• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted |OT|

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Hmmm, tried left analog stick and X and he does go around the corner, but doesn't stay sticky to the cover? How do you slide without coming out of cover?

Master Z

chespace said:
Hmmm, tried left analog stick and X and he does go around the corner, but doesn't stay sticky to the cover? How do you slide without coming out of cover?

You want to use the same wall as cover but slide to the other side? Drake won't stick to cover when you press up on L stick and X, only run around the corner. You need to press O to get back into cover.

Ceb

I like that Drake doesn't stay in cover when you left+X around corners. It's impossible to corner single crates that way though, right? You can only jump over them? That's messed up a couple of firefights for me.

Finished the game just now btw, more or less in a straight sitting. The game just never lets up and I couldn't pull myself away from it. That's the best praise I can give a game. Best next-gen experience so far.

I'm soooo thankful for all the time that ND's artists and programmers must've put in to be able to realize these gorgeous environments. The background complexity and texture variety is unseen in gaming.

SaitoH

chespace said:

As Master Z said when you hold forward and X to slide around the corner then press circle to keep cover. You can slide completely around a post while keeping cover that way.

Raziel

Markade said:
Kill 3 enemies with one explosion 5 times. A good place to get it is the room with all the boxes where the
soldiers and the zombie things are all fighting
Oh, nice. Thanks.

Oneself

Ceb said:
Finished the game just now btw, more or less in a straight sitting. The game just never lets up and I couldn't pull myself away from it. That's the best praise I can give a game. Best next-gen experience so far.

I'm soooo thankful for all the time that ND's artists and programmers must've put in to be able to realize these gorgeous environments. The background complexity and texture variety is unseen in gaming.

Finished the game just now. Amazing experience.. I will do it again on a harder difficulty that's for sure.. and about the game, I just couldn't say it better than you did.

the_id

sleeping_dragon said:
Uncharted must be the Game of This Generation because I can hardly see or hear any complaints in this thread so far and that is after 9000 posts.
There are complaints, but they are more of the legitimate types and not trolling. before the game was released, every unchrated thread was a troll fest. glad the guys took out the barrellz and Llama.

Laurent

Alright, I played the demo and was excessively impressed by the quality of that game. But now time has passed and by buying that game tonight, I was expecting it to be good of course but... WOW!!!!!!! I so should have bought it last week! Stupid Assassin's Creed full of bugs... >_<

IzumiK

Banned
I got around to buying the game. I noticed some pricing issues... not of Uncharted.

Uncharted and Ratchet were priced at 59.99 CAD and Lair was still at 69.99... I found that strange.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Beat the motherfucker.

Really cannot remember the last time I had this much genuine fun with a game. So awesome.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Markade said:
Kill 3 enemies with one explosion 5 times. A good place to get it is the room with all the boxes where the
soldiers and the zombie things are all fighting

is this confirmed? I heard it was speculation.

msdstc said:
is this confirmed? I heard it was speculation.

Nope, it worked for me. I only have the crushing medal left.

Edit: Yup I just checked, it's called expert Dyno-Might. Just get to that place, let the enemies group up, throw a grenade and kill yourself after you kill three and repeat.

YYZ

dralla said:
I'm pretty sure this is the best review out there. Everyone who likes this game and is wondering what's up with some of the shittastic reviews out there, watch this review.

spoilers are mostly for rewards, they tell as much story as a movie review would. Cutscenes are out of context, but they show plenty of those too so don't watch if you want to come into this game completely blind.

calder

Finished the game last night. Was frankly embarrassed at my low score at the end as I thought I had gotten a pretty good first playthrough down, ND need to have some more attainable rewards to make us slackers feel good about ourselves when we get to the end. ;)

I will definitely go back and start filling in some games in rewards. Just loved the game beginning to end, can't wait for a sequel.

TEH-CJ

Banned
Just put my order in today at play-Asia to import Uncharted

anyone know how long it will take to arive ? :D

( live in AUS btw)

GeoramA

My friend's going to let me use Uncharted when I'm done with Assassin's Creed.

Along with Everyday Shooter, I'm loving my PS3 right now.

Kittonwy

Banned
dralla said:

YES!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
What does "fast motion" do? Drake seems to run/animate faster. How does it impact gameplay?

YYZ

chespace said:
What does "fast motion" do? Drake seems to run/animate faster. How does it impact gameplay?
it just makes you move faster. Honestly, I think his default animation (at least the running) is way too slow. I hope they increase it by 25-50% in Uncharted 2. It makes the game more enjoyable for me to have fast motion on. I think every character is animated faster.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
YYZ said:
it just makes you move faster. Honestly, I think his default animation (at least the running) is way too slow. I hope they increase it by 25-50% in Uncharted 2. It makes the game more enjoyable for me to have fast motion on. I think every character is animated faster.

no way... keep it the same. Imagine he was faster, the game would've been far shorter anyways. The point is they went for realism, and that's what we got. Now if they do an online some speed would be nice.

So the average time of completion is around 7-8 hours, is that right? I have until Sunday to play games, after that I won't be going near games for some time. Can I realistically finish this in a few nights?

Kittonwy

Banned
AltogetherAndrews said:
So the average time of completion is around 7-8 hours, is that right? I have until Sunday to play games, after that I won't be going near games for some time. Can I realistically finish this in a few nights?

It'll be teh best 9-10 hours you'll ever spend.
Indifferent2.gif

Kittonwy said:
It'll be teh best 9-10 hours you'll ever spend.
Indifferent2.gif

Eh, it's between this and just playing more COD4. This seems to require some involvement so it's a gamble. If I don't manage to finish it by Sunday evening, I'll have to wait probably a month to see the ending.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
AltogetherAndrews said:
Eh, it's between this and just playing more COD4. This seems to require some involvement so it's a gamble. If I don't manage to finish it by Sunday evening, I'll have to wait probably a month to see the ending.
You must plow through this, it is worth the effort.

EDIT - And I beat it in 8:23

Greg

After many delays and things that popped up in my schedule, I finally finished the game!

My initial impressions (first 5 or so chapters) were extremely high... then the game hit a weak spot for a few chapters and I was feeling really down about the game in general - however, things instantly picked back up, and holy shit... what a fucking game! :D

Really... fucking amazing is all I can say - haven't been this satisfied with a completion of a game in a looooong time.

Kittonwy

Banned
Greg said:
After many delays and things that popped up in my schedule, I finally finished the game!

My initial impressions (first 5 or so chapters) were extremely high... then the game hit a weak spot for a few chapters and I was feeling really down about the game in general - however, things instantly picked back up, and holy shit... what a fucking game! :D

Really... fucking amazing is all I can say - haven't been this satisfied with a completion of a game in a looooong time.

I'm trying to stop myself from jumping right back into another game on hard after finishing crushing so I can get some work done, but yeah it rocks, the characters are so awesome, great voice-acting, but most importantly the action is just so intense, thanks to the insane AI and the absolutely butter smooth controls, absolutely nothing touches it right now.
Indifferent2.gif

Kittonwy

Banned
AltogetherAndrews said:

Yeah go for Uncharted.
Indifferent2.gif

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Played it for ~2h tonight, got to the point where the demo begins. The game is in-godamn-credible so far. This is literally PS3's Ico, in the sense that now I just want to give a console and a copy of the game to all of my friends, and tell them to play it, so that they can see what the games really can be.

Based on their previous efforts alone, I never could have guessed ND had this in them. They made games that were fun, but really nothing even close to this.

Just beat Crushing. Surprised
that there wasn't some sort of alternate ending / bonus
.Time to clear out the rest and clear this game for good.

tanod

when is my burrito
So, just played some more of the game after not touching it since I beat it and played a bit of Hard last Saturday. It's only been 5 days and I was afraid I was going to come back to it and it wasn't going to be as good as I remembered. I felt the same way about purchasing the game, having only played through the demo once.

I said out loud, "Damn, I forgot how good this game looked." Now I'm about 50% of the way through my 2nd playthrough of the game and the game clock says close to 13 hours. Judging by that, I'm pretty sure I beat the game at around 8.5 hours. I never knew there was a game clock before.

Had a lot of fun playing Uncharted tonight. I had played through the COD4 SP campaign in the last couple of days and found it frustrating and cheap and the AI was fucking brain dead compared to Uncharted. There were some cool moments in COD4 but I think Uncharted is ruining games for me. The difficulty and the weapons are tuned infinitely many times better in Uncharted. Uncharted is also much better paced and consistently good all around.

EDIT: So, that last paragraph was kind of rambly but in summary, I was a bit disappointed in COD4 SP but Uncharted really delivered and continues to do so. So happy with the game.

DarkKyo

Wow. I just watched my brother do the second jet ski part and he didnt even bother facing a single pirate, he just blew through it in under 5 minutes at top speed. Unbelievable, it took me over a half hour to shoot all those guys out and I died a few times. I'm pissed now!

Kittonwy

Banned
Dechaios said:
Wow. I just watched my brother do the second jet ski part and he didnt even bother facing a single pirate, he just blew through it in under 5 minutes at top speed. Unbelievable, it took me over a half hour to shoot all those guys out and I died a few times. I'm pissed now!

LOL.

Kittonwy

Banned
tanod said:
So, just played some more of the game after not touching it since I beat it and played a bit of Hard last Saturday. It's only been 5 days and I was afraid I was going to come back to it and it wasn't going to be as good as I remembered. I felt the same way about purchasing the game, having only played through the demo once.

I said out loud, "Damn, I forgot how good this game looked." Now I'm about 50% of the way through my 2nd playthrough of the game and the game clock says close to 13 hours. Judging by that, I'm pretty sure I beat the game at around 8.5 hours. I never knew there was a game clock before.

Had a lot of fun playing Uncharted tonight. I had played through the COD4 SP campaign in the last couple of days and found it frustrating and cheap and the AI was fucking brain dead compared to Uncharted. There were some cool moments in COD4 but I think Uncharted is ruining games for me. The difficulty and the weapons are tuned infinitely many times better in Uncharted. Uncharted is also much better paced and consistently good all around.

EDIT: So, that last paragraph was kind of rambly but in summary, I was a bit disappointed in COD4 SP but Uncharted really delivered and continues to do so. So happy with the game.

I think while people praise the game's graphics so much, there are a few things that Naughty Dog did right, like AI, gameplay design like the level layout and where the enemies will come into the level in a way that presents challenge to the player while still doesn't feel cheap, and controls, controls, controls. It's obvious that they were tuning the game like they've never tuned any of their previous games before, it's so easy to pick up and play. I'm having trouble getting back to COD4 SP to be honest.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Dechaios said:

You didn't have to stop and aim. Just hitting R1 would make Elena auto-aim and kill everything.

Jesus, I haven't seen this much universal praise in a gaf thread, an offical game one no less, in forever. I picked up this game last week but have been really busy and don't have the time to play right now. I'm also waiting on my DS3 to enjoy this game fully. I knew this game was going to be alot of fun and I didn't bother with the reviews but it seems like it's getting nothing but admiration from you guys. I hope the sales justly reflect the caliber of this game and the enthusiast press wakes up to this game.

Brashnir

reilo said:
You didn't have to stop and aim. Just hitting R1 would make Elena auto-aim and kill everything.

oh now what the hell. I was stopping to kill everything too and it drove me nuts. Thanks. I don't think there's any more of those segments, but maybe that can save one of my roommates some trouble if they play through the game.

Top Bottom