.

HAHAHA.:lol :lol :lol

One other thing that has changed in the development process is the amount of blood, now when you pull off that perfect blind fire crotch shot you will be greeted with a pleasant spurt of red liquid…. perfection.

http://www.geekpulp.co.nz/2007/11/04/uncharted-drakes-fortune-review-ps3/

Plus new Uncharted gameplay.
http://gameplanets.blogspot.com/2007/11/22-seconds-of-new-uncharted-gameplay.html

-viper-

Banned
I wouldn't be surprised if reviewers are as critical as possible on Uncharted.

Just like some were on Ratchet and Clank.

deepbrown

Dizzan said:
Wheres tha score??????//

What are we going to bitch about haha

Anyway, nice review. Not that my interest for the game could get any higher but it's nice to hear somebody else vindicating my hype.

I'm not sure if it's a typo...but he says at the end...that basically this is one of the few games he'd want to give a score to...and then he doesn't. I'm guessing it's a he, might be a she after that pining over drake lol

Dizzan

MINI Member
deepbrown said:
I'm not sure if it's a tipo...but he says at the end...that basically this is one of the few games he'd want to give a score to...and then he doesn't. I'm guessing it's a he, might be a she after that pining over drake lol

Yer I noticed that.

Thanks for the review BTW.

I really have no desire to see review scores with Uncharted. It will be great in so many ways that, like the reviewer said, the flaws won't even matter.

deepbrown

Dizzan said:
Yer I noticed that.

Thanks for the review BTW.

I really have no desire to see review scores with Uncharted. It will be great in so many ways that, like the reviewer said, the flaws won't even matter.

I've asked where the score is, and if they've played the full game lol

Dizzan

MINI Member
deepbrown said:
I've asked where the score is, and if they've played the full game lol

I thought the same thing as I was reading it. I could have written a review as vague as that (although they noted the extra blood in the final version)
and I've never played it. Probably trying to get the first review out there for some attention.

deepbrown

Dizzan said:
I thought the same thing as I was reading it. I could have written a review as vague as that (although they noted the extra blood in the final version)
and I've never played it. Probably trying to get the first review out there for some attention.

He could have played the first level...and maybe he doesn't give a score because he's not allowed to yet..

waxer

For non New Zealanders that dont know who geekpulp are im wondering how you found that review in the first place :). The statement with the score means brian liked it alot. Not actually to give it a number value. And no They dont give a score to games but instead go by the "read the text" ideal so many (1up) talk about on ocassion.

deepbrown

waxer said:
For non New Zealanders that dont know who geekpulp are im wondering how you found that review in the first place :). The statement with the score means brian liked it alot. Not actually to give it a number value.

SO it is a typo then...because he says "Some games I want to give a score, this is one of them", whereas it should be "Some games I don't want to give a score to, this is one of them".

And why doesn't he want to give it a score? What's wrong with it? Is he not allowed to give a score? Does he feel bad because he hasn't played the full game yet, since getting the first review in gets you a lot of traffic? What are the "few flaws"? The smoke clouds? (which i like)

I found it because Brian posted it on N4g.com

deepbrown

waxer said:
For non New Zealanders that dont know who geekpulp are im wondering how you found that review in the first place :). The statement with the score means brian liked it alot. Not actually to give it a number value. And no They dont give a score to games but instead go by the "read the text" ideal so many (1up) talk about on ocassion.

That's all well and good...and I like that, but it's still a friggin typo then!

Plus "dust off your PS3?"...we've all been playing Warhawk, Heavenly Sword and Ratchet (I wish) thank you.

sinnergy

deepbrown said:
That's all well and good...and I like that, but it's still a friggin typo then!

Plus "dust off your PS3?"...we've all been playing Warhawk, Heavenly Sword and Ratchet (I wish) thank you.

I have a PS3, and I have Warhawk, but mine still has been collecting dust, so I understand what he means. R&C is not out in PALland btw.

waxer

Geekpulp is a gamer/fan made review/blog site. They host online comps with sponsered prizes have a podcast and get to attend nz pr events, review and preview games give away more free stuff like games before they are out.
One of the advantages of being in a small country no doubt (Not to discredit the hard work they put in)

deepbrown

sinnergy said:
I have a PS3, and I have Warhawk, but mine still has been collecting dust, so I understand what he means. R&C is not out in PALland btw.

I know, I live in the UK. And yes the PS3 collects dust lol but the implications were different.

waxer said:

What an amazing concept they thought of. No site should say "read the text" as long as they're giving scores out. It'd be interesting if any big US review sites/magazines ever decided to go text only.

Wollan

Blablurn said:
It sucks to be European. We have to wait till December -.-.
Butbut, demo next week!
orgasm060906_400x700.jpg

Salazar

kaching said:
He's not exactly an ordinary, everyday guy now. He's a treasure hunter, has already had run-ins with pirates prior to the events of this game, etc. What makes him "everyday" is that he doesn't have any fancy uber skills - he's not a superspy or or master ninja warrior or some such - but he can get the job done. No real need to evolve his skills anymore than was done with Indiana Jones, just keep putting him in a different adventure that challenge's his resourcefulness.

Tintin. Already mentioned once in this thread - and the more I think about it, Uncharted and Tintin and the Black Island do go together pretty sweetly.

I think 'intrepid' is the key adjective.

deepbrown said:
SO it is a typo then...because he says "Some games I want to give a score, this is one of them", whereas it should be "Some games I don't want to give a score to, this is one of them".

And why doesn't he want to give it a score? What's wrong with it? Is he not allowed to give a score? Does he feel bad because he hasn't played the full game yet, since getting the first review in gets you a lot of traffic? What are the "few flaws"? The smoke clouds? (which i like)

I found it because Brian posted it on N4g.com

I think it was more along the lines of "this game is so good I want to give it a really high score even though we don't give scores."

Also, anyone who owns Warhawk and a PS3 and claims they've got nothing to play, what's wrong with you? Seriously.

antiloop

waxer said:

wow! awesome site. :)

Kyoufu

freethought said:
Also, anyone who owns Warhawk and a PS3 and claims they've got nothing to play, what's wrong with you? Seriously.

I have Warhawk and I've been playing more PS2 games than it or anything else. The game is mediocre. No depth, glitchy to all hell and match-making has been a shambles. They should've stuck with the single-player game.

Anyways back to Schicksal. I'm going to import it. I doubt the game will support SDTVs over in PAL-land and its coming out later right?

Pachimari

I'm probably gonna play through the review copy next week, as my boss'll probably get it by monday.

But can anyone tell me, where I can buy the american version if I live in Europe?
Thanks.

spwolf

Kyoufu said:
No depth, glitchy to all hell and match-making has been a shambles. They should've stuck with the single-player game.

woa, i want whatever you are smoking. it bends reality.

Kyoufu

spwolf said:
woa, i want whatever you are smoking. it bends reality.

Well thank fuck you don't agree.

(neutral) spwolf
If this poster agrees with you, you're doing something very wrong.
(Today, 01:48 PM)

spwolf

Kyoufu said:

(neutral) spwolf

good for you, good for you. I heard Simpsons game is good, check it out.

deepbrown

Kyoufu said:

(neutral) spwolf

Warhawk...I hate online. But Warhawk is the best online I've ever played. I WUV IT. And I rock at hit. And there's so much depth...I mean you can fly a friggin Warhawk lol. No glitches here...and matchmaking has been fixed. I have friends everywhere to play against though, from neogaf to B3d (CLAN LEADER WOOOO) lol

deepbrown

freethought said:
I think it was more along the lines of "this game is so good I want to give it a really high score even though we don't give scores."

Still doesn't read right if those were the intentions :)

Opus Angelorum said:
The shadows cast by Drake on the walls look amazing.
SUrprised you could see that...the quality sucks.

You buy SOTC yet?

Top Bottom