• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted |OT|

Synless

FirewalkR said:
In the demo the loading is extremely fast anyway, it doesn't last for more than 2 seconds. Might be because it's all in the hard-drive though.
I don't think it will be a big issue to be honest it can't be worse then anything else I've seen this gen from all the AAA games.

Salazar

calder said:
Did you read that Edge preview of Uncharted? :lol It might as well have had "UPON RELEASE I AM GOING TO SCORE THIS GAME 3-5 NO MATTER WHAT" as the banner headline with "Count How Many Times I Reference Tomb Raider" as the subheading.

No. Neither game gets anything like a fair shake out of the comparisons, either - from journalists or in Uncharted threads.

Snah

Banned
typhonsentra said:
uncharted1dc2.jpg

uncharted2oy1.jpg

uncharted3ne1.jpg

Is this a common problem with the game?

No.

I didn't even notice it in the demo.

FirewalkR

Synless said:
I don't think it will be a big issue to be honest it can't be worse then anything else I've seen this gen from all the AAA games.

And keep in mind that it's the only "delay" you notice. The level, geometry, sounds, etc is all there right from the start instantly, there's no load time (and by "all" i mean the area you're currently in, streaming seems to work flawlessly).

Once again, could be because it's the demo and they pre-load the level while the start menu is showing, or when the gold coin is spinning before that...

Where's ND's "JStevenson" for us to bother incessantly when we need him?

YYZ

FirewalkR said:
Where's ND's "JStevenson" for us to bother incessantly when we need him?
Doesn't he work for Insomniac? I know that is some kind of gamer joke to mistake the two companies for each other.

FirewalkR

YYZ said:
Doesn't he work for Insomniac? I know that is some kind of gamer joke to mistake the two companies for each other.

Nah, i was just daydreaming (or nightdreaming, it's 2am dammit) about ND actually having a JStevenson counterpart.

calder

Yeah, I'm not worried about that at all because of the level title. It'd have to be just about the worst engine ever if the textures popped in THAT close during the actual game. If it takes a second or two to load the textures it'll remind me starting a new level in R6:Vegas, I actually came to enjoy it in a sick way because just when my brain started going "ugh, that wall looks messed up" it'd pop in and I'd feel like it suddenly looked a bit better than I remembered. ;)

Maggot9

Banned
calder said:
Yeah, I'm not worried about that at all because of the level title. It'd have to be just about the worst engine ever if the textures popped in THAT close during the actual game. If it takes a second or two to load the textures it'll remind me starting a new level in R6:Vegas, I actually came to enjoy it in a sick way because just when my brain started going "ugh, that wall looks messed up" it'd pop in and I'd feel like it suddenly looked a bit better than I remembered. ;)
hoeeemg the pop-in in the online mode is ridonculous in that game. Even in the menus for Christ sake.

vpance

Noticed something kind of weird in the demo, maybe someone else saw it too. At the waterfall area in the beginning of the level, I went to the dark area on the left with the rocks, and when I came back the game was brighter, and stayed brighter, like the HDR forgot to readjust itself.

Anyways, yeah, playing this demo never gets old.

Synless

I just want everyone to know I traded MP3 and Halo 3 to have this game........I was sad when it happened but with christmas shopping for my gf and family it was the only way to get this and Mass Effect, I think it was a worthy sacrafice.

TEH-CJ

Banned
vpance said:
Noticed something kind of weird in the demo, maybe someone else saw it too. At the waterfall area in the beginning of the level, I went to the dark area on the left with the rocks, and when I came back the game was brighter, and stayed brighter, like the HDR forgot to readjust itself.

Anyways, yeah, playing this demo never gets old.

Yea i noticed that too :lol

at 1st i thought i sat on my remote and changed the contrast levels.

Synless said:
I just want everyone to know I traded MP3 and Halo 3 to have this game........I was sad when it happened but with christmas shopping for my gf and family it was the only way to get this and Mass Effect, I think it was a worthy sacrafice.

IMG%5D

IMG%5D

IMG%5D

IMG%5D

Sorry, what was that you were saying?

IMG%5D

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Yeah, that kind of texture pop-in occurs only at the beginning's of some levels (That's what TTP told me anyways) After it happens once, it doesn't happen again, even if you die, etc.

spwolf

Marconelly said:
Yeah, that kind of texture pop-in occurs only at the beginning's of some levels (That's what TTP told me anyways) After it happens once, it doesn't happen again, even if you die, etc.

ttp is not banned again, is he?

anyway, impressive shit is that enviroment stays as it is during the level, shit does not dissapear...

nib95

Banned
Texture pop in is common in many of this gens biggest games from AC, Bioshock, Halo 3, Gears of War, Mass Effect etc. Get over it, it happens. It usually only occurs at the beginning of a level during load.

There's actually a funny Mass Effect screen grab somewhere where the alien looks naked because his armour didn't load properly. You only have to wait a second or two, not a big deal. Was quite common in GoW for me.

Kittonwy

Banned
tribal24 said:
utada hikari right?

Hikaru Utada WISHES she's that cute.

Anyway, I played the demo again, did I mention headsnap and dropkick in teh face r teh afw? I can never get enough of pulling off a successful melee combo, especially with dudes shooting at me all the time and often being flanked and all.
Indifferent2.gif

dfyb

Banned
so a game with zero loading has a tiny bit of pop-in at the beginning of a new chapter and all of the sudden it's a big deal?

Awntawn

Kittonwy said:
Hikaru Utada WISHES she's that cute.

Anyway, I played the demo again, did I mention headsnap and dropkick in teh face r teh afw? I can never get enough of pulling off a successful melee combo, especially with dudes shooting at me all the time and often being flanked and all.
Indifferent2.gif
Hika ceased to be cute the instant she married some dude 3x her age

TEH-CJ

Banned
dfyb said:
so a game with zero loading has a tiny bit of pop-in at the beginning of a new chapter and all of the sudden it's a big deal?

Its enough for reviewers to put down a ps3 game apparently.

Toddler

dfyb said:
Not a big deal, to me at least. I just thought it was funny. Besides, game play > graphics right?

Snah

Banned
MonkeyLicker said:

I don't see you laughing at the same shots as they appeared in the mass effect thread. same for you, toddler.

Toddler/MonkeyLicker - do you even own a PS3? Do you have any interest in Uncharted at all?

Toddler said:
Not a big deal, to me at least. I just thought it was funny. Besides, game play > graphics right?

Well graphics are amazing anyway, so it doesn't matter. Never seems to be a big deal for other big hitters games until it's a PS3 exclusive!!

Toddler

Snah said:
I don't see you laughing at the same shots as they appeared in the mass effect thread. same for you, toddler.

Toddler/MonkeyLicker - do you even own a PS3? Do you have any interest in Uncharted at all?
Take it easy dude, it's just a game. And yes, present me with a gif or something just as funny about any game and I would laugh.

MonkeyLicker

Art does not make 60FPS @ 1080i with real world physics on the PSf*ckin2.
Snah said:

You take these things way too seriously.

J-Rzez

I still love some comments in the reviews:

1up said:
They generally appear at trigger points, tend to crouch then pop out into your sights a lot (although they will use grenades to flush you out of hiding), and have that whole annoying Borg mentality -- if one spots you, they all know where you are, spatial positioning be damned.

Yeah, I guess the other guys wouldn't notice their pirating buddies yell "I SEE HIM" or "OVER HERE", or just start shooting at you. This ain't no Ubisoft A.I. little boy.

Oh well, back to A.Creed

Top Bottom