• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted |OT|

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
I'm late to the demo party! It started out super cool with the intro and the climbing and adventuring around was fun and then when it got to where guys are shooting at you.... I died.... and died and died and quit out of the demo. And that was on "Easy." ;_; Oh well...

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
quick question... has the code been released for
baseball shirt drakeit says "enter a special button sequence to unlock"

tanod

when is my burrito
Jtyettis said:
Amazing game so far. Was this game supposed to support 1080i? The best I'm getting is 720p.

720p is the preferred/default resolution. It will go to 1080i if you don't have 720p selected.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
For those of you who have the game freezing - 9 times out of 10, problems like that are not disc related or console related, but rather happen because something somewhere went wrong in the game and you saved that corrupted state so when you reload, you're still getting the same freezing problem. The solution usually is to reload the previous save, or to restart from previous level or something along those lines.

I remember however Jak 2 had an especially nasty bug of this kind which made further progress impossible if late in the game you did some missions out of order, and you actually had to restart whole game from scratch - it didn't even help to reload earlier save state.

Kittonwy

Banned
Are they using Elena's cinematic model in-game? I zoom in on her with the rifle and she looks exactly the same. People compared this to Heavenly Sword, but this is in a slightly different league compared to Heavenly Sword in terms of what they can do all in-game.

Kittonwy

Banned
calder said:
I wish I had this game.

I think not having it is making me more annoyed with AC than I'd normally be playing it. :lol

I would just like to remind you that Uncharted: Drake's Schicksal is an AWESOME AWESOME GAME. AFW.

AWESOME-FUCKING-WOWSOME.

Indifferent2.gif

KillJade said:
Got it brand new for $20 CND:D :D
how?

For those of you who have the game freezing - 9 times out of 10, problems like that are not disc related or console related, but rather happen because something somewhere went wrong in the game and you saved that corrupted state so when you reload, you're still getting the same freezing problem. The solution usually is to reload the previous save, or to restart from previous level or something along those lines.

i think the recent psn firmware update is causing the issue. my ps3 freezes twice already after i updated to 2.00 :(

zombi

Just beat it a few minutes ago. The difficulty really ramped up at the last chapter. Overall though the game was just challenging enough. In any case I really had fun, the story was fun and entertaining and didnt try to go anywhere that would have made it suffer overall. Very fun game.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
10 Chapters in. Can't recall having this much fun with a videogame for a very long time.

Lo-Volt

Flo_Evans said:
I only had 2 bugs: it dropped allot of frames and my audio glitched at the start of the jeep chase. MAJOR SPOILER
and the game froze on the 'run' and gun' chase scene when the spaniards 1st appear.

Have you ever seen textures take a few seconds to fully load in, out of curiosity?

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Yes, there are graphical glitches, but please be aware, they are NOT game breaking.

1) Some screen tearing. Seldom occurrence.
2) Texture pop-in/textures not loaded. Goes away within 3 seconds and it happens once every 9 levels.
3) Camera issues, but its usually user fault rather than game mechanic failure.

Considering how gorgeous this game looks, what it accomplishes, and how well it does it, it's still the best looking game on consoles thus far. Nothing short of amazing.

J-Rzez

Haklong said:
I so wish I had a Dual Shock 3 controller to play it with.

To be honest, you're not really missing much without it. I dunno how long they had to implement it, but it seems like a rather short time that's for sure. The analog sticks feel absolutely incredible now, this is compared to a brand new six-axis. But, another thing I noted was that the controller didn't spaz out once yet in the game, and I'm on Ch 18 now.

HSMP said:
Holy balls at the jeep sequence! Best...graphics....ever. Now excuse me while I pick my jaw off the floor.

It's fucking incredible isn't it? The parts flying everywhere, knocking trees over, it's crazy. Also, if you shoot the trees down, they'll stop the baddies as well :D

One of the greatest get-away segments ever in a game, right up there, maybe past the motorcycle one in MGS3 and Halo CE's.

Maggot9

Banned
zombi said:
Just beat it a few minutes ago. The difficulty really ramped up at the last chapter. Overall though the game was just challenging enough. In any case I really had fun, the story was fun and entertaining and didnt try to go anywhere that would have made it suffer overall. Very fun game.

Is the
twist
at the end cool?

Halvie

Banned
anyone have any tips for this section of chapter 15...
the part in the church where you have to climb your way over to the heart class with the keys on either side. I can get to one side, jump on the key to make it come down but can't seem to figure out how to get to the other side. Once you swing on the chain and jump on the little ledge there isn't anywhere else to jump onto.

Agent X

reilo said:
10 Chapters in. Can't recall having this much fun with a videogame for a very long time.

That's about where I'm at, too.

The game is very addictive. I've already put about 4-5 hours into the game. On a couple of occasions, I figured I would stop at the conclusion of the chapter, but then I ended up deciding to play one more just to see what's next!

tanod

when is my burrito
I just got the "Strange Relic" medal. Just found it on my 2nd playthrough. :D

If you want to know what it is:
a golden precursor orb
. The detail on it is AFW. A really cool easter egg.

J-Rzez said:
It's fucking incredible isn't it? The parts flying everywhere, knocking trees over, it's crazy. Also, if you shoot the trees down, they'll stop the baddies as well :D

One of the greatest get-away segments ever in a game, right up there, maybe past the motorcycle one in MGS3 and Halo CE's.

That beat the living crap out of both MGS3 and Halo's (awful end-game imo) vehicle sequences.

I'd LOVE to see an expanded game with that stuff in there. Honestly, that was the most impressive thing I've seen this entire generation. I just...wow.....WOW! The trees falling down, explosions, bodies flying...my god. I never really cared for Naughty Dog's games in the previous generations but man I'm a believer now.

Great game.

Kittonwy

Banned
I'm surprised how player-friendly this game is considering the shooter aspect, hopping in and out of cover and running and rolling in between, switching between melee and weapon, everything is just SO EASY. There's NOTHING clunky about this game, whatsoever.
Indifferent2.gif

tanod

when is my burrito
Halvie said:
Cutting down trees during that section looks much better than in Crysis imo...like it is a smoother motion/cleaner.

Let's not invoke the wrath of Teknopathic here. It's perfectly acceptable to not have to compare Crisis to Uncharted because one's for PC and one's for consoles and there are no limits to what can be put on a PC. This is especially so if all you've seen of Crisis is in video. :\

Hitler Stole My Potato said:
Holy balls at the jeep sequence! Best...graphics....ever. Now excuse me while I pick my jaw off the floor.

ill just say that graphically, you aint seen nothing yet.

J-Rzez said:
To be honest, you're not really missing much without it. I dunno how long they had to implement it, but it seems like a rather short time that's for sure. The analog sticks feel absolutely incredible now, this is compared to a brand new six-axis. But, another thing I noted was that the controller didn't spaz out once yet in the game, and I'm on Ch 18 now.

yeah, I played the entire game with the DS3 and unless I took time to pay attention to the rumble, I would never notice it. That isnt a bad thing, I think it has to do with the gameplay is just so intense that you are 100% focused on the game and not the controller rumbling in your hands, this stuff happens with the 360 controller also.

and I didnt have one drop out while playing with the DS3, this is compared to the dozens while playing Ratchet on the Sixaxis. The added weight and better analog sticks also made it all around more enjoyable on the DS3 on top of the moments I noticed rumble.

the points you most notice rumble are when you are hurting and you feel the heart beat in the rumble, that is mainly because you are keeping down at those moments and not focusing on aiming and such.

slade

Halvie said:
anyone have any tips for this section of chapter 15...
the part in the church where you have to climb your way over to the heart class with the keys on either side. I can get to one side, jump on the key to make it come down but can't seem to figure out how to get to the other side. Once you swing on the chain and jump on the little ledge there isn't anywhere else to jump onto.

Go back, you went the wrong way. That way is only for after you've activated both keys.

zurra

anyone know how to get the treasure in chapter 13... i think it's 13...
Santuary? after you have the shootout in the courtyard and there's a treasure on the right side at the top... i took out the barrels to blow open the door but i can't find a way across the top to get to that treasure! there's one really wide area between ledges that i can't seem to jump across no matter how i try

Awntawn

Chapter 14... the intensity of the combat has picked up immensely. And the visual fidelity has gone from OMFG to OGSAHGASGHJKAHGOAHGJKDASNGIONOIUJGDHAO. Not only that, the tearing seems to have gone down significantly too.

Vroom vroom,
that second Jet-Ski sequence was pretty damn hardcore
, first one was like a bad joke in comparison.

Xellos

Just finished the game about an hour ago (7h 22min total). Short game, but awesome throughout. Loved the twist near the end; it was a great change of pace. I'll definitely be looking forward to the sequel. Maybe next time Drake can visit multiple locations instead of just one island.

I really don't like the gunplay, something about it just doesn't feel right. Platforming rocks though, level design has been pretty decent so far. The fortress looks freaking incredible. As far as textures go, this game craps all over pretty much everything out there.

Evlar

Banned
Yeah. Best game on the console (not counting BC of course). Can't quite say you should buy a whole PS3 just to play it but this, Resistance, and hopefully a couple of next year's exclusives like LBP and MGS4 will make a pretty strong argument for taking the plunge.

Haklong

J-Rzez said:

Really? I was hoping the rumble would be intense.

It's good to hear about the drop outs/controller disconnects. My controller spazzed out on me like 5 of 6 times while playing. It even got me killed once.

Big-E

Only at about chapter 8 right now but so far I am really impressed. I wasn't sure if I was going to really enjoy this but the game has blown me away.

Top Bottom