• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted |OT|

deepbrown said:
pussy:lol

1: SOTC
2:ICO
3:Heavenly Sword - the moment hen you have to fight your "brothers" and one wrong move will kill them, with the beautiful music and horrible comments from Bohan making you angry...really when the camera sweeps in every time you
paralyse
someone, it was really quite touching and powerful.

Ok now I'm the pussy :lol

:D

Awntawn said:
Crisis Core ;oooooo

You have my attention, elaborate please.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
deepbrown said:
And I'm so hoping for incidental conversation like we saw in POP:SOT...that would make the game for me....that takes it into "classic" territory
SoT had it, MGS3 had it (remember, the wounded girl) but neither of those two games did it all that well. We'll see how Uncharted fares there, but you can bet the convo of that kind will be in the game.

deepbrown

Opus Angelorum said:
Why is Uncharted only £34 in the UK? First party?

Correct...should be reduced to £32 :p

And this is great. We're talking about FOUR of my favorite games...POP, ICO, SOTC and TR in the Uncharted thread. Uncharted has everything there...and I just hope it doesn't get put down by stupid FPS fans, but I think even Uncharted is trying to cater to those weird shooter lovers too.

deepbrown said:
Correct...should be £32 :p

And this is great. We're talking about two of my favorite games...POP and TR in the Uncharted thread. Uncharted has everything there...and I just hope it doesn't get put down by stupid FPS fans, but I think even Uncharted is trying to cater to those weird shooter lovers too.

It just makes me all the more excited to see what Team Ico can do (I don't mean to keep derailing).

deepbrown

Opus Angelorum said:
It just makes me all the more excited to see what Team Ico can do (I don't mean to keep derailing).

Indeed. The exciting thing is...they aren't going to be making SOTC on the PS3...it's going to be something original! Aren't many devs out there that do that. PS. SOTC will be in GAME...they have been getting some big shipments of it, and apparently everyone asks for it...and the people who work there don't really know what it is lol. I bought it online for £17.99 i think...special edition with art cards.

Ploid 3.0

Opus Angelorum said:
Sounds awesome, at times playing Ico I felt genuine sadness when I thought I couldn't reach Yorda.

I adore games that can provoke emotion.

Agro may make a grown man cry.

deepbrown

Loudninja said:
Can we get back on topic now? :D

What else is there to talk about!? Shall we just copy and paste the epic "the animation isn't great/the animation is amazing" comments from the B3d thread? :lol

VonGak!

Banned
deepbrown said:
What else is there to talk about!? Shall we just copy and paste the epic "the animation isn't great/the animation is amazing" comments from the B3d thread? :lol

I'd like a FREE gif animator. ^.^

deepbrown

VonGak! said:
I'd like a FREE gif animator. ^.^

We need Raist :(

My favorite comment from tfk:

If the game looks like the gifs and the demostration videos we have seen.. then what?

We wait for you to buy a PS3 and the game and see it on your own tv before you "believe" it.

THEN WHAT INDEED! I just found it quite hilarious how it was said the animation wasn't great, and then I showed the gifs...and they were like "oh shit it's amazing"...."uh it's a cutscene...must be". That's how good the animation was, they thought it was a friggin cutscene. So THEN WHAT indeedy deedy:lol

Kittonwy

Banned
deepbrown said:
Indeed. The exciting thing is...they aren't going to be making SOTC on the PS3...it's going to be something original! Aren't many devs out there that do that. PS. SOTC will be in GAME...they have been getting some big shipments of it, and apparently everyone asks for it...and the people who work there don't really know what it is lol. I bought it online for £17.99 i think...special edition with art cards.

Naughty Dog, Insomniac and Sucker Punch all worked on new IPs, I think it's cool that SCEWW is pushing for new IPs instead of just milking the existing franchises they've built rawr.
Indifferent2.gif

deepbrown

Kittonwy said:
Naughty Dog, Insomniac and Sucker Punch all worked on new IPs, I think it's cool that SCEWW is pushing for new IPs instead of just milking the existing franchises they've built rawr.
Indifferent2.gif

I know I know...but Uncharted 2... etc (And I'm very happy about that btw...just Team ICO don't really do franchises, they mix it up)

Justin Dailey said:
1. Agro (horse from SotC)
2. The girl from ICO
3. Alyx from HL2

Might be interesting to note that those were three of the games Amy Hennig cited as influences for Elena and Sully in a GI interview awhile back. She said something about how early on the team was bringing up games that managed to engage them emotionally and (not surprisingly) the list was dreadfully short. But the ones that pulled it off seemed to have a common theme, NPCs you became attached to throughout the course of the game. I'd probably go a little broader on the ingredients of that myself, but strong NPC interaction is definitely is an affective device when executed well.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Justin Dailey said:
Is the rest of the "Explore" game up the uncharted website?
Not yet, but the rest of the ARG is progressing.

On www.sullivansstories.com there's a short podcast that you can listen to that's basically saying the next progression of the game will in part be through real life posters or street art that should show up in some of the bigger cities.

Sorry to hijack this thread, but has there been any talk about supernatural enemies or story line? In the trailer you can clearly see the guy being afraid of something "else" (i.e. : Not Nathan or the man-jaw), so I'd guess they have some zombies or monsters in it, right?

That would really, really be cool.

deepbrown

Littleberu said:
Sorry to hijack this thread, but has there been any talk about supernatural enemies or story line? In the trailer you can clearly see the guy being afraid of something "else" (i.e. : Not Nathan or the man-jaw), so I'd guess they have some zombies or monsters in it, right?

SHHHHH WE'RE NOT TALKING ABOUT THAT. All we know is that Sir Francis Drake is still alive and has evolved into a Lama.

Kosma

Banned
Littleberu said:
Sorry to hijack this thread, but has there been any talk about supernatural enemies or story line?

You can bet on it.

deepbrown said:
SHHHHH WE'RE NOT TALKING ABOUT THAT. All we know is that Sir Francis Drake is still alive and has evolved into a Lama.

The Chinese won't approve. Last I heard you need a permit to reincarnate nowadays in Tibet.
Communism <3

jmd494

Littleberu said:

Either there more monsters or maybe they were so afraid of the curse (that didn't even really exist that that they fooled themselves into believing it)

Kittonwy

Banned
Justin Dailey said:
Either there more monsters or maybe they were so afraid of the curse (that didn't even really exist that that they fooled themselves into believing it)

Something bad is definitely happening on the island, the blood-red sunset is very creepy indeed rawr.
Indifferent2.gif

VonGak!

Banned
Littleberu said:

No, monsters would be too easy and cheesy.

It's not really scary when one kills zombies by the dozen, I learned that from RE games and the RE + Mummy movies.

It's has to be more over in the genre of the supernatural in Indy movies.

Awntawn

Opus Angelorum said:
You have my attention, elaborate please.
I can't guarantee that they won't completely butcher and destroy the effect with localization, but as it is, a culmination of elements throughout the story and even gameplay elements, coupled with the pretty much perfect presentation will work their magic and have you bawling at the end. A lot of people play their handhelds looking down over it, make sure you angle it up when finishing up this one or else you'll get a really nice rainbow-effect on your display.

Salazar

Justin Dailey said:

I'm thinking Ranko from Tintin and the Black Island. For those who have (criminally) not read it, that's an enormous ape that forgers on a Scottish island keep around to scare folks off. Ranko's a good sort, really - just in a bad situation, lurking around a ruined castle.

Hope Uncharted fans are on board for the Indy game next year.

spwolf

Salazar said:
I'm thinking Ranko from Tintin and the Black Island.

I hope there is Uncharted 2 next year, just in time for Indy release :lol

Because we all know what official game will be like.

Awntawn said:
A lot of people play their handhelds looking down over it, make sure you angle it up when finishing up this one or else you'll get a really nice rainbow-effect on your display.

Wow, now I just need a PSP :)

VonGak!

Banned
Salazar said:
I'm thinking Ranko from Tintin and the Black Island.

Who wouldn't be with the amazing potential and tech? I'm already hyping the Lego game.

Let's just hope they'll take some pointers from Uncharted and they'll also bring back the puzzles from the good ol' Indy adventure titles.

One thing is for sure, no Infernal Machine! Or I'll go on a fanboy crusade.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Salazar said:
If it's any good, I'm there. Indy P&C games (especially the Atlantis one) are some of my favorite games I've ever played. I can't wait to find some time to replay Atlantis on my PSP, now with voice acting that I didn't have when I first played it. On the other hand, the Indy action games that came after are best forgotten they ever existed as far as I'm concerned.

VonGak!

Banned
Marconelly said:
If it's any good, I'm there. Indy P&C games (especially the Atlantis one) are some of my favorite games I've ever played. I can't wait to find some time to replay Atlantis on my PSP, now with voice acting that I didn't have when I first played it. On the other hand, the Indy action games that came after are best forgotten they ever existed as far as I'm concerned.

Good taste in Indy games you have. ^.^

Kittonwy

Banned
Salazar said:
I'm thinking Ranko from Tintin and the Black Island. For those who have (criminally) not read it, that's an enormous ape that forgers on a Scottish island keep around to scare folks off. Ranko's a good sort, really - just in a bad situation, lurking around a ruined castle.

Frankly I don't have a lot of faith in Lucas Arts delivering a great Indy game next year, they just don't have remotely the kind of talent Naughty Dog has right now.
Indifferent2.gif

jiggle

That first 10 minutes vidoe is great :D I'm loving the CS dialogs (stopped it half way, cuz it really was too much spoiler...).
Favorite part was seeing that I could adjust the aiming sensitivity :D

deepbrown

ps. "This is a fictional website created for Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune promotional purposes. We apologize for any inconvenience caused if you thought this was a real website." Doesn't that kind of defeat the object? I expect there's been some movements in the law for these campaigns. I expect some people have got their sue stick out because they thought these things were real. PEH

deepbrown

http://www.brothersofdrake.com/ this viral advertising gets more interesting....we need people to look out for weird posters.

interesting.

ps. did anyone know that Jericho had viral advertising...weird videos on youtube of crazy people lol

b3d slider:

Just saw the Gamer TV special. Was quite interesting. The story certainly seems engaging.

Amy and Evan seem like two confident individuals (in a good way).

They also covered the AI system. I've never seen games demoed like that before. Was quite interesting. Basically they showed where enemies vision was focused and where they could hear things from... I'll stop there because I'm not explaining it very well.

They also had a demo of "danger awareness" for Elena (and I suppose it must also work for the enemies). Basically a load of green, orange or red cones all over the environment that are considered by the NPC AI when that NPC is moving around the environment. Obviously they didn't go into great detail about how agressive it was but the example they gave was if a NPC had seen a grenade go off somewhere it would flag the area with red cones.

Kosma

Banned
deepbrown said:
ps. did anyone know that Jericho had viral advertising...weird videos on youtube of crazy people lol

I think those are actual people that paid 60 for the game.

deepbrown

oo Kosma oo said:
I think those are actual people that paid 60 for the game.

:0

OK this is a serious comment. Guys loved playing Tomb Raider because of Lara Croft...big knockers, and you watched her ass as you controlled her. Now Drake is a handsome fella...do you think he'll bring in the female (and gay male) audiences who want to "play with him" and "get him wet" :lol

haha why did I ask this?

Wollan

Just came back from seeing Elizabeth The Golden Age.

Sir Francis Drake had a 2min cameo, kicking spanish ass in the english channel.

Kittonwy

Banned
jiggle said:
In that video, I just noticed Drake's shirt used to be
white
:lol

Yeah on the boat when he was talking to Sully it was white and clean, then it turned into a rag that one uses to wash the toilet, maybe Drake just likes to roll around in the mud or something. Thank god Elena doesn't end up anywhere nearly as filthy.
Indifferent2.gif

deepbrown

Kittonwy said:
Yeah on the boat when he was talking to Sully it was white and clean, then it turned into a rag that one uses to wash the toilet, maybe Drake just likes to roll around in the mud or something. Thank god Elena doesn't end up anywhere nearly as filthy.
Indifferent2.gif

Until you get to play as/with her :D

Rolf NB

deepbrown said:
:0

OK this is a serious comment. Guys loved playing Tomb Raider because of Lara Croft...big knockers, and you watched her ass as you controlled her. Now Drake is a handsome fella...do you think he'll bring in the female (and gay male) audiences who want to "play with him" and "get him wet" :lol

haha why did I ask this?
Drake=teh Nekkid patch.
DLC 5.99$

Believe.

Top Bottom