• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted |OT|

Kittonwy

Banned
tanod said:
What I like the most is that the enemies don't take more hits to go down in harder difficulties, they just move and maneuver around so much more that it's more difficult to get a good shot at them. The AI in this game is pretty fucking smart.

On crushing they're LETHAL, and yeah you're right they do move around, sometimes I miss a headshot by like an inch and the AI would realize it and started weaving. The baseball slides are cool to see.

Kittonwy

Banned
Synless said:
I wish you would have posted where you found those because I need 7 more and I have no idea where they are, I'll check in a bit to see if I've found the one you didn't.

I need three more. I'm at 57 now.
Indifferent2.gif

Berserker

Gremlin in the Machine hereby requests that he be unbanned now that GameSpot has proven he was correct about Uncharted all along.

He further requests that the whiney Sony fantards who complained to the moderators about his prescient and sagacious opinions concerning Uncharted have their names permanently changed to"Fagballs."

Dragon

Banned
Berserker said:
Gremlin in the Machine hereby requests that he be unbanned now that GameSpot has proven he was correct about Uncharted all along.

He further requests that the whiney Sony fantards who complained to the moderators about his prescient and sagacious opinions concerning Uncharted have their names permanently changed to"Fagballs."

Using big words doesn't make you intelligent. Nor does pissing people off for no discernible reason.

Loudninja

Berserker said:

What the fuck is this shit?

Dante

Scully?!?! Scully?????? Please tell me that's not in there.

I'm sooo happy we got that last review done with now it's all about the greatness that is Uncharted :D

MY DS3 still didn't arrive today however :(

TTP said:
Well, me too to be honest. But I think that would have been too much. There are levels which run perfectly as it is. I think they should have optimized the game a tad bit more.

Heh, which just means these are some arbitrary rules of playing "fair" since devs choose different compromises....which means ND is alright with being front and center on the console graphics front.

Berserker said:
Gremlin in the Machine hereby requests that he be unbanned now that GameSpot has proven he was correct about Uncharted all along. Great job, ND!

What the hell is wrong with you?

Loudninja

Dante said:
Scully?!?! Scully?????? Please tell me that's not in there.

I'm sooo happy we got that last review done with now it's all about the greatness that is Uncharted :D

MY DS3 still didn't arrive today however :(

Man you guys ignore every review i post, but the lower ones :(

Berserker said:

Who?

Narcosis

Gamespot scored Uncharted 8.5 eh? Wow, 2 whole points higher than I was expecting from them.....

On another note, this mirror world unlockable screws with my head.....

YYZ said:
HALP ME GAF!!!

I'm done my treasures FAQ, but I'm fucking missing ONE treasure, ONE!!!11!1! Damnit I was hoping this wouldn't happen.

I'll list the treasures in order that I found them, please check the list against yours. If you found the one that I don't have then post what it is, but also post the treasure you found before it and the treasure you found after it. I think the game keeps track of the list in the order that you found them, most recent ones being at the top of the list. Compare my list to yours, start from the bottom of your in-game list.

If you consider treasures to be spoilers, then do not read the rest of this post.

PLEASE HELP!!
1) Silver Mosaic Inca Earring
2) Jeweled Silver Monkey
3) Decorated Gold Ring
4) Silver Llama
5) Golden Inca Cup
6) Silver Turtle
7) Gold Tairona Pendant
8) Gold and Turquoise Inca Earring
9) Silver Inca Figurine
10) Silver Fish Charm
11) Gold Frog
12) Intricate Gold Ring
13) Patterned Silver Ring
14) Golden Jaguar
15) Silver Inca Vessel
16) Golden Toothpick
17) Silver Bird Vessel
18) Silver Inca Earring
19) Strange Relic
20) Silver Jaguar
21) Golden Spoon
22) Silver Inca Mask
23) Spanish Silver Coin
24) Silver Tairona Pendant
25) Gold Llama
26) Decorated Silver Ring
27) Silver Frog
28) Golden Fish Charm
29) Jeweled Golden Brooch
30) Silver Belt Buckle
31) Spanish Gold Coin
32) Silver Spanish Chalice
33) Gold Coatimundi
34) Golden Turtle
35) Silver Inca Cup
36) Jeweled Silver Cross
37) Silver Toothpick
38) Gold Spanish Chalice
39) Silver Coatimundi
40) Golden Cup and Cover
41) Golden Inca Vessel
42) Golden Skull
43) Silver Snuff Box
44) Silver Spanish Cup
45) Silver Ingot
46) Gold Inca Figurine
47) Golden Bird Vessel
48) Golden Spanish Goblet
49) Jeweled Golden Cross
50) Silver Skull
51) Golden Inca Mask
52) Silver Cup and Cover
53) Jeweled Silver Brooch
54) Gold Snuff Box
55) Gold Monkey Figurine
56) Golden Seadragon Pendant
57) Gold Ingot
58) Golden Skull Rosary
59) Sapphire and Silver Mask

BTW, fuck Gamespot. Seriously, no one on GAF respects their opinion, not just PS3 fans.

You have done well. I only have 36 items so far. The ones I have not on your list:

Silver Inca Vessel
Silver Spanish Goblet

I'll bet we're missing a Gold Skull somewhere, since there's a silver one.

Loudninja

Cheat Code Central 11/19/2007 4.8 out of 5 96.0%
PS3 Advanced 11/19/2007 9.3 out of 10 93.0%
IGN 11/13/2007 9.1 out of 10 91.0%
GamerNode 11/19/2007 9 out of 10 90.0%
Game Revolution 11/19/2007 A- 90.0%
PSX Extreme 11/18/2007 9 out of 10 90.0%
UGO 11/14/2007 A- 90.0%
GameTap 11/14/2007 9 out of 10 90.0%
Eurogamer 11/14/2007 9 out of 10 90.0%
GameSpy 11/14/2007 4.5 out of 5 90.0%

and now the 8 reviews
Game Informer 12/1/2007 8.75 out of 10 87.5%
Electronic Gaming Monthly 12/25/2007 8.5 out of 10 85.0%
TotalPlaystation 11/17/2007 8.5 out of 10 85.0%
1UP 11/14/2007 8.5 out of 10 85.0%
GameSpot 11/19/2007 8 out of 10 80.0%
GamePro 11/14/2007 4 out of 5 80.0%[/B]

~Kinggi~

Banned
Berserker said:

:lol i had a good laugh

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Loudninja said:
:lol nope

Or use the word "their" instead of "they're?"

Or end a sentence with the phrase "easygoing platforming stuff?"

Narcosis said:
Gamespot scored Uncharted 8.5 eh? Wow, 2 whole points higher than I was expecting from them.....

On another note, this mirror world unlockable screws with my head.....

Holtz

Berserker said:

Uh, what? Who?

Berserker said:

Probably not the best idea you've had to make that post.

Ploid 3.0

lol gamespot pulled through.

I feel for the state of the game media. We need more journalist types, and less HS newspaper writers (for the text content not the scores). They need to do little things, like proof read, check facts, research whats good and bad, and other things. Are they even competing with other sites as far as quality content goes, or do hits provide all the support they need? Maybe if there were competition that didn't depend on tabloid like tactics and were funded by subscriptions with minimal ads (magazine/newspaper).

Basch

Loudninja said:
and now the 8 reviews

When I was importing one of my anime CDs, Neon Genesis Evangelion (Second Sountrack for those who wanted to know), I came across a song title that resonates quite well with the reception in regards to the PS3 and the press. Sony should add it to their advertising campaign. I think it would do wonders for the system...

She said, "Don't make others suffer for your personal hatred."

How many can agree with that? :lol

Synless

Pristine_Condition said:
You have done well. I only have 36 items so far. The ones I have not on your list:

Silver Inca Vessel
Silver Spanish Goblet

I'll bet we're missing a Gold Skull somewhere, since there's a silver one.
Yea, you guys are missing the gold skull, I have that one.

Basch

Ploid 3.0 said:
lol gamespot pulled through.

I feel for the state of the game media. We need more journalist types, and less HS newspaper writers (for the text content not the scores). They need to do little things, like proof read, check facts, research whats good and bad, and other things. Are they even competing with other sites as far as quality content goes, or do hits provide all the support they need? Maybe if there were competition that didn't depend on tabloid like tactics and were funded by subscriptions with minimal ads (magazine/newspaper).

In Gamespots case, the hits do just fine. Otherwise, they would have fixed their embarassing write-ups and given a stronger performance to create even higher hits. Oh wait, that is just the definition for being slothful. :D

I'd give it an 8 or an 8.5. BuddyC's really well-done review reads like an 8 or an 8.5. It's a very good score, and anyway, why are these site's opinions so damn important to you? Many of you are sad, sad little people who apparently don't have enough good games to play or something.

This is Definately my Fav game of the year. Once i got used to the combat its all golden.

Chapter 15 right now how far do i have to go?

Awntawn

dammitmattt said:
I'd give it an 8 or an 8.5. BuddyC's really well-done review reads like an 8 or an 8.5. It's a very good score, and anyway, why are these site's opinions so damn important to you? Many of you are sad, sad little people who apparently don't have enough good games to play or something.
Good games should get the good sales that they deserve. Being a PS3 exclusive already puts it at a disadvantage due to userbase, the last thing it needs is misinformation spreading on the internet slowing it down even more. That's why people are upset. Uncharted doesn't have the pre-release hype that other games this holiday season. It needs good reviews to sell well, and a lot of people feel it's not getting the credit it deserves. Just the fact that there are is so much factually incorrect information in the reviews just proves that most of the media clearly isn't even giving the game a chance to impress them.

An 8 eh? Well i'm glad that gamespot held true to form. I'd say ditto to the 8.5 mass effect, but really i can't speak to it since i haven't beaten that game.

Once again a review that seems to have some real petty "negatives" for a great game. I'm sorry but this game deserves better scores. This isn't a good game, this is a great game that deserves nods for GOTM and to be talked about in the GOTY discussion. I don't think it should win mind you, but dammit its that good.

I've never been so out of sync with the review consensus as much as this. I just don't see glaring flaws with this game. And this isn't like most game reviews where people bitch about it before they've played it themselves. Because of the early release date, the people disagreeing have actually played the game before a lot of the reviews came out.

I see this game being the inverse of the typical highly anticipated game. You know the games that get tons of hype, and then the inflated reviews scores reflect it with high 9s. But over time the sentiment wanes. I have a feeling Uncharted won't win any big accolades but its word of mouth will sustain it as a game that is held in very high regard

Even great games has people who's played it and chimed in threads like these with "negative" impressions. But i really haven't seen them for this game. And on GAF i think that's saying something.

YYZ

tanod said:
Did you find the strange relic yet?
yes, it's not anywhere special.

it is found in chapter V: The fortress.

STRANGE RELIC:
I'm not sure why yet, but this one is important (the game gives you 20 reward
points for finding it). This one can be found in the area where you first
encounter pirates in this chapter. After defeating the pirates, go up the
stairs and above the doorway you first entered this area from. You need to
jump to the roof of the broken stone house as shown in the picture. The Relic
can be found in the corner on the roof.

I have the golden skull btw.

pristine_condition, check your PM box.

Awntawn said:
the last thing it needs is misinformation spreading on the internet slowing it down even more. .
i really dont think uncharted has that much misinformation being spread about it....the majority of reviews have all been overwhelmingly positive save for a few attention-whore sites that lowballed the game just to create hits and controversy

otherwise, gamers reaction to this game has been very positive. it now lies with sony to market this game at every available opportunity to achieve good sales this holiday

tanod

when is my burrito
YYZ said:
yes, it's not anywhere special.

it is found in chapter V: The fortress.

STRANGE RELIC:
I'm not sure why yet, but this one is important (the game gives you 20 reward
points for finding it). This one can be found in the area where you first
encounter pirates in this chapter. After defeating the pirates, go up the
stairs and above the doorway you first entered this area from. You need to
jump to the roof of the broken stone house as shown in the picture. The Relic
can be found in the corner on the roof.

I have the golden skull btw.

pristine_condition, check your PM box.

Wait, what? You didn't realize what the strange relic is????

I am sitting at 43 treasures found. I am guessing I am missing some from the last few chapters as I was worried too much about getting killed.

One question though, when you do select level, it makes you choose a save game. For instance, my play though is Save 1. If I select it, will it erase what I have done on that save? I hope this makes sense, lol.

gluv65 said:
installed FW 2.01 and this POS is still freezing on the boat, can I get my money back at gamestop.

Sounds like you have a corrupt file on you save data. You could back up your files and reformat the hard drive. That might help. I feel for ya, this game is so damn fun and you can't even play it.

Awntawn said:
Good games should get the good sales that they deserve. Being a PS3 exclusive already puts it at a disadvantage due to userbase, the last thing it needs is misinformation spreading on the internet slowing it down even more. That's why people are upset. Uncharted doesn't have the pre-release hype that other games this holiday season. It needs good reviews to sell well, and a lot of people feel it's not getting the credit it deserves. Just the fact that there are is so much factually incorrect information in the reviews just proves that most of the media clearly isn't even giving the game a chance to impress them.

What misinformation is floating around that would hurt the sales? The number of melee combos? That's such a small part of the game that it doesn't even matter.

People here are just upset because they feel that their opinions are not being justified by the mainstream gaming press, which is ridiculous because 8s and 8.9s are great scores. These reviewers are impressed. I was impressed. Almost everyone in this thread is impressed.

Uncharted's sales aren't going to be impacted by half a point in a few reviews. What is hurtng the sales is Sony's complete inability to build any kind of mainstream buzz or hype for either of the big PS3 titles this fall. The two best-selling PS3 games this fall are going to be Guitar Hero 3 and Call of Duty 4, two games that Sony is not even pushing.

dammitmattt said:
The two best-selling PS3 games this fall are going to be Guitar Hero 3 and Call of Duty 4, two games that Sony is not even pushing.

If GH or RB outsell Uncharted on the PS3 there are serious problems with PS3 gamers taste.

tanod

when is my burrito
Judging from the anecdotal sell out reports (which never happens for PS3 games), the demand for the game is high or GS and other stores chronically and severely under-ordered the game, especially since this is the biggest shopping week of the year. I'm guessing it's the latter.

PS3 has jack shit for space in retail stores. I don't think they have a snowball's chance in hell of doing any catching up whatsoever in NA for the holiday season. Sony could get gamers, media, developers, and the general buying public all behind them but if they don't have retail space, none of that matters.

SolidSnakex said:
If GH or RB outsell Uncharted on the PS3 there are serious problems with PS3 gamers tastes.

Why? Guitar Hero and Rock Band are phenomenal games with much broader appeal than Uncharted. I never said Rock Band will outsell Uncharted this fall, but I would bet that Guitar Hero does, and COD4 should most certainly outsell everything on the PS3.

tanod said:
Judging from the anecdotal sell out reports (which never happens for PS3 games), the demand for the game is high or GS and other stores chronically and severely under-ordered the game, especially since this is the biggest shopping week of the year. I'm guessing it's the latter.

PS3 has jack shit for space in retail stores. I don't think they have a snowball's chance in hell of doing any catching up whatsoever in NA for the holiday season. Sony could get gamers, media, developers, and the general buying public all behind them but if they don't have retail space, none of that matters.

PS3 has more retail shelf space per sales dollar than 360 or Wii.

dammitmattt said:
Why? Guitar Hero and Rock Band are phenomenal games with much broader appeal than Uncharted. I never said Rock Band will outsell Uncharted this fall, but I would bet that Guitar Hero does, and COD4 should most certainly outsell everything on the PS3.

CoD4 outselling it is fine, it's a great game and lived up to the hype that I doubted back when eveyone was going crazy for it at E3. But GH? No, just no.

SolidSnakex said:
CoD4 outselling it is fine, it's a great game and lived up to the hype that I doubted back when eveyone was going crazy for it at E3. But GH? No, just no.

Guitar Hero is one of the biggest gaming franchises around this side of Mario, Madden, Halo, and Grand Theft Auto. Uncharted is a new IP.

Basch

dammitmattt said:

Again, it's not about the review scores. The comments made therein those reviews are supposed to inform gamers: truth is a necessity. Of course, opinions are nice to hear, but they are designed to complement the objective based points. There will always be people who are not interested in even the most popular games, so opinions should not overide what is made to be an informative guide to the audience. What is even sadder in my opinion is the fact that some do not even care about poor journalism. Something could be done to stop it, but, alas, indifference takes its toll.

By the way, after the last comment you made, you just lost all credibility you may have had left with me, which was already considerably low. Matter of fact, I find it ironic how you decided to comment on poor people like me who care for reviews (yeah, right) and then decide to throw your own review out there: at least three times as well. On top of that, earlier, you gave a few impressions, said you were not finished yet with the game, and slapped on a score of a B+. So I take it you finished the game now. I don't know what made you think that a B+ was an 80-85. By all acounts a B+ is around an 87-89. Did you not like the ending? I haven't played the game myself, but I'm having a hard time believing that you even tried to remain unbiased throughout the duration of the game. Maybe, I'm just misreading what you meant, but, if that is the case, then you need to work on your communication skills.

2007 has been a great year for games; I'm still catching up from 2006. There are many games to play, and fortunately I am biased to no system. I enjoy many offerings from each system. But right now, I'm planning on digging into some Resistance: Fall of Man to check out the level designs in multiplayer. Yes, by myself, I find them so fascinating. I can't put any major amount of playtime in the single player campaign, yet, as I have still to beat Half-Life 2's campaign. I can only play two to three games at a time or else I get too distracted and won't get back to one of the games I'm playing. A good portion of the games I'm playing now, though, have to be finished by Christmas, so I can donate my whole time to Uncharted. :D

dammitmattt said:
Guitar Hero is one of the biggest gaming franchises around this side of Mario, Madden, Halo, and Grand Theft Auto. Uncharted is a new IP.

I never said it wasn't popular just that it'd call into question PS3 gamers taste if it does outsell Uncharted.

Kittonwy

Banned
cjtiger300 said:
I am sitting at 43 treasures found. I am guessing I am missing some from the last few chapters as I was worried too much about getting killed.

One question though, when you do select level, it makes you choose a save game. For instance, my play though is Save 1. If I select it, will it erase what I have done on that save? I hope this makes sense, lol.

You have finished the game so you can access any part of the game through chapter select, but using save 1 will overwrite that save in terms of progress if you just want to play it through again, that said you can switch difficulty at anytime.

For Crushing it's a little different, let's say I finished hard and I want to play on Crushing, I would have to start a new game, and when I select on a save, I would use a new save and carry over the treasures and medals when the game asks me.

Top Bottom