• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted |OT|

those shots look simply incredible....damn with HS, then R & C and then AC, there has been a run of great looking games...Uncharted, looks to keep on improving things...not surprised though, its ND

careksims

dollartaco said:
I'm so out of my element here, but is the game supposed to be shipped today? I checked Gamestop's website and it said it was. Guess I thought it was coming next week...

It shipped on Thursday and will be in stores TODAY! Friday :) Call your GS/EB store or Toys R' US to make sure though.

Kittonwy

Banned
BuddyC said:
There ...isn't a whole lot of actual exploration thus far. Sure, there are some very open environments, but you "explore" them as you work your way through them in that linear video game style. Shiny flashy things are hiding behind trees and on really dark ledges. I'm grabbing them when I see them, but I've never been one for collectathon crap.

My friend, it's all about melee moves and headshots.

Awesome.
Indifferent2.gif

M3Freak

Banned
Greg said:
As sad as it sounds, you are making me question my purchase.

However, after the terrible Ratchet sales
so far
(even though I did buy it), I'm thinking I have to buy Uncharted now.

Ratchet and Clank isn't selling well? Really?

HAHAHA I went 3 pages deep thinking the thread had disappeared before I realized it was now a sticky.

M3Freak said:
Ratchet and Clank isn't selling well? Really?

Last I heard it was doing really well.
Dont fret though most of Ratchet and Uncharted's revenue will come from this christmas and after thanksgiving.

M3Freak

Banned
YYZ said:
I'm calling the Eaton Centre one later today, I'll let you guys know. Also calling other GAF gaming store favourites in TO.

Marconelly, nice theme, I'm using that for now. I'm using it with the first Uncharted wallpaper that Sony put up on the store, it fits nicely.

I'm downtown!!! IS IT THERE?!?! CAN I RUSH THE STORE AND BUY IT AT LUNCH TIME?!?! TEEELLLLLLLLLL MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Oh man, Uncharted better put some fire on the PS3 software sales. It's nice to see some healthy hype for once for a game I like so much. I seriously don't understand what purpose people see in their early bought PS3s if they're not buying great games (R&C sales are pretty sub-par apparently, much like HS earlier). Still, I think Uncharted has the most marketing/selling potential of the three, I really want to see it do well.

deepbrown said:
What's the secret code on the gold one Marcs!!!? It's too small here to translate :O
There's no secret code there :) That ornament is not from Uncharted or Uncharted ARG actually.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
SaitoH said:
Crossing my fingers that It'll be at EB at lunch.
Same here. If not, buying it in Sony Store (if it's true that it's available there in Canada) and putting the 5$ preorder in EB towards something else.

Then I'll just put the box on display until I get DS3 from Japan, and until I finish R&C :lol

VonGak!

Banned
Thanks BlimBlim and TTP for the videos, I absolutely love them. :D

------

The Chef said:

Ohhh, more please

BruceLeeRoy said:
HAHAHA I went 3 pages deep thinking the thread had disappeared before I realized it was now a sticky.

LOL, the same here.

--------

What a pleasant surprise, I feared the thread had fallen to console war silliness and weird reviews. ^.^

Firewire

Banned
Marconelly said:
Same here. If not, buying it in Sony Store (if it's true that it's available there in Canada) and putting the 5$ preorder in EB towards something else.

Then I'll just put the box in display until I get DS3 from Japan, and until I finish R&C :lol

I found two Sony stores now that refuse to sell the game before the 19th even though they have them & know other Sony stores are selling them.

EB doesn't know what the fuck is going on, contacted 4 of them in my area 3 saying the 21st, one said no earlier than the 23rd?

TRU in Richmond Hill still doesn't have it either. Probably won't have it till next week.

Independent game shop in the area, had 10 copies all sold yesterday, don't know when they'll get more, maybe a 2 week wait.

Worst launch of a game by Sony ever. If this is the way you launch a highly anticipated game you are destined to fail. They can't even get their damn PR right, we were told the launch was the 19th after the first report of the 15th came out. And now no word or anything from Sony.

The Chef

[CFD] El Capitan said:
Holy CRAP @ that bottom screen Chef!

hahah i know how amazing is that shot.
Do you think my in laws would be pissed if i canceled the palm springs trip and stayed at home for this game?

Anastacio said:
Btw, just to let people know. My review went up today and I gave it a score of 9/10:

http://www.gamers-globe.dk/anmeldelse/playstation3/uncharted-drakes-fortune.html

Som medstifter af Sonys EDGE teknologi forventer man sig meget af Naughty Dogs debut på PlayStation 3. Det er der også god grund til, da man leverer en storslået teknisk præstation og et solidt gameplay der får dig gennem et hav af eksotiske miljøer indenfor Bermuda trekanten.

I wish I could read your impressions - can firefox translate?

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Firewire said:
I found two Sony stores now that refuse to sell the game before the 19th even though they have them & know other Sony stores are selling them.

EB doesn't know what the fuck is going on, contacted 4 of them in my area 3 saying the 21st, one said no earlier than the 23rd?

TRU in Richmond Hill still doesn't have it either. Probably won't have it till next week.

Independent game shop in the area, had 10 copies all sold yesterday, don't know when they'll get more, maybe a 2 week wait.

Worst launch of a game by Sony ever. If this is the way you launch a highly anticipated game you are destined to fail. They can't even get their damn PR right, we were told the launch was the 19th after the first report of the 15th came out. And now no word or anything from Sony.
Unofficial selling before the official date is nothing new. Happens with quite a few games. You're not "supposed" to be able to buy the game before the 19th, even though it's shipped. It's actually good that they finally started shipping early and just have "street date" on a game, so you don't have to wait for days after the official release date if you live in some smaller town. And yeah, EB guys here usually have no clue about release dates unless it's some really huge release.

Evazan

aka [CFD] El Capitan
The Chef said:
hahah i know how amazing is that shot.
Do you think my in laws would be pissed if i canceled the palm springs trip and stayed at home for this game?

HA! Show them some screen shots and then i'm pretty sure they will nod their heads in approval and dismiss you.

Leo the 3rd

Lord of the Manberries
Just some follow up - gorgeous game. 720p does upscale properly to 1080i (hooraay for us old bigscreen owners with 1080i/480p sets). The game also allows you to set the audio and speaker size separate for the center channel from your normal config - so if you want DTS audio instead of DD, switch it in the menus. The water effects are just beautiful. If you were on the fence about this game, don't be. Go for it.

The Chef

[CFD] El Capitan said:
HA! Show them some screen shots and then i'm pretty sure they will nod their heads in approval and dismiss you.

hahahahahaha awesome idea

Synless said:
Game is great so far, I'll post impressions later!!!!!!!!!!

oh you son of a bitch, hurry up and post!

VonGak!

Banned
The Chef said:
I wish I could read your impressions - can firefox translate?

Dunno, I'd say it's too well written for a straight translation.

Perhaps we can make Pistachio do a quick translation. ^.^

tanod

when is my burrito
My local Gamestop has "a lot of copies" in stock. Sending my wife to go get it when she gets groceries for the week today. YAY for enabling wives!! :D

M3Freak

Banned
- EB in Eaton Centre is all jammed up: constant busy signal.
- Game Shack in the Atrium at Bay will have it tonight at 5:00 p.m. :(
- Sony Store in Eaton Centre said they'll have it on the 19th.

The freaking Toys R Us that used to be on Yonge in the downtown core moved north, all the way to Eglington.

Is there any other store in the area that sells video games?

calder

Winnipeg update:
- Sony Store no joy. Guy said check next week, clearly had no idea when it was out
- EB said it no longer shows as "upcoming" in their system, which means that it's been sent out to the stores. Yay! Will call them back this afternoon.
- TRU: agonizing phone call lead to no helpful info of any kind.

Synless

The Chef said:
oh you son of a bitch, hurry up and post!

6sb407o.jpg

OK here we go. Graphics this game is a stunner we all know this but damn seeing the lighting (the part with the flashlights in the cave when you point the light at the old guy his shadow casts on the wall and depeding on the distance from him and the wall it gets bigger or smaller, its amazing looking.) and and everything flowing together is nothing short of amazing and yes there is tearing and texture pop-up, the texture pop-up seems to come only at the beginning of the level and I haven't seen it happen anywhere else, and the screen tearing happens usually during the rotation of the camera so when you adjust your view it's gonna happen almost everytime.

The gameplay is pretty solid from what I've played the combos you can do arean't so limited and there's a bit of variety from them from what I've done so far, the shooting is tight and the controls work very well.

The sound is great too there's alot of noises from birds and things that would be in the jungle and the music is subtle most of the time unless the action picks up or a discovery happens.

If you guys have any questions let me know I'll try and answer them the best I can.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Leo the 3rd said:
Just some follow up - gorgeous game. 720p does upscale properly to 1080i (hooraay for us old bigscreen owners with 1080i/480p sets). The game also allows you to set the audio and speaker size separate for the center channel from your normal config - so if you want DTS audio instead of DD, switch it in the menus. The water effects are just beautiful. If you were on the fence about this game, don't be. Go for it.
Can some of you with the game tell me if DTS in this game sounds better than DD5.1

I know DTS in general should sound better as it has higher bitrate compression, but I'm thinking it depends on encoder more than anything, and I'm wondering if DD5.1 PS3 software encoder is better/more mature tech. I know Resistance for whatever reason defaults to DD5.1 even when you have DTS enabled in the system settings. You have to actually disable DD5.1 in settings for Resistance to switch to DTS.

Firewire

Banned
M3Freak said:
- EB in Eaton Centre is all jammed up: constant busy signal.
- Game Shack in the Atrium at Bay will have it tonight at 5:00 p.m. :(
- Sony Store in Eaton Centre said they'll have it on the 19th.

The freaking Toys R Us that used to be on Yonge in the downtown core moved north, all the way to Eglington.

Is there any other store in the area that sells video games?

I've called about 10 EB's in the GTA now, some have it but won't sell it till the 19th or 21st? One even said 23rd.

Called every damn Sony store in the GTA & a couple in the city, they won't sell it till the 19th.

TRU doesn't have them except for the Barrie & Oshawa stores (reported by Gafers) The Eglington store is busy signal crazy, got through, they don't have it.

I've called 3 independent shops now, all sold out yesterday, 1 still had a copy but its reserved.

We are screwed till next week. Your best bet is Game Shack.

steve

Banned
1. Has anyone NOT on the East Coast found this for sale yet?
2. I have to attend my brother in law's wedding in the Dominican Republic next week, is it wrong that I'd rather stay home and Play Uncharted? :lol

3. Most importantly, WTF Tools of Destruction isn't selling well?!@ It's one of the best games I've ever had the honour of owning, if you don't have it yet, GO BUY IT!

Oh, and stop using that image host, every single one of them says bandwidth exceeded. >.<

Pharmacy

Banned
guys,, i'd just like to say...your all delusional fanboys...ps3 cannot even DO hi-res texutres i mean look at dis shit lmao

7274hg8.jpg

8b9js0p.jpg

85azeqs.jpg

86e4hti.jpg

6nvy9ox.jpg

80w6mu9.jpg

73lrhaq.jpg

in case your sarcasm detectors are broken like usual, im joking

Synless

Pharmacy said:
guys,, i'd just like to say...your all delusional fanboys...ps3 cannot even DO hi-res texutres i mean look at dis shit lmao

in case your sarcasm detectors are broken like usual, im joking

The textures in this game are incredibly amazing I've been staring at everything and damn it's insane!!!!!!!

slade

Firewire said:
Called every damn Sony store in the GTA & a couple in the city, they won't sell it till the 19th.

Did you call the Sony store at the Mississauga Heartland location? They told me they wouldn't be selling it until today and the one in Square One sold it to me yesterday.

Top Bottom