• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted |OT|

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Just called Gamestop. They will have it tomorrow. I guess i should bring my lunch, since i am planning on buying the game during my lunch time.

M_A_C said:
Is the v-sync any better than the demo?
TBH, not really. It doesn't happen in every level though. The level that we got in the demo seems to be the worst tearing I've experienced in Uncharted so far. Just coming up on that part of the game now, so I'll be able to judge. Even though the demo was from the final build.

So yeah, it just seems like they picked the level with the most tearing in the whole game. Long story short, I haven't noticed as much as I did in the demo.

J-Rzez

The Sphinx said:
Aeris called so I get Uncharted tomorrow too. AND I get my DS3 in. :D

Yeah, I keep forgetting my DS3 should be in as well tomorrow.

mysticstylez said:
How long is Uncharted? I see reviews are saying it's short. I'm cool with it being a "8-10hr" kinda short.

Some say around that, some longer if you stop to enjoy the views and find the treasures, then there's a bit of replay value packed in there as well.

Kittonwy

Banned
mysticstylez said:
How long is Uncharted? I see reviews are saying it's short. I'm cool with it being a "8-10hr" kinda short.

It's 8-10 hours, and it's not short, COD4 single player campaign is short, Uncharted is not.
Indifferent2.gif

Kittonwy said:
It's 8-10 hours, and it's not short, COD4 single player campaign is short, Uncharted is not.
Indifferent2.gif

Cool I can dig 8-10 hours, plus I suck at most videogames so it will take me longer. I can't friggin wait till Xmas when I get my PS3. Resistance, Ratchet, and Uncharted are gonna rawk.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
I wish these reviews would say what difficulty level they played at. =(

I forsee myself playing this thing over 3 times minimum =D

Kittonwy

Banned
mysticstylez said:
Cool I can dig 8-10 hours, plus I suck at most videogames so it will take me longer. I can't friggin wait till Xmas when I get my PS3. Resistance, Ratchet, and Uncharted are gonna rawk.

That's a power trio right there rawr.
Indifferent2.gif

Kintaro said:

Just like Ratchet.

Oh yeah, GOT THE CALL!!! I'm only a part way through Strangle hold, Bladestorm and Kane and Lynch. I think one of those game started my PS3 backlog!!! About time!

Loudninja

mysticstylez said:

Ok 8-10 horus, 60 treasures you can collect, plus medals ,and tons of unlockable content

IGN siad hard

Jim

My usual ceremonial retail box photos.

Sexay...
1.jpg

2.jpg

Yes, the box says 720p but yes it also supports 480/1080i/p (as ND said). No idea why Sony even bothers to list the resolutions.

3.jpg

4.jpg

Sleek Uncharted/PlayStation aluminum coffee mug with hot liquid-activated "hidden picture". lol

Loudninja

Jim said:
My usual ceremonial retail box photos.

Sexay...
1.jpg

2.jpg

Yes, the box says 720p but yes it also supports 480/1080i/p (as ND said). No idea why Sony even bothers to list the resolutions.

3.jpg

4.jpg

Sleek Uncharted/PlayStation aluminum coffee mug with hot liquid-activated "hidden picture". lol

wait, where did you get that from? :0 man!!!!!

Wollan

Can you take out the manual and disc and show us the insides please?

Also, they quoted gamepro hehe.

Also, also, "One man.. One adventure..."

Jim

the_id said:
An aluminum mug?! Sony is cheap! :lol :lol :lol :lol

8.0 from jim

Pffft... you missed the laser-engraved LAIR lighter.

Here's a nekkid shot of the interior:
5.jpg

Guy Legend said:
Wtf at that barcode, is it even readable......

They always do that for press/promotional copies. Well, the hole at least. Don't know what's up with the burn marks... maybe they shot it out with a gun this time for the sake of authenticity.

Master Z

Just got home and I snagged a copy! I can't believe that my POS town actually had this game today. I can't believe I'm about to play Uncharted...holy shit.:D

I hope everybody else get theirs ASAP. Anybody who lives in or around Hamilton Ontario, the TRU there has them. They weren't on the shelf I had to ask dude and he pulled it out of a box. The box was full so it looks like I was the first to buy one...anyway time to play some motherfucking Uncharted!

Loudninja

Master Z said:
Just got home and I snagged a copy! I can't believe that my POS town actually had this game today. I can't believe I'm about to play Uncharted...holy shit.:D

I hope everybody else get theirs ASAP. Anybody who lives in or around Hamilton Ontario, the TRU there has them. They weren't on the shelf I had to ask dude and he pulled it out of a box. The box was full so it looks like I was the first to buy one...anyway time to play some motherfucking Uncharted!

:( have fun dude! :D

Firewire

Banned
Master Z said:

Toronto hates you!

Kittonwy

Banned
Jim said:
Pffft... you missed the laser-engraved LAIR lighter.

Here's a nekkid shot of the interior:
5.jpg

They always do that for press/promotional copies. Well, the hole at least. Don't know what's up with the burn marks... maybe they shot it out with a gun this time for the sake of authenticity.

So secsy.
Indifferent2.gif

mollipen

M_A_C said:
Is the v-sync any better than the demo?

I'm glad I read this, and then did some checking up.

I just got an HDTV two days ago, so I'm still trying to get a handle on what all issues may be TV related, and what may be game / hardware / etc. related. I think the thing I've played most so far is the Uncharted demo, and I was seeing that issue and was wondering if it might be a problem with my TV. I was mostly sure it wasn't the kind of thing that would be a TV issue, but still, since I'm new to HDTV, I can't be sure of anything yet.

Master Z

Firewire said:
Toronto hates you!

Ha Haaa! /nelson. No but for real I feel for ya'll and I say don't give up! If my shitty little town got the game I'm sure some place in T.O. is gonna have it. How far are you willing to travel? Maybe some places in Mississauga will have it...

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
user friendly said:
That, just isn't fair :(
lol, Canada.

I dunno what the hell happened - we used to get those French insets separate so they could be conveniently thrown away or swapped. Resistance and Motorstorm were like that. Now they are re-printing them in a dual language format, removing the interior artwork, and thus the advantage of the transparent BD box.

Just seems so dumb considering they still have to re-print manual anyways.

Firewire

Banned
Master Z said:
Ha Haaa! /nelson. No but for real I feel for ya'll and I say don't give up! If my shitty little town got the game I'm sure some place in T.O. is gonna have it. How far are you willing to travel? Maybe some places in Mississauga will have it...

I've been calling everywhere, there all like WTF! its not available till the 19th or 21st! My only hope was the nice guy at the TRU in Richmond Hill. Said he'd call me when it came in, he was hyped about the game & was pretty pissed when I told him TRU in Hamilton & Oshawa had it.

Kyoufu

Damn Jim, that box is sexy.

As much as I hate to do it, I'm going to splooge on this and COD4 purchases next week. Can't wait :D

8-10 hours is acceptable for a game like this. Can't waaaaaaaaaaaait.

Top Bottom