• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted |OT|

Can someone take a pic of the huge church framed against the red sky? One of the final chapters.

God I wish this game had a photo mode like Halo 3. EVERY game should come with that. Standard. This game is so beautiful.

revolverjgw said:
Can someone take a pic of the huge church framed against the red sky? One of the final chapters.

God I wish this game had a photo mode like Halo 3. EVERY game should come with that. Standard. This game is so beautiful.

Ill have it tomorrow

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Here's the 100% finished Uncharted theme. All icons done, and there's two wallpapers included inside the theme.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=R69P8HFR

*edit* It would be a good idea to delete the old version of the theme if you don't want to get them confused on the list, as this one has slightly different name, so it won't overwrite the old one.

It looks kinda like this:

6ssr2h4.jpg

6tvavci.jpg

dirtmonkey37

flinging feces ---->
I'm split between this and Mass Effect. Come December, I'll be buying one game that'll tie me over until the holidays.

I know Mass Effect is a longer game, but I love Naughty Dog, and on top of that, I love lean game experiences. You know, the super-packed, content-rich, lean, perpetually fresh, backtracking-less gameplay experiences. It seems as though Uncharted is one of those... which makes deciding very painful. My ambivalence is only magnified by the fact that the game is only 8-10 hours long yet people say it's the best game they've played all year....

ARRGHH!

jet1911

dirtmonkey37 said:
I'm split between this and Mass Effect. Come December, I'll be buying one game that'll tie me over until the holidays.

I know Mass Effect is a longer game, but I love Naughty Dog, and on top of that, I love lean game experiences. You know, the super-packed, content-rich, lean, perpetually fresh, backtracking-less gameplay experiences. It seems as though Uncharted is one of those... which makes deciding very painful. My ambivalence is only magnified by the fact that the game is only 8-10 hours long yet people say it's the best game they've played all year....

ARRGHH!

I've bought and I regret nothing! :p

dirtmonkey37 said:

ARRGHH!

If your trying to find all the treasure and get all of the achievements your first go around it easily extends to 14+ hours. Also I dont think there has anyone that has played it that hasnt immediately gone back and started another game. I have COD4, AC, and HS to get too and I still cant get enough of Uncharted.

Well, what a great ride. Completed it and I immediately started again (and I hardly ever do that), this time on hard. And I'm having even more fun. In addition, it definitely looks prettier to me on the second play through, now that I've stopped looking at it for the 'next-gen-ness', it really is stunning in places. I think coming off the back of Galaxy it took a while to adjust...I can see myself playing through this multiple times in the future as it will be a good game to come back to and blast through one rainy afternoon.

Bulla564

Banned
dirtmonkey37 said:

ARRGHH!

Both games will hook you in, and they both have great presentation. With that said, Uncharted is a more refined, heck, flawless experience, while Mass Effect has things that take away from the experience.

So far, I have spent 8 hours with Uncharted, and 17 hours with Mass Effect (finished both). The 8 hours of Uncharted felt much more fulfilling to me.

JB1981

Forsete said:
lol, no.. just no. No way in hell it does.
AC is frameloss screentear GALORE on PS3, a really shitty job by Ubi.
Dark was talking about the 360 version, the only version of AC anyone should be playing. And yes, it runs pretty damn well considering what it's doing. Tearing is pretty minimal and the framerate is more than acceptable. Uncharted has plenty of tearing, especially in the early going. In fact, it has more severe tearing in the early stages than AC ever does on the 360.

Kittonwy

Banned
dirtmonkey37 said:

ARRGHH!

I own both. Buy Uncharted, it's simply more enjoyable, great pacing, great characters, nothing feels boring or repetitive, it's like having the best steak you can possibly have, grilled to perfection, served with horse radish and a side of mushrooms. Get ME a bit later.
Indifferent2.gif

TEH-CJ

Banned
Kittonwy said:
I own both. Buy Uncharted, it's simply more enjoyable, great pacing, great characters, nothing feels boring or repetitive, it's like having the best steak you can possibly have, grilled to perfection, served with horse radish and a side of mushrooms. Get ME a bit later.
Indifferent2.gif

And Diane sauce

the_id

I'm going for my 3rd play through. this time on hard.

The game where i've played more than twice on SP were the first metal gear solid on the PS1, FFVII on PS1 the MGS2 on PS2 and Resistance on PSTriple.

Uncharted just went up into one of my life time fav game. Game Of the Lifetime for me!!

TEH-CJ

Banned
the_id said:
I'm going for my 3rd play through. this time on hard.

The game where i've played more than twice on SP were the first metal gear solid on the PS1, FFVII on PS1 the MGS2 on PS2 and Resistance on PSTriple.

Uncharted just went up into one of my life time fav game. Game Of the Lifetime for me!!

Funny you say that, because i get a similar feeling while only playing the demo...

if the full game is anything like the demo, then it will be hands down be my favourite game for a long fucking time. The gameplay is the definition of perfect.

Dante

Did any of you pick up the soundtrack on iTunes yet? How's the pdf book that comes with it? I have to get an iTunes card becase I don't have enough credit.. If the book aint too special maybe I'll just pick up a few songs with the credit I have.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
8h of play, got through 80% of the game. I'm actually 99% sure I've played longer than that and that the game probably doesn't count retries and cutscenes towards that play time.

Things are getting
damn creepy now. This game has transformed from the holiday on a tropical island with nutty pirates to a Silent Hill tombs of despair - and I just love how the transition took the place smoothly and gradually before I even had a chance to notice it.

My small gripe is that I just don't get how am I supposed to do the stealth neck snap consistently. Most of the time it seems I just initiate the punching sequence when I approach the enemies from behind pressing square. Maybe I have to hold square longer instead?

Another gripe is that the puzzles so far were all very simple. I understand that some people don't like difficult puzzles, but maybe ND should have made a hard puzzle mode for those that enjoy that kind of stuff like wife and I do. Liked the bells puzzle, neat and intuitive, and the symbols puzzle that follows took us maybe half a minute to figure out, but from what I understand, that was the last puzzle in the game (I think Mesijs or someone mentioned it a long time ago). The overall adventuring feel is ridiculously good though, and gunfights are strategic to the point that they all feel like puzzles unto itself (figuring how to 'solve' them the easiest way I mean)

Kittonwy

Banned
Dante said:
Did any of you pick up the soundtrack on iTunes yet? How's the pdf book that comes with it? I have to get an iTunes card becase I don't have enough credit.. If the book aint too special maybe I'll just pick up a few songs with the credit I have.

I have the soundtrack. 4 pages, stylish.
Indifferent2.gif

TEH-CJ

Banned
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWD!!

MY COPY OF GODCHARTED JUST ARRIVED FROM PLAY-ASIA!!!!!!!!!!!111111ONE

I'M LIKE SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW!

OK BYE EVERYONE I AM NOW GOING TO PLAY THIS GOD ON A DISK

* takes vallium*

mr_nothin

Banned
Marconelly said:
8h of play, got through 80% of the game. I'm actually 99% sure I've played longer than that and that the game probably doesn't count retries and cutscenes towards that play time.

Things are getting damn creepy now. This game has transformed from the holiday on a tropical island with nutty pirates to a Silent Hill tombs of despair - and I just love how the transition took the place smoothly and gradually before I even had a chance to notice it.

My small gripe is that I just don't get how am I supposed to do the stealth neck snap consistently. Most of the time it seems I just initiate the punching sequence when I approach the enemies from behind pressing square. Maybe I have to hold square longer instead?

Another gripe is that the puzzles so far were all very simple. I understand that some people don't like difficult puzzles, but maybe ND should have made a hard puzzle mode for those that enjoy that kind of stuff like wife and I do. Liked the bells puzzle, neat and intuitive, and the symbols puzzle that follows took us maybe half a minute to figure out, but from what I understand, that was the last puzzle in the game (I think Mesijs or someone mentioned it a long time ago). The overall adventuring feel is ridiculously good though, and gunfights are strategic to the point that they all feel like puzzles unto itself (figuring how to 'solve' them the easiest way I mean)
CONTAINS SPOILERS

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
mr_nothin said:
CONTAINS SPOILERS
OK, I think I marked the part that was kinda spoilerific, so edit your quote accordingly. However, most of that stuff was on the Halloween trailer so I don't think it's much of a spoiler.

Kittonwy

Banned
TEH-CJ said:

* takes vallium*

GO PLAY NOW.
Indifferent2.gif

Loudninja

TEH-CJ said:

* takes vallium*

Good for you, also I am glad Uncharted is coming out a little later in the Pal regions, it will give it some room to sale.

dirtmonkey37

flinging feces ---->
Kittonwy said:
Indifferent2.gif

Alright, come December 1st, Uncharted it is (I just bought Assassin's Creed a week ago...Jesus, too many game purchases).

Dante

Mr Nothin you have to kill that quote above because now yours has HUGE spoilers.

dirtmonkey37 said:
Alright, come December 1st, Uncharted it is (I just bought Assassin's Creed a week ago...Jesus, too many game purchases).

Great choice :) I actually picked up ME today, but I'm pretty torn on if I want to go for more medals and Treasures in Uncharted or start ME. The only reason I decided to go with ME was because my DS3 is arriving tomorrow and I want to utilize it in Uncharted :)

YYZ

Uncharted has caused many incidents of men humping their HDTVs in the past week. Luckily no one on GAF has fallen victim to this....yet.

dirtmonkey37

flinging feces ---->
Dante said:
Mr Nothin you have to kill that quote above because now yours has HUGE spoilers.

Great choice :) I actually picked up ME today, but I'm pretty torn on if I want to go for more medals and Treasures in Uncharted or start ME. The only reason I decided to go with ME was because my DS3 is arriving tomorrow and I want to utilize it in Uncharted :)

Ooh... Actually, I want to get a DS3 now... WHY CAN'T I HAVE BOTH!

Because money is an issue. As always...

EDIT: Okay, if I do decide to buy a DS3, are there any repercussions? Even though the PS3 is region free, will it not function on certain future PS3 titles?

And where do I download the update to enable rumble functionality in current PS3 games?

TEH-CJ

Banned
dirtmonkey37 said:
Ooh... Actually, I want to get a DS3 now... WHY CAN'T I HAVE BOTH!

Because money is an issue. As always...

EDIT: Okay, if I do decide to buy a DS3, are there any repercussions? Even though the PS3 is region free, will it not function on certain future PS3 titles?

And where do I download the update to enable rumble functionality in current PS3 games?

I have one and it works fine, no hickups yet

and you would of updated it when you download the firmware 2.0

but hey dont take my word for it...considering you have a grudge against me and all :p

Kittonwy

Banned
Dante said:

Personally I found it kind of hard to get used to the combat in ME (and everything else for that matter) now that I've played Uncharted a couple of times and all that AI flanking, cover-vaulting, ledge-hanging and brutal combos have been ingrained into my gaming psyche.
Indifferent2.gif

Wow, Crushing is really Crushing!
I am at the water area in the fortress, chapter 5 I believe
, and it is killing me. I had to take a break. Any help on how to get through this onslaught of pirates would be great. Ouch these guys are tough.

Fletcher

Very fun and refreshing game. I love the setting and theme of the entire thing. Good shit.
I think I just hit Chapter 14? I'm taking my time with the game and it's letting me enjoy it more.

llTll

Banned
well... i never liked tomb raider type of games so i didnt feel i really need to buy this even tho it look and plays really amazing from the demo. so.. i went to the store yesterday. and guess what, i found a used copy :lol . i guess the guy left the store while i was going inside was the one who sold it because he was counting some cash he got :lol . anyway i bought the game. i didnt get a chance to play it yet.

[ i hope my ps3 still works. i didnt turn it on for sometime :lol ]

YYZ

cjtiger300 said:
Wow, Crushing is really Crushing!
I am at the water area in the fortress, chapter 5 I believe
, and it is killing me. I had to take a break. Any help on how to get through this onslaught of pirates would be great. Ouch these guys are tough.
http://s217.photobucket.com/albums/...h/?action=view&current=Ch5_Water_Gunfight.flv

http://s217.photobucket.com/albums/...action=view&current=Ch5_Water_Gunfight_v2.flv

First video is if you kept the revolver from the room you ziplined into.
Second video is if you picked up the grenade launcher in the room just before where you are.

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
Nice themes Marcellony.

I'm close to the end, I liked the game but was a little bit disappointed. The story was one of the strongest part of the game, and was delivered well. The main "good" characters were all really likeable. The action gameplay was good, it just felt a bit repetitive. The variation of enemies was really lacking, and sometimes it felt forced that you ran into them.

Good game though, picking up ME next :).

Defuser

llTll said:
well... i never liked tomb raider type of games so i didnt feel i really need to buy this even tho it look and plays really amazing from the demo. so.. i went to the store yesterday. and guess what, i found a used copy :lol . i guess the guy left the store while i was going inside was the one who sold it because he was counting some cash he got :lol . anyway i bought the game. i didnt get a chance to play it yet.

[ i hope my ps3 still works. i didnt turn it on for sometime :lol ]
Bastard!! Buy a new copy instead of a used one!!

Top Bottom