• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted |OT|

Evlar

Banned
gketter said:
so what is your preference? The AK-47 or the Shotgun?

I've been going with the shotgun because the pistol is so good with the headshots and if the guys swarm then i switch to the shotty and waste them

With the machine gun, i run out of ammo too quickly
Definitely the shotgun. The AK-47 could smite foes down with lightning and ammo could be lying under every rock and I'd still pick the shotty.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
gketter said:

I've been going with the shotgun because the pistol is so good with the headshots and if the guys swarm then i switch to the shotty and waste them

Short-range: Shotty...absolutely brutal!
Long range: AK or better yet the
M14 ;)
I also love the Desert Eagle 0.50 as well. So effing powerful.
:D

That being said, I try to get the "achievement" for every single weapon. I'm done with the AK, pistol, the old revolver, Shotgun, and the uzi look alike gun I think.

Whoa...what the hell. I had no idea this was out today until I stopped off to trade in my copy of CoD4 for Assassin's Creed. I saw two lonely copies of Uncharted sitting behind the counter and all the sudden my plans had changed. Screw AC, I was getting Uncharted. I come back to GAF thinking that I just scored it early and was all set to gloat but it looks like everyone got it. Heh.

Anyway, yeah. Drake's Fortune. Time to play.

Kaako said:
Whaaaaaaaaa? O_O
Heresy I say...burn him.

I bought CoD4 for my 360 so I could play online with the ol' GAF Chromehounds gang but then my 360 RRODed this morning before I could even open up the wrapper. So I decided to get Assassin's Creed for the PS3....might as well play something while I wait for my coffin from MS....but Uncharted is a much, much better deal.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Hitler Stole My Potato said:
I bought CoD4 for my 360 so I could play online with the ol' GAF Chromehounds gang but then my 360 RRODed this morning before I could even open up the wrapper. So I decided to get Assassin's Creed for the PS3....might as well play something while I wait for my coffin from MS....but Uncharted is a much, much better deal.
Forgive me good sir, for I was mistaken.
That suck though, my friend's redringed on him twice now.

tanod said:
November is a sad time for wallets. Like I said earlier, I sold my extra 360 controller to pay for this.
Excellent choice if I may say so. It's totally worth it.

Loudninja said:
O Sony, you fail yet again.
jk ;P

Flo_Evans

woot got the last copy of it at gamestop. I tried to get it at best buy but the dude there kept insisting that it didn't come out till the 20th. I'm like no, it was released early... then he starts in on how I don't really want it. He goes " did you play the demo, its just tomb raider!" He must of been a former gamestop employee... :lol So I left and went to gamestop and got the last one. Gutted of course >_< Now I can't play it cause my GF wants to watch a movie ;_; it's a hard life.

Loudninja

Flo_Evans said:
woot got the last copy of it at gamestop. I tried to get it at best buy but the dude there kept insisting that it didn't come out till the 20th. I'm like no, it was released early... then he starts in on how I don't really want it. He goes " did you play the demo, its just tomb raider!" He must of been a former gamestop employee... :lol So I left and went to gamestop and got the last one. Gutted of course >_< Now I can't play it cause my GF wants to watch a movie ;_; it's a hard life.

So they were sold out?

Also Kaako, you right they FAIL!

Loudninja said:
like 20 times already
Sorry, 155 pages of thread is just too much to sift through.

Kaako said:
Have you played Uncharted yet? If so, what are your impressions?
Downloaded the demo, will check out tonight or this weekend. Unless I'll hate it I'll probably pick it up as I like this kind of game usually.

Kittonwy

Banned
Holy shit that lighting and shadowing engine is fucking advanced, they've got self-shadowing and dynamic shadowing going on nearly everything and spotlights acts as a dynamic light source just like the sun overhead, reflection in the water is superb, good damn it barrelama!!! Best console graphics by far, it's not even a contest right now, I was playing COD4 last night and playing Uncharted right now, the visuals puts COD4 to fucking shame. AND I like the gunplay in Uncharted better.
gladtomeetya.gif

tehbear

LiquidMetal14 said:
I wants a cookie and BTW, the inside of the case does have artwork. Probably already been discussed but thought I'd let some know incase they don't know yet.

SANY0550.jpg

lol I picked up the exact same thing (minus CoD4)

Shit I am so conflicted, Assassin's Creed intro was freaking amazing, but Uncharted is amazing too. What do I play lol?! Maybe I should do one chapter of that and one of Uncharted.

Such a nice surprise to have it early, but man, too much good stuff now.

dfyb

Banned
gketter said:

92FS, Micro, and Spas
are all really cool :D

YYZ

this game is fun so far, masterful storytelling, best I've seen yet. It's very frustrating to try to get headshots with this controller, I am a KB+M person when it comes to shooting. Other than that, this game has a level of polish that's unprecedented.

Basch

calder said:
No one had it today, stopped at a few places and they all said 19th. :(

I picked up mine today. Too bad I'm putting it away until Christmas so I can restrict my spending. :D There is just so many good games, but I can't afford any more. Oh, man, it sure will be a test of will. :lol

If your in Sioux Falls, yeah, whatever, you can pick the game up today. Surprised me!

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Loudninja said:
Tell us have they both play man!~my God they fuck up the AC case
It ain't really messed up. I rather like the package. It comes with this clear plastic sleve that slides over the whole tin case. Once you remove that it looks a little less awkward. Really good, AC. Uncharted is OMG good, for me, right now. I cannot describe it but it has this draw in the setting and storytelling. Truly a jaw dropping game.

joesmokey

Just got to Chapter 6, I'm loving this game more and more. The vistas created by some of the camera perspectives are just simply stunning.

Those of you thinking that there won't be enough platforming, you won't be disappointed. Without giving percentages, I'd definitely say there's more platforming than shooting. It's a good balance so far, though sometimes you have no idea when you'll run into a group of enemies or not. Platforming is fun to do, every once in awhile I have trouble seeing that ledge or cliff sticking out on where to go next, basically just do leaps of faith and they end up working :lol .

So far I've found no reason to switch out of the normal handgun and shotgun combo. Handgun is insane for headshots and all you really need for long range.

Belfast

Kittonwy said:
Holy shit that lighting and shadowing engine is fucking advanced, they've got self-shadowing and dynamic shadowing going on nearly everything and spotlights acts as a dynamic light source just like the sun overhead, reflection in the water is superb, good damn it barrelama!!! Best console graphics by far, it's not even a contest right now, I was playing COD4 last night and playing Uncharted right now, the visuals puts COD4 to fucking shame. AND I like the gunplay in Uncharted better.
gladtomeetya.gif

The lighting is truly kerrraazyyy!!

And when you get to Chapter 4, that area where you're on a cliff and get a good look at the ocean, frickin' gorgeous! I mean, I know it's just open ocean, but it's the best damn open ocean I've seen in a game!

Loudninja

LiquidMetal14 said:
It ain't really messed up. I rather like the package. It comes with this clear plastic sleve that slides over the whole tin case. Once you remove that it looks a little less awkward. Really good, AC. Uncharted is OMG good, for me, right now. I cannot describe it but it has this draw in the setting and storytelling. Truly a jaw dropping game.

It loosk like they jsut cut off the logos!, but the Uncharetd boxart is GREAT!

Dante

Finally home.

Didn't get my Dual Shock 3 today :(

hopefully tommorow.

Eating some Chicken nowstaring at my boxart, wanna get this eating thing out of the way. Got some good wine. Uncharted is my date this Friday Evening :D

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Loudninja said:
It loosk like they jsut cut off the logos!, but the Uncharetd boxart is GREAT!
The inside does have the artwork in the inner sleeve too. Something I didn't expect from the initial set of pics I seen.

Dragon

Banned
I'm on Chapter 15 lol :/ I took the day off from work and have been playing all day. The character interactions are the best I've ever seen in a video game. Pure fun from that perspective. I think I get the most fun out of combat when I scissorkick some pirate right upside his taunting head! I won't get into the story too much but I don't want it to end.

I was a bit disappointed with the
jet ski part, the controls were a little bit flaky compared to how well Drake controls normally.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
im in "drowed City", i'll stop for today

but man im loving this game, top noch story telling, great voice acting, fairly challenging...no Loading screens, THE BEST GRAPHICS i've seen on console so far....

$60 well spent

tanod

when is my burrito
OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG :D:D:D

This game is friggin crazy WOWOWOWOWOWOWOW

Just made it to chapter 4.

2 Shitting my pants WOW moments so far:

1)
When you start running across the collapsing bridge into the camera. I was freaking out and laughing and repeating "holy shit, holy shit, this looks so cool" and then I died on the last jump. I did it again and made it across the second time but it was still so damn awesome.

2)
Looking out into the sun through the waterfall over the U-boat. My fucking god. The waterfall and the mist coming up from where it hits the water. Holy frigging crap, it was just...just... jaw droppingly gorgeous.

Holy cow. I have NEVER seen/played anything like this before. I thought Ratchet looked good but this is way beyond that. I have to take a break and listen to 1UP Yours but damn, what a showpiece of a game.

BTW, playing in 720p. Didn't notice any tearing, rare framerate drops.

Loudninja

tanod said:

1)
When you start running across the collapsing bridge into the camera. I was freaking out and laughing and repeating "holy shit, holy shit, this looks so cool" and then I died on the last jump. I did it again and made it across the second time but it was still so damn awesome.

2)
Looking out into the sun through the waterfall over the U-boat. My fucking god. The waterfall and the mist coming up from where it hits the water. Holy frigging crap, it was just...just... jaw droppingly gorgeous.

Holy cow. I have NEVER seen/played anything like this before. I thought Ratchet looked good but this is way beyond that. I have to take a break and listen to 1UP Yours but damn, what a showpiece of a game.

Damn, thanks dude :D

~Devil Trigger~ said:
im in "drowed City", i'll stop for today

but man im loving this game, top noch story telling, great voice acting, fairly challenging...no Loading screens, THE BEST GRAPHICS i've seen on console so far....

$60 well spent

That's where i'm stopping for today as well. Simply an amazing game. I don't know how any reviewer could play this and give it anything but 9 or higher. Great pacing, action, graphics, dialog, etc.

It has the best looking graphics and NO loading times. Simply amazing. When does it load? Even the death reload is super fast.

And everytime i hit a new breathtaking area in the game, or a great waterfall, or sunset i think to the 9/10 graphics rating by IGN and laugh.

Also another random thought while wandering through the jungle. I started to think of MGS3 and how amazing it'd be to play MGS3 with these kinds of graphics for the jungles. That'd be pretty awesome.

Bebpo

Banned
tanod said:

1)

2)

Hey,
Since you died in #1, did your system take forever to reload that checkpoint? Mine went to loading screen and sat for like a minute >_<

That section was very, very Naughty Dog. I could almost hear the Crash music. :p

Gribbix

Just picked up my copy. I'm so glad I decided to stop by on the way to class yesterday and reserve the game. By the time I got there tonight, all they had left were reserved copies.

Dante

Wine is poured.

Candles are lit.

Coconut Incense is buring.

About to pop this bad boy in............The PS3.

See y'all in a few hours :D

Top Bottom