• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted |OT|

the_id

sticky sticky sticky sticky sticky sticky sticky sticky sticky sticky sticky sticky!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D

the last ps3 game to have a sticky was Warhawk. thank you mods!

careksims

Ah finally the sticky! Tomorrow is Uncharted Day! I wonder if there will still be a Resistance clan night. Love the inside box art. Sexy! Sexy!

Firewire

Banned
careksims said:
Ah finally the sticky! Tomorrow is Uncharted Day! I wonder if there will still be a Resistance clan night. Love the inside box art. Sexy! Sexy!
theres always clan night, resistance stops for no one!

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Ploid 3.0 said:
Man I love the way PS3 boxes look with their clear shell and small thin size.

Same here. Sometimes its the ps3 box that makes me buy the ps3 version of a multi-platform game.

calder

:|

Is there any hints that a canadian retailer will get never mind sell this game before the 20th? I called a few today and everyone said Tuesday.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Software ETC has it coming in tomorrow. Going in to put a pre-order down!

Fatghost

Gas Guzzler
I got mine from TRU earlier today, been playing for a few hours. Some frame rate drops and screen tearing, but otherwise no complaints, this is an awesome game.

Kittonwy

Banned
calder said:

Is there any hints that a canadian retailer will get never mind sell this game before the 20th? I called a few today and everyone said Tuesday.

Every one of them I've called so far didn't have it.
angry.gif

calder

Kittonwy said:
Every one of them I've called so far didn't have it.
angry.gif

>:|

Between this and Rock Band, you are really pushing it America. Don't make me go down there, you wouldn't like that at all.

Fatghost

Gas Guzzler
calder said:

Toys R US in Barrie, Ontario.

I bought my Uncharted there this afternoon. :D

calder

Whoa whoa whoa, hold off the invasion Kittonwy.

TRU you say. Would never think to call them, but I definitely will tomorrow.

calder said:

I got mine today. Try the Sony Store in case you missed it a few pages back.

M_A_C

shidoshi said:
I'm glad I read this, and then did some checking up.

I just got an HDTV two days ago, so I'm still trying to get a handle on what all issues may be TV related, and what may be game / hardware / etc. related. I think the thing I've played most so far is the Uncharted demo, and I was seeing that issue and was wondering if it might be a problem with my TV. I was mostly sure it wasn't the kind of thing that would be a TV issue, but still, since I'm new to HDTV, I can't be sure of anything yet.

Yeah, it's a software issue. Play something like Resistance or Motorstorm and you'll never see it.

Fatghost

Gas Guzzler
the_id said:
whats you're overall impression? i've always seen you as a more balanced multi-platform gamer.

Overall impression is...very very good.

One of the best looking console games this year, gameplay is fun, production values are high, looks like there are a fair bit of unlockables that would extend the gameplay.

dfyb

Banned
Dizzan said:
Is it confirmed native 1080p?

I might have to take it to the old mans to play on his 46 inch Sammy.
no. upscaled. they suggest playing in 720p -- 1080p is for those with 1080i only sets

anddo0

My dual shock 3 is on the way so I think I'm going to hold off on play Uncharted until it gets here. I'm still picking it up tomorrow though:D

dang its out tomorrow?

Hm...Amazon still has it shipping on the 20th. :( Well since i just started playing SMG, i'll focus on that for now. *don't think about Uncharted, don't think about Uncharted*

tanod

when is my burrito
Quick FYI: Uncharted has been #1 on the most popular games at 1UP for a full 2 days now. That does not happen with PS3 games ever.

Greg

BuddyC said:
Three hours in. 47% complete.
As sad as it sounds, you are making me question my purchase.

However, after the terrible Ratchet sales
so far
(even though I did buy it), I'm thinking I have to buy Uncharted now.

slade

Got my copy today. Played about four hours and my save file says that I'm 47 percent done. The game is very good and it has had a healthy mix of platforming and shooter gameplay so far. However, the platforming portions are very easy and there's little skill required to complete them. The puzzles associated with the platforming aren't all that hard either. Didn't get lost once yet.

The story is coming along fine albeit predictable if you've watched any old adventure movie. I'll just say this. I find it to be a lot more appealing in terms of dialogue and presentation then Heavenly Sword, which I felt was way too melodramatic and overblown. There does seem to be something of a supernatural twist to it all though. Will have to see how that pans out.

Graphics are great. The cliffside scene with a setting sun and the ocean stretching out as far as the eye can see is one of my top 5 awe inspiring moments in this gen. Haven't noticed many framerate problems. The only hitch I had was early on in the second chapter. The scene in the demo with the statue you land on also had texture popup which I never witnessed in the actual demo. There's also tearing that crops up here and there, however, all these hitches are minor.

Anyway, very good game. It's a must buy if you have a PS3.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
slade said:
The scene in the demo with the statue you land on also had texture popup which I never witnessed in the actual demo.

so i guess the final game actually renders the cutscenes instead of playing them as videos? i guess it doesn't make much difference when the video compression's as good as it tends to be in ps3 games, but realtime cutscenes please my inner graphics whore (a substantial personage btw)

YYZ

I'm going to call a bunch of stores tomorrow, if someone in Barrie got one then hopefully stores in Toronto have it too.

How much is Uncharted in Canada? BB says $69 which is a complete fucking crock of shit, especially since it's a Sony game, wtf.

BuddyC

Firewire said:
But are you finding all the medals and stuff?
No, because I honestly couldn't care less about that arbitrary bullshit.

For what it's worth, getting up that next 3% took me half an hour, so I'm 50% in at 3 and 1/2 hours.

Loudninja

BuddyC said:
No, because I honestly couldn't care less about that arbitrary bullshit.

For what it's worth, getting up that next 3% took me half an hour, so I'm 50% in at 3 and 1/2 hours.

You having fun though? :D

Top Bottom