• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted |OT|

Firewire

Banned

lama likes rawr! ;)

:lol

jetjevons

Bish loves my games!
Some of these EGM review comments are hysterical. EGM gave it a Silver award! That means they think it's a good game! Almost a great game.

Isn't that a good thing? Am I missing something here?

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
jetjevons said:
Some of these EGM review comments are hysterical. EGM gave it a Silver award! That means they think it's a good game! Almost a great game.

They're great scores!

except when you read the faults like saying its not original and then rating COD4 and Halo3 extremely high, on an original IP no less, and even worst Rachet got better scores ;)

jetjevons said:

It probably wouldn't be such a big deal if EGM was just a tad bit more consistent with standards, and wasn't so damned loose with giving out 10s. It's popular to say "since when is [x] a bad score, but 1up is kind of responsible for screwing up the definitions. And some context doesn't hurt either.

jetjevons

Bish loves my games!
PistolGrip said:
They great scores!

except when you read the faults like saying its not original and then rating COD4 and Halo3 extremely high, and even worst Rachet got better scores ;)

Ratchet was freakin' awesome IMO. If Uncharted ends up being even close to that good I'm going to be a happy man come November 15 (or whenever)

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
jetjevons said:
Ratchet was freakin' awesome IMO. If Uncharted ends up being even close to that good I'm going to be a happy man come November 15 (or whenever)
no doubt! Rachet was one of the best games I have played this year.

you're bias! ;P

TEH-CJ

Banned
jetjevons said:

Woot that reminds me, i pick up RC tomoz :D

Firewire

Banned
JB1981 said:
Um. No comment :lol

Yeah no comment alright!

From JB1981:
"Another comparison: Another 360 victory - is it time to just call this thing or what?"

"Is it about time to settle this argument? Is it time to stop suggesting that the gap in quality across both platforms is due to developer incompetence and start facing the reality that the 360 is just the stronger, more agile, more developer-friendly platform?"

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=207942

J-Rzez

Mammothtank said:
I can't see any game for the PS3 ever getting a 10 rating. For some reason, flaws in PS3 games are worth more penelties in the eyes of the media and I can't see this changing.

This is actually the damned truth right here. And it's sad. Honestly, you have to seriously wonder what is going on? Is it that Sony doesn't cater as much to them? Is it that MS sends them free stuff all the time? Honestly, it actually seems like they're trying to help bury Sony.

After Gears and Halo receiving 10's, it's not hard to think that. Terrible games? No. Plagued with lots of distracting flaws? YES. But it's not held against them. It's not "all" outlets though. There are some major offenders and EGM/1up is one of them.

I can't wait for the snarky remarks I get quoted with, but if you can't admit that when a publication is basically saying, "yes, there's flaws with the gameplay, story, features, online, originality, but we're still giving it a 10" while something that comes out that's not as apparently flawed, looks and sounds better, but it gets dubbed "not that original" and being held to that is serious bullshit.

Just do what I do and adopt appropriate scale adjustments to scores to get the proper rating.

Firewire said:
Yeah no comment alright!

From JB1981:
"Another comparison: Another 360 victory - is it time to just call this thing or what?"

"Is it about time to settle this argument? Is it time to stop suggesting that the gap in quality across both platforms is due to developer incompetence and start facing the reality that the 360 is just the stronger, more agile, more developer-friendly platform?"

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=207942

No offense to JB, but boy was that a dumb, uneducated and ignorant post.

J-Rzez said:
This is actually the damned truth right here. And it's sad. Honestly, you have to seriously wonder what is going on? Is it that Sony doesn't cater as much to them? Is it that MS sends them free stuff all the time? Honestly, it actually seems like they're trying to help bury Sony.

Not that I enjoy playing devil's advocate, and this is certainly not in defense of the unwashed critics, but I think Sony is being held to its E3 05 "promises".

Zen

Banned
The honest truth is it is a culture war that Microsoft has been much better at fighting and while that doesn't influence the journalists (or at least most of them) consciously, it does, overtime, along with the things Microsoft has done on their platform to instrust goodwill, effect people subconsciously. That is the truth, just look at a lot of the scores the 360 got during the launch period, and then only later did they admit to having launch goggles. There weren't any goggles or loads of free stuff for the PS3 launch that's for sure. There is the "le roi est morte" factor in there two, watching someone else rise while cheering on the downfall of another.

dralla

I'm not sure why people are complaining. 1up docked points off Gears of War for its lack of originality, lame puzzles, and character sterotypes too. right?

:]

Wow just playing the demo right now and at the very begging where Drakes talking I took out his gun and switched the shoulder view left to right and the dialog started coming out of the left speaker then the right speaker! Pretty damn cool, those kinds of little touches really bring you into the game.

Firewire

Banned
Latter Opus!

I'm out! gotta go drinking with the boys! I'm off on a mission to harass women at the bar tonight! First one to get slapped pays no tab! ;)

deepbrown

I think we should dedicate songs to Uncharted.

I dedicate 'Amazona' by Roxy Music to Uncharted.

And i dedicate 'Passion' by Peter Gabriel to AC.

And 'Animals' by Talking Heads to the Barralama. "I found animals don't help. Animals think they're pretty smart. Shit on the ground, seeing in the dark" :D

And "Don't you worry about a thing" By Stevie Wonder for us.

Bebpo

Banned
If Uncharted is as fun as Ratchet I'm fine with that. I don't care if the PS3 has ZOMG GOTY titles, just give me a steady stream of fun, enjoyable titles each month and I'll be happy.

Bebpo said:
If Uncharted is as fun as Ratchet I'm fine with that. I don't care if the PS3 has ZOMG GOTY titles, just give me a steady stream of fun, enjoyable titles each month and I'll be happy.

Much better than a steady stream of ZOMG GOTY titles ;)

Bebpo said:

QFT. In its first year all I ask for are a few solid, entertaining titles and we're getting those. Whether or not they're considered AAA by the press doesn't matter to me. There'll be plenty of those next year.

Top Bottom