• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted |OT|

Kittonwy

Banned
Wollan said:
I can't believe EBGames and Gamestop. Uncharted is almost nowhere to be seen on their site. On the PS3 section you can only see a small icon of it on the right alongside a handful of others. Nowhere can you see it in the main sections.

Eb wasn't even selling the game until yesterday, I couldn't wait for them so I picked mine up on friday at TRU, I don't know what the hell they're doing, now they have the game in stock (quite a number of them) but I think they have no clue how to promote it (other than that Uncharted trailer in that trailer reel running on their TV). Frankly the demo would have been the perfect showcase.

Wollan said:
I can't believe EBGames and Gamestop. Uncharted is almost nowhere to be seen on their site. On the PS3 section you can only see a small icon of it on the right alongside a handful of others. Nowhere can you see it in the main sections.

It goes to show you what is (and is not) selling right now.

Kittonwy said:
Eb wasn't even selling the game until yesterday, I couldn't wait for them so I picked mine up on friday at TRU, I don't know what the hell they're doing, now they have the game in stock (quite a number of them) but I think they have no clue how to promote it (other than that Uncharted trailer in that trailer reel running on their TV). Frankly the demo would have been the perfect showcase.

I got it from EB last week.

Synless

Ok gaf, so I was saying earlier I had found 53 of 60 treasures on my first play through, seriously I'm tearing my hair out looking everywhere trying to find the last 7 does anyone know If anyones made a treasure list yet?????

Wollan

dammitmattt said:
More like, fucked up priorities.
Uncharted is probably the most wanted PS3 game by the hardcore this fall and a benchmark for console tech, they should at least give it half an effort in selling it.

deepbrown

Wollan said:
Uncharted is probably the most wanted PS3 game by the hardcore this fall and a benchmark for console tech, they should at least give it half an effort in selling it.
Even look at the amount of reviews for Uncharted (let alone scores) compared to Mass Effect. I guess Uncharted was only meant to be released today...

BTW Uncharted is being sent special delivery guaranteed 5 days!!! Woooooo

Dante

dammitmattt said:

I got it from EB last week.

http://www.gamestop.com/default.asp?sect=1288

I would doubt EOJ though is gonna outsell Uncharted.

Edit Uncharted is ther, It's just not the main feature.

Annecdotal.

My brother who doesn't follow videogame message boards was on the phone with me. We were talking about Uncharted which he bought and he was like" The reviews haven't been as good as I thought" and I asked him where? and he mentioned the Game Informer on and he said it got an 8. I said and 8.75 with a second opinion of a 9. And he said Yeah that's lower then I thought. I was like sooooooo you were expecting 10's and he said "yeah" I wondering if it's just die hard ,messagboard people that want all 10's, or if it really does have an effect outside places like NeoGaf.

M3Freak

Banned
BobTheFork said:
damn. I know i play thing kind of fast, but I'm looking around for treasures and I only found 24 on my first play. I'm halfway through a second run, and ive only found one more. If I can't find a few more, i'm going to find a list.

I'm at the point where they're running after you, just after the
sub blows up
. I've found 5 or 6 so far - can't remember exactly how many.

nerbo

Wollan said:

Maybe you're just a whiner. :lol

Kittonwy said:
Having finished Gears on hardcore and HALO3 on normal and heroic, Uncharted on hard definitely has better AI, not sure about legendary on HALO3 since I haven't played it yet but I think the AI on crushing is really as far as they can really go before the game becomes unplayable. Frankly the AI in Gears on hardcore is shit compared to Uncharted AI on hard, maybe it's probably because locusts are supposed to be dumbfucks.

You have a 360? Cool. What's your gamertag?

Flo_Evans

I'll have to look, but I think I've found 45/60. I did find one I missed in the 1st ruins on my 2nd play, I wasn't really looking here because drake goes "looks like its been picked clean" :lol

Has anyone found them all yet?

Synless

Flo_Evans said:
I'll have to look, but I think I've found 45/60. I did find one I missed in the 1st ruins on my 2nd play, I wasn't really looking here because drake goes "looks like its been picked clean" :lol

Has anyone found them all yet?
I'm so close...........only need 7 more and they could be anywhere!!!!!!!

Wollan said:

You can also blame the PS3 audience for not buying more games at EB and you can blame Sony for not spending more money to merchandise the game. I highly doubt the placement on the website on any given day has much to do with the sales figures.

It's a shame that Ratchet and Uncharted won't sell what they should (and need to), but I would put the blame on Sony WELL before I'd put the blame on EB. Do you not think they want to sell more games???

justjohn

kittonwy has a 360? now i've seen it all.
anyway stupid vg plus ca didnt bring my copy in today, so i'm guessing tommorow. oh and the game's been ruined for me. i was on this message board when this twat revealed the spoilers for everyone. couldnt even have time to look away. :(

Wollan

And in this case they should promote it more if they want stronger sales. It's the third best selling PS3 game at their site and that's without any kind of help.

Dante

Actually, I am directly affected by Uncharted sales bcause I NEED a sequel like a junkie needs Heroin! I have a feeling if sales aren't strong they'll get some pressure from Sony to do Jak next and U2 when the userbase has grown in 2 years.

Synless

Flo_Evans said:
did you get that one in the crazy Escher like level? I couldn't figure out how to get there :lol
To be honest, I think the majority of them are in the last few area's of the game when I was freaking out about certain enemies trying to get me.

Kittonwy

Banned
Wollan said:

The ads probably give priority to publishers who pay for the spot or something. On the store front, Ubisoft got this Ass Creed signage out for weeks while there's nothing on Uncharted or Mass Effect.

dammitmattt said:

That's the most backwards fucking thing I've ever read. If you want a game to sell, you push and give it a chance to sell. Sony is responsible for general marketing, but as far as pushing it on their own site and thereby facilitating sales, that's all EB/Gamestop.

YYZ

Can you "cook" the grenades in this game like in Killzone? I haven't tried, but the only criticism I have of the AI is that they stand near a grenade when you throw it at them. If you can cook the grenade and have it explode near or at landing then the AI problem would be fixed. Also make the AI dodge any grenade that comes near them.

Kittonwy

Banned
YYZ said:
Can you "cook" the grenades in this game like in Killzone? I haven't tried, but the only criticism I have of the AI is that they stand near a grenade when you throw it at them. If you can cook the grenade and have it explode near or at landing then the AI problem would be fixed. Also make the AI dodge any grenade that comes near them.

I thought they did jump away from grenades whenever I threw one at them on hard, on crushing they did that as well, I guess they're not perfect but ND had to make the enemies somewhat vulnerable to grenades I suppose.

On disc #6 and the same freaking result, killed the guys in the 2nd boat and it freezes. I called sony and customer service has no clue, they have me waiting on some gaming guru tech in the next 48hrs. When does the firmware 2.01 is suppose to be live? and since I bought this game from gamestop, and they do not refund, how can I get my money back if all the problems persist after the firmware update and the gaming tech guy doesn't resolve it.

AltogetherAndrews said:
That's the most backwards fucking thing I've ever read. If you want a game to sell, you push and give it a chance to sell. Sony is responsible for general marketing, but as far as pushing it on their own site and thereby facilitating sales, that's all EB/Gamestop.

Dude, companies pay to have EB promote their games. Sony obviously isn't paying. Blame EB all you want, but at the end of the day, it comes back to Sony.

Synless

gluv65 said:
On disc #6 and the same freaking result, killed the guys in the 2nd boat and it freezes. I called sony and customer service has no clue, they have me waiting on some gaming guru tech in the next 48hrs. When does the firmware 2.01 is suppose to be live? and since I bought this game from gamestop, and they do not refund, how can I get my money back if all the problems persist after the firmware update and the gaming tech guy doesn't resolve it.
I would imagine that if it were a 2.00 problem that everyone would be suffering from this...what ps3 do you have 60/80/20/40??? I'm running it from the 60 gig launch system and have had zero problems with it.

Synless said:
I would imagine that if it were a 2.00 problem that everyone would be suffering from this...what ps3 do you have 60/80/20/40??? I'm running it from the 60 gig launch system and have had zero problems with it.

60 gig launch system, again all my other games work great even asassins creed.

Synless

gluv65 said:
60 gig launch system, again all my other games work great even asassins creed.
see, that's just weird we have the same system so it's using the same internal hardware with no different revisions, I dunno man maybe your systems just faulty for some reason.

What's with sony and firmware updates messing up certain games, hasn't this happened before with warhawk and lair??? I can't recall a time when my 360/wii/psp have done this......I just pray to god this doesn't happen to me one day.

Oh and on another note Crushing mode is fucking hard man, I'm getting my ass kicked all of a sudden.

notjackbauer said:
What separates the difficulty modes? I'm playing it on easy because I wanted to just blast through it with minimal frustration for the first play through. Is the AI different? Is their aim better or something, or can they take more damage?

I'm going back through the game now. Playing through some of the better gunfights now on both "Hard" and "Crushing" I think I can answer the "what separates the difficulty modes" question...

A shit-ton more baseball-sliding enemies! :p

Seriously, on "Crushing" these guys are nimble as f***!

Very fun on "Hard," pretty pulse-poundingly crazy on "Crushing." You will die a lot on the hardest difficulty. On the harder modes, it is absolutely essential to get full-on kills as quickly as possible. Just injuring guys is bad news, as they get brutally-defensive once injured. AMMO MANAGEMENT BECOMES A HIGH PRIORITY TOO.

gluv65 said:

Hmm. I've gone through the game twice now with no freezes. Doesn't seem like a firmware issue or more people would be complaining. You sure your save file isn't corrupted?

Kittonwy

Banned
Pristine_Condition said:
I'm going back through the game now. Playing through some of the better gunfights now on both "Hard" and "Crushing" I think I can answer the "what separates the difficulty modes" question...

A shit-ton more baseball-sliding enemies! :p

Seriously, on "Crushing" these guys are nimble as f***!

Very fun on "Hard," pretty pulse-poundingly crazy on "Crushing." You will die a lot on the hardest difficulty. On the harder modes, it is absolutely essential to get full-on kills as quickly as possible. Just injuring guys is bad news, as they get brutally-defensive once injured. AMMO MANAGEMENT BECOMES A HIGH PRIORITY TOO.

Take three shots on crushing and Drake is dead, the enemies are much more down to business, they don't wait around for me to pick them off one by one with headshots anymore, I can't keep track of how many times they've overrun my coverspot before I start blind-throwing some grenades to try to thin them out, that and I had to get to cover very quickly, blind-firing the shotgun and trying to funnel them using the environment becomes more important.

Pristine_Condition said:
Hmm. I've gone through the game twice now with no freezes. Doesn't seem like a firmware issue or more people would be complaining. You sure your save file isn't corrupted?

The file was deleted and no auto save and it still freezes. Question does the game have and install? if so it isn't installing on my system.

calder

Woo, just got home. Picked up the last copy at my EB (the manager dude was surprised, but they probably only had a few copies) and lucky I did, I had a preorder in but they didn't have it set aside. Incompetents. At least today when I called to make sure it was in the guy knew what Uncharted was, every other time I've called I had to have them look under Drake's Fortune. I don't like what that says about sales potential.

Eh who cares now, I'm about 15 minutes in and hot damn I'm excited. :D Been waiting for this game for a long time now, and nothing beats anticipating a game for a while and then getting it and seeing very quickly that your enthusiasm was well placed. The first environment Drake and Sully are exploring is already astonishing to look at.

One kinda funny thing is how I keep running up to 15 foot high columns and holding R1 and X assuming Drake will run up and scale it effortlessly like Altair does. :lol I had to run around a bit to find the low point where I could start the column jumping and I was thinking "come on, that stone wall is nothing BUT handholds! Just climb it!". ;) The positive effect of playing AC heavily over the weekend is the framerate feels silky smooth and I keep expecting long loading screens that don't come.

magus

gluv65 said:
The file was deleted and no auto save and it still freezes. Question does the game have and install? if so it isn't installing on my system.

Have you tried disabling the Information Bar in the XMB? I've heard some people were having trouble with freezing and crashing in Assassins creed and that seemed to fix this problem.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Naughty Dog really understands how a character should move in 3D. They get really basic physics like momentum down really well. I think the difference between Naughty Dog games and, say, the 3D Castlevania games, is striking.

But so far I have to say it is what I hoped it would be.

Top Bottom