• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted |OT|

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Firewire said:
Called my EB in Richmond Hill (Toronto area) and they don't seem to know if its coming tomorrow. They basically said its a possibility because its moved off the new release section which usually means its in shipping. Apparently when it moves off new release its about to go on sale.
Sony should say something, there are going to be allot of confused people if it actually comes out tomorrow and people don't realize it.
Unfortunately, I don't think anyone will care around here. I only pre-ordered this game a couple weeks ago and, at that time, was the only person to do so at my local store (and this was the store that had the single highest pre-order volume in the Tri-state area - which includes upwards of 70-80 locations). :(

Loudninja said:
Deep posted this review but people ignore it:

UGO reviews Uncharted: A-
http://www.ugo.com/ugo/html/article/?id=18024

Yeah its good but im over the reviews I just want the game.

dark10x said:
Unfortunately, I don't think anyone will care around here. I only pre-ordered this game a couple weeks ago and, at that time, was the only person to do so at my local store (and this was the store that had the single highest pre-order volume in the Tri-state area - which includes upwards of 70-80 locations). :(

I will be unbelievably upset if this game doesnt sell well.
If sony doesnt push the hell out of this and Ratchet through the holidays oh man ill blow a gasket.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
My Gamestop here in NC just confirmed it shipped today and they will have it tomorrow. Can I finish AC tonight? Hrmmmm......

Jim

Guess what arrived today :) So I'm thinking it may arrived at retail a little bit early as well.

And just like with the R&C launch, "real" work has me REALLLY busy today :(

Lastly, screw you AC, I need to finish you also.

Kosma

Banned
If it coming tommorow in the US, maybe it will happen in Canada too, and maybe those nice Canadians will send it flying my way tommorow and maybe I'll get it on monday/tuesday then and maybe baby I'll be one lucky guy then.

So many maybe's :( Make it happen powers that be!

Jim said:
Guess what arrived today :)

And just like with the R&C launch, "real" work has me REALLLY busy today :(

Shut up!
You have it for reals?!
Go home man say "Excuse me boss person I got to go home cause my tumm tumm hurts"

Dante said:
I know it's my Front runner for GOTY, Just wanna play this bitch and get all my medals and treasures :)

Yeah no fricken joke.

Kittonwy said:
I don't get this fucking retarded argument that a game has to somehow "break gameplay barriers" when it takes a whole lot of things from other games and fucking does it better and with much more polish. The gameplay is dynamic, fun, seamless, is easy to get into, is NOT repetitive or boring, what the fuck more do these people want rawr?
Indifferent2.gif

Let it go my feline friend just be content that your going to be able to appreciate it very soon now.

Kittonwy

Banned
Loudninja said:
Deep posted this review but people ignore it:

UGO reviews Uncharted: A-
http://www.ugo.com/ugo/html/article/?id=18024

I don't get this fucking retarded argument that a game has to somehow "break gameplay barriers" when it takes a whole lot of things from other games and fucking does it much better and with much more polish, after playing the demo for the umpteen time, Gears is FUCKING UNPLAYABLE to me when I tried to go back to see how it compares two nights ago. The gameplay is dynamic, fun, seamless, is easy to get into, is NOT repetitive or boring, what the fuck more do these people want rawr?
Indifferent2.gif

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
DenogginizerOS said:
My Gamestop here in NC just confirmed it shipped today and they will have it tomorrow. Can I finish AC tonight? Hrmmmm......
Man, I'm going to be busy with these games for the next month easily. With my schedule, I've only managed to complete the first assassination in AC. I don't know if I will even begin Uncharted or Mass Effect until I've properly cleared AC and Mario. I don't want to ruin any of those experiences.

dark10x said:
Man, I'm going to be busy with these games for the next month easily. With my schedule, I've only managed to complete the first assassination in AC. I don't know if I will even begin Uncharted or Mass Effect until I've properly cleared AC and Mario. I don't want to ruin any of those experiences.

I know I love that all these games are coming out but the rush to push through them only to get to the next one really sucks. Im just really happy R&C came out early enough before this for me to really just get deeply into it.

Firewire

Banned
oo Kosma oo said:
If it coming tommorow in the US, maybe it will happen in Canada too, and maybe those nice Canadians will send it flying my way tommorow and maybe I'll get it on monday/tuesday then and maybe baby I'll be one lucky guy then.

So many maybe's :( Make it happen powers that be!

As long as us Canadians get the game first before you importers, I'm happy.

spwolf

Kittonwy said:
I don't get this fucking retarded argument that a game has to somehow "break gameplay barriers" when it takes a whole lot of things from other games and fucking does it much better and with much more polish, after playing the demo for the umpteen time, Gears is FUCKING UNPLAYABLE to me when I tried to go back to see how it compares two nights ago. The gameplay is dynamic, fun, seamless, is easy to get into, is NOT repetitive or boring, what the fuck more do these people want rawr?
Indifferent2.gif

it is pretty poor review, even if A-.

Eurogamer once again proves its reputation. 3 page, excellently written review.

Core407

Banned
Kittonwy said:
Indifferent2.gif

Did you read the review? My favorite part was when he was describing the game.

But don't forget, there's gameplay here, too! Uncharted is a mix of Tomb Raider-y puzzle solving, Splinter Cell-y 3rd person shooting, and Prince of Persia-y platforming.

lunlunqq

i'm actually in a fight with my gf and it has been a whole week since she came to my place last time. that's why i can put sometime into CoD4 MP this passing week. if it keeps up like this, i will have some good time with uncharted this weekend, too. no sex but more time for games... i know if i should be sad or happy...

Kosma

Banned
Firewire said:
As long as us Canadians get the game first before you importers, I'm happy.

As long as I get it before Raist I'm happy too.

lunlunqq said:
i'm actually in a fight with my gf and it has been a whole week since she came to my place last time. that's why i can put sometime into CoD4 MP this passing week. if it keeps up like this, i will have some good time with uncharted this weekend, too. no sex but more time for games... i know if i should be sad or happy...

No women is worth being sad over, so be happy you have the time to play some games man.

Dante

lunlunqq said:

My GF dumped me in August, just in time for the fall videogame onslaught :D

Kidding aside, it did suck.

Evazan

aka [CFD] El Capitan
My wife is into the game which is a good thing...and a bad thing :lol :lol I guess i'm selfish.

Did anyone else get a PS underground invite to talk with the ND dev team at 4pm today?

Check your damn emails.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
dark10x said:
Yeah. My plan all along has been AC, then Uncharted, then ME, and finally SMG. I am not overlapping them. Hell, I won't open them until the one I am working on is done.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
dark10x said:
I have to say I'm worried how this game will sell - it was always so low profile for some reason. I hope it pulls some kind of last minute miracle like Bioshock, due to the excelent demo, though.

A week before demo, there were maybe only two pages of comments on GameFAQs Uncharted game board, but there 20 pages now. That means at least people are finally starting to talk about the game in places other than GAF.

DenogginizerOS said:
Yeah. My plan all along has been AC, then Uncharted, then ME, and finally SMG. I am not overlapping them. Hell, I won't open them until the one I am working on is done.
I still didn't even finish R&C... My plan is to finish it, then Uncharted, then AC (simply because I've anticipated Uncharted more, and I have R&C to play anyways). But if Uncharted comes out tomorrow... oh man, it will be tough not playing it, and I'm barely half way through R&C.

Aladuf

Banned
Well I'm glad to see that other people are getting confirmation that Uncharted is coming in for them tomorrow too, I was hoping I wasn't just getting a clueless Gamestop employee yesterday telling me that it came out early.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Oh, and speaking of GameFAQs, some people there claim the game is already possible to get. Apparently a few of them talked clerks at Target and Walmart into selling it early, by telling them the game came out a few days ago.

Furthermore, here's what one guy says:

Like i stated before... this game actually DOES have a streetdate of the 19th, not the ship date. So it'll be in stores EVERYWHERE on that date. (even in Canada, 'cause that's where i'm from).
Earlier he said they already have the game in store, but can't sell it yet.

Evazan

aka [CFD] El Capitan
Marconelly said:
Oh, and speaking of GameFAQs, some people there claim the game is already possible to get. Apparently a few of them talked clerks at Target and Walmart into selling it early, by telling them the game came out a few days ago.

Furthermore, here's what one guy says:

Earlier he said they already have the game in store, but can't sell it yet.

Oh snap! Time to do some sweet talkin tonight!

spwolf

Marconelly said:
I have to say I'm worried how this game will sell - it was always so low profile for some reason. I hope it pulls some kind of last minute miracle like Bioshock, due to the excelent demo, though.

Not only it got great reviews, it will also get marketing moneyz... so yes, it should be fine :D

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
[CFD] El Capitan said:
My wife is into the game which is a good thing...and a bad thing :lol :lol I guess i'm selfish.

Did anyone else get a PS underground invite to talk with the ND dev team at 4pm today?

Check your damn emails.

I got invited to talk to them but meh I wouldn't know what to ask so yeah.

I think the game will sell as well as a ps3 game can sell these days. It definately wont be THE game to move systems. KZ2 will be that game if the gamepla is as good as its graphics.

Holtz

My CDUniverse order currently says processing. Hopefully it won't take long for them to ship it.
And what about our sticky? :/

Mesijs

My review for Gamer.nl is completely finished and my final rating is decided. It's online at 0:00 Dutch time (that's 2 hours from now on) as my embargo ends then.

Read it at Gamer.nl in a few hours! :D

it had better not come out tomorrow. Gamestop.com changed its release day back to the 19th so I bought a copy of Dead Men. I wont have the money to pick it up for a week anyway.

WTF!!!

..I just found this shit it shipping today!!!! :D :D :D

...OMGBBQQASLDJFLJ CHRISTMAS CUMS EARLY!!!!!!

...(I preordered it a month ago so I should be good to go)

AgentOtaku said:
WTF!!!

..I just found this shit it shipping today!!!! :D :D :D

...OMGBBQQASLDJFLJ CHRISTMAS CUMS EARLY!!!!!!

...(I preordered it a month ago so I should be good to go)
really? damn, wonder if ill get my preorder call. BTW Gamestop should just hire captain quark to all the preorder pickups. Just more fun that way.

Top Bottom