• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted |OT|

Firewire

Banned
slade said:
Did you call the Sony store at the Mississauga Heartland location? They told me they wouldn't be selling it until today and the one in Square One sold it to me yesterday.

Yeah, Heartland said the 19th. Square One all I get is the busy signal.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
I got the first copy at my GS as well! :D
I didn't even pre-order or anything...the dude was like "Did you reserve it?"
Me: "Nope..."
GS dude: "Why not?"
Me: "Didn't feel like it."
GS Dude: "Ok, let me see if we have enough copies *walks off for 5 mins*"
GS Dude: "You're lucky, we got one for you."
Me: "OK...thanks?"

I'm unwrapping it as I type...soooo sexy.

The Chef

Pharmacy said:
guys,, i'd just like to say...your all delusional fanboys...ps3 cannot even DO hi-res texutres i mean look at dis shit lmao

Omg Pharmacy I was reading your post and I was thinking "mmm this doesn't sound like something this guy would typically say."

So thanks for the spoiler tag at the end

Synless

Kaako said:

I hope your ready for greatness because that's all you'll find in this game.

The Chef

Kaako said:

I bet if you walked back in with a hat on and bought another one he would say the exact same thing

Pharmacy said:
guys,, i'd just like to say...your all delusional fanboys...ps3 cannot even DO hi-res texutres i mean look at dis shit lmao

http://i14.tinypic.com/7274hg8.jpg
http://i7.tinypic.com/8b9js0p.jpg
http://i16.tinypic.com/85azeqs.jpg
http://i1.tinypic.com/86e4hti.jpg
http://i17.tinypic.com/6nvy9ox.jpg
http://i3.tinypic.com/80w6mu9.jpg
http://i1.tinypic.com/73lrhaq.jpg

in case your sarcasm detectors are broken like usual, im joking

How could you have missed the most impressive pic of that batch?

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Synless said:
I hope your ready for greatness because that's all you'll find in this game.
Hell yea...I'm totally ready for this baby.

The Chef said:
I bet if you walked back in with a hat on and bought another one he would say the exact same thing
Yup. :lol

*Pops Uncharted in PS3 and sits tight on couch like a little baby*
I'll be back later with impressions maybe...peace.

The Chef

Kaako said:
Hell yea...I'm totally ready for this baby.

Yup. :lol

*Pops Uncharted in PS3 and sits tight on couch like a little baby*
I'll be back later with impressions maybe...peace.

Geez AM I THE ONLY ONE WORKING TODAY!?

Dante

:lol Anybody else think this game is gonna take em 40 hours due to the need to stop and stare at every texture and detail?

All the stores in my area seem to be clueless about this having shipped yesterday. It's amazing to think how much more a person can know about a store's shipments than its employees.

Pharmacy said:
huh???????

i just took those pictures myself
Oh :p You took some in the same areas of an old batch I saw once. And one of them had the most impressive texturing work I've seen in a game so far.

DSCF7961.jpg

cgcg

All sarcasms aside this game does have the best textures in a console game so far. I would also say PC but I have a shitty video card so I can't judge.

megateto

The q&a thing is not going to get noticed on the sticky thread... Somebody with better communication skills than me make a new thread!!!

deepbrown

Marconelly said:
No luck here where I live. Sony Store doesn't have it, same with two EBs.
Mwah haha! you will have to wait until I get it. So did you write that code on the coin? it's definitely there...i can see the symbols.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
deepbrown said:
Mwah haha! you will have to wait until I get it. So did you write that code on the coin? it's definitely there...i can see the symbols.
Yes, there are symbols there, but I think that artifact is one of the artifacts from Indy movies. It is definitely not related to Uncharted as I've had that image looong before Uncharted was even announced.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
M3Freak said:
I'm going to try the EB in brampton tonight, but it looks like I'm out of luck until the 19th, at least.
Yeah, I kinda half-heartedly knew that despite all those reports that "the game will be in all Sony Stores in Canada, it just wouldn't happen here. Where I live, it has never happened that any game was made available early, or 99% of time even on the day of the release.

Firewire

Banned
M3Freak said:
I'm going to try the EB in brampton tonight, but it looks like I'm out of luck until the 19th, at least.

M3 / Marconelly! (Try a TRU near you) I got it!

TRU in Richmond Hill (They had about 10-15 on the shelf)
(Its between Young & Bayview on Highway 7, North side Plaza next to Canadian Tire)

295 HIGH TECH ROAD
RICHMOND HILL, ON
L4B 4R2
Contact Information:
Phone: (905) 763-7582

3571m.jpg

Gamestop on the West side of Madison, WI just got them in. Got the first one out of the box.

GameStop
Mall: Prairie Towne Ctr(F)
8118 Mineral Point Road
Madison WI, 53719 US
(608)833-6767
Hours: Mon-Sat 10am-9pm, Sun 12pm-6pm*

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Got mine!

...won't be able to touch it for a while, though. I'm out all weekend and I want to tackle my other games first.

Synless

I just got to the part in the demo and it says 21% complete....that can't be right can it? it took me 1 hour 20 minutes to get there. thats trucking along if you ask me and that's with me looking for the treasures.

The Chef

TTP said:
Click here for the HD version of that :p

http://www.gamersyde.com/news_5511.html (it's Exploration 02)

OMG THANK YOU!
I was watching the video I posted and its so small it doesn't do any justice.

So I just left work and ran to my gamestop (Gaf is a bad influence on me).
The guy was opening a box of them right there. There must have been 50 discs so I ask for one.

GS: Did you reserve one?
Me: Nope.
GS: Ok well here you go (hands me one from the pile). This game has been getting great reviews.
Me: I know Im pretty excited
GS: Well hopefully after I play it I wont feel so screwed.
Me: uh......ok thanks.

Loudninja

Synless said:
I just got to the part in the demo and it says 21% complete....that can't be right can it? it took me 1 hour 20 minutes to get there. thats trucking along if you ask me and that's with me looking for the treasures.

The First chapters are short

deepbrown

"What aspect of the game are you least happy with and why?

Evan Wells: Well this is going to sound strange because it looks so nice, but I'd say the water. And not because there is anything wrong with it but very early in our design stages we wanted to do a lot more fluid dynamics that really affected gameplay. It was cut from the plan very early because of the technological challenges that it presented. But it's something that we want to take another stab at in a future title."

" As a developer, do Naughty Dog feel that optimising code to get rid of immersion-breaking anomalies like tearing etc are high on their list of priorities?

Evan Wells: Hah! I knew the screen tearing question was coming! We obviously take the look of the game very seriously and we want to create the most beautiful experience possible. So we walk a very fine line. We try to put as much on the screen as possible which of course has an impact on the framerate. If the game occasionally slips below 30FPS we have a choice to make... do you want to drop the framerate down to 20FPS or let the screen tear momentarily. We opted for the latter. It happens very infrequently and we feel that the increased number of polygons and effects that we can use outweighs the occasional artifact."

Agreed.

tanod

when is my burrito
Synless said:
Wait, does it go by the percentage of each chapter or percentage of game? because if thats the game I'm kicking ass.

There's
chapters, BTW. The demo is the beginning of the 4th.

Evazan

aka [CFD] El Capitan
We are talking with the Home development team and looking forward to working with the SDK when it's available.
- Evan from ND.

Kinda off topic a little but in the interview going on right now he says they dont even have a Home SDK? whats that all about?

Synless

tanod said:
There's
chapters, BTW. The demo is the beginning of the 4th.
ahhh, I see, well how many treasures did you all have by the I have 8.....I think I may have missed some.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
deepbrown said:
"What aspect of the game are you least happy with and why?

Evan Wells: Well this is going to sound strange because it looks so nice, but I'd say the water. And not because there is anything wrong with it but very early in our design stages we wanted to do a lot more fluid dynamics that really affected gameplay. It was cut from the plan very early because of the technological challenges that it presented. But it's something that we want to take another stab at in a future title."

" As a developer, do Naughty Dog feel that optimising code to get rid of immersion-breaking anomalies like tearing etc are high on their list of priorities?

Evan Wells: Hah! I knew the screen tearing question was coming! We obviously take the look of the game very seriously and we want to create the most beautiful experience possible. So we walk a very fine line. We try to put as much on the screen as possible which of course has an impact on the framerate. If the game occasionally slips below 30FPS we have a choice to make... do you want to drop the framerate down to 20FPS or let the screen tear momentarily. We opted for the latter. It happens very infrequently and we feel that the increased number of polygons and effects that we can use outweighs the occasional artifact."

Agreed.

I dont. Both frame drops and tearing are bad. The best solution is to lower the polygon count or the texture quality a bit. Like take away this rock here, that plant over there or have 3 enemies coming from behind the corner rather than 5.

Synless

TTP said:
I dont. Both frame drops and tearing are bad. The best solution is to lower the polygon count or the texture quality a bit. Like take away this rock here, that plant over there or have 3 enemies coming from behind the corner rather than 5.
screen tearing in this game really isn't horrible it happens but I would rather have it this way rather then framerate problems.

steve

Banned
Our ragdoll I think can stand up with the best of them especially as they interact and the dead bodies float on the water.

I can honestly say I've never seen that in a game before that I can recall. Outstanding.

deepbrown

TTP said:
Dont agree. SOTC. It doesn't bother me and it doesn't bother the majority of gamers. Especially when it's at the level ND have taken it to. So fun over minimal tearing EVERY time.

Top Bottom