• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted |OT|

tanod

when is my burrito
Wollan said:
Even if SingStar releases this year I don't think they will be ready with the ads. Heavy marketing in Jan/Feb probably.

I know there's licensing issues but they might be trying to save Singstar to battle with Wiifit. Gunning for those casuals that might buy a Wii just for Wii Fit.

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
Kittonwy said:
That is GREAT, I really want Sony to give Uncharted the huge marketing push it needs, both Uncharted and Ratchet deserve to be marketed heavily to ensure success.
Indifferent2.gif
The article mentions they havent put this much marketing money on a title since Resistance. Very promising indeed as R:FOM is there top selling title. Sony is making some very smart moves recently. Are they reading GAF???

tanod

when is my burrito
PistolGrip said:
The article mentions they havent put this much marketing money on a title since Resistance. Very promising indeed as R:FOM is there top selling title. Sony is making some very smart moves recently. Are they reading GAF???

Resistance was marketed a million times better in Europe than it ever was in America. The trailers and ads that came out of SCEE were awesome.

Pachimari

Okay, so I just agreed to play the review copy this friday, so I'll go to complete the whole game. I am allowed to talk about the game but without saying anything more, my lips a glued. :D

Basch

Anastacio said:
Okay, so I just agreed to play the review copy this friday, so I'll go to complete the whole game. I am allowed to talk about the game but without saying anything more, my lips a glued. :D

Why? Give us impressions, now!!! So you have to wait 'til Friday to play it... That's a long time away. Tell your boss that you need to satisfy the eager fans so you'll need to play it today. :D

Pachimari

Basch said:
Why? Give us impressions, now!!! So you have to wait 'til Friday to play it... That's a long time away. Tell your boss that you need to satisfy the eager fans so you'll need to play it today. :D
I'll give you impressions next friday/saturday were I'll write the complete review as well. Though won't spoil anything, that I can promise. But maybe it'll be limited what I can say, because all of you will already have tried the demo out and other reviewers have probably already completed it.

Anastacio said:

Take for one the greater good!

We won't mind if you go to jail :D

Wollan

I think we should stay away from the 1up review text until you finish the game due to their nature of writing.
Probably some spoiler like 'the game becomes more hectic when the aliens show up in the last third'..etc.

Firewire

Banned
Anastacio said:
I'll give you impressions next friday/saturday were I'll write the complete review as well. Though won't spoil anything, that I can promise. But maybe it'll be limited what I can say, because all of you will already have tried the demo out and other reviewers have probably already completed it.

So Friday or Saturday you'll tell us about those giant spiders & mutant space aliens? :lol

Pachimari

Wollan said:
I think we should stay away from the 1up review text until you finish the game due to their nature of writing.
Probably some spoiler like 'the game becomes more hectic when the aliens show up in the last third'..etc.
You forgot the spoiler mark!!
just kiddin'
Well, I don't think 1UP will do that, I mean, I'm pretty sure they won't...

Btw, who here is playing the final version? If I remember right, there were one or two people?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I'm not touching the Uncharted demo once it gets released. I'll bet my account on it, seriously. If I download the shit, please BAN ME. HARD.

DrXym

FabCam said:
OMG, I can't believe I have to wait until Christmas for this. I hate EU release dates...

On the plus side it allows you to read the reviews before buying the game.

Basch

FabCam said:
OMG, I can't believe I have to wait until Christmas for this. I hate EU release dates...

I know; I have to wait as well. I'll pick up Uncharted: Drake's Fortune day one, but I won't be able to get the PS3 until around Christmas time. Oh, the agony! :D

Wollan

Anastacio said:
They described the mood of the Halo 3 ending in the first paragraph of the review (after promising a spoiler free review right before).

tanod

when is my burrito
It's times like these where I wish my employer had wifi. No remote play on Thursday means I have to wait until 9:00 or 10:00 for the damn demo to download. :'(

deepbrown

Anastacio said:
You forgot the spoiler mark!!
just kiddin'

Btw, who here is playing the final version? If I remember right, there were one or two people?

It's Friday! Hows the game? Please tell us young Anastacio.

Pachimari

Wollan said:
They described the mood of the Halo 3 ending in the first paragraph of the review (after promising a spoiler free review right before).
Well, based on the message we got, it won't happen.

deepbrown

Opus Angelorum said:
If those giant spiders do real-time weapon switching, GOTY!

Evil Lama's who jump out of barrels.

Ooh that reminds me...you all saw the youtube vid where Drake shot a pot and there's a monkey scream? Was there a monkey in the pot? Are the treasures golden monkeys? lol

TN-20362-dancing-monkey.gif

Basch

Anastacio said:
Well, based on the message we got, it won't happen.

What message?!? I knew Naughty Dog was trying to keep the story quiet. Something is going to happen! Sasquach rallies spiders to take back Earth and its treasures, confirmed! :D

Pachimari

deepbrown said:
Evil Lama's who jump out of barrels.

Ooh that reminds me...you all saw the youtube vid where Drake shot a pot and there's a monkey scream? Was there a monkey in the pot? Are the treasures golden monkeys? lol
It would be epicly cool if a final chase involved monkeys running and swinging from tree to tree after you, while throwing bananas at you. A little naughty dog humour doesn't hurt.

Basch said:
What message?!? I knew Naughty Dog was trying to keep the story quiet. Something is going to happen! Sasquach rallies spiders to take back Earth and its treasures, confirmed! :D
..or monkey love.

Firewire

Banned
Basch said:
What a message?!? I knew Naughty Dog was trying to keep the story quiet. Something is going to happen! Sasquach rallies spiders to take back Earth and its treasures, confirmed! :D

Dude, use spoiler tags! You just gave away the whole story! :lol

deepbrown

Anastacio said:
It would be epicly cool if a final chase involved monkeys running and swinging from tree to tree after you, while throwing bananas at you. A little naughty dog humour doesn't hurt.

..or monkey love.

There has to be their mascot in the game...their little french naughty dog that lives in their offices, and shits under their desks as they play with drake.

DrXym

kaching said:
Everyone has that ability.

They sure do, but clearly some people get suckered by hype when it wouldn't kill them to wait a few days for a consensus to form. At least a slightly later EU date allows the cloud of hype and bullshit to dissipate first.

deepbrown

So in the internet gaming world we think Uncharted is pretty well known...but is it really outside of that? For a start it didn't have a name for a long time, and I still don't think people have caught on yet.

I guess this is where the million pound ad campaign, and viral marketing comes in. But hurry up! Because google trends show that Uncharted isn't really in the search lists.

B-Ri

Jtyettis said:
Little hard cosidering I haven't "jumped in" yet. But this game should help.

thats xbox talk my friend, the correct sentence would have been "a little hard considering i haven't 'played b3yond' yet"

Firewire

Banned
DrXym said:
They sure do, but clearly some people get suckered by hype when it wouldn't kill them to wait a few days for a consensus to form. At least a slightly later EU date allows the cloud of hype and bullshit to dissipate first.

You still hate barrels, don't you! :lol

DrXym

Firewire said:
You still hate barrels, don't you! :lol

Well the barrels, play length, repetition or bad level design could certainly kill it for me. Yes the game looks absolutely gorgeous but so did Lair and Heavenly Sword.

But I do have the game on order (Play.com are selling it cheap) because I have a full two weeks to pull the plug if the review says it's meh. I did the same with SOCOM Tactics on the PSP recently - ordered based on some positive noise, saw the actual reviews and killed the order because its still several weeks before it appears in the EU.

I wouldn't do this at all for simultaneous EU/US releases. I'm interested in Assassins Creed for example, but I'll wait and see what's it's like. Same for Orange Box.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
DrXym said:
They sure do, but clearly some people get suckered by hype when it wouldn't kill them to wait a few days for a consensus to form.
There are generally early reviews that come in days before the game is available anywhere that can easily establish the initial launch hype on an upward or downward trajectory. Happens all the time.

DrXym said:
Well the barrels, play length, repetition or bad level design could certainly kill it for me. Yes the game looks absolutely gorgeous but so did Lair and Heavenly Sword.

And Naughty Dog has made far better games than Factor 5 or Ninja Theory could ever hope to, so I don't think it's anything to worry about.

Loudninja

DrXym said:

But I do have the game on order (Play.com are selling it cheap) because I have a full two weeks to pull the plug if the review says it's meh. I did the same with SOCOM Tactics on the PSP recently - ordered based on some positive noise, saw the actual reviews and killed the order because its still several weeks before it appears in the EU.

I wouldn't do this at all for simultaneous EU/US releases. I'm interested in Assassins Creed for example, but I'll wait and see what's it's like. Same for Orange Box.

Can we stop with the bullshit about HS?

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
DrXym said:

Heavenly sword was not all bad. Please do not compare it to Lair.

quetz67

Banned
DrXym said:
Lair never looked as good as HS or Uncharted...and what killed HS as an interactive movie for me were the load times (and the boring story and overacting).

Uncharted doesnt seem to have any of this problems, if the gameplay is at least decent I will enjoy the game a lot

DrXym

neojubei said:
Heavenly sword was not all bad. Please do not compare it to Lair.

It isn't bad but it isn't great. I mentioned it because gorgeous, beautiful graphics do not guarantee the game will be great. And yes I own HS, but thankfully not Lair which has still to surface in the EU.

Pachimari

So anyone got guesses for scores? My guesses are:

Only guesses folks!

IGN = 8.9
Gamespot = 8.0
1UP = 9

I just have a bad feeling about the scores. I don't know what I'll give it in score this week, but I'll let you know.
And the reason why the game is not known by many is in my opinion the title alone. Uncharted is a comonly used word and the title is just too long spanding to three words.

Top Bottom