• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted |OT|

Firewire

Banned
Anastacio said:
So anyone got guesses for scores? My guesses are:

Only guesses folks!

IGN = 8.9
Gamespot = 8.0
1UP = 9

I just have a bad feeling about the scores. I don't know what I'll give it in score this week, but I'll let you know.
And the reason why the game is not known by many is in my opinion the title alone. Uncharted is a comonly used word and the title is just too long spanding to three words.

IGN = 9.5
Gamespot = 7.0
1UP = 7.5

Pachimari

Marconelly said:
Why would you have a bad feeling about scores if so far you've enjoyed the game as much as you said you did?
I don't know.. because the scores for videogames this generation has been mind bogling to me. I won't name any titles, but a lot of big games for surden platforms has gotten bigger scores than deserved in my opinion, were others have gotten lower scores than what I thought. So if I think a game is great, it tend not to be that great throughout other reviewers, if I think a game is bad, others thinks the opposite :lol

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Marconelly said:
Why would you have a bad feeling about scores if so far you've enjoyed the game as much as you said you did?

Its the Ps3 man they will just go lawl 600 and -2 points on bad ass games.

Firewire said:
How many reviews will mention no online play as a negative, my guess is all of them.

That didn't happen much with Ratchet so I'm not concerned, but I think some reviews will claim that the addition of co-op play would have been nice to have.

ChryZ

brandonh83 said:
IGN: 9.3
1up: 9.0
Gamespot: 7.0shit
IGN/1up the dudes, Gamespot ... the girl:

2cduxck.gif

Pachimari

".. but you can't stop thinking why competetive online matches didn't cross the minds of Naughty Dog, as that would have given it a lot more longevity. Coop could and should have been there as well, with a sidekick like Elena. Wasting your time at unlocking hidden stuff already to be found on the Internet by finding treasures doesn't make sense at all, as focus should and could have been somewere else." - I'll laugh if any of the coming reviews says something along these lines..

deepbrown

Anastacio said:
So anyone got guesses for scores? My guesses are:

Only guesses folks!

IGN = 8.9
Gamespot = 8.0
1UP = 9

I just have a bad feeling about the scores. I don't know what I'll give it in score this week, but I'll let you know.
And the reason why the game is not known by many is in my opinion the title alone. Uncharted is a comonly used word and the title is just too long spanding to three words.

Oh thanks for that A...the only person who played the game says that. Cheers very much

*cries inside*

You're just making it alright for them to do it! They read these threads you know. Don't give them ideas.

My predictions:
IGN 9.4
1up 9
Gamespot 9
Edge 8

ps. why does this thread have to get depressing!? Can't we continue to praise the game, what we think is going to be the most exciting...etc. More images with barrelama etc

Pai Pai Master said:
That didn't happen much with Ratchet so I'm not concerned, but I think some reviews will claim that the addition of co-op play would have been nice to have.

It happened too much though.

Total Video Games
Given the series orientation towards multiplayer in the final chapters on the PS2, it's quite surprising to find Tools of Destruction a solely single-player experience. With a handful of mini-games Tools of Destruction can be rushed through over a weekend, with the only real replay value stemming from Insomniac's traditional selection of Skill Point challenges to achieve on every level.
Read Full Review

GameSpy
Sadly, Ratchet & Clank Future has no multiplayer component to speak of, which bothers us both because we love multiplayer and because the series had a bit of a multiplayer groove for a while.
Read Full Review

Game Revolution
The only glaring criticism I have for the game is its lack of multiplayer, online or otherwise. Whereas the last console Rachet and Clank, “Deadlocked,” introduced a promising multiplayer component for the PS2, the PS3 version beats a hasty retreat. It doesn’t affect the final product much, but for those still unsold on the PS3’s online network, it raises an eyebrow.

XVI

Got my review copy last friday and finished the game just now (7hours 32 minutes for those who cares). Won't do a big write-up (sorry guys, deadline coming up) but if you have any questions I'll do my best to answer them.

Snah

Banned
7 hours and 32 minutes seems a bit short...but then again that's about as long as gears was, i guess.

can you at least say how good the game was? potential GOTY candidate?

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
gamerecks said:
It happened too much though.

Game Revolution
The only glaring criticism I have for the game is its lack of multiplayer, online or otherwise.Whereas the last console Rachet and Clank, “Deadlocked,” introduced a promising multiplayer component for the PS2, the PS3 version beats a hasty retreat. It doesn’t affect the final product much, but for those still unsold on the PS3’s online network, it raises an eyebrow.

i said wow...

sad shit right there

Forsete

I know at least one person hopes for a 7 score so we can have some more of his funny "LOL PS3-fans!".

What scores will the game generate? Based on the impressions by the 1up folk, the dudes here etc. I bet we will see some very nice scores.

deepbrown

gamerecks said:
Game Revolution
The only glaring criticism I have for the game is its lack of multiplayer, online or otherwise. Whereas the last console Rachet and Clank, “Deadlocked,” introduced a promising multiplayer component for the PS2, the PS3 version beats a hasty retreat. It doesn’t affect the final product much, but for those still unsold on the PS3’s online network, it raises an eyebrow.

Funny thing is...game revolution give grades...and gamerankings gives the very same grade an 80/100 NOT 75.

I think I'm going to leave this thread. I have a feeling impressions are going to spoilerrific. Bye bye, enjoy thursday everyone.

Loudninja

XVI said:
Got my review copy last friday and finished the game just now (7hours 32 minutes for those who cares). Won't do a big write-up (sorry guys, deadline coming up) but if you have any questions I'll do my best to answer them.

Did you get everything doing that time? I mean all the treasures and stuff

XVI

Snah said:
7 hours and 32 minutes seems a bit short...but then again that's about as long as gears was, i guess.

can you at least say how good the game was? potential GOTY candidate?

Much like Gears I have no problem with the lenght of the game. I'll always take quality over quantity. And aart from a couple of gun fights Uncharted doesn't have any parts that drag out. Overall it's a tremendous adventure game with a great matinée feel to it. Oh yes, I'd dsefinitely say it's a GOTY candidate, and my personal pick for best game on the PS3.

Sirolf

XVI said:
Much like Gears I have no problem with the lenght of the game. I'll always take quality over quantity. And aart from a couple of gun fights Uncharted doesn't have any parts that drag out. Overall it's a tremendous adventure game with a great matinée feel to it. Oh yes, I'd dsefinitely say it's a GOTY candidate, and my personal pick for best game on the PS3.

Ohhhh yes :D

LJ11

XVI said:

Without getting into specifics, did you enjoy the platforming and puzzles?

XVI

Loudninja said:
Did yoy get everything doing that time? I mean all the treasures and stuff

Not even close. I'm not too big on collecting stuff and only got 18 of 60 treasures, and 350 out of 1000 medal points.

Loudninja

XVI said:

Thats greta to hear thanks man.

Not even close. I'm not too big on collecting stuff and only got 18 of 60 treasures, and 350 out of 1000 medals.

So it could have too you longer?I am going to collect all them for the unlockables!

This game makes me wish I didn't get a 360 and got a PS3 instead. I don't know to explain it, but videos give me the same feeling the new Mario gives me....that I'm a kid again wanting to play games for the sheer excitement of exploration and having fun.

Uncharted is like the perfect realization of Pitfall in 3D. The graphics looks wonderful, but I think the reviews will be lower than expected due to the less-then-groundbreaking mechanics. I think it will average mid to high 8s on gamerankings.

deepbrown

underfooter said:
This game makes me wish I didn't get a 360 and got a PS3 instead. I don't know to explain it, but videos give me the same feeling the new Mario gives me....that I'm a kid again wanting to play games for the sheer excitement of exploration and having fun.

Uncharted is like the perfect realization of Pitfall in 3D. The graphics looks wonderful, but I think the reviews will be lower than expected due to the less-then-groundbreaking mechanics. I think it will average mid to high 8s on gamerankings.

Just like the less-than-groundbreaking mechanics of Halo3 and Ratchet and Clank?

Snah

Banned
XVI said:

awesome news!

can you tell us how spoiled we've been with all of the media out there on this game?

i have a feeling i've seen like 90% of the game's locations. please tell me this is wrong and that most of the game has been secret.

XVI

LJ11 said:
Without getting into specifics, did you enjoy the platforming and puzzles?

I really enjoyed the sorta toned-down and more realistic feel of the platforming. Sure, Nathan never gets tired and can hang on to a ledge for a whole month if necissary, but unlike Lara he's not very acrobatic and can't jump across ridiculous distances.

The puzzles I felt were a little too few and not very challenging. But then again I'm an adventure game fiend.

deepbrown

Loudninja said:

That's loads...it's like achievements on the PS3 :O

I know how we can work out how long it'll be for us.

XVI...how long did it take you to play through the first 4 chapters? Talk here was between 1.5-3hours. Where in that did you come? By my calculations you would have done it in about 1.5 hours. I expect it would take me double that, meaning the game would be 15hours for me on the first play through :O

Anyway I really am leaving this thread now. Some stuff I don't want to read at all.

Loudninja

This game is going to be rated higher than HS IMO.First of all, its has 5 times as much stuff to do that HS.HS still a great game though

Kittonwy

Banned
underfooter said:

Yeah, it's that special action-adventure feel, that's the same reason I love games like Zelda, Soul Reaver and this game (considering it's being made by the same director and game designer as Soul Reaver).
Indifferent2.gif

Top Bottom