• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted |OT|

BuddyC

Loudninja said:
You having fun though? :D
Oh yea, totally. I've run into some parts that have frustrated me. Kinda like Gears of War, you almost beat a section, and then one dude comes and fucks it all up and you're all "That's fucking bullshit fuck you game" but it's all out of passionate love.

Loudninja

BuddyC said:
Oh yea, totally. I've run into some parts that have frustrated me. Kinda like Gears of War, you almost beat a section, and then one dude comes and fucks it all up and you're all "That's fucking bullshit fuck you game" but it's all out of passionate love.

Thats sounds fun man, cannot until I paly it

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
BuddyC said:

They say there's a gameplay twist towards the end, so I hope that increases the difficulty/length of the game, too. I don't mind a 10hour SP game. That's about what MGS2 was [with all the cutscenes!]

BuddyC

reilo said:
They say there's a gameplay twist towards the end, so I hope that increases the difficulty/length of the game, too. I don't mind a 10hour SP game. That's about what MGS2 was [with all the cutscenes!]
Me neither. That's a good length.

Kittonwy

Banned
BuddyC said:

Yeah, kind of like that except when I was trying to play Gears on hardcore again a couple of nights ago, I found it really annoying because the weapons just aren't as precise as Uncharted, I really like how the reticle moves and how tight it is in the Uncharted demo, maybe it's because I'm fighting humans in the demo and bullet sponges in Gears, stuff like headshots and melee just feels more satisfying in the demo whereas I was really doing alot more blindfiring in Gears which just wasn't as satisfying. Do you find yourself trying to pull off melee moves and headshots or are you mainly concerned with bringing those pirates down?
Indifferent2.gif

Awntawn

Kittonwy said:
Yeah, kind of like that except when I was trying to play Gears on hardcore again a couple of nights ago, I found it really annoying because the weapons just aren't as precise as Uncharted, I really like how the reticle moves and how tight it is in the Uncharted demo, maybe it's because I'm fighting humans in the demo and bullet sponges in Gears, stuff like headshots and melee just feels more satisfying in the demo whereas I was really doing alot more blindfiring in Gears which just wasn't as satisfying. Do you find yourself trying to pull off melee moves and headshots or are you mainly concerned with bringing those pirates down?
Indifferent2.gif
Isn't ironic how just a couple of weeks ago, a shitton people were complaining
trolling
about how the gunplay looked "weak" in Uncharted, whereas almost every review, be it good or mediocre, has had nothing but praise for the shooting aspect 3;

YYZ

My impression is that this game will be liked more by the game development community than reviewers although it is getting great reviews (mostly). Some reviewers seems really amateurish and unsure of what actually makes a good game (especially that Gamepro review).

Kittonwy

Banned
I saw a new combo in the demo, when I hit the guy with the second punch of the brutal combo, it spun him but away from me, Drake didn't jump on him to do the neck snap, but instead he just kicked the pirate in the ass.
Indifferent2.gif

Oh and I finally pull off the smother move, not the jump on the back and rape move, Drake just kind of snuffed the guy out, more gentle-like.
Indifferent2.gif

Ceb

BuddyC said:
No, because I honestly couldn't care less about that arbitrary bullshit.

Exploration is arbitrary?

Anyway, I'm not worried about the length at all since I know I'm gonna take a couple of extra hours walking through environments instead of running, with the occasional full stop to oogle background detail.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Here's the Uncharted PS3 theme I've been working on for the last two days. It's still pretty early, many secondary custom Icons are missing, but I'm not sure when I'll be able to complete it fully, and with the game coming out now, I thought anyone would prefer to have it sooner rather than later. It's good enough for me to use, so it should be OK for others as well :p

http://www.filecrunch.com/file/~euhmh8

It looks kinda like this:

73ahnuu.jpg

slade

Just read back a few pages. For all the Canadians, you are aware that the Sony store is selling this tomorrow right? Some have broken the release date though. That's how I got my copy today.

I'm in Mississauga, by the way. Call around, you could have gotten this today.

quetz67

Banned
slade said:
Just read back a few pages. For all the Canadians, you are aware that the Sony store is selling this tomorrow right? Some have broken the release date though. That's how I got my copy today.

So videogamesplus.ca will ship it today too?!? Never tried them before

Kittonwy

Banned
slade said:

I called the Scarborough Town Center Sony Store but they said they didn't have it. T_T

Lefty42o

Banned
Awntawn said:
Isn't ironic how just a couple of weeks ago, a shitton people were complaining
trolling
about how the gunplay looked "weak" in Uncharted, whereas almost every review, be it good or mediocre, has had nothing but praise for the shooting aspect 3;

key word is almost. some of us didn't like the combat and wanted more platforming.

some of us have diff tastes. i think almost all of us, and the reviews, have said its a solid game. but won't appeal to all of us. but yes its a very solid game and something sony needs. another solid exclusive.

it wasn't trolling. that i don't understand. we pay 600 bucks for a console and download the demo and give our impressions and its trolling? we gave our opinion. it just was not what alot of people wanted to hear. not everyone will love evrey game. Assassins Creed is a good example. though its more polarising than Uncharted. and yes i am sure there were some trolls. But myself i got flamed for giving my opinion. and that angered me casue i was not trying to troll. I wanted to like Uncharted. i just didn't. doesn't take away from the game or how you or others feel about it. same way i felt about assassins creed. regardless of who likes it or what the reviews are i buy games for me not others.

Awntawn

Lefty42o said:
key word is almost. some of us didn't like the combat and wanted more platforming.

some of us have diff tastes. i think almost all of us, and the reviews, have said its a solid game. but won't appeal to all of us. but yes its a very solid game and something sony needs. another solid exclusive.

it wasn't trolling. that i don't understand. we pay 600 bucks for a console and download the demo and give our impressions and its trolling? we gave our opinion. it just was not what alot of people wanted to hear. not everyone will love evrey game. Assassins Creed is a good example. though its more polarising than Uncharted. and yes i am sure there were some trolls. But myself i got flamed for giving my opinion. and that angered me casue i was not trying to troll. I wanted to like Uncharted. i just didn't. doesn't take away from the game or how you or others feel about it. same way i felt about assassins creed. regardless of who likes it or what the reviews are i buy games for me not others.
Before there was a demo, there were GameTrailers shaky cam videos. And back then, pretty much everyone except 5 people on GAF were down on this game to no end, most namely the combat. Just as unpopular as the negative opinion is now, it was exactly the opposite little more than a month ago where anyone defending the combat system would be called a fanboy with rosey-tinted glasses trying to grasp on to any exclusive in hopes for a good title.

YYZ

I'm calling the Eaton Centre one later today, I'll let you guys know. Also calling other GAF gaming store favourites in TO.

Marconelly, nice theme, I'm using that for now. I'm using it with the first Uncharted wallpaper that Sony put up on the store, it fits nicely.

Midas

Looks awesome Marconelly!

I really do hope that Sony put some effort into getting devs to put official themes on the game discs. It will be so much easier for them since they have all the artwork needed. :)

Lefty42o

Banned
Awntawn said:
Before there was a demo, there were GameTrailers shaky cam videos. And back then, pretty much everyone except 5 people on GAF were down on this game to no end, most namely the combat. Just as unpopular as the negative opinion is now, it was exactly the opposite little more than a month ago where anyone defending the combat system would be called a fanboy with rosey-tinted glasses trying to grasp on to any exclusive in hopes for a good title.

not doubting that. just i was hurt by the way i was personally treated for giving my impression of the demo.

and in defending my self i guess i crossed the line cause i served a ncie week long ban. :D

But felt alot of us were sincere in our impresions and maybe cause of what had happened the community treated us like dogs.

as i said then i will likley get this game down the road. alot on my plate game wise right now as its a solid game. but i do have my compliants and wanted to make sure those of you in here knew i was not trying to be a troll. I have quietly followed this game and the threads on the game.

just trying to clear the air. i am sure you guys will enjoy this game. hopefully it sells really well.

Awntawn

Lefty42o said:
not doubting that. just i was hurt by the way i was personally treated for giving my impression of the demo.

and in defending my self i guess i crossed the line cause i served a ncie week long ban. :D

But felt alot of us were sincere in our impresions and maybe cause of what had happened the community treated us like dogs.

as i said then i will likley get this game down the road. alot on my plate game wise right now as its a solid game. but i do have my compliants and wanted to make sure those of you in here knew i was not trying to be a troll. I have quietly followed this game and the threads on the game.

just trying to clear the air. i am sure you guys will enjoy this game. hopefully it sells really well.
It's certainly understandable that people have different opinions, but you should also be prepared to get jumped on in any official game topic for any platform when you offer somewhat harsh criticism unless the game really is garbage, which doesn't really seem to be the case with Uncharted ;o No game is perfect, but generally the better it is the harder it is to criticize.

Lefty42o

Banned
Awntawn said:
It's certainly understandable that people have different opinions, but you should also be prepared to get jumped on in any official game topic for any platform when you offer somewhat harsh criticism unless the game really is garbage, which doesn't really seem to be the case with Uncharted ;o

i was posting in the demo impressions thread at the time. i gave my honest impressions. thats what the thread was for. i also started my impresios by saying it was a very solid game. cause it is. but i also had concerns. but i understand your point. i should have left it at my 1 post but felt like i had to validate my ps3 ownership and the such. which was my flaw for not just letting the flamming go.

glad its getting good reviews casue it deserves it. it is a solid game and has some great things about it. will def be a game i get after the holiday rush of games i bought and pre-ordered is over. this really is a good time to be a gamer :D

deepbrown

"001: How do you feel about the critical reception the game has been getting lately?
Evan_Wells: We are very pleased! We are consistenly getting very positive reviews. In fact we just got a 10/10 from gamer.nl! "

hehe

FirewalkR

I think I have never played a single player demo so many times before, must be closing in on one hundred. Well, gotta wait till 7th Dec for it :(

Guess COD4 (PS3, got it yesterday), SMG (probably getting it today) and Mass Effect (still my most wanted game this year, being an SF+RPG nut) will have to do till then. :D

PS: Damn. what an year for gamers! :)

Goldrusher

Those with an American PS3 and a retail / final copy, please upload the very first save game file you get.

(to unlock blood/gore on Japanese systems)

biocat

I'm a little late to the party but it wasn't working on my Japanese system for a long time.

So, do any of you play this and think... Flashback?

250px-Flashback_cover_MD.jpg

That's a good thing by the way.

biocat said:
I'm a little late to the party but it wasn't working on my Japanese system for a long time.

So, do any of you play this and think... Flashback?

250px-Flashback_cover_MD.jpg

That's a good thing by the way.

That was one of ND's inspirations for the game.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Goldrusher said:
Those with an American PS3 and a retail / final copy, please upload the very first save game file you get.

(to unlock blood/gore on Japanese systems)

Sure. If someone does not do it before I return home today, I'll upload mine.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
deepbrown said:
Best looking tree and lighting I've seen. That tree looks better than some Crysis trees - NO JOKE
I also think the game can look better than Crysis at times *BUT* it's not really a fair comparison as Crysis rendering a much larger area with virtually no borders.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Dante said:
Yes Asia just confirmed my DS3 shipped.

Uncharted stickied and shipped.

"What a glorious day.....This is"
w00t mine too!

hope it's in time to play Uncharted with teh rumblorz!

deepbrown

dark10x said:
I also think the game can look better than Crysis at times *BUT* it's not really a fair comparison as Crysis rendering a much larger area with virtually no borders.
True...but it's an FPS. (joke) And we can actually play it on our system :)

UC4.jpg

deepbrown

Marconelly said:
Here's the Uncharted PS3 theme I've been working on for the last two days. It's still pretty early, many secondary custom Icons are missing, but I'm not sure when I'll be able to complete it fully, and with the game coming out now, I thought anyone would prefer to have it sooner rather than later. It's good enough for me to use, so it should be OK for others as well :p

What's the secret code on the gold one Marcs!!!? It's too small here to translate :O

filopilo

dark10x said:

...in 4 drawcalls because the base vegetation kit and rock kit is rather small...

BuddyC

Ceb said:
Exploration is arbitrary?

Anyway, I'm not worried about the length at all since I know I'm gonna take a couple of extra hours walking through environments instead of running, with the occasional full stop to oogle background detail.
There ...isn't a whole lot of actual exploration thus far. Sure, there are some very open environments, but you "explore" them as you work your way through them in that linear video game style. Shiny flashy things are hiding behind trees and on really dark ledges. I'm grabbing them when I see them, but I've never been one for collectathon crap.

Kittonwy said:
Indifferent2.gif

My friend, it's all about melee moves and headshots.

I'm so out of my element here, but is the game supposed to be shipped today? I checked Gamestop's website and it said it was. Guess I thought it was coming next week...

Top Bottom