• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted |OT|

Erebus

dralla said:
is there an install option on the final game?

Look post #6603

....We're only using the hard drive as a cache, the game doesn't need to be installed, but the fact the hard drive is on every PlayStation 3 helped our streaming technology dramatically.

Firewire

Banned
Mesijs said:
I don't think in 9.5's or 9.4's, only in a 9 or a 10. I will talk about it with my editor in chief and play the game some more (although I already completed it and playing it again) and then make my decision. My intention is to give it a 9 but my review sounds like a 10. Still have to think about what those ratings exactly mean, as I made our review ratings document myself. So it's a tough decisions, but right now I feel like giving it a 9. It's such an extremely great game, but I didn't have this 'pure classic' feeling I had with Mafia and Resident Evil 4, for example.

Yeah but you liked it you called it a "extremely great game" you played it twice & its sounds like you want to play it more, doesn't that count for something? I think you should give it a fair score, but to me it sounds like you want to give it a 10.

Mesijs said:
I don't think in 9.5's or 9.4's, only in a 9 or a 10. I will talk about it with my editor in chief and play the game some more (although I already completed it and playing it again) and then make my decision. My intention is to give it a 9 but my review sounds like a 10. Still have to think about what those ratings exactly mean, as I made our review ratings document myself. So it's a tough decisions, but right now I feel like giving it a 9. It's such an extremely great game, but I didn't have this 'pure classic' feeling I had with Mafia and Resident Evil 4, for example.

Well if your writing sounds like a 10 but it gets a 9 it will simply sound like every review I have read today.

Loudninja said:
did you jsut comapre Uncharted to Just Cause :0
No.:lol
I was just explaining how I enjoy simply gaming. Whether Drake clips a tree or not won't effect me.
I also didn't mind Pirates of the Carribean. Yes I am the one that buys these games.:D

CitizenCope said:
I was just explaining how I enjoy simply gaming. Whether Drake clips a tree or not won't effect me.
I also didn't mind Pirates of the Carribean. Yes I am the one that buys these games.:D

what about one piece

CitizenCope said:

HAHA then get ready to bust all your mind grapes once you play uncharted.

Erebus

CitizenCope said:

Did you just compare Uncharted to the Pirates of the Carribean??

Mesijs said:

if its any help, neither res 4 or mafia seemed like a pure classic to me

Loudninja

CitizenCope said:

Did you just say Drake loves to clip though trees :0

the_id

CitizenCope said:
Then you better stay away from game forums especially GAF. Some of the bitching, knit picking can have a terrible effect on your mindset on games...just saying.

Firewire

Banned
CitizenCope said:
:lol
Funny stuff guys.
Enjoy. I won't be able to play it until I pick a PS3 after the holidays.
Stealth xbot?!?!? ;)

BURN HIM! :lol

Untitled-1.jpg

Fady K

Ok, Game Informer is just pathetic with their reviews nowadays. I browsed through some of their reviews, look at some of their other review scores for example:

Prince of Persia: Warrior Within - 9.25
True Crime 2 - 8.75
Wild Arms 4 - 7 / Wild Arms 5 - 6.5 :/
Grandia III - 8.75
Shadow Hearts 2 8.25 / Shadow Hearts 3 - 8.75
Suikoden IV - 8.5 / Suikoden V - 7.5
Prey - 9.5
Yakuza - 6
Death Jr 2 - 8.25
Tales of Legendia 8.5 / Tales of the Abyss 7.25
Scarface - 8.5
Elite Beat Agents - 6.75
Tony Hawks Project 8 - 9
Zelda: Twilight Princess - 10
Red Steel - 7.5
Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin - 9
Hotel Dusk: Room 215 - 7
Sonic and the Secret Rings - 5.5
Final Fantasy IV Advance - 9.25 / Final Fantasy VI Advance 9
Dawn of Mana - 7
Final Fantasy Fables Chocobo Tales - 6.5
Super Paper Mario - 9.5
Etrian Odyssey - 6 / Luminous Arc - 6
Spider-Man 2 7 / Spider-Man 3 8
The Darkness - 8.75
Bioshock - 10
Heavenly Sword - 8.75
Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles - 7
Fatal Inertia - 7.5
Boogie - 7.75
MySims - 8
Assassin's Creed - 9.5
Call of Duty 4 - 10
Dementium - 5.75
Silent Hill 2 - 7 / Silent Hill 3 - 8.25/ Silent Hill 4 - 8.5 / Silent Hill Origins 7.75

Game Informer doesnt know shit about whats good!

KTallguy

Banned
Fady K said:
True Crime 2 - 8.75
Grandia III - 8.75
Prey - 9.5
Yakuza - 6
Death Jr 2 - 8.25
Scarface - 8.5
Elite Beat Agents - 6.75
Tony Hawks Project 8 - 9
Red Steel - 7.5
Dawn of Mana - 7
Super Paper Mario - 9.5
The Darkness - 8.75
Bioshock - 10
Heavenly Sword - 8.75

Fatal Inertia - 7.5
Boogie - 7.75
MySims - 8
Assassin's Creed - 9.5
Call of Duty 4 - 10
Dementium - 5.75
Silent Hill 2 - 7 / Silent Hill 3 - 8.25/ Silent Hill 4 - 8.5 / Silent Hill Origins 7.75

Wow.

MoeB

Fady K said:
Ok, Game Informer is just pathetic with their reviews nowadays. I browsed through some of their reviews, look at some of their other review scores for example:

True Crime 2 - 8.75
Grandia III - 8.75
Prey - 9.5
Yakuza - 6
Death Jr 2 - 8.25
Scarface - 8.5
Elite Beat Agents - 6.75
Tony Hawks Project 8 - 9
Red Steel - 7.5
Dawn of Mana - 7
Super Paper Mario - 9.5
The Darkness - 8.75
Bioshock - 10
Heavenly Sword - 8.75
Fatal Inertia - 7.5
Boogie - 7.75
MySims - 8
Assassin's Creed - 9.5
Call of Duty 4 - 10
Dementium - 5.75

wow @ the boogie score...

The Chef

Fady K said:

True Crime 2 - 8.75
Grandia III - 8.75
Prey - 9.5
Yakuza - 6
Death Jr 2 - 8.25
Scarface - 8.5
Elite Beat Agents - 6.75
Tony Hawks Project 8 - 9
Red Steel - 7.5
Dawn of Mana - 7
Super Paper Mario - 9.5
The Darkness - 8.75
Bioshock - 10
Heavenly Sword - 8.75
Fatal Inertia - 7.5
Boogie - 7.75
MySims - 8
Assassin's Creed - 9.5
Call of Duty 4 - 10
Dementium - 5.75

:O

Loudninja

You love:
Top-notch production values
Fun story and endearing characters
Jaw-dropping water effects

You Hate:
Focuses on style over substance
Jet Ski sequences are awkward
Gunfights often more grueling than fun

What a joke

Gunfights often more grueling than fun

Heh I remember when videos not too long ago came out and people were talking about how the AI looks dumb. Now we're at the point where the game is being docked points because it's too hard for people.

steve

Banned
k79 said:
Right ... so im looking at Uncharted's Metacritic score and they included the same 8.5 review twice (1up/EGM).Same conclusion 'n all :/

wtf is up with that?
MetaCritic takes scores from the various media outlets, it doesn't recognize EGM adn 1up as one entity, they are independant resources that people may look to for scores, thus are entered individually.

Fady K said:
Man these reviews are #@!%ing pathetic.

Expect worse. Much worse. I don't give a crap what anyone says now, PS3 exclusives can not catch a fucking break.

Loudninja said:
The cons are so crap. also the review is so fucking short

Given the state of game stories these days, yes. That's just pathetic.

Fady K

AltogetherAndrews said:
Expect worse. Much worse. I don't give a crap what anyone says now, PS3 exclusives can not catch a fucking break.

Seriously. Did you see their cons???? For the sites that mentioned cons, its downright stupid, and for the sites that praised it to death gave it a 9 or 9.1 :/

deepbrown

Mesijs said:
I know you don't think in 9.5's or 9.4's...but what I was saying is that you know it's closer to a 10 than it is to a 9...and a 9.5 has to be rounded up to a 10 :)

Top Bottom