• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted |OT|

Loudninja

You can see that guys reflection, in the fucking water OMG!

uncharted-drakes-fortune-2007101-2.jpg

joshcryer

it's ok, you're all right now
Only problem is where Elina is "hiding behind" a structure in that second gif. In the full video you can see her "run behind" the crane that was earlier blown apart.

Just a minor thing though.

Ynos Yrros said:
Hardly, some games don't even feature dynamic shadows at that distance from the camera.

Well, since I haven't jumped on the next gen console wagon yet I can't say, but as far as PC gaming is concerned, characters reflections in water is pretty damn standard, as well as old. Like... 3 or 4+ years old.

Loudninja

joshcryer said:
Only problem is where Elina is "hiding behind" a structure in that second gif. In the full video you can see her "run behind" the crane that was earlier blown apart.

Just a minor thing though.

Yeah I seen that as well, it was funny :lol

TEH-CJ

Banned
Would i be exaggerating if i said this game has the best graphics and animations in a console game yet?

because....damn.

TEH-CJ

Banned
Yea i tend to do that sometimes...but man watching the latest trailer on my HDTV just blew my fucking mind!

the shadows, the geometry, the insane textures and shaders, THE POLYGONS ON SCREEN!, i havent seen anything like it.. O_O

ill shut up now...

Firewire

Banned
Metalmurphy said:
Well, since I haven't jumped on the next gen console wagon yet I can't say, but as far as PC gaming is concerned, characters reflections in water is pretty damn standard, as well as old. Like... 3 or 4+ years old.

What you waiting for! For $399 you can play the GOTY!

Firewire said:
What you waiting for! For $399 you can play the GOTY!

I'm split between an White import from Japan and the 60GB version. I have a brother so the extra remote and 2 games would really be useful. But the import could be 200€ cheaper and its White :p

Also some people own me money :p, I'm hoping they'll pay me soon.

Loudninja

TEH-CJ said:
Yea i tend to do that sometimes...but man watching the latest trailer on my HDTV just blew my fucking mind!

the shadows, the geometry, the insane textures and shaders, THE POLYGONS ON SCREEN!, i havent seen anything like it.. O_O

ill shut up now...

Yeah

deepbrown

Odrion said:
Please god don't let this be a six hour game.

(I don't trust developers or early reviews/journalists)

I've asked Rich about this...I think their methods of ensuring the length of the game are well founded...and it should hit 10-12hours with loads of replay (4 difficulty levels) etc etc etc

Kittonwy

Banned
Metalmurphy said:
I'm split between an White import from Japan and the 60GB version. I have a brother so the extra remote and 2 games would really be useful. But the import could be 200€ cheaper and its White :p

Also some people own me money :p, I'm hoping they'll pay me soon.

You no like black consoles? What do you have against black consoles? Get teh 60GB version and download teh demo this thursday rawr.
angry.gif

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
TEH-CJ said:

ill shut up now...

I agree with you, I think it actually blows any other game away. The animation is amazing also, I can't wait to see what it's like to actually play it. I think it'll hold the best graphics on a console until killzone 2.

Wollan

60GB and 20GB PS3's are sold out at EBGames.com and are no longer listed.
60GB are also sold out at Amazon.co.uk. (Only two sites I've checked so far)

FrankT

TEH-CJ said:

ill shut up now...

Link to said trailer?

Kittonwy said:
You no like black consoles? What do you have against black consoles? Get teh 60GB version and download teh demo this thursday rawr.
angry.gif

Bu-bu-but it looks so pretty :(

white_playstation_2.jpg

Wollan said:
60GB and 20GB PS3's are sold out at EBGames.com and are no longer listed.
60GB are also sold out at Amazon.co.uk. (Only two sites I've checked so far)

I live in Portugal and there are still quite a few Starter Packs here.

deepbrown

Metalmurphy said:
Bu-bu-but it looks so pretty :(

white_playstation_2.jpg

I live in Portugal and there are still quite a few Starter Packs here.

No it doesn't. It looks cheap, like those white limo's. Always go for the black. Plus...is your telly white? Are your speakers white? Think about the aesthetics.

deepbrown said:
No it doesn't. It looks cheap, like those white limo's. Always go for the black. Plus...is your telly white? Are your speakers white? Think about the aesthetics.

Really? I think it looks rather nice :p Quite nice actually. My TV has some grey/whitish borders that might go well with the PS3.

http://xs220.xs.to/xs220/07403/DSCN7328.JPG

Also all I had were black consoles, I kinda grew tired of it, black PSP, black PS2, black Xbox, even my PC has a black box.

TEH-CJ

Banned
Jtyettis said:
Link to said trailer?

Download it on PSN friend. :p

I agree with you, I think it actually blows any other game away. The animation is amazing also, I can't wait to see what it's like to actually play it. I think it'll hold the best graphics on a console until killzone 2.

Yup hell yes.

also 3 days till the demo! :D

AAK

msdstc said:
I think it'll hold the best graphics on a console until killzone 2.

Really? I think Uncharted destroys Killzone in almost every respect so far graphically except for the destructable environments.

TEH-CJ

Banned
AAK said:
Really? I think Uncharted destroys Killzone in almost every respect so far graphically except for the destructable environments.

I think there are certain assets in killzone 2 that are still unmatched imo, namely the Post processing effects , full screen AA, insane lighting and incredible character models and animations.

to see killzone 2 in motion is a sight to behold, tho uncharted deffently has it in Textures, vivid colors and equal in polygon count and animations.

they are both equally amazing and i dont think i could pick one over the other in terms of technical powess.

Thanks a lot, guys. I was pretty comfortable having U:DJ as a possible purchase...

Now? It's pretty mandatory unless the demo sucks.

Thank yourselves, GAF. My wallet now hates you... :D

Kittonwy

Banned
TEH-CJ said:
I think there are certain assets in killzone 2 that are still unmatched imo, namely the Post processing effects , full screen AA, insane lighting and incredible character models and animations.

to see killzone 2 in motion is a sight to behold, tho uncharted deffently has it in Textures, vivid colors and equal in polygon count and animations.

they are both equally amazing and i dont think i could pick one over the other in terms of technical powess.

I think Uncharted has the edge in terms of lighting quality because they're using HDR and self-shadowing everywhere, Killzone 2 probably does more light sources. Uncharted has the edge in facial animations, although Mr. Fucking Convoy is still afw.
Indifferent2.gif

So I just watched the trailer for the umpteenth time, something I normally only do for MGS trailers and I love it more each and every time. I love how they put Drake speaking the line "my end is near" in sync with him running from explosions and dodging bullets. The delivery of the lines from Francis Drake's diary is just impeccable overall, and the confused look on Drake's face is priceless.

Anyone else think the church at the end bears an eerie similarity to Notre Dame, or am I just revealing my ignorance and it's just a common design for (Catholic) European churches/cathedrals?

Top Bottom