• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted |OT|

Evlar

Banned
Sharp said:
Wait, the next gen filter is an actual feature in the game? :lol Hilarious if true.
Yeah, it's one of the unlockables. It also has black & white render mode (which looks incredible) and sepia-tone.

VonGak!

Banned
The Sphinx said:
Yeah, it's one of the unlockables. It also has black & white render mode (which looks incredible) and sepia-tone.

Screen-cap, pretty please ^.^ Also of the unshaded if possible.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Is it ok if I post a couple of screens of one of the extra skins? Or would that be too spoilerish? The skin per se is unrelated to game proceedings.

Wollan

TTP said:
Is it ok if I post a couple of screens of one of the extra skins? Or would that be too spoilerish?
As long as it's not a vital character that spoils too much (omg, Francis drake is alive and is Nathans plumber dad!).

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Wollan said:
As long as it's not a vital character that spoils too much (omg, Francis drake is alive and is Nathans plumber dad!).

Cool then. Gimme a couple of minutes ;)

VonGak!

Banned
TTP said:
Is it ok if I post a couple of screens of one of the extra skins? Or would that be too spoilerish? The skin per se is unrelated to game proceedings.

You could post a direct link to the pic with a spoiler warnin^g ^.^ I'd sure like to see some bald next gen skin.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Forsete said:
TTP you should spend every non-sleeping minute capturing screens of this game with your capture card. :p

Well, I'm kinda doing so already with Blimblim ;)

Anyway, here is one of the new skins (I love the details)

8brmd76.jpg

6ps0e9d.jpg

71gxwrn.jpg

8erxdu1.jpg

edit: couple more

KTallguy

Banned
I'm on Chapter 15, I think.

I wish there were more "run and gun" segments, like
when the zombies are chasing you
down that hallway. I really liked that.

KTallguy said:
I'm on Chapter 15, I think.

I wish there were more "run and gun" segments, like
when the zombies are chasing you
down that hallway. I really liked that.

That section blew my mind, I didnt even know that move existed until that section. It fucking rocked hard. I beat this game last night, and I cant wait to go through again. Such an experience.

methane47

has satterfield apologized or admitted his mistakes from the GT review? or does he still believe that square-triangle-square is the only combo in the game?

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
methane47 said:
has satterfield apologized or admitted his mistakes from the GT review? or does he still believe that square-triangle-square is the only combo in the game?

Isn't it? AFAIK there is a square-square-square-square and a square-triangle-square, no?

tanod

when is my burrito
TTP said:
Isn't it? AFAIK there is a square-square-square-square and a square-triangle-square, no?

r1 square

square r1 square

square while sneaking up on somebody (stealth kill)

methane47 said:

I'm pretty sure the guy that reviewed Uncharted was Daniel Kaiser.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
tanod said:
r1 square

square r1 square

Well, last one is more of a context sensitive move but anyway, what do you get if you perform those other moves?

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
TTP said:
Well, last one is more of a context sensitive move but anyway, what do you get if you perform those other moves?

Shoot then punch.

Punch, pistol whip, punch.

Well I took uncharted back to gamestop and they gave me a full refund. I hope this game becomes playable for me in the near future. I will buy it used periodically so that I can take it back without any problems. The one game I have been looking forward to all year long, I can not play and the funny thing is, the game plays on my friends ps3 go figure.

6 disc and a firmware update and constant freezing.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
gluv65 said:
Well I took uncharted back to gamestop and they gave me a full refund. I hope this game becomes playable for me in the near future. I will buy it used periodically so that I can take it back without any problems. The one game I have been looking forward to all year long, I can not play and the funny thing is, the game plays on my friends ps3 go figure.

Whoa, really? The game is unplayable on your machine even after the 2.01 update?

Seems like a problem with your system to me as that is not a common problem.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Well, how do you make those combos work? All I get is punch - shoot - punch or shoot - punch. I'm not doing any special combo. Just mixing punches with gun shots as I normally would pushing those two buttons.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
gluv65 said:

Sorry to hear that man. Sounds like something with your PS3 :\

Time to call Sony?

Synless

gluv65 said:

I seriously think your ps3 is broken......you really should send it in, I wouldn't be surprised if this happens to you with other games in the future.

Erebus

gluv65 said:

Dude I feel for you but this is really really wicked. You said the disc played at your friend's PS3? Doesn't this automatically mean that the problem lies within your PS3?

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
gluv65 said:
You should have exchanged your PS3 instead of the game. Don't expect that console to work well in the future if you're having problems like that with this game.

At the very least you should have tried to backup and reformat the HDD. Games and firmware were obviously not at the fault there.

tanod said:
r1 square

square r1 square

If you're gonna mention that last one (not really a combo per-se I guess) you can also mention that you can run and press [] for a flying kick into someone.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
DarkUSS said:
Dude I feel for you but this is really really wicked. You said the disc played at your friend's PS3? Doesn't this automatically mean that the problem lies within your PS3?

I feel it's an issue with the HDD. Did he try doing a system restore?

tanod

when is my burrito
Marconelly said:
If you're gonna mention that last one (not really a combo per-se I guess) you can also mention that you can run and press [] for a flying kick into someone.

The review said there was one melee combo which in my mind equates to a move. Those are all melee moves with different gameplay implications.

Erebus

TTP said:
I feel it's an issue with the HDD. Did he try doing a system restore?

That would probably help. Too bad he already returned the game :(

You see guys all my other games play very well even AC and R & C so I don't know if my ps3 is bad

Perhaps the cache data of Uncharted were corrupted and since you cannot delete them manually, the only obvious way is the HDD format.

tanod

when is my burrito
gluv65 said:
You see guys all my other games play very well even AC and R & C so I don't know if my ps3 is bad

You might have had a bad sector on your HD. Did you try backing up, reformatting and restoring?

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
gluv65 said:
Uncharted also pushes the system harder than those games, I'd say (especially in terms of moving data around). I've seen such things before with other systems, however, where random games would not work while others functioned perfectly.

A amazing review from PLAY magazine. I swear the guy was reading my thoughts.

REVIEW: 10/10

As you sift through the many reviews on Uncharted, comparisons to Indiana Jones and Tomb Raider are inevitable. Nathan performs the same type of nimble acrobatics and even pushes a block or two in an adventure that would make Harrison Ford wish he was CGI; but be weary. This is no Indiana Jones or Tomb Raider; this is something entirely original.

Uncharted is more than just a game. It’s an interactive blockbuster that requires you and a controller to move from scene to scene.

Aside from the usual visual prompts Uncharted is as organic a gaming experience as you will ever encounter. It’s also the single most breathtaking game ever created. Anyone who tells you that great graphics don’t make a game owns a Wii.
:lol

While great gameplay is just as important, that gameplay doesn’t have to be 100% original to stir the soul. You want original; go play LocoRoco (also available from SCEA!).

Uncharted does many things, many of which have been done before and a few that haven’t. It’s the way in which they are presented here that makes them altogether oven fresh. The duck ’n’ cover aspects surpass Gears of War’s (I know it sounds impossible, but it’s true); the adventure surpasses any of Lara’s previous outings (ditto) and the environmental puzzles eclipse all that came before them. Why? Because technology drives gameplay.

This is why I loathe a game with characters that don’t walk. I play my games as if I was living vicariously through the protagonist, soaking in detail, admiring panoramas, and inspecting every nook of a given area.

There’s a point early on in the game investigating a German U-boat where Nathan emerges from behind a Waterfall gazing upon the vast jungle. As the birds caw and flutter over the horizon it gives you a sense of the epic scale of the game, but it’s only a taste of what’s to come. Coming up out of the bunker into chapter 20 is when it really hit me: my God, video games have arrived—I’m witnessing a rebirth.

If you like Indiana Jones, Tomb Raider, Ico, and Gears of War, Uncharted will be your game of the year, I’m absolutely sure of it. Wait: did I just compare it to… Awh hell.

HIS +: Heretofore unseen level of detail, visual splendor and in-game cinematics, in a game that never lets go.

HIS -: Anyone who uses the phrase “Dude Raider” to describe it.

AMEN

deepbrown

gluv65 said:
I'll try the hdd format, but only when I buy it used, so if it doesn't work, I can still get my money back.
Uncharted constantly streams using the HDD...so I expect that's where to problem lies.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
To be fair, being a game with good platforming, this was a shoe-in for a 10 in Play magazine, but still that reads like a nice, enthusiastic review, as usual from them. Halverson was actually even a bit critical of this game a few months ago, saying that he wasn't sold on the whole "everyday guy" kind of main character. Glad to see he changed his mind.

Basch

I'm surprised no one has commented about how Play Magazine is unreliable. Maybe it is finally becoming more accepted. And I thought I was the only one who enjoyed the magazine. :D

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Basch said:
I'm surprised no one has commented about how Play Magazine is unreliable. Maybe it is finally becoming more accepted. And I thought I was the only one who enjoyed the magazine. :D

I enjoy the magazine my self as well since I like the anime coverage and the way they do previews on reviews is a toss when they describe the game well I like them.

Top Bottom