• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted |OT|

Evazan

aka [CFD] El Capitan
Wow that gamepro review was terrible. It sounds like the guy just sucked at it to me. Complaining about how its too hard to aim when you get shot and the screen turns black and white?.....Really?....like...for reals?

[CFD] El Capitan said:
Wow that gamepro review was terrible. It sounds like the guy just sucked at it to me. Complaining about how its too hard to aim when you get shot and the screen turns black and white?.....Really?....like...for reals?

Yeah that is just rediculous

Well, Games radar, UDF: 8, TR: A: 9, Smackdown: 8, NFSPS: 9.

I have no diea if those guys were moneyhatted, or if they are just biased.

deepbrown

I just thought you'd like to know. The Gamepro preview of the demo is 3pages long Guess what people GAMEPRO WANTED HITS...you get 4times as many on the day the first reviews are released. Watch a bunch of dick heads...selfish little money grubbing c*nts

k79

Banned
Kittonwy said:
That review makes no fucking sense.

Challenging enemy AIs are bad.

Responsive platforming controls are bad.

Challenging gameplay is bad.

Story that are classic pulp fiction is bad.

Like wtf. Unbelievable.
Indifferent2.gif

One review is even more shite than the other.Just when you think you've just read the worst review ever, some other reviewer prick tops it.Im just expecting Gamespot to finish me off when their review eventually goes up.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
TEH-CJ said:
Next up gamespot!

mark my words people it will not score over an 8.
7.5!? Limit your expectations damnit. This is Gamespot we're talking about here after all. ;)
My GS prediction: 6.5-7.0

deepbrown

[CFD] El Capitan said:
Hence you wait behind cover to heal..tw*t (gamepro that is) Can you see while your nearly dead? The B&W is a punishment for you sucking at the game, retard

deepbrown

So who wants to bombard gamepro with angry emails/messages. Because that is just ridiculous, at least Gamesradar gave some effort to their trolling. That retard didn't even finish playing the game, he didn't have time to write a review and that's his effort. If that guy isn't 13, he bloody well should be ashamed and should quit any form of journalism altogether.

Loudninja

Man that was so damn funny reading that review.What did he want? a 30 button press combo to jump? they made it easy ,simple, and fun

TheDuce22

Banned
The average reviews are the result of plants Microsoft has meticulously placed throughout the gaming media. Its sad that the sony fans here at NEOGAF are the only people aware of this. Spread the word people! The world must know!!

TEH-CJ

Banned
deepbrown said:
So who wants to bombard gamepro with angry emails/messages. Because that is just ridiculous, at least Gamesradar gave some effort to their trolling.

I think we should to all fucking publicants in general.

its beyond a jk now.

Evazan

aka [CFD] El Capitan
I'm actually surprised to see some 9s in the reviews though. I was expecting much more hate than this.

Also whats up with 1up or Gamepro not even mentioning there is no load time? That adds a lot to a game. It pulls you out of the experience if you are waiting 5 mins between levels.

deepbrown

TEH-CJ said:
I think we should to all fucking publicants in general.

its beyond a jk now.
I don't know about that. The negative subconcious towards the ps3 is generally deserved, but when it comes to individual developers making games it's a kick in the fucking balls. ND know their game is bloody A-Class and if I was them I'd try and get away from Sony and start making 360 games. It's the only way their work will get the credit it deserves, and the sales they need for profit.

-viper-

Banned
Reading GamePro's review has given me reason to believe that Microsoft have paid off some reviewers to purposely give poorer scores to PS3 games to not attract consumers to the games.

jetjevons

Bish loves my games!
Wollan said:
102 minutes of video (~60min game cutscenes, ~40min behind scenes material)

Also, for the new page:

IGN 9.1
EuroGamer 9
Gametap 9
Gamespy 9
GameInformer 8.75 & 9
1up/EGM: 8.5

TTP 9
Portuguese Max Console mag 9
Danish website 9.5

Well hot damn! Argh I need one of those time rewind thingies from Prisoner of Azkaban so I can play all these freakin' great games!

Loudninja

[CFD] El Capitan said:
I'm actually surprised to see some 9s in the reviews though. I was expecting much more hate than this.

Also whats up with 1up or Gamepro not even mentioning there is no load time? That adds a lot to a game. It pulls you out of the experience if you are waiting 5 mins between levels.

the reivews scores been very good, high eights, and low nines, but the reviews... thats another story.

Fady K

[CFD] El Capitan said:

Thats because no load times is a positive things. Apparently their review basis for Uncharted is based only on whats negative. Im not one to bitch about a review, but as LoudNinja, Andrews, and a lot of folks here are saying - this is downright stupid.

TEH-CJ

Banned
[CFD] El Capitan said:

Let's cherish those nine's

because there the only nine's we'll see.

k79

Banned
Loudninja said:
Man that was so damn funny reading that review.What did he want? a 30 button press combo to jump? they made it easy ,simple, and fun

I bet they prefer the annoying trial and error you find in Tombraider.

Dante

I think you guys are over reacting a bit, the scores are great ( mostly 9's ) the demo rocks, I think your wasting your energy getting all upset over them.

Greg

I don't give a shit about scores, as I already played the demo - I'm just offended we have to deal with such poor quality writing for one of the biggest titles of the year. I could understand if we had 6 paragraphs (gamepro translation: sentences) of well-written material, but it's laughable the way the entire thing is structured.

I'm obviously not the best in writing, but to think someone got paid to write that... fuck. :lol

Loudninja

IGN 9.1
EuroGamer 9
Gametap 9
Gamespy 9
GameInformer 8.75 & 9
Gamepro 4/5
Gamesradar 8/10
TTP 9
Danish website 9.5

Great scores overall

Evazan

aka [CFD] El Capitan
deepbrown said:
ND know their game is bloody A-Class and if I was them I'd try and get away from Sony and start making 360 games. It's the only way their work will get the credit it deserves, and the sales they need for profit.

.......Shut your damn mouth.

deepbrown

[CFD] El Capitan said:

What's up with Gamepro not mentioning ANYTHING. The graphics, the animation, the acting, the music, the mechanics, the weapons, the collectables....I don't want to get angry

mintylurb

Dante said:
I think you guys are over reacting a bit, the scores are great ( mostly 9's ) the demo rocks, I think your wasting your energy getting all upset over them.
Yeah, pretty much. But, you have to admit, some of these reviews are rather pathetic.

jetjevons

Bish loves my games!
-viper- said:
Reading GamePro's review has given me reason to believe that Microsoft have paid off some reviewers to purposely give poorer scores to PS3 games to not attract consumers to the games.

:lol You are kidding, right?

Fady K

Greg said:
I don't give a shit about scores, as I already played the demo - I'm just offended we have to deal with such poor quality writing for one of the biggest titles of the year. I could understand if we had 6 paragraphs (gamepro translation: sentences) of well-written material, but it's laughable the way the entire thing is structured.

I'm obviously not the best in writing, but to think someone got paid to write that... fuck. :lol

Bolded for truth.

Chipopo

Banned
Loudninja said:
IGN 9.1
EuroGamer 9
Gametap 9
Gamespy 9
GameInformer 8.75 & 9
Gamepro 4/5
Gamesradar 8/10
TTP 9
Danish website 9.5

Great scores overall

wtf? I thought this was going to be AAA.... :\

Loudninja

Dante said:

Like I said dude, we are not talking about scores

Awntawn

[CFD] El Capitan said:

Being on PS3, no loading times is an expected standard. You don't get points taken off if you have no loading times. If you want extra points, you need to have negative loading times. Textures must appear before you see them and in a higher quality than they will be by the time the anti-loading finishes.

TEH-CJ

Banned
deepbrown said:
I don't know about that. The negative subconcious towards the ps3 is generally deserved, but when it comes to individual developers making games it's a kick in the fucking balls. ND know their game is bloody A-Class and if I was them I'd try and get away from Sony and start making 360 games. It's the only way their work will get the credit it deserves, and the sales they need for profit.

Yeah....no. lol

Fady K

deepbrown said:
What's up with Gamepro not mentioning ANYTHING. The graphics, the animation, the acting, the music, the mechanics, the weapons, the collectables....I don't want to get angry

Im beginning to wonder if they mentioned anything positive in the first place.

Dante

mintylurb said:
Yeah, pretty much. But, you have to admit, some of these reviews are rather pathetic.

Well Gamepro has kinda been the laughing stock of videogame mags for the past 10 years, Seriously, who gives a crap what Tae Kim thinks of Uncharted?

Chipopo said:

Annnnd then I can see why you guys get upset, because you get this kind of trolling :/

I might just have to bail on the thread for a few days till we get back to talking about Uncharted the game.

Kittonwy

Banned
deepbrown said:

WTF.
Indifferent2.gif

Evazan

aka [CFD] El Capitan
deepbrown said:
Have you READ the review? I don't give a monkey's about the scores. If it doesn't get on your tits, then there's no hope for you

haha of course i did but damn.....what they did with the ps3 is nuts and this is their first game on it...i dont want to see them leaving it is all i'm saying. I think it will sell good though. Regardless of the poorly written reviews.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Chipopo said:
So an AAA game only consists of scores above 9?
Those are just mere opinions and nothing more. Don't be fooled by "review" scores.

Dizzan

MINI Member
Dante said:

Exactly. A review being good or bad shouldn't matter. The scores are consistently high. The more you guys bitch about it, the more you look like.... well, bitches.

Evazan

aka [CFD] El Capitan
f_elz said:
some of you guys are really sad.

You are cool.

Anyhow....i'm really happy to see some high scores. Like i said before i thought it would be a lot worse. Its just a shame the writing doesn't really match the scores.

Loudninja

Dizzan said:
Exactly. A review being good or bad shouldn't matter. The scores are consistently high. The more you guys bitch about it, the more you look like.... well, bitches.

Did you even read the gamepro review?ANd for the last fucking time, no one was talking about scores.:D

f_elz said:
some of you guys are really sad.

For thinking that the developers deserve more competent criticism than the rot that these happy hobbyists with VIP passes, er, professional reviewers can deliver? Not really. I really think it comes down to critics not being fit to do what they have been assigned to do.

Dizzan said:

It's a good thing most people aren't bothered by the scores then, eh? Read the reviews.

Dizzan

MINI Member
Loudninja said:
Did you even read the gamepro review?

Yeah but it doesn't matter. You've played the demo and you LOVE it. Me also. I know Im going to have a blast with Uncharted and I couldnt care less what some douche at Gamepro says about it.

I just think you guys are over reacting. Gears got 8's. Halo 3 got 8's. Resistance got 8's. Even Zelda got an 8.

If he had listed those cons and gave it a 9 you guys wouldnt be complaining.

Loudninja

AltogetherAndrews said:
For thinking that the developers deserve more competent criticism than the rot that these happy hobbyists with VIP passes, er, professional reviewers can deliver? Not really.

It's a good thing most people aren't bothered by the scores then, eh? Read the reviews.

Its like its hard to understand that, man people need to read before they bitch about us bitching

Yeah but it doesn't matter. You've played the demo and you LOVE it. Me also. I know Im going to have a blast with Uncharted and I couldnt care less what some douche at Gamepro says about it.

I just think you guys are over reacting. Gears got 8's. Halo 3 got 8's. Resistance got 8's. Even Zelda got an 8.

I going to say this one last time we dont give a hell about the score.

calder

AltogetherAndrews said:
But we're not talking about scores.
Oh by all means laugh/cry about poorly written 3 paragraph reviews that look like they had the intern take a whack at the game for a couple of hours because no one else could be bothered. There is no lack of just brutal "reviewing" going around that needs a good swift kick in the junk. I'm talking about the conspiracy shit that was bubbling up a few pages ago, some ppl here want to see moneyhats and platform bias when I think the generally awful state of game media and professional criticism is a less sexy but more likely culprit.

I personally am saving all my vomited bile for the sub 5 score it's going to get from Edge, simply for the sheer pluck of a game being somewhat like Tomb Raider, but better. :lol

deepbrown

[CFD] El Capitan said:
haha of course i did but damn.....what they did with the ps3 is nuts and this is their first game on it...i dont want to see them leaving it is all i'm saying. I think it will sell good though. Regardless of the poorly written reviews.
Exaggeration of course - with a little grain of truth? Perhaps.

Top Bottom