• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted |OT|

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
dfyb said:
so a game with zero loading has a tiny bit of pop-in at the beginning of a new chapter and all of the sudden it's a big deal?
Easy, I don't think anyone was trying to make a big deal out of it.

newsguy

Snah said:
I don't see you laughing at the same shots as they appeared in the mass effect thread. same for you, toddler.

Toddler/MonkeyLicker - do you even own a PS3? Do you have any interest in Uncharted at all?

Huh? That's a funny ass GIF man!!! I don't know if these guys have been bashing the game all along but you gotta admit it's good. Gears of War had this issue in spades. SP or MP there were times when textures wouldn't show up properly for up to 30 seconds.

Toddler

kaching said:
Easy, I don't think anyone was trying to make a big deal out of it.
Thank you. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad the PS3 is picking up steam with this game. Giving the price drop, maybe if I'm lucky Santa will bring me one this year.

Kittonwy

Banned
J-Rzez said:
I still love some comments in the reviews:

Yeah, I guess the other guys wouldn't notice their pirating buddies yell "I SEE HIM" or "OVER HERE", or just start shooting at you. This ain't no Ubisoft A.I. little boy.

Oh well, back to A.Creed

I think they're not used to enemies that communicate with each other.
Indifferent2.gif

On par with these brainless puzzles are your enemies. They generally appear at trigger points, tend to crouch then pop out into your sights a lot (although they will use grenades to flush you out of hiding), and have that whole annoying Borg mentality -- if one spots you, they all know where you are, spatial positioning be damned.

I love it when last year's "pro" becomes this year's "con".

Basch

I don't think anyone is going to like this, but mind as well. Games Radar reviewed the game: oh, I meant Uncharted, if anyone was confused. Their opinions' seem to clash a lot with ours in regards to this game. So don't go expecting flying colors. :D

Beware! 8

Now, time for discussion! :lol

Loudninja

Basch said:
I don't think anyone is going to like this, but mind as well. Games Radar reviewed the game: oh, I meant Uncharted, if anyone was confused. Their opinions' seem to clash a lot with ours in regards to this game. So don't go expecting flying colors. :D

Beware!

Now, time for discussion! :lol

Olds

Core407

Banned
8? Bullshit.

The combat, meanwhile, borrows heavily from Gears of War, with a strong emphasis on firing from behind cover. Drake's pretty resilient, able to soak up a dozen bullets or so and then rapidly recover from the brink of death,

Drake can't take a dozen bullets. What the hell?

Core407 said:
8? Bullshit.

Drake can't take a dozen bullets. What the hell?

Yeah, are they talking over a course of area playthrough counting the regen ability or something? You can die pretty damn fast out in the open with enemies.

Basch

Tideas said:
stop spoilering scores. serious, it's stupid. just say it. Write it.

No... some people do not want to see stupidity! :lol

Admittedly, some is for surprise factor. But not for this one. This one, the above applies to, in my opinion.

TEH-CJ

Banned
wonder why GS is taking so long with releasing there review....

is this a good or bad thing?

i analyse way too much >_>

Basch

Firewire said:
I don't care about the damn scores the game is awesome!

I agree, but many like myself will read for objectivity. I haven't read any of the reviews, a matter of fact, except for the one by IGN: which was written pretty well, but contained little substance (I think he did that so we could be surprised by the game when we do play it). The rest of the reviews I just barely glanced through. I post them for those who like the writers from a particular site. I would normally include quotes from the review, but I'm always late. So I just post the link, and let it go from there. I comment later.

Plus, the reason I don't really read reviews much anymore is because I know my interests pretty well. Usually I'm sold on a game months ahead of its release. I am rarely disappointed by using this method. I look at the concepts of the game, usually when it is first announced, and that is the deciding factor for me. In addition, I clash with reviewers way too much. Not many will share the same interests as I do. I normally don't think of the games I get on a grading scale. If it is something I'm interested in, I'll like it. If not, I'll give it away. :D

Basch

Do people already know about the Game Pro review? If not, guess what...

Time for stupidity again! 4.0/5.0

What is with reviewers and penalizing games for having the best graphics this generation? They must be stuck up: pompous fools. Oh well, at least the fans know what a diamond in the rough is. :D

Let me guess? OLD!!! Oh well, its there for you again in case you want to see it. I just noticed how long ago the comments section was first posted following that short review.

Tideas

Banned
Wow. If everything works out, I might actually have my review up on launch day. That's crazy.

but represents a step forward for Project Tideas haha. Either that, or I can slave away Saterday/Sunday playing it and let you guys know by Monday, heh.

Basch said:
Do people already know about the Game Pro review? If not, guess what...

Time for stupidity again!
4.0/5.0

What is with reviewers and penalizing games for having the best graphics this generation? They must be stuck up: pompous fools. Oh well, at least the fans know what a diamond in the rough is. :D

Let me guess? OLD!!! Oh well, its there for you again in case you want to see it. I just noticed how long ago the comments section was first posted following that short review.

but gamepro only reviewd the demo right..... RIGHT?

Valcrist

Why is it that every review must start with "The ps3 needs more great games or is this the game that is worth the 600$?"
I'm not saying it could be wrong or anything, but honestly, how much time and thought do you really need to put together a decent opener. I'm tired of reading the same old shit from reviews. Wheres the journalistic quality?! Reviews are supposed have at least some sort of entertainment value to them.

Basch

calder said:
Stop spoilering the scores, you'll get a 1 week ban if a mod ever stumbles into this thread (unlikely I know).

But, where's the fun in that? :D They should be thankful I even typed in the score for those lazy ones. The least I could do is make them work a little. :lol

Basch

I guess no one likes surprises. Oh well, to heck with the lazy ones. I give... I give. My freedom has been stripped from me... what is left? Goodbye, highlight... Hello, bold! :lol

Basch

PistolGrip said:
FU
all spoiler haters

Don't worry, with my new style the truth shall set you free. :D

Wait, what is with this "Brought to you by Game Spy". No! I've been had! My only chance for success and poof! And worst of all, you guys knew! None of you told me! I am not wanted. I don't even want myself... :D

Now you can tell I don't read reviews. :lol

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
only 1 big review left. Can't wait to get my hands on this game, comes out just in time for my thanksgiving break.:D

The Jer

TEH-CJ said:
wonder why GS is taking so long with releasing there review....

is this a good or bad thing?

i analyse way too much >_>

They always take a long time with their reviews.

And they're the only one with good reviews. So, they're allowed to do it.

The Jer said:

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Gerstmann is possibly the worst reviewer who gets paid to do it.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
The Jer said:

I dunno, a 7.5 on R+C is a bit, what's the word?......... wrong

I usually prefer IGN to most of them, it just feels the most professional, hopefully the GS one comes out good. Either way I'm very excited about all these new IPs for sony, this one is brand new and it's already succeeding greatly, next time around it'll be more polished, longer, and have multiplayer to get 10s across the board, same goes for all the other IPs too... next year will be great.:D

The Jer

Green Shinobi said:
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Gerstmann is possibly the worst reviewer who gets paid to do it.

lol. GS = gamespot.

For some reason I was thinking GT = GameTrailers.

My bad. and nevermind.... my comment would have been meant for gametrailers.

it is way too late....

dirtmonkey37

flinging feces ---->
The combat, meanwhile, borrows heavily from Gears of War, with a strong emphasis on firing from behind cover. Drake's pretty resilient, able to soak up a dozen bullets or so and then rapidly recover from the brink of death...

Fixed:

The combat, meanwhile, borrows heavily from Gears of War, with a strong emphasis on firing from behind cover. I played the game in "easy" mode...

Hah, I played the demo and I know this much...

:lol seems the sites who didnt like AC really like this...and the sites that rated AC a ten, arent so hyped about this...

This is a ND game, so Ill prob like it more than 90% of other hyped games this year....Im not really bothered about individual review scores, but gamepro, game informer etc are usually pretty crap...and that list of their scores is Holy shit bad...wow

Chromax

nelsonroyale said:
:lol seems the sites who didnt like AC really like this...and the sites that rated AC a ten, arent so hyped about this...

This is a ND game, so Ill prob like it more than 90% of other hyped games this year....Im not really bothered about individual review scores, but gamepro, game informer etc are usually pretty crap...and that list of their scores is Holy shit bad...wow

That's not good...Gamespot gave AC a 9...

deepbrown

vpance said:
Noticed something kind of weird in the demo, maybe someone else saw it too. At the waterfall area in the beginning of the level, I went to the dark area on the left with the rocks, and when I came back the game was brighter, and stayed brighter, like the HDR forgot to readjust itself.

Anyways, yeah, playing this demo never gets old.
That's deliberate. That amazed me...that's Drake's eyes adjusting to the darkness, and then turning around to the bright light. That's how HDR should work.

deepbrown

TEH-CJ said:
Yea i noticed that too :lol

at 1st i thought i sat on my remote and changed the contrast levels.
It's meant to happen you muppet! lol That's one of the lauded features of HDR...and how it's homed in on the viewing capabilities of the protaganist. It gradually lowers the brightness as you continue.

the cliched story is a bit of a funny one....90% of games have rather cliched stories, that still play out reasonably well in the arena....Halo, HS, WW2 games, hell even MAss effect seems like the story is quite typical Sci Fi...doesnt stop them from being quite interesting.... I have quite different expectations from game stories compared to movies and books...mainly because there is an element of role playing....you explore the story rather than simply observe it...I wonder if these reviews make comment on the atrocious stories that NG and Gears had...personally I would have marked those games down for that very same reason...reviews seem rather inconsistant, there needs to be a more established criteria

Top Bottom