• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted |OT|

Bebpo

Banned
Got my copy today. Woohoo! Going to drop AC and just play this non-stop this weekend along with more Contra 4. Shooting stuff ftw!

Evazan

aka [CFD] El Capitan
Loudninja said:
The fuck?Where are the impressions!~ :D Remebr gusy, I will not get the game until December 25th, make it easy for me!

o_0

What the hell is wrong with you son?

Oh wait your GF was getting it for you right?

Dump that ho if she doesnt buy that crap today!

I couldn't resist and i snagged a copy today.

I'm only like an hour in but OMG this game is so much fun and looks AMAZING. By far the best console graphics around. A little screen tearing here and there, but it pales in comparison to all the rest thats going on.

The gunplay is rock solid, and going through the adventure/platforming is just so fun. Its varied, has a great cinematic feel and what makes everything gel into a rewarding experience is the charcters, writing and voice acting performances.

The game is delivering in everything that i hoped this game could be. By boyhood dreams of gaming are coming true. First with Eye of Judgement (holographic board games!) and now with Uncharted. I'm playing the blockbuster Hollywood action/adventure movie!

The only problem is i can't eat popcorn because my hands are busy with the controller :D

careksims

Holy Damn! This game is so gorgeous! Also found my first treasure and so now I'm gonna' take my friggin' sweet time searching for stuff.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
If Naughty Dog were to make a Tomb Raider game, it'd be the best damn TR game ever. This game is fantastic. It seems to lack polish here and there, possibly indicating some rushing, but nevetheless, it is jaw-droppingly gorgeous and plays great.

AlphaSnake said:
If Naughty Dog were to make a Tomb Raider game, it'd be the best damn TR game ever. This game is fantastic. It seems to lack polish here and there, possibly indicating some rushing, but nevetheless, it is jaw-droppingly gorgeous and plays great.

being the big TR fan, i'm real curious to hear Garnett's impressions of the game on the 1up yours podcast. The game just laps Tomb Raider: Legend and i remember him praising that game last year.

whoa, whats this about it being released on friday?

damn! Gamestop called yesterday about it but another family member picked up and didnt think to tell me.

Evazan

aka [CFD] El Capitan
Linkzg said:
whoa, whats this about it being released on friday?

Its not supposed to be but a lot of places are getting shipments in and selling it right away.

Just got mine JUST now! WOOOOHOOO!

Chiggs

Gold Member
The dialogue is fairly solid in this game. I haven't wanted to throw up or turn my PS3 off, so that's definitely a positive.

My impressions thus far? Good, not great. Then again, I'm about an hour or so in.

KTallguy said:
This game really doesn't play at all like Tomb Raider.

Yes it sort of does. I was climbing around the
U-Boat level
, and Tomb Raider kept coming to mind, especially because of the moves that Nate has.

I got mine today at Game Stop in Columbia SC!!!!!! I have to wait until tonight to play it though b/c of prior engagements. The wait is killing me!

Bulla564

Banned
Just got my copy.

Apparently Best Buy are not supposed to sell it today, and the guy was being an asshole. He had the box in his arms when I came in and even taunted me with it. I had to get a fucking manager, cuz they made up some bullshit story about not being able to ring it up in the computer.

Even then, the manager told me to keep it hushed. I wasn't going to leave that store w/o my game. Can't wait to pop it in.

zombi

Just picked it up and wow. Add me to the list of satisfied owners. My worries about balance between gunplay and adventure platforming have all been laid to rest. When it is heavy on one its not too heavy and it never feels light on either.
Oh and the rewards/medals system is awesome, sometimes I forget how fun achievements are.

Atomspike

Just got it from Zellers Alexis Nihon , Mtl

caught the employee putting a stack in the display window , my luck!

the fuckers sell it for $69 , if you don't mind the $10 rape.

The Chef

[CFD] El Capitan said:
Here are some...I dont know why the OP hasnt been updated.

mostly because the OP is terrible. BruceLeeroy's graphics saved the damn thing. This game deserves much more than what it was given :(

joesmokey

Just finished the first two chapters, the game is incredibly impressive so far.

With that said, like others have stated there actually is a large amount of screen tearing going on, with some particular areas incredibly bad
the outside ruins sections
. Graphics are gorgeous of course, and the storyline is pretty engaging so far. I have noticed very infrequent texture popping as reported in the IGN review, but that was only during the loading/cutscene/start of a new area, hardly anything to complain about yet.

Drake is definitely starting to seem less and less like an "ordinary" man though :lol.

Back to playing, the flow of the game has been great so far!

Maggot9

Banned
Bulla564 said:
Just got my copy.

Apparently Best Buy are not supposed to sell it today, and the guy was being an asshole. He had the box in his arms when I came in and even taunted me with it. I had to get a fucking manager, cuz they made up some bullshit story about not being able to ring it up in the computer.

Even then, the manager told me to keep it hushed. I wasn't going to leave that store w/o my game. Can't wait to pop it in.

Umm, they had every right to refuse you the game.

Flo_Evans

I am a little disappointed they released this early with the tearing... I guess the PS3 need anything/everything it can right now, but I wish they would of given ND a bit more time to optimize the game. /shrug

Now the $60 question, finish mario or get this and play it all weekend :D

careksims

This is one of those games you just simply have to experience yourself. The little things that just come up. I'm only on the 3rd chapter but the gameplay is great. I love the cover mechanics.

steve

Banned
The Chef said:
mostly because the OP is terrible. BruceLeeroy's graphics saved the damn thing. This game deserves much more than what it was given :(
It links straight to MetaCritic, which gives you an individualized breakdown of each and every review. Why on earth would I bother posting the exact same info twice? Hell, I've even gone ahead and kept the current average % score updated while I'm here at work for the few too lazy to click the link (it currently sits at 87%), so please, by all means, bite me.

Loudninja

careksims said:
This is one of those games you just simply have to experience yourself. The little things that just come up. I'm only on the 3rd chapter but the gameplay is great. I love the cover mechanics.

How many hours you are in?

Evazan

aka [CFD] El Capitan
steve said:
Bite me.

It links straight to MetaCritic, which gives you an individualized breakdown of each and every review. Why on earth would I bother posting the exact same info twice? Hell, I've even gone ahead and posted the current average % score updated while I'm here at work for the few too lazy to click the link (it currently sits at 87%), so please, by all means, bite me.

STEVE HOLT!

Anywho...i'm off to play the game!

Loudninja

steve said:
It links straight to MetaCritic, which gives you an individualized breakdown of each and every review. Why on earth would I bother posting the exact same info twice? Hell, I've even gone ahead and kept the current average % score updated while I'm here at work for the few too lazy to click the link (it currently sits at 87%), so please, by all means, bite me.

Steve has spoken!

Loudninja

careksims said:
I lost track of time. I think maybe like 2 hours or a bit more? I'm playing this on normal >_> *don't kill me Kittonwy!*

I going to play on normal as well.But anyone who plays on easy should be ashame!!

deepbrown

Flo_Evans said:
I am a little disappointed they released this early with the tearing... I guess the PS3 need anything/everything it can right now, but I wish they would of given ND a bit more time to optimize the game. /shrug

Now the $60 question, finish mario or get this and play it all weekend :D
They released it when they wanted to.

Everyone who is playing make sure that both 1080p and 1080i are TURNED OFF on your PS3. Thus, less, to non-existent tearing

tanod

when is my burrito
How's this for being weird?

I make the demo thread and play through it a grand total of ONE time. Yep, once. That's all it took to set my mind at ease. I loved it and I even wanted to go back to it and play it again because I had so much fun with it. Today, I sold my extra 360 controller to my best friend to afford this (it was brand new so he paid me my cost).

Now I have the game in my hand. My wife and Gamestop pulled through. Even got a 10% off coupon from CAG. Gonna start playing in a bit. Today is a good day. :)

Halvie

Banned
I am only about an hour or so into it but its pretty amazing so far. Really like it and I usually am not into these types of games.

Flo_Evans

deepbrown said:
They released it when they wanted to.

Everyone who is playing make sure that both 1080p and 1080i are TURNED OFF on your PS3. Thus, less, to non-existent tearing

The final game upscales? I don't remember the demo doing that.

Top Bottom