• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted |OT|

Jtrizzy

but I'm scared ;) I thought hard was harder than normal, but not too much. From what I read here, it appears that crushing is much harder than hard. Is that fair to say?

Also, I'd like to get the points so I can mess with the skins and unlockables before I try crushing. Anyone know if I need to have started the game on hard to get credit, or can I just go back and do the one's I played on normal?

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
GauntletFan said:
a lot of the climbs lack weight, and the pulling-up and hopping over rocks looks poorly done
I think waist-climbs and hop-overs in UDF are really good actually. They look very good and feel very snappy - enough so that you can use those moves in gunfight instead of waiting for animations to finish, so that you can regain control. If they had more 'weight', they would be slower, it's as simple as that.

Kittonwy

Banned
deepbrown said:
Just complete it on crushing, and it will give you the hard medal as well :)

Crushing is hard though.
Indifferent2.gif

Sol..

I am Wayne Brady.
Are there any combos in the game other than square square square square and square triangle square?

I'm curious if i can get specific stuff done like I love drop kicking people. I only did it once and don't know how.

Kittonwy

Banned
Marconelly said:
I think waist-climbs and hop-overs in UDF are really good actually. They look very good and feel very snappy - enough so that you can use those moves in gunfight instead of waiting for animations to finish, so that you can regain control. If they had more 'weight', they would be slower, it's as simple as that.

Yep, I'm sure they could have made things slower to add more weight but then it would slow the pacing down, everything in the game is just so brisk, you're swept from one location to the next, one scenario to the next, that's something I love about this game is that it feels like a game, and NOT WORK, I don't have to do a bunch of stupid boring tasks to open up yet more stupid boring tasks, it's platforming to get a nice vista, or getting into an intense gun fight and get some nice but brief cutscene or even just getting to the next gorgeous area as a payoff.
Indifferent2.gif

Jtrizzy

Jtrizzy said:
but I'm scared ;)

Also, I'd like to get the points so I can mess with the skins and unlockables before I try crushing. Anyone know if I need to have started the game on hard to get credit, or can I just go back and do the one's I played on normal?

Honestly, I'm not sure if I want to mess with crushing. I'm not sure I could pass a few of the hardest set pieces.

tanod

when is my burrito
Forsete said:
Who posted?

Loudninja 608
deepbrown 483
Kittonwy 337
Firewire 283
Dante 174
BruceLeeRoy 156
Marconelly 145
Wollan 143
PistolGrip 142
Anastacio 125

This is the case for any official thread ever. Check out the Halo 3, SMG, or Call of Duty 4 thread. Top 10 posters account for a relatively large percentage of all thread posts.

Kittonwy

Banned
Sol.. said:
Are there any combos in the game other than square square square square and square triangle square?

I'm curious if i can get specific stuff done like I love drop kicking people. I only did it once and don't know how.

Steelfist combo: R1, Square
Gunslinger combo: Square, R1, Square
Dropkick: Soften them up with bullets, then run in for the drop kick (Square)
Stealth kill: Square from behind.
Baseball slide: Soften them up with bullets, then roll, Square

deepbrown

Kittonwy said:
Steelfist combo: R1, Square
Gunslinger combo: Square, R1, Square
Dropkick: Soften them up with bullets, then run in for the drop kick (Square)
Stealth kill: Square from behind.
add mine! Soften then up and then roll into them and press square!

GauntletFan said:
I diasgree. A lot of the animations in UDF are weaker than AC. Aside from the 'sliding into position'. a lot of the climbs lack weight, and the pulling-up and hopping over rocks looks poorly done. The facial animation is amazing (not surprising as ND's background is in acting and storytelling) but the general navigation and character control anims didn't impress me.

Heh, you are awefully critical of this game, fine, though you seem to give unreserved praise to other games...fair, fair, everyone has a bias, and Im a big fan of ND games...anyway, cant agree at all...like I said, animation has a good range, but it is noticibly jerky in AC, especially when you are climbing.

YYZ said:
Check out these mad skillz yo. There's no sound because I'm playing with headphones on, and I have no way to have direct feed for sound. Watch the blooper all the way to the end too :D

http://s217.photobucket.com/albums/...h/?action=view&current=Ch5_Water_Gunfight.flv

http://s217.photobucket.com/albums/...n=view&current=Ch5_Water_Gunfight_Blooper.flv

Absolutely bad ass man!
Nice shooting thats what makes this game so fing awesome I swear that looks like a movie its got all the fluid movement and great action as a QTE but your actually playing.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
GauntletFan said:
AC has better animation, IMO. Way more fluid and lifelike.. UDF has a lot more blending, and the tech is probably doing more, but the character animations themselves aren't very good.

It's all a matter of taste anyway. I think AC looks better. But that's not to say UDF looks bad. We've had a run of extremely high quality looking games released over the last few months, all with their strong points.. it's a good time for great looking games.

beverage-Kool-Aid.jpg

News4gamers podcast which I actually never listen too has a great mini review of Uncharted they basically just say the reviews that give it a 8,8.5 are ridiculous.

My brother bought it.

O MY GOODNESS! *SQUEEEEEEEEEEE*

Very, very well done game. From the first moment to the scene after finding the U-Boat, all the way up to the ending. I mean wow...the ending was so damn perfect! It was like you're watching a movie with the great story and location work...yet you were playing it as well.

You know what made this game for me though? The animations and sound. It felt real, and that's the thing one of the devs said in the interview "animations were key".

I'm at a loss for words:lol The chemistry between the characters were great as well. My and my brother stayed up till 1am in our room discussing where the next one should take place. And Elena did not have MAMMOTH breasts and was actually useful at times! Major credit to Naughty Dog for baking such a perfect cake in all regards.

Also such things as auto saving, telling you WHEN it last saved. All the little things...really added to the game.

Now there were some negatives:
I noticed some tearing but only several times.

It gave me motion sickness and I haven't finished my file yet. But then again almost all next gen games make me sick :(

Sometimes loading of textures would be slow and you'd notice it. I opened a gate and the other side was pure white:lol

About the ending:
I'm pretty sure Elena will lose her job from the TV studio and just join up with Sully and Drake to go "treasure hunting" and whatnot. She lost the boat+the camera which she could have used to explain the whole mess.

Can't wait.

Kittonwy

Banned
CrushDance said:
My brother bought it.

Very, very well done game. From the first moment to the scene after finding the U-Boat, all the way up to the ending. I mean wow...the ending was so damn perfect! It was like you're watching a movie with the great story and location work...yet you were playing it as well.

You know what made this game for me though? The animations and sound. It felt real, and that's the thing one of the devs said in the interview "animations were key".

I'm at a loss for words:lol The chemistry between the characters were great as well. My and my brother stayed up till 1am in our room discussing where the next one should take place. And Elena did not have MAMMOTH breasts and was actually useful at times! Major credit to Naughty Dog for baking such a perfect cake in all regards.

Also such things as auto saving, telling you WHEN it last saved. All the little things...really added to the game.

It gave me motion sickness and I haven't finished my file yet. But then again almost all next gen games make me sick :(

Sometimes loading of textures would be slow and you'd notice it. I opened a gate and the other side was pure white:lol

About the ending:
I'm pretty sure Elena will lose her job from the TV studio and just join up with Sully and Drake to go "treasure hunting" and whatnot. She lost the boat+the camera which she could have used to explain the whole mess.

Can't wait.

I'm sure Elena can keep her job if she wants to given Sully found those crates of spanish gold, she'll probably get her share, part of which to pay for the boat and the camera.

CrushDance said:
My brother bought it.

About the ending:

Can't wait.

Great impressions man glad you liked it!

deepbrown

deepbrown said:
Anyone think it gets dark too early? Or at least that they want the jungle to come back after Chap 13? It does in a way with that amazing encounter outside the monastery with the red sky...love that....but I just want a bright jungle bit again :p Because it gets dark at Chapter 13...and doesn't lighten up...meaning that half of the game is jungle, half of it is dark like Gears of War.
???

The Chef

I was playing it this morning and ended up trying to take some pics with my camera. I wish the shots came out a little better but when I got to these parts I almost died it looks so incredible.
This is hands down the best looking game I have ever played.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

TEH-CJ

Banned
The Chef said:
I was playing it this morning and ended up trying to take some pics with my camera. I wish the shots came out a little better but when I got to these parts I almost died it looks so incredible.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

Wow

W.O.W

W
O
W

W
O
W

The Chef said:

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

Good lord nice pictures man I have played through those parts numerous times but I still cant believe how gorgeous they look.

deepbrown

The Chef said:
Can you take a picture of the wall when you first go into the fortress? :)

G-Bus

Banned
Yay, just finished my first run threw the game. Did it on Hard. Took me about 11 hours. I died so many times in a couple places. Almost changed the difficulty down a notch but I pulled threw it, I wanted those medals and the crushing difficulty.

I only found 11 treasures and got about 500 points. Had my 100 headshot medal by chapter 11. I was pretty stoked by that.

Stunning visuals, great story, tons of action. Had me on the edge of my seat threw most of it. Not sure I liked the plot twist. Definitely wasn't expecting it, that's for sure. I still feel like theres something this game needs. Not sure what but it just feels lacking in some way.

I need MOAR. Make it happen ND. Jak can wait.

I <3 the Drake :D

JB1981

got my DS3 today

tried it out with uncharted - feels good.

i think they did something with the sticks. they click down a lot better

JB1981 said:
got my DS3 today

tried it out with uncharted - feels good.

i think they did something with the sticks. they click down a lot better

Really? Very nice how is the rumble? Do you think it adds anything significant?

Top Bottom