• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted |OT|

magus said:
Have you tried disabling the Information Bar in the XMB? I've heard some people were having trouble with freezing and crashing in Assassins creed and that seemed to fix this problem.

I never enabled the media center or the info board bar. I so f' ing mad. All six disc freeze in the exact same place. I would feel better if all my games froze at least I can blame it on the PS3, hell I can't even do that. so here's my short review based on my short time with the game

I CAN'T FINISH ANYTH....

So fuck Drake and the bitch he chilling with.

Ploid 3.0

calder said:
Woo, just got home. Picked up the last copy at my EB (the manager dude was surprised, but they probably only had a few copies) and lucky I did, I had a preorder in but they didn't have it set aside. Incompetents. At least today when I called to make sure it was in the guy knew what Uncharted was, every other time I've called I had to have them look under Drake's Fortune. I don't like what that says about sales potential.

Eh who cares now, I'm about 15 minutes in and hot damn I'm excited. :D Been waiting for this game for a long time now, and nothing beats anticipating a game for a while and then getting it and seeing very quickly that your enthusiasm was well placed. The first environment Drake and Sully are exploring is already astonishing to look at.

One kinda funny thing is how I keep running up to 15 foot high columns and holding R1 and X assuming Drake will run up and scale it effortlessly like Altair does. :lol I had to run around a bit to find the low point where I could start the column jumping and I was thinking "come on, that stone wall is nothing BUT handholds! Just climb it!". ;) The positive effect of playing AC heavily over the weekend is the framerate feels silky smooth and I keep expecting long loading screens that don't come.

lol, dude.

JB1981

gluv65 said:
I never enabled the media center or the info board bar. I so f' ing mad. All six disc freeze in the exact same place. I would feel better if all my games froze at least I can blame it on the PS3, hell I can't even do that. so here's my short review based on my short time with the game

I CAN'T FINISH ANYTH....

So fuck Drake and the bitch he chilling with.
i posted this earlier in the thread but i'll post it again.

i had to go back and replay some earlier chapters and create a new save. after doing this, the freezing stopped for me. hope it works for you :)

JB1981 said:
i posted this earlier in the thread but i'll post it again.

i had to go back and replay some earlier chapters and create a new save. after doing this, the freezing stopped for me. hope it works for you :)

I can't get off the opening scene gameplay i.e. the boat, no matter how many times I create a new game.

JB1981

gluv65 said:
I can't get off the opening scene gameplay i.e. the boat, no matter how many times I create a new game.

jesus, that's not good at all. is your ps3 shutting off at all? giving you a yellow light?

CSSer

If replaying previous chapters doesn't work, maybe you should wait for firmware 2.01, which should be here by Wednesday.

Linkzg said:
am I crazy, or does the guy who voices Nathan also voice the main guy from Assassin's Creed?

He voices
the "future" main guy, not Altair.

(I think everyone knows the "twist" by now, but just in case...)

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
gluv65 said:
The file was deleted and no auto save and it still freezes. Question does the game have and install? if so it isn't installing on my system.

No one answered this question I think. And I can't either as I don't remember :p (I think it does tho)

If so, it might be an issue similar to the Ratchet one.

BuddyC

TTP said:
No one answered this question I think. And I can't either as I don't remember :p (I think it does tho)

There's no upfront install before play, no.

BuddyC said:
hey guys. i beat the game and wrote some words about it, which is something i haven't done in quite some time.

http://www.shacknews.com/featuredarticle.x?id=682

i think they call that a review around here? i don't have a score though!

It's like you put down on paper exactly what my thoughts were about the game (with the major exception being that you seemed to enjoy both jet ski sequences). I hope your words don't get torn apart too much.

Kittonwy

Banned
Linkzg said:
am I crazy, or does the guy who voices Nathan also voice the main guy from Assassin's Creed?

Nope, Nolan North is the voice for Nathan Drake, Altair is voiced by a completely different guy.

Gabriel Roman is voiced by Simon Templeman though, who was the voice of Kain in Soul Reaver.

spwolf

TTP said:

it does not install, but it uses HDD for caching that makes streaming possible...

BuddyC

dammitmattt said:
It's like you put down on paper exactly what my thoughts were about the game (with the major exception being that you seemed to enjoy both jet ski sequences). I hope your words don't get torn apart too much.
I can understand why you didn't like the jet ski parts, for sure. I wondered why
she couldn't do her own damn shooting some of the time
, but it wasn't a major annoyance for me.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
BuddyC said:
I can understand why you didn't like the jet ski parts, for sure. I wondered why

You could just hit the R1 button while driving
and she would hit all targets dead on - including enemies. You didn't have to manually aim. I found that out during the second jet-ski sequence.

BuddyC said:

The first one was okay, but the second sequence really, really got on my nerves between fighting the current, shooting dudes, and dodging exploding one-hit kill barrels. Take out the barrels and it would've been okay.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
dammitmattt said:
The first one was okay, but the second sequence really, really got on my nerves between fighting the current, shooting dudes, and dodging exploding one-hit kill barrels. Take out the barrels and it would've been okay.

Again, hitting the R1 button makes Elena auto-aim and hit all targets and you don't need to stop and manually aim or anything.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
JB1981 said:
there is definitely something fatally wrong withe either FW 2.0 or this game. My guess is it's the game

It's the firmware. I was having (still do) troubles with the game as well. Others having troubles with other games since the FW update. Needs a fix pronto.

reilo said:
Again, hitting the R1 button makes Elena auto-aim and hit all targets and you don't need to stop and manually aim or anything.

I didn't know that...why in the hell wouldn't the game tell you that?!?!?

joesmokey

On Chapter 16, can't decide if I want to beat it tonight or not.

All I can say is that this game just keeps getting better and better. Some of the things here and there are a little stupid, but this game is such a blast to play, Drake's movements feel so natural. Still can't say enough about the lighting, these later levels really look stunning.

The last jet ski sequence going upstream was amazing.

Ploid 3.0

BuddyC said:
hey guys. i beat the game and wrote some words about it, which is something i haven't done in quite some time.

http://www.shacknews.com/featuredarticle.x?id=682

i think they call that a review around here? i don't have a score though!

That was a well made review. Very informative and didn't seem inaccurate or nitpicky. I understood the bad parts that was mentioned, as opposed to useless one combo from GT for example. Never heard of your site, I already trust it in helping me choose games. Well if you do this often.

Lemming_JRS said:
He voices
the "future" main guy, not Altair.

(I think everyone knows the "twist" by now, but just in case...)

thats who I was talking about.

and im glad im not crazy!!! YEAHH AHHAAHHAH AH HAHA HA HAHAHA HAHAHA!

BuddyC

reilo said:
You could just hit the R1 button while driving
and she would hit all targets dead on - including enemies. You didn't have to manually aim. I found that out during the second jet-ski sequence.
This only works on the second sequence, not the first (I just tested).

Synless

BuddyC said:
This only works on the second sequence, not the first (I just tested).
I was gonna say fucking seriously that would have made that whole sequence better, but meh being able to do it the second time is good enough for me.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Y2Kev said:
Naughty Dog really understands how a character should move in 3D. They get really basic physics like momentum down really well. I think the difference between Naughty Dog games and, say, the 3D Castlevania games, is striking.
Very true. So many devs have no clue how to make 3rd person character movement that feels good and natural, and yeah 3D Castlevanias are a proof of that.

Wollan said:
More like, fucked up priorities.
Uncharted is probably the most wanted PS3 game by the hardcore this fall and a benchmark for console tech, they should at least give it half an effort in selling it.
Well, I'm pretty sure it's up to Sony to pay for their website advertisment. Still it's pretty weird that EB itself is pushing some old PS3 games on their website over this. Looking at their front page it's nowhere to be found, and even on PS3 page it's just chucked into the corner. In any case, I doubt the EB website sales amount to much either way. They should advertise this on TV as much as possible (not that it helped R&C so far though...) and I've seen Uncharted commercial on a TV a few times already.

O/T but how in the hell do they have Hellgate London CE among the top 10 sellers there (apparently selling better than Assassin's Creed, Crysis, Uncharted...)?

YYZ

HALP ME GAF!!!

I'm done my treasures FAQ, but I'm fucking missing ONE treasure, ONE!!!11!1! Damnit I was hoping this wouldn't happen.

I'll list the treasures in order that I found them, please check the list against yours. If you found the one that I don't have then post what it is, but also post the treasure you found before it and the treasure you found after it. I think the game keeps track of the list in the order that you found them, most recent ones being at the top of the list. Compare my list to yours, start from the bottom of your in-game list.

If you consider treasures to be spoilers, then do not read the rest of this post.

PLEASE HELP!!
1) Silver Mosaic Inca Earring
2) Jeweled Silver Monkey
3) Decorated Gold Ring
4) Silver Llama
5) Golden Inca Cup
6) Silver Turtle
7) Gold Tairona Pendant
8) Gold and Turquoise Inca Earring
9) Silver Inca Figurine
10) Silver Fish Charm
11) Gold Frog
12) Intricate Gold Ring
13) Patterned Silver Ring
14) Golden Jaguar
15) Silver Inca Vessel
16) Golden Toothpick
17) Silver Bird Vessel
18) Silver Inca Earring
19) Strange Relic
20) Silver Jaguar
21) Golden Spoon
22) Silver Inca Mask
23) Spanish Silver Coin
24) Silver Tairona Pendant
25) Gold Llama
26) Decorated Silver Ring
27) Silver Frog
28) Golden Fish Charm
29) Jeweled Golden Brooch
30) Silver Belt Buckle
31) Spanish Gold Coin
32) Silver Spanish Chalice
33) Gold Coatimundi
34) Golden Turtle
35) Silver Inca Cup
36) Jeweled Silver Cross
37) Silver Toothpick
38) Gold Spanish Chalice
39) Silver Coatimundi
40) Golden Cup and Cover
41) Golden Inca Vessel
42) Golden Skull
43) Silver Snuff Box
44) Silver Spanish Cup
45) Silver Ingot
46) Gold Inca Figurine
47) Golden Bird Vessel
48) Golden Spanish Goblet
49) Jeweled Golden Cross
50) Silver Skull
51) Golden Inca Mask
52) Silver Cup and Cover
53) Jeweled Silver Brooch
54) Gold Snuff Box
55) Gold Monkey Figurine
56) Golden Seadragon Pendant
57) Gold Ingot
58) Golden Skull Rosary
59) Sapphire and Silver Mask

BTW, fuck Gamespot. Seriously, no one on GAF respects their opinion, not just PS3 fans.

Fina1e

CSSer said:
so... gamespot gave it an 8.0
http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/...l?om_act=convert&om_clk=tabs&tag=tabs;reviews

The Good
* Lush jungle environments are stunningly realized
* Drake's animations are nuanced and naturalistic.

The Bad
* Tough and plentiful enemies can make firefights frustrating
* Platforming elements can be too forgiving
* Certain story elements are underdeveloped.

Wow, that was totally predicable, just yesterday I was thinking Gamespot would give it an 8 or something, I just knew it. After R&C 7.5 I just wasn't expecting much from them.

Top Bottom