• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted |OT|

Dante

Interview with "some guy at Naughty Dog I can'ts spell his name" on the new EGM live.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=205675

Some interesting stuff :)

Interesting to know that there are no "canned" animations

65 hand to hand combat moves, location sensitive.

Lottsa emphasis placed on rumble.

Absolutly no forced sixaxis.

Heavily praises Amy's writing, and the actors.

Sound recorded at Skywalker sound.

Possible ND PSN game later on.

Brian says one area is Goonies meets Indiana Jones, and also says some indoor enviornments not shown look better than the jungle stuff

Can't comment on Home stuff

Blu Ray disc is filled with extras

NO load times, NO pop in ever.

he tip-toed around the super natural elements.

Elena changed due mostly to technoly, more specifically a hair shader

No comment on Jak.

Dante said:
Interview with "some guy at Naughty Dog I can'ts spell his name" on the new EGM live.

Brian says one area is Goonies meets Indiana Jones, and also says some indoor enviornments not shown look better than the jungle stuff

Sounds great. I kind of forgot we were getting home tie-ins now. They are adverticing Home on their tv spots, so i guess its about that time.

Loudninja

Dante said:

No comment on Jak.

great job dude:D

Kittonwy

Banned
Dante said:

No comment on Jak.

Richard Lemarchand.

Hair shader ftmfw.

AFW RAWR.

Indifferent2.gif

FirewalkR

Dante said:

hopes to equal Crysis in Uncharted 2, only with more sparks, because they're Naughty GOD

No comment on Jak.

So awesome.

Sigh, I was a little disappointed with the interview to be quite honest. Shane seems to think that British people have never seen the Goonies for petes sake. Well I'm British and I fucking love the Goonies. It used to be on TV all the time! Other than that it was pretty cool but there was virtually no new information.

Has Shane even been to Britain? He's also of the impression that we all hate New Zealanders. Did I miss a memo?

Yoboman

freethought said:
Sigh, I was a little disappointed with the interview to be quite honest. Shane seems to think that British people have never seen the Goonies for petes sake. Well I'm British and I fucking love the Goonies. It used to be on TV all the time! Other than that it was pretty cool but there was virtually no new information.

Has Shane even been to Britain? He's also of the impression that we all hate New Zealanders. Did I miss a memo?
Australians "hate" New Zealanders, I think he was confused

Kittonwy

Banned
freethought said:

Who doesn't? Them and their kiwis and their wallabies, jeebus.
Indifferent2.gif

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
freethought said:

I hope the goonies level has some good "booty twaps"!

Basch

Dante said:

No comment on Jak.

I guess this pretty much confirms the game's use of 4D. I'm interested in the Home stuff as well. I swear hearing from an interview before that Insomniac decided to support Home with Ratchet by allowing for unlockable skins. Maybe Naughty Dog will do the same with Jak and Drake. What else could they include for Home?

Yoboman said:
Australians "hate" New Zealanders, I think he was confused

Australians don't hate New Zealanders. New Zealanders are like the little brother trying to pick a fight with the big brother who doesn't care.

Basch

I don't know if this was mentioned yet but according to PS3Center.net new PlayStation 3 bundles will be made available in Spain. The three bundles are reported to be a movie pack (the 40 Gigabyte model introduced here in the States) for 419.99 euros, a gamer pack which will include Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction for 439.99 euros, and an Uncharted: Drake's Fortune bundle for 439.99 euros as well. The gamer pack with Ratchet is speculated to come out on November 15th, while the Uncharted bundle will roll out mid-December. The site also felt confident enough to include that they think that these bundles will be made available in the rest of Europe as well. No word as of yet for a North American or Japanese release.

Demo still on the 7th?

The demo is set to release on the PSN November 8th. Unless you have something to tell us... :D

calder

With all the excitement over COD4 (and boy am I excited) I've almost forgotten that the demo is this week. :D

My non-new gen having brother called all babbling about COD4 and how he's going to pick up a PS3 this weekend to finally be able to play the rest of us and I mentioned Uncharted to him. He has many of the same gaming tastes as I do, so I was almost happy he hadn't heard of it yet. I pointed him to the MassiveAttack trailer and he was shocked and very impressed to say the least, and even more impressed that the demo will be out by the time he gets a PS3. :)

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
calder said:
With all the excitement over COD4 (and boy am I excited) I've almost forgotten that the demo is this week. :D

My non-new gen having brother called all babbling about COD4 and how he's going to pick up a PS3 this weekend to finally be able to play the rest of us and I mentioned Uncharted to him. He has many of the same gaming tastes as I do, so I was almost happy he hadn't heard of it yet. I pointed him to the MassiveAttack trailer and he was shocked and very impressed to say the least, and even more impressed that the demo will be out by the time he gets a PS3. :)
Bless his soul. May his underwears never skidmark. More love for Uncharted is a great thing.

Pachimari

Loudninja said:
Good news guys!
Other playable charatcers confirmed!for you next play though
I already listed the characters when I played the beta though :p
If I remember right, there's
5 good and 5 enemies
And as said before, it's "just" skins, and there's no funny ones. I confirmed
no Jak or Daxter
. Maybe there's more in the full version, I just don't think so.

Kittonwy

Banned
Anastacio said:
5 good and 5 enemies
no Jak or Daxter

Did you play around with the various filters?
Indifferent2.gif

Loudninja

Anastacio said:
5 good and 5 enemies
no Jak or Daxter

Actaully no, he siad full playable characters, not skins

Pachimari

Ashhong said:
curious, who are you and who do you work for? :)
I'm a gaming journalist, a writer, earlier editor. Having played beta codes of Uncharted, Heavenly Sword, Pro Evolution Soccer 2008, The Club (alpha I think) and many other videogames. I know stuff in the industry before things are announced, and I live ten minutes from IO Interactive (makers of Kane & Lynch and Hitman). Now you kind of know who I am.. =)

In my opinion, it's just skins if they don't have anything unique to them - like different moves. If they indeed have different moves or gameplay wise differences, then I'll call them characters, but for now, for me, it's skins as I can't imagine them being any different to Nate Drake.

Ashhong

Loudninja said:
Listen to the damn EGM live.

Anastacio has a point. If they don't have separate moves, its really just a skin. I think Richard just meant a different character, but in his eyes, it's the same as a skin.

Anastacio said:
I'm a gaming journalist, a writer, earlier editor. Having played beta codes of Uncharted, Heavenly Sword, Pro Evolution Soccer 2008, The Club (alpha I think) and many other videogames. I know stuff in the industry before things are announced, and I live ten minutes from IO Interactive (makers of Kane & Lynch and Hitman). Now you kind of know who I am.. =)

Cool thanks for the info. I don't remember the Club, but you listed 2 PS3 exclusives, so maybe some PS writer? Just a guess

Pachimari

Ashhong said:
Cool thanks for the info. I don't remember the Club, but you listed 2 PS3 exclusives, so maybe some PS writer? Just a guess
The Club is a game for the Xbox 360. It's a multiconsole website, I write about all machines - PC, PlayStation2, PlayStation 3, PSP, NintendoDS, Wii and Xbox 360. So you can say I'm not a fan or exclusive to anyone, I praise quality. But back to Naughty Dog and naughty Nate Drake grawww....

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
DrXym said:
Pirate ship confirmed!

But does that mean unskippable cutscenes?

Cutscenes are in real time though, aren't they?

There's probably some slight loading times for the cutscenes I'm sure...if not, that's just too crazy. They probably refer to gameplay when they say no loading. Which I guess is more important.

Top Bottom