• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted |OT|

Loudninja

Darkman M said:
Thats news?
kim_bio.jpg

From 5 to 150 with a whole bunch of 10's.

Thats still good

tanod

when is my burrito
underfooter said:
Halo 3 came out? You've got to be kidding me, Halo 2.5 HD just came out in September!

Tread lightly Junior. We don't need to invite console wars BS into the thread.

XVI

deepbrown said:
XVI...how long did it take you to play through the first 4 chapters? Talk here was between 1.5-3hours. Where in that did you come? By my calculations you would have done it in about 1.5 hours. I expect it would take me double that, meaning the game would be 15hours for me on the first play through :O

Anyway I really am leaving this thread now. Some stuff I don't want to read at all.

1.5 hours seem correct. I got a preview copy a while back that ended at chapter 4, so I had played through the first four chapters a couple of times already.

Pachimari

Can't you give us a quick list of what you thought were especially good and bad? And if the story was bad, medium, great?
Thanks. See, now I'm the guy asking questions all of a sudden.

deepbrown

XVI said:
1.5 hours seem correct. I got a preview copy a while back that ended at chapter 4, so I had played through the first four chapters a couple of times already.

So generally we'd average 10-12hours. Just like it said on the box.,

Loudninja said:
This game is going to be rated higher than HS IMO.First of all, its has 5 times as much stuff to do that HS.HS still a great game though

k before I go. It FOOKING BETTER! 9's and 10's please

Loudninja

XVI how long do you think it will take to get all the treasures ,and finish the game?Were they hard to find, the ones you found?

deepbrown

Loudninja said:
XVI how long do you think it will take to get all the treasures ,and finish the game?Were they hard to find, the oens you found?
Why do you want to know this!? Save yourself and bail out with me!

Pachimari

Loudninja said:
XVI how long do you think it will take to get all the treasures ,and finish the game?Were they hard to find, the oens you found?
My impression is, that they'll be quiet hard to find. I didn't find that many in the first four chapters and sometimes you have to take another rute than the main one, even routes that leads to nothing.

That reminds me that I had to try ten times before I could make the correct jump to the three-branch.. =/

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Damn, it took me more than 7h30m to finish HS. It always takes me so much more time than it gets the pro reviewers and most people here on GAF to finish games.

Overall it's a tremendous adventure game with a great matinée feel to it. Oh yes, I'd dsefinitely say it's a GOTY candidate, and my personal pick for best game on the PS3.
Coming from someone who loves adventure games, what you said there means a lot to someone like me who also loves adventures :-D

underfooter said:
I don't know to explain it, but videos give me the same feeling the new Mario gives me....that I'm a kid again wanting to play games for the sheer excitement of exploration and having fun.
Yep, I've been hyped for this game for what seems like forever, for that exact reason. Now keep in mind that while most gamers in US grew up playing Mario, I grew up playing P&C adventure games, Another World, and other games of that kind. As you can imagine, Uncharted is like my childhood dream coming to life.

-viper- said:
This game will get a 9+ from GS or the site is run by Microsoft fanboys.

:|

Does it really matter if it gets an 8.0 or 8.5? Metroid Prime 3 got an 8.5, Zelda got an 8.8, and even Bioshock (a 9.5+ from most places) only got a 9.0 from GS.

After this year especially, I'm not really concerned about reviews. As long as a game scores above an 8.0, its basically a 'thumbs up'.

Marconelly said:
Yep, I've been hyped for this game for what seems like forever, for that exact reason. Now keep in mind that while most gamers in US grew up playing Mario, I grew up playing P&C adventure games, and other games of that kind. As you can imagine, Uncharted is like my childhood dream coming to life.

Will you let me come over and play it?

XVI

Loudninja said:
XVI how long do you think it will take to get all the treasures, and finish the game?Were they hard to find, the oens you found?

I can't even begin to imagine how long it would take to find all the treasures. I usually don't collect stuff in games. The few that i got were fairly obivous, most being hidden at the end of branching paths. Seeing as I only got about 1/3 of the treasures I'm sure there'll be a couple of extra hours worth of treasure hunting.

Loudninja

XVI said:
I can't even begin to imagine how long it would take to find all the treasures. I usually don't collect stuff in games. The few that i got were fairly obivous, most being hidden at the end of branching paths. Seeing as I only got about 1/3 of the treasures I'm sure there'll be a couple of extra hours worth of treasure hunting.

My impression is, that they'll be quiet hard to find. I didn't find that many in the first four chapters and sometimes you have to take another rute than the main one, even routes that leads to nothing.

That reminds me that I had to try ten times before I could make the correct jump to the three-branch.. =/

Wow, thanks guys, thats the way I like it!I love looking for treasure.You all been a big help!

Pachimari

Anastacio said:
Can't you give us a quick list of what you thought were especially good and bad? And if the story was bad, medium, great?
It would be really interesting to hear your point of view.

tanod

when is my burrito
underfooter said:
Does it really matter if it gets an 8.0 or 8.5? Metroid Prime 3 got an 8.5, Zelda got an 8.8, and even Bioshock (a 9.5+ from most places) only got a 9.0 from GS.

It's part of Gamestop's new strategy. If you've noticed for every big game this Fall, it's been:

1)Be the last site to publish your review.
2)Make sure it's the lowest one
3)Forums explode
4)Massive increase in page hits
5)??? <--Obligatory step with no actual meaning
6)Profit

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Snah said:
7 hours and 32 minutes seems a bit short...but then again that's about as long as gears was, i guess.

can you at least say how good the game was? potential GOTY candidate?

Hmm that number will go up for be a lot since I play the fist time to death. So my clock time will probably will be close to 17-19 hrs since I am one of those people that must see everything even things that don't matter that just how I roll.

Jtrizzy

I finally got and HDTV, woot! Everything finally fits on the screen, it all looks so much better. The problem is, I don't have internet anymore since I just moved. AHHHH!

I guess I'll have to haul my PS3 to someone's house with inet.

XVI

Anastacio said:

Sure. I love the overall atmosphere of the game. Uncharted has a great cast of characters and a compelling metinée/indy feel to it. The story is very well paced and keept my interest throughout the whole game. And Knowing Naughty Dog I can't wait for a sequel.

As for gameplay, what I found to be a little tedious a couple of hours in to the game was the gunplay. The same three or four enemy types just kept coming at me in waves with seemingly no end. Here I felt that Naughty Dog should have gone with a less is more approach.

XVI

vpance said:
Uh oh.. so that means no Kraaakens or Trigens. Damn this thread is spoilered too much :|

Of course you'll encounter different enemies as the game progresses. The whole game is by no means restricted to just three or four types.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
vpance said:
Uh oh.. so that means no Kraaakens or Trigens. Damn this thread is spoilered too much :|
Welp, he said several hours into the game, he didn't say if it changes later on! :-D

*late edit* Yeah, see, I knew it!

VonGak!

Banned
underfooter said:
Uncharted is like the perfect realization of Pitfall in 3D. The graphics looks wonderful, but I think the reviews will be lower than expected due to the less-then-groundbreaking mechanics. I think it will average mid to high 8s on gamerankings.

Dunno, not a single one of the highest ranking games for the last 1+ year has featured anything close to groundbreaking game mechanics. In fact many seem to have taken a step backward where Uncharted at least has introduced the fighting system and the puzzle hint-book (very intelligent addition).

Anyway, Uncharted should be honorably mentioned for being the very first console game to realize the next gen promises made by Sony at their pre E3 '05 conference even though the first Uncharted video was first shown at E3 '06.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
So when I was at Jade Raymond's house two days ago she had the game and she liked it but she said that the AI was constantly barreling forward, and it was difficult to aim down the barrel of the gun, and also that you could barrely hear the dialog-- probably poor sound mixing.

Loudninja

Y2Kev said:
So when I was at Jade Raymond's house two days ago she had the game and she liked it but she said that the AI was constantly barreling forward, and it was difficult to aim down the barrel of the gun, and also that you could barrely hear the dialog-- probably poor sound mixing.
Indifferent2.gif

hem.gif

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Metalmurphy said:
Brings a smile to my face. It's amazing how Sony does this for such a small country. Even in Heavenly Sword they hired some pretty famous Portuguese actors to do the dubbing.
Portuguese is spoken in many more countries than just Portugal and there's more than 200 million native speakers...it's like one of major worldwide languages - ranked in the top 10.

kaching said:
Portuguese is spoken in many more countries than just Portugal and there's more than 200 million native speakers...it's like one of major worldwide languages - ranked in the top 10.

Yeah but, Brazil is the cause of that. Sony does both separately. At least they did on the PS2 (except it didn't have voices, just text). They're also hiring Portuguese actors, not Brazilian ones :)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Y2Kev said:

oh yeah well Amy Hennig told me Assassin's Creed sux

Raist

Banned

Pachimari

oh my god you could have marked the shirt part with a spoiler tag.. =/
I'm gonna stay away from anything Uncharted related until I have completed the game on friday, and I will have a total media blackout on the sequel.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Anastacio said:
oh my god you could have marked the shirt part with a spoiler tag.. =/
I'm gonna stay away from anything Uncharted related until I have completed the game on friday, and I will have a total media blackout on the sequel.

So Nathan visits the GAP at one point of the game?

Raist

Banned
Anastacio said:
oh my god you could have marked the
shirt
part with a spoiler tag.. =/

Oh c'mon, it's just a
shirt
:lol

Edited it, anyway.

Firewire

Banned
Loudninja said:
Uncharted on Gamer TV *not good quality, and spoliers*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLi653emsU0

Re: uncharted drakes fortune part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8yjAZ1X2Ck

Re: uncharted drakes fortune part 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgWJkvJQKrI

Here you go if you missed it

Yeah the quality is just well horrible. I'm hopping G4 shows that Gamer episode this weekend here in Canada, in case anyone is wondering I think the show is on 11:30AM EST Sunday.

Top Bottom